English [ÔN CHUYÊN + HSG TỈNH] Luyện từ vựng và ngữ pháp nâng cao

Trinh Linh Mai

Học sinh tiến bộ
Thành viên
30 Tháng ba 2021
Thanh Hóa
THCS Định Hưng
BÀI TẬP NGÀY 6/9/2021: LEXICO & GRAMMAR
1. After thanking everyone for their moral support, the now aged actress went on _______ the most significant moments of her bright career.
A. having recounted
B. to recount
C. to have recounted
D. recounting

2. Taking out a short-term loan is a _______ feasible solution to the company’s cash flow problems.
A. greatly
B. fully
C. perfectly
D. extremely

3. No one can function properly if he or she is________________adequate sleep.
A. took away
B. deprived of
C. derived from
D. run out

4. Could I have a sip of your water just to _______ my thirst?
A. mitigate
B. quench
C. gratify
D. exacerbate

5. The situation is out of control, and ______ action needs to be taken immediately.
A. dramatic
B. drastic
C. caustic
D. gigantic

6. When Jones stood up and started singing in the restaurant, it made my ________ curl.
A. toes
B. hair
C. fingers
D. lips

7. Could you lend me some money to_____________me over to the end of the month?
A. hand
B. tide
C. get
D. make

8. I always take my lucky______________with me into an exam.
A. sign
B. item
C. charm
D. spell

9. The countries in that region made an absolute ________ out of oil.
A. bang
B. pile
C. go
D. cash

10. I always take my lucky______________with me into an exam.
A. sign
B. item
C. charm
D. spell

1. After thanking everyone for their moral support, the now aged actress went on _______ the most significant moments of her bright career.
A. having recounted
B. to recount
C. to have recounted
D. recounting
Go on + to V: làm tiếp một việc khi làm xong việc nào đó

2. Taking out a short-term loan is a _______ feasible solution to the company’s cash flow problems.
A. greatly
B. fully
C. perfectly
D. extremely
A perfectly feasible solution - Giải pháp hoàn toàn khả thi

A. took away
B. deprived of
C. derived from
D. run out

A. mitigate
B. quench
C. gratify
D. exacerbate
Quench one's/someone's thirst - dập tắt cơn khát

5. The situation is out of control, and ______ action needs to be taken immediately.
A. dramatic
B. drastic
C. caustic
D. gigantic
Drastic action - hành động quyết liệt

6. When Jones stood up and started singing in the restaurant, it made my ________ curl.
A. toes
B. hair
C. fingers
D. lips
Made one's hair curl - cảm giác xấu hổ, ngượng ngùng, thích thú của ai đó

A. hand
B. tide
C. get
D. make
Tide sb over (sth)

A. sign
B. item
C. charm
D. spell
A lucky charm - bùa may mắn

A. bang
B. pile
C. go
D. cash

A. sign
B. item
C. charm
D. spell
(Câu 10 và 8 trùng nhau)

irishmeii291

Học sinh mới
Thành viên
26 Tháng bảy 2021
A. having recounted
B. to recount
C. to have recounted
D. recounting

A. greatly
B. fully
C. perfectly
D. extremely

A. took away
B. deprived of
C. derived from
D. run out

A. mitigate
B. quench
C. gratify
D. exacerbate

A. dramatic
B. drastic
C. caustic
D. gigantic

A. toes
B. hair
C. fingers
D. lips

A. hand
B. tide
C. get
D. make

A. sign
B. item
C. charm
D. spell

A. bang
B. pile
C. go
D. cash

A. sign
B. item
C. charm
D. spell

ng.htrang2004

Cựu Mod Anh
Thành viên
9 Tháng chín 2017
Hà Tĩnh
THPT chuyên Đại học Vinh - ViKClanha
ĐÁP ÁN BÀI TẬP NGÀY 6/9/2021: LEXICO & GRAMMAR
A. having recounted
B. to recount
C. to have recounted
D. recounting
Go on + V-ing : Chỉ sự liên tục của hành động.
My father went on working until he he was nearly 70.
Go on + to inf : Tiếp tục làm điều gì sau khi hoàn tất 1 công việc.
Go on to paint the windows when you have repaired the door

A. greatly
B. fully
C. perfectly
D. extremely
Đây là một collocation:
upload_2021-9-7_15-41-30.png

A. took away
B. deprived of
C. derived from
D. run out
Deprive (+of): to take something, especially something necessary or pleasant, away from someone

A. mitigate
B. quench
C. gratify
D. exacerbate
quench your thirst: to drink so that you no longer feel thirsty

A. dramatic
B. drastic
C. caustic
D. gigantic
Drastic (a) extreme in a way that has a sudden, serious or violent effect on something
Các bạn có thể tham khảo thêm ví dụ này của từ điển:
upload_2021-9-7_15-42-29.png

A. toes
B. hair
C. fingers
D. lips
make somebody’s toes curl: to make somebody feel embarrassed or uncomfortable

A. hand
B. tide
C. get
D. make
tide somebody over something: giúp ai qua khỏi cái gì

A. sign
B. item
C. charm
D. spell
Lucky charm: bùa may mắn, bùa hộ mệnh

A. bang
B. pile
C. go
D. cash
make a/your pile: to make a lot of money

A. sign
B. item
C. charm
D. spell
Trùng với câu 8 rồi á :>
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
- Hiện tại box Anh đang triển khai nội dung liên quan đến kì thi HSG cấp tỉnh kì thi vào 10 Chuyên môn Tiếng Anh tại đây: [ÔN CHUYÊN + HSG TỈNH] Luyện từ vựng và ngữ pháp nâng cao
- Nếu bạn muốn biết thêm kinh nghiệm ôn thi HSG và vào chuyên Anh có thể tham khảo và gửi lại thắc mắc để được giải đáp tại đây: Kinh nghiệm ôn thi HSG tỉnh và thi vào THPT chuyên môn Tiếng Anh

Junery N

Cựu Hỗ trợ viên
HV CLB Địa lí
Thành viên
23 Tháng mười một 2019
Nam Định
In the sky
A. having recounted
B. to recount
C. to have recounted
D. recounting

A. greatly
B. fully
C. perfectly
D. extremely

A. took away
B. deprived of
C. derived from
D. run out

A. mitigate
B. quench
C. gratify
D. exacerbate

A. dramatic
B. drastic
C. caustic
D. gigantic

A. toes
B. hair
C. fingers
D. lips

A. hand
B. tide
C. get
D. make

A. sign
B. item
C. charm
D. spell

A. bang
B. pile
C. go
D. cash

A. sign
B. item
C. charm
D. spell

Reactions: Thiên Thuận

minhtam8a2@gmail.com

Học sinh gương mẫu
Thành viên
12 Tháng hai 2016
Bình Định
THCS Ghềnh Ráng
BÀI TẬP NGÀY 8/9/2021: WORD FORMATION
Hôm nay mình xin phép đổi gió sang dạng bài này để đa dạng hóa bài tập theo mong muốn của nhiều bạn ha ^^

SIR ARTHUR CONNAN DOYLE
Famous the world over as the creation of Sherlock Holmes, Sir Arthur Conan_ Doyle was born in Edinburgh in 1859 into an Irish family who were (36) (INFLUENCE) INFLUENCER in the art world. Unfortunately, Arthur's father was an alcoholic, and his behaviour caused his family much (37) (HAPPY) unhappiness. Arthur probably inherited the ability to tell stories from his mother, who was a source of (38) (INSPIRE) inspiration to him.
Thanks to the (39) (GENEROUS) generosity of some relatives, Arthur was able to study medicine at Edinburgh University. He was a bright student, but (40) (REST) restless , and his zest for adventure led him to accept a contract as ship's surgeon aboard a whaler. Returning home, he completed his (41) (MEDICINE) medical studies in 1881.He eventually settled in the south of England.

Telling stories had always been a part of his life, but the creation of a (42) (FICTION) fictional detective called Sherlock Holmes turned Conan Doyle into a popular writer. It is believed that he based Holmes' character on one of his university tutors, Dr Joseph Bell, whom he regarded with respect and (43) (ADMIRE) admirationfor his logic and powers of (44) (DEDUCE) deduction. The first Sherlock Holmes story was so well received that Doyle was encouraged to write more. In 1893 he killed off his hero in order to concentrate on writing what he saw as more serious work, but this caused a public (45) (CRY) cry, and he was forced to bring Holmes back to life.
Famous the world over as the creation of Sherlock Holmes, Sir Arthur Conan_ Doyle was born in Edinburgh in 1859 into an Irish family who were (36) (INFLUENCE) influential in the art world. Unfortunately, Arthur's father was an alcoholic, and his behaviour caused his family much (37) (HAPPY) unhappiness. Arthur probably inherited the ability to tell stories from his mother, who was a source of (38) (INSPIRE) inspiration to him.
Thanks to the (39) (GENEROUS) generosity of some relatives, Arthur was able to study medicine at Edinburgh University. He was a bright student, but (40) (REST) restless , and his zest for adventure led him to accept a contract as ship's surgeon aboard a whaler. Returning home, he completed his (41) (MEDICINE) medical studies in 1881.He eventually settled in the south of England.

Telling stories had always been a part of his life, but the creation of a (42) (FICTION) fictional detective called Sherlock Holmes turned Conan Doyle into a popular writer. It is believed that he based Holmes' character on one of his university tutors, Dr Joseph Bell, whom he regarded with respect and (43) (ADMIRE) admirationfor his logic and powers of (44) (DEDUCE) deduction. The first Sherlock Holmes story was so well received that Doyle was encouraged to write more. In 1893 he killed off his hero in order to concentrate on writing what he saw as more serious work, but this caused a public (45) (CRY) outcry, and he was forced to bring Holmes back to life.

Last edited:

irishmeii291

Học sinh mới
Thành viên
26 Tháng bảy 2021
SIR ARTHUR CONNAN DOYLE
Famous the world over as the creation of Sherlock Holmes, Sir Arthur Conan_ Doyle was born in Edinburgh in 1859 into an Irish family who were (36) (INFLUENCE) influential in the art world. Unfortunately, Arthur's father was an alcoholic, and his behaviour caused his family much (37) (HAPPY) unhappiness. Arthur probably inherited the ability to tell stories from his mother, who was a source of (38) (INSPIRE)inspiration to him.
Thanks to the (39) (GENEROUS)generosity of some relatives, Arthur was able to study medicine at Edinburgh University. He was a bright student, but (40) (REST) restless, and his zest for adventure led him to accept a contract as ship's surgeon aboard a whaler. Returning home, he completed his (41) (MEDICINE) medical studies in 1881.He eventually settled in the south of England.

Telling stories had always been a part of his life, but the creation of a (42) (FICTION) fictional detective called Sherlock Holmes turned Conan Doyle into a popular writer. It is believed that he based Holmes' character on one of his university tutors, Dr Joseph Bell, whom he regarded with respect and (43) (ADMIRE) admiration for his logic and powers of (44) (DEDUCE) deduction. The first Sherlock Holmes story was so well received that Doyle was encouraged to write more. In 1893 he killed off his hero in order to concentrate on writing what he saw as more serious work, but this caused a public (45) (CRY) outcry, and he was forced to bring Holmes back to life.

ng.htrang2004

Cựu Mod Anh
Thành viên
9 Tháng chín 2017
Hà Tĩnh
Famous the world over as the creation of Sherlock Holmes, Sir Arthur Conan_ Doyle was born in Edinburgh in 1859 into an Irish family who were (36) (INFLUENCE) influential in the art world.
ĐÁP ÁN BÀI TẬP NGÀY 8/9/2021: WORD FORMATION
36. influential: having a lot of influence on somebody/something
37. unhappiness
38. inspiration: nguồn cảm hứng
39. generosity: the fact of being generous (= willing to do kind things or give somebody money, gifts or time freely)
40. restless: unable to stay still or be happy where you are, because you are bored or need a change
41. medical: thuộc về y khoa (medical study: nghiên cứu y khoa)
42. fictional: hư cấu (Sherlock Home là 1 nhân vật hư cấu)
43. admiration: sự ngưỡng mộ (+ for)
44. deduction: sự suy luận (+ from)
45. outcry: a reaction of anger or strong protest shown by people in public [outcry (at/over/against something]

Trong bài tập này, về cơ bản khi ở trình độ advanced đủ để thi chuyên và HSG cấp tỉnh trở lên thì việc biết cách xác định dạng từ hầu hết là rất okie rồi, việc quan trọng để tạo ra "breakthrough" là nên luyện tập nhiều, đọc nhiều, làm nhiều để có thêm kiến thức. Các bạn có thể sử dụng thêm một số ứng dụng như Anki, Quizlet, ... để ôn lại thường xuyên. Một số phương pháp ôn thi hiệu quả mình đã viết ở đây: CÁCH HỌC TỪ VỰNG HIỆU QUẢ

:< Mình soạn bài để tối up mà lỡ tay nhấn nhầm nên up luôn rồi :v:
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
- Hiện tại box Anh đang triển khai nội dung liên quan đến kì thi HSG cấp tỉnh kì thi vào 10 Chuyên môn Tiếng Anh tại đây: [ÔN CHUYÊN + HSG TỈNH] Luyện từ vựng và ngữ pháp nâng cao
- Nếu bạn muốn biết thêm kinh nghiệm ôn thi HSG và vào chuyên Anh có thể tham khảo và gửi lại thắc mắc để được giải đáp tại đây: Kinh nghiệm ôn thi HSG tỉnh và thi vào THPT chuyên môn Tiếng Anh

ng.htrang2004

Cựu Mod Anh
Thành viên
9 Tháng chín 2017
Hà Tĩnh
BÀI TẬP NGÀY 8/9/2021: SENTENCE TRANSFORMATION
(Do lúc sáng hơi lú nên hôm nay mình lên bài nhẹ nhàng với 5 câu thôi nhé ~~)

Complete the second sentence so that it has a similar meaning to the first one, using the word given. Don’t change the word given. You must use between three and eight words including the word given. (5p.)
sentence in such a way that it is as similar as possible in meaning to the original sentence. Do NOT change the form of the given word(s).

1. The reason why the two cars collided has been unknown. No

Các bạn vào làm thử sức nào ^^ @minhtam8a2@gmail.com @Trinh Linh Mai @Hazu No No Money @0396209770 @Junery N

Last edited:

minhtam8a2@gmail.com

Học sinh gương mẫu
Thành viên
12 Tháng hai 2016
Bình Định
THCS Ghềnh Ráng

Complete the second sentence so that it has a similar meaning to the first one, using the word given. Don’t change the word given. You must use between three and eight words including the word given. (5p.)
sentence in such a way that it is as similar as possible in meaning to the original sentence. Do NOT change the form of the given word(s).

Các bạn
No one knows why the two cárs are collided.

2. Our teacher never let us leave the school. To
Our teacher never allow us to leave the school.

3. You must keep this door closed at all times when the red light is illuminated. Account
On no account must you open this door when the red light is illuminated.

4. Students at the school are not allowed to go into the Rain Bow Disco. Bounds
The Rain Bow Disco is out of bounds to students at the school.

5. Although he was over slept, Clive wasn’t late for work. Up
Although he didn't woke up on time, Clive wasn't late for work.

irishmeii291

Học sinh mới
Thành viên
26 Tháng bảy 2021
1. No one has known about the reason why the two cars collided.
2. We were not allowed to leave the school by our teacher.
3. On no account must you open this door when the red light is illuminated.
4. The Rain Bow Disco is out of bounds to students at the school.
5. Despite not getting up on time, Clive wasn't late for work.

Hazu No No Money

Học sinh chăm học
Thành viên
27 Tháng mười 2018
Hà Nội
THCS yên thường

There is no explaination for the reason why the two car colloded.

Các bạn vào làm thử sức nào ^^ @minhtam8a2@gmail.com @Trinh Linh Mai @Hazu No No Money @0396209770 @Junery N
-
There is no explaination for why the two car colloded.

Our teacher never allow us to leave the school

3. You must keep this door closed at all times when the red light is illuminated. Account
On any account must you keep this door closed at all times when the red light is illuminated.

The Rainbow Disco is out of bounds to students at the school.

5. Although he was over slept, . Up
Although Clive woke up late,he wasn’t late for work.

Minh Tín

Học sinh tiến bộ
Thành viên
22 Tháng mười 2017

1. There have been no explanations for why the two cars collided.
2. Our teacher never allowed us to leave the school.
3. On any account when the red light is illuminated must this door be kept closed.
4. The Rain Bow Disco is out of bounds for students at the school.
5. Although Clive woke up late, he wasn't late for work.

ng.htrang2004

Cựu Mod Anh
Thành viên
9 Tháng chín 2017
Hà Tĩnh
1. No one has known about the reason why the two cars collided.
1. There have been no explanations for why the two cars collided.
ĐÁP ÁN BÀI TẬP NGÀY 8/9/2021: SENTENCE TRANSFORMATION
=> No one has known about the reason why the two cars collided.

=> We were not allowed to leave the school by our teacher.
Lưu ý: Động từ let không được dùng ở dạng bị động, khi dùng trong câu bị động thì let chuyển sang allow

=> On no account must you open this door when the red light is illuminated.
Cấu trúc đảo ngữ với "On no account": dù bất cứ lý do gì cũng không, không vì lý do nào, ...

=> The Rain Bow Disco is out of bounds to students at the school.
out of bounds: If an area is out of bounds, people are not allowed to go there.

5. Although he was over slept, Clive wasn’t late for work. Up
=> Despite not waking up/ getting up on time, Clive wasn’t late for work.
on time: đúng giờ

:> Phần bài hôm qua khá là dễ, thường có trong các đề thi HSG tỉnh lớp 9, rải rác ít ít trong đề thi HSG lớp 10 hoặc thi vào Chuyên.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

ng.htrang2004

Cựu Mod Anh
Thành viên
9 Tháng chín 2017
Hà Tĩnh
BÀI TẬP NGÀY 11/9/2021: ERROR CORRECTION
There are 10 mistakes in the following passage. Write them down and give the correct answers in the space provided.
Of the many unexplained phenomenon which continue to puzzle scientists and laymen
like, the corn circles of Southern England remain one of the most mysterious. These
perfect-formed circles, which, when they see from the air appear to have been inscribed with an
enormous carving tool, seem to be a part of significant message; so far, however, nobody
managed to decipher it, and it is doubtful if anyone will ever be able to. But the main
question – how the circles came to be there – are just as far from being solved. Although
several people have come forward claiming to have made the circles ourselves, scientists
declare that it would be impossible for even a large group to create shapes of such precision
on so a large scale. These circles have become one of the strongest arguments in support
of the existing of intelligent extra-terrestrial life forms.
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Last edited:

ng.htrang2004

Cựu Mod Anh
Thành viên
9 Tháng chín 2017
Hà Tĩnh
ĐÁP ÁN BÀI TẬP NGÀY 11/9/2021: ERROR CORRECTION
There are 10 mistakes in the following passage. Write them down and give the correct answers in the space provided.
Of the many unexplained (1) phenomenon => phenomena which continue to puzzle scientists and laymen
(2) like => unlike, the corn circles of Southern England remain one of the most mysterious. These
(3) perfect-formed => perfectly - formed circles, which, when they (4) see => are seen from the air appear to have been inscribed with an
enormous carving tool, seem to be a part of (5) significant message => a significant message; so far, however, nobody
(6) managed => has managed to decipher it, and it is doubtful if anyone will ever be able to. But the main
question – how the circles came to be there – (7) are => is just as far from being solved. Although
several people have come forward claiming to have made the circles (8) ourselves => themselves, scientists
declare that it would be impossible for even a large group to create shapes of such precision
on (9) so => such a large scale. These circles have become one of the strongest arguments in support
of the (10) existing => existence of intelligent extra-terrestrial life forms.
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

(1) phenomenon => phenomena
Đây là một lỗi vô cùng phổ biến, do phía trước có "many" nên danh từ phải ở dạng số nhiều, mà phenomenon là danh từ số ít nên cần chuyển sang dạng số nhiều là phenomena

(2) like => unlike
2 vế mang ý nghĩa đối ngược nên cần dùng unlike

(3) perfect-formed
Cần một trạng từ để bổ nghĩa cho formed => Nên phải chuyển perfect thành perfectly

(4) see => are seen
Chỗ này đang nói về these circles nên cần dùng ở dạng bị động

(5) significant message => a significant message
Ở đây significant message không phải là một vật thể đã xác định, đồng thời là một danh từ đếm được nên cần phải có mạo từ là a.

(6) managed => has managed

Phía trước có dấu hiệu thì HTHT là "so far"

(7) are => is
Ở đây dùng is vì chủ ngữ là question

(8) ourselves => themselves
themselves thay cho several people

(9) so => such
Phía sau là một danh từ nên thay so thành such

(10) existing => existence
Ở đây chuyển thành existence mang nghĩa sự xuất hiện

ng.htrang2004

Cựu Mod Anh
Thành viên
9 Tháng chín 2017
Hà Tĩnh
BÀI TẬP NGÀY 13/9/2021: LEXICO & GRAMMAR

1. Our lecturer _______ the importance of taking notes
A. reincarnated
B. reiterated
C. rehabilitated
D. reciprocated

2. The contemporary dialogue for me struck a slightly _______ note.
A. disembodied
B. discordant
C. dismissive
D. disconcerting

3. Both of the jobs I’ve been offered are fantastic opportunities – I’m in such _______!
A. a constituency
B. a deviation
C. an arrhythmia
D. a quandary

4. Sharon is such a positive person – she _______ her problems, whatever they are.
A. goes light on
B. throws light to
C. makes light of
D. sheds light upon

5. After hearing news of the attack, the general made plans for an immediate _______ against the enemy.
A. compilation
B. retaliation
C. accumulation
D. incantation

6. He didn’t mean to be offensive; it was quite an _______ remark.
A. innocuous
B. indehiscent
C. incendiary
D. insidious

7. Serena is still _______ ignorant of the fact that she is about to be made redundant.
A. blissfully
B. decorously
C. jubilantly
D. ecstatically

8. No decision has been taken about the building of the new airport. The authorities are still _______.
A. beating about the bush
B. comparing apples and oranges
C. sitting on the fence
D. holding all the aces

9. Oil spills will _______ even the healthiest of marine ecosystem.
A. play havoc on
B. break ground with
C. pay the consequences for
D. take their toll on

10. Congratulations on your success! How does it feel to be_______?
A. the man of the hour
B. a word of honor
C. an egg on the face
D. the top of the morning

minhtam8a2@gmail.com

Học sinh gương mẫu
Thành viên
12 Tháng hai 2016
Bình Định
THCS Ghềnh Ráng
BÀI TẬP NGÀY 11/9/2021: ERROR CORRECTION

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Of the many unexplained phenomenon=>phenomena which continue to puzzle scientists and laymen
like=>alike, the corn circles of Southern England remain one of the most mysterious. These
perfect-formed=>perfectly-formed circles, which, when they see=>are seen from the air appear to have been inscribed with an
enormous carving tool, seem to be a part of significant message=>the/a significant message; so far, however, nobody
managed=>has managed to decipher it, and it is doubtful if anyone will ever be able to. But the main
question – how the circles came to be there – are=>is just as far from being solved. Although
several people have come forward claiming to have made the circles ourselves=>themselves, scientists
on so=>such a large scale. These circles have become one of the strongest arguments in support
of the existing=>existence of intelligent extra-terrestrial life forms.
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

ng.htrang2004

Cựu Mod Anh
Thành viên
9 Tháng chín 2017
Hà Tĩnh
TỔNG KẾT TUẦN 5
Tuần vừa qua mình xin ghi nhận sự nhiệt tình ủng hộ của tất cả các bạn, tuy nhiên có 2 bạn sau là 2 bạn nổi bật nhất khi tham gia đầy đủ bài trong tuần qua gồm 2 bạn như sau:

@minhtam8a2@gmail.com: Tham gia 4/4 nội dung - 570 HMCoin
@0396209770: Tham gia 3/4 nội dung - 430 HMCoin

Cảm ơn tất cả các bạn đã tham gia ^^ Chúc các bạn tuần mới học tập thật tốt.
______________________________________________________________________________________

Kiều Anh.

Cựu TMod Địa
Thành viên
30 Tháng mười hai 2020
Hà Nội❤️
Hà Nội

A. reincarnated
B. reiterated
C. rehabilitated
D. reciprocated

The contemporary dialogue for me struck a slightly _______ note.
A. disembodied
B. discordant
C. dismissive
D. disconcerting

3. Both of the jobs I’ve been offered are fantastic opportunities – I’m in such _______!
A. a constituency
B. a deviation
C. an arrhythmia
D. a quandary

4. Sharon is such a positive person – she _______ her problems, whatever they are.
A. goes light on
B. throws light to
C. makes light of
D. sheds light upon

5. After hearing news of the attack, the general made plans for an immediate _______ against the enemy.
A. compilation
B. retaliation
C. accumulation
D. incantation

A. innocuous
B. indehiscent
C. incendiary
D. insidious

7. Serena is still _______ ignorant of the fact that she is about to be made redundant.
A. blissfully
B. decorously
C. jubilantly
D. ecstatically

8. No decision has been taken about the building of the new airport. The authorities are still _______.
C. sitting on the fence
D. holding all the aces

A. play havoc on
B. break ground with
D. take their toll on

A. the man of the hour
B. a word of honor
C. an egg on the face
Em nghĩ vậy :3

minhtam8a2@gmail.com

Học sinh gương mẫu
Thành viên
12 Tháng hai 2016
Bình Định
THCS Ghềnh Ráng
A. reincarnated
B. reiterated
C. rehabilitated
D. reciprocated

A. disembodied
B. discordant
C. dismissive
D. disconcerting

A. a constituency
B. a deviation
C. an arrhythmia
D. a quandary

A. goes light on
B. throws light to
C. makes light of
D. sheds light upon

A. compilation
B. retaliation
C. accumulation
D. incantation

A. innocuous
B. indehiscent
C. incendiary
D. insidious

A. blissfully
B. decorously
C. jubilantly
D. ecstatically

C. sitting on the fence
D. holding all the aces

A. play havoc on
B. break ground with
D. take their toll on

A. the man of the hour
B. a word of honor
C. an egg on the face

A. reincarnated
B. reiterated
C. rehabilitated
D. reciprocated

A. disembodied
B. discordant
C. dismissive
D. disconcerting

A. a constituency
B. a deviation
C. an arrhythmia
D. a quandary

A. goes light on
B. throws light to
C. makes light of
D. sheds light upon

A. compilation
B. retaliation
C. accumulation
D. incantation

A. innocuous
B. indehiscent
C. incendiary
D. insidious

A. blissfully
B. decorously
C. jubilantly
D. ecstatically

C. sitting on the fence
D. holding all the aces

A. play havoc on
B. break ground with
D. take their toll on

A. the man of the hour
B. a word of honor
C. an egg on the face

irishmeii291

Học sinh mới
Thành viên
26 Tháng bảy 2021
A. reincarnated
B. reiterated
C. rehabilitated
D. reciprocated

A. disembodied
B. discordant
C. dismissive
D. disconcerting

A. a constituency
B. a deviation
C. an arrhythmia
D. a quandary

A. goes light on
B. throws light to
C. makes light of
D. sheds light upon

A. compilation
B. retaliation
C. accumulation
D. incantation

A. innocuous
B. indehiscent
C. incendiary
D. insidious

A. blissfully
B. decorously
C. jubilantly
D. ecstatically

C. sitting on the fence
D. holding all the aces

A. play havoc on
B. break ground with
D. take their toll on

A. the man of the hour
B. a word of honor
C. an egg on the face
D. the top of the morning​

Top Bottom