English [ÔN CHUYÊN + HSG TỈNH] Luyện từ vựng và ngữ pháp nâng cao

minhtam8a2@gmail.com

Học sinh gương mẫu
Thành viên
12 Tháng hai 2016
Bình Định
THCS Ghềnh Ráng
Fill in each gap with one suitable preposition.
1. I’m sorry to butt _____, but did you happen to mention the name “Fiona”?
2. The entire staff was thrown _____ balance when the news of the takeover was announced.
3. The trekkers were bent _____ reaching the village by the afternoon.
4. We had to dispense _____ pages of legal jargon before we could sign the contract.
5. How did you ever get ____that policeman to let you park here?
6. The two countries met at the conference to iron _______ their differences.
7. He tried to paper _______ the country’s deep-seated problems
8. The party ended just as she arrived, much _______ her chagrin.
9. Linda chats so much, she could talk the hind leg _______ a donkey.
10. I’m going to put my head _______ for a while as I feel very tired.
Fill in each gap with one suitable preposition.
1. I’m sorry to butt in , but did you happen to mention the name “Fiona”?
2. The entire staff was thrown off balance when the news of the takeover was announced.
3. The trekkers were bent ___on__ reaching the village by the afternoon.
4. We had to dispense __with ___ pages of legal jargon before we could sign the contract.
5. How did you ever get __down__that policeman to let you park here?
6. The two countries met at the conference to iron ___out____ their differences.
7. He tried to paper __over_____ the country’s deep-seated problems
8. The party ended just as she arrived, much ____to?___ her chagrin.
9. Linda chats so much, she could talk the hind leg __off___ a donkey.
10. I’m going to put my head ___down____ for a while as I feel very tired.

minhtam8a2@gmail.com

Học sinh gương mẫu
Thành viên
12 Tháng hai 2016
Bình Định
THCS Ghềnh Ráng
BÀI TẬP NGÀY 29/9/2021: ERROR CORRECTION
There are 5 errors in the passage. Find and correct them. The first one has done as an example.
The ability to deceive (0) other => OTHERS is thought by some psychologists to be a character that has been genetically selected through human evolution. Comparisons have been made with animal deception, such as camouflage and mimicry. For hundreds of generations, it is arguing, the ability to make others believe insincere remarks and promises has conferred advantages in struggles to control resources and win mating partners. The less cunning have, quite simply, produced fewer offspring, and a talent for creating false impressions has dominated the human gene pool.

What the merits or shortcomings of this line of thinking, they are undoubtedly many occasions in everyday social encounters when people, for the reason or another, want to avoid expressing their true feelings. The ability to do these varies and success tends to breed success. Those which lie effectively will tend to lie more often, perfecting their social skills in the process.Those who fail are deterred from future attempts and get less practice. With lying, as with everything else, practice makes perfect.
The ability to deceive (0) other => OTHERS is thought by some psychologists to be a character that has been genetically selected through human evolution. Comparisons have been made with animal deception, such as camouflage and mimicry. For hundreds of generations, it is (1)arguing=>argued, the ability to make others believe insincere remarks and promises has conferred advantages in struggles to control resources and win mating partners. The less cunning have, quite simply, produced fewer offspring, and a talent for creating false impressions has dominated the human gene pool.

(2)What=>Whatever the merits or shortcomings of this line of thinking, (3)they=>there are undoubtedly many occasions in everyday social encounters when people, for (4)the=>one reason or another, want to avoid expressing their true feelings. The ability to do these varies and success tends to breed success. Those (5)which=>who lie effectively will tend to lie more often, perfecting their social skills in the process.Those who fail are deterred from future attempts and get less practice. With lying, as with everything else, practice makes perfect.

ng.htrang2004

Cựu Mod Anh
Thành viên
9 Tháng chín 2017
Hà Tĩnh
THPT chuyên Đại học Vinh - ViKClanha
BÀI TẬP NGÀY 1/10/2021: WORD FORMATION

Most snap (1 - JUDGE) ____________ about people are formed on the basis of their facial features. The eyes, regarded as clues to one’s true character, are said (2 - POETRY) ___________ to be the windows of the soul: closely positioned, they imply (3- SLY)__________; set wide apart they suggest (4- HONEST) ___________ and directness. Thin mouths are equated with meanness and full mouths with (5- SENSUAL) ___________. Unconsciously, we make such instant judgements and they are made about us.

There is no hiding place for the face. Always exposed and vulnerable, it (6- VOLUNTARY) ___________ expresses happiness, desire and joy, anger, fear, shame and (7- LOATHE) ___________. Precisely for that person, a masked face evokes fear and horror; once someone’s distinguishing (8- CHARACTER) _____________ are hidden, we cannot read or recognise the person and fear of the (9- KNOW) ___________ immediately arouses suspicions.

Các bạn có thể tham khảo thêm:
Cách Học Tiếng Anh Hiệu Quả Trong Năm Học Mới
SERI: [ÔN CHUYÊN + HSG TỈNH] Luyện từ vựng và ngữ pháp nâng cao
SERI: KINH NGHIỆM ÔN THI CHUYÊN ANH VÀ HSG CẤP TỈNH MÔN TIẾNG ANH

minhtam8a2@gmail.com

Học sinh gương mẫu
Thành viên
12 Tháng hai 2016
Bình Định
THCS Ghềnh Ráng
3. I am going for a walk in the park. Would you like to ________ me company?
A. follow
B. stay
C. yard
D. keep sb company: to stay with someone so the person is not alone
BÀI TẬP NGÀY 27/9/2021: LEXICO & GRAMMAR
1. I always take my lucky _________with me into an exam.
A. sign
B. item
C. charm
D. spell

2. I didn’t know my guess was going to be right – It was just __________
A. pot luck
B. odds
C. draw
D. gamble

3. I am going for a walk in the park. Would you like to ________ me company?
A. follow
B. stay
C. yard
D. keep sb company: to stay with someone so the person is not alone
@Nguyễn Võ Hà Trang, lộ đề rồi chị ơi =))

4. After three days in the desert, his mind began to play on him.
A. games
B. jokes
C. tricks
D. fun

5. We all have to follow the rules, and none of us is ________ the law.
A. beyond
B. over
C. above
D. onto

6. We are pleased to inform you that we have decided to _________your request for British citizenship.
A. give
B. grant
C. permit
D. donate

7. We can only _______ as to the causes of the disaster.
A. think
B. consider
C. speculate
D. ponder

8. I didn’t _________out to be a millionaire – I just wanted to run a successful business.
A. set
B. go
C. begin
D. watch

9. I’m not sure if I’m doing it right, but I’ll try to ___________ahead with it anyway.
A. drive
B. bang
C. touch
D. press

10. Could you lend me some money to _____________ me over to the end of the month?
A. hand
B. tide
C. get
D. make

minhtam8a2@gmail.com

Học sinh gương mẫu
Thành viên
12 Tháng hai 2016
Bình Định
THCS Ghềnh Ráng
BÀI TẬP NGÀY 1/10/2021: WORD FORMATION
Most snap JUDGEMENTS about people are formed on the basis of their facial features. The eyes, regarded as clues to one’s true character, are said POETICALLY to be the windows of the soul: closely positioned, they imply SLYNESS; set wide apart they suggest HONESTY and directness. Thin mouths are equated with meanness and full mouths with SENSUALITY. Unconsciously, we make such instant judgements and they are made about us.

There is no hiding place for the face. Always exposed and vulnerable, it INVOLUNTARILY expresses happiness, desire and joy, anger, fear, shame and LOATHING. Precisely for that person, a masked face evokes fear and horror; once someone’s distinguishing CHARACTERISTICS are hidden, we cannot read or recognise the person and fear of the UNKNOWN immediately arouses suspicions.

ng.htrang2004

Cựu Mod Anh
Thành viên
9 Tháng chín 2017
Hà Tĩnh
ĐÁP ÁN BÀI TẬP NGÀY 1/10/2021: WORD FORMATION

Most snap (1 - JUDGE) ______judgements______ about people are formed on the basis of their facial features. The eyes, regarded as clues to one’s true character, are said (2 - POETRY) _____poetically______ to be the windows of the soul: closely positioned, they imply (3- SLY) _____slyness_____; set wide apart they suggest (4- HONEST) ______honesty_____ and directness. Thin mouths are equated with meanness and full mouths with (5- SENSUAL) ______sensuality_____. Unconsciously, we make such instant judgements and they are made about us.

There is no hiding place for the face. Always exposed and vulnerable, it (6- VOLUNTARY) ______involuntarily_____ expresses happiness, desire and joy, anger, fear, shame and (7- LOATHE) ______loathing_____. Precisely for that person, a masked face evokes fear and horror; once someone’s distinguishing (8- CHARACTER) ______characteristics_______ are hidden, we cannot read or recognise the person and fear of the (9- KNOW) ______unknown_____ immediately arouses suspicions.

1. judgements
Ở đây cần một danh từ => Chia thành "judgements", thêm "s" vì động từ ở sau là "are"
snap judgement: sự đánh giá vội vàng.

2. poetically
Để bổ nghĩa cho một động từ thì cần 1 trạng từ.
poetically: một cách thi vị

3. slyness
Ở đây cần 1 danh từ (imply sth)
slyness: sự ranh mãnh

4. honesty
honesty: thật thà

5. sensuality
sensuality: the enjoyment or expression of physical pleasure

6. involuntarily
involuntarily: vô tình

7. loathing
loathing: a strong feeling of hating somebody/something

8. characteristics
characteristics: đặc điểm

9. unknown
Fear of the unknown là một hội chứng về tâm lý, được giải thích là "Fear of the unknown is the tendency to be afraid when you have no information on any level about something you face"

ng.htrang2004

Cựu Mod Anh
Thành viên
9 Tháng chín 2017
Hà Tĩnh
TỔNG KẾT TUẦN 8
Tuần này có vẻ ít bạn tham gia nhỉ ^^ Tuần này chỉ có duy nhất 1 bạn đáp ứng điều kiện để nhận thưởng HMCoin:

@minhtam8a2@gmail.com: Tham gia 3/3 nội dung - 600 HMCoin

Cảm ơn tất cả các bạn đã tham gia ^^ Chúc các bạn tuần mới học tập thật tốt.
Tổng hợp] Đề Thi HSG Tỉnh Lớp 9 - 10 - 11 - 12 Các Tỉnh

ng.htrang2004

Cựu Mod Anh
Thành viên
9 Tháng chín 2017
Hà Tĩnh
BÀI TẬP NGÀY 4/10/2021: LEXICO & GRAMMAR
Choose the best answer to complete the sentences. (10 pts)
1. There is a rumour that the National Bank is going to __ the company I am working for.
A. take on
B. take out of
C. take off
D. take over

2. It would be lovely if the children could see and, touch the animals.
A. eventually
B. if possible
C. at last
D. finally

3. __ he failed in the entrance exam caused his family much sadness.
A. Which
B. That
C. The thing
D. What

4. Unless you return money immediately, you will risk being charged __ theft and getting into serous trouble
A. on
B. with
C. of
D. for

5. The old woman came in, __ by a young man.
A. accompany
B. to be accompanied
C. accompanying
D. accompanied

6. I've applied for the job I saw __ in the newspaper last month.
A. advertised
B. advertising
C. be advertised
D. being advertised

7. No, I didn't know his number; __ I'd have phoned him.
A. otherwise
B. so
C. therefore
D. unless

8. __ the two sisters, Mary is __
A. Of/ the prettier
B. Between/ the prettiest
C. Of/ prettier
D. Between/ the prettier

9. A: Do you think it will rain tonight? 8: __ . I am attending the evening class.
A. I don't hope so
B. I hope so
C. I hope not
D. I am not hoping

10. Ninety __ the maximum length of time allowed for entrance exams to this school.
A. minute is
B. minutes are
C. minute are
D. minutes is

Reactions: Thiên Thuận

ng.htrang2004

Cựu Mod Anh
Thành viên
9 Tháng chín 2017
Hà Tĩnh
ĐÁP ÁN BÀI TẬP NGÀY 4/10/2021: LEXICO & GRAMMAR
Choose the best answer to complete the sentences. (10 pts)
1. There is a rumour that the National Bank is going to __ the company I am working for.
A. take on
B. take out of
C. take off
D. take over: to begin to have control of something

2. It would be lovely if the children could see and, ________, touch the animals.
A. eventually
B. if possible: nếu có thể
C. at last
D. finally

3. __ he failed in the entrance exam caused his family much sadness.
A. Which
B. That
C. The thing
D. What
Kiến thức về mệnh đề danh ngữ

4. Unless you return money immediately, you will risk being charged __ theft and getting into serous trouble
A. on
B. with
C. of
D. for

charge somebody (with something/with doing something): (formal) to accuse someone publicly of doing something wrong or bad

5. The old woman came in, __ by a young man.
A. accompany
B. to be accompanied
C. accompanying
D. accompanied by: đi cùng với, đi kèm với

6. I've applied for the job I saw __ in the newspaper last month.
A. advertised
B. advertising
C. be advertised
D. being advertised

Mệnh đề quan hệ rút gọn. Câu mệnh đề quan hệ đầy đủ: I've applied for the job I saw that was advertised in the newspaper last month.

7. No, I didn't know his number; __ I'd have phoned him.
A. otherwise = if not
B. so
C. therefore
D. unless

8. __ the two sisters, Mary is __
A. Of/ the prettier
B. Between/ the prettiest
C. Of/ prettier
D. Between/ the prettier

Kiến thức về câu so sánh. Giữa 2 người thì luôn luôn là so sánh hơn.

9. A: Do you think it will rain tonight? 8: __ . I am attending the evening class.
A. I don't hope so
B. I hope so
C. I hope not
D. I am not hoping

Cái này thuộc về spoken language nên các bạn cần đọc nhiều và làm nhiều thì sẽ nhớ

10. Ninety __ the maximum length of time allowed for entrance exams to this school.
A. minute is
B. minutes are
C. minute are
D. minutes is
Đối với các từ chỉ lượng thời gian, tiền bạc, đường đi, ... dù chủ ngữ là số nhiều (2 dollars, 3 metres, ...) thì động từ đi sau chia theo chủ ngữ là số ít.

ng.htrang2004

Cựu Mod Anh
Thành viên
9 Tháng chín 2017
Hà Tĩnh
BÀI TẬP NGÀY 6/10/2021: WORD FORMATION
Antonio Vivaldi, an Italian composer and a violinist, was the most (98) __ (INFLUENCE) of his age. He was born March 4, 1678, in Venice, and was trained by his·father, a violinist at Sa Mark's Cathedral. (99) __ (ORDAIN) a priest in 1703, Vivaldi began teaching that year at the Ospedale della Pieta, a (100) __ (CONSERVE) for orphaned girls. He was associated with the Pieta, usually as music (101) __ (DIRECT), until 1740, training the students, composing concertos and oratorios for (102) __ (WEEK) concerts, and meanwhile establishing an international reputation. From 1713 on, Vivaldi was also (103) __ (ACT) as an opera composer and producer in Venice and traveled to Rome, Mantua, and (104) __ (ELSE) to oversee performances of his operas. In about 1740 he accepted a position at the court of Empire Charles VI in Vienna. He died in Vienna on July 28, 1741. Vivaldi's concertos provided a model for this genre throughout Europe, affecting the style even of his older contemporaries. Vivaldi was the first composer who (105) __ (CONSISTENT) used the ritornello form that became standard for the fast movements of concertos. The ritornello was a section that recurred in (106) __ (DIFFER) keys and was played by the full orcheStra. It alternated with soloist-dominated sections (episodes) that in his works were often virtuosic in character. He virtually established the three-movement format for the concerto and was among the first to introduce cadenzas for soloists. His opus 8 concertos entitled The Four Seasons are early examples of (107) __ (ORCHESTRA) program music. Like much of his music, they are marked by vigorous rhythms and strong contrasts.

ng.htrang2004

Cựu Mod Anh
Thành viên
9 Tháng chín 2017
Hà Tĩnh
BÀI TẬP NGÀY 6/10/2021: WORD FORMATION
Antonio Vivaldi, an Italian composer and a violinist, was the most (1) influential (INFLUENCE) of his age. He was born March 4, 1678, in Venice, and was trained by his·father, a violinist at Sa Mark's Cathedral. (2) ordained (ORDAIN) a priest in 1703, Vivaldi began teaching that year at the Ospedale della Pieta, a (3) conservatory (CONSERVE) for orphaned girls. He was associated with the Pieta, usually as music (4) director (DIRECT), until 1740, training the students, composing concertos and oratorios for (5) weekly (WEEK) concerts, and meanwhile establishing an international reputation. From 1713 on, Vivaldi was also (6) active (ACT) as an opera composer and producer in Venice and traveled to Rome, Mantua, and (7) elsewhere (ELSE) to oversee performances of his operas. In about 1740 he accepted a position at the court of Empire Charles VI in Vienna. He died in Vienna on July 28, 1741. Vivaldi's concertos provided a model for this genre throughout Europe, affecting the style even of his older contemporaries. Vivaldi was the first composer who (8) consistently (CONSISTENT) used the ritornello form that became standard for the fast movements of concertos. The ritornello was a section that recurred in (9) different (DIFFER) keys and was played by the full orcheStra. It alternated with soloist-dominated sections (episodes) that in his works were often virtuosic in character. He virtually established the three-movement format for the concerto and was among the first to introduce cadenzas for soloists. His opus 8 concertos entitled The Four Seasons are early examples of (10) orchestral (ORCHESTRA) program music. Like much of his music, they are marked by vigorous rhythms and strong contrasts.

(1) influential: having a lot of influence on someone or something

(2) ordained: to officially make someone a priest or other religious leader, in a religious ceremony (phong chức, thăng chức)

(3) conservatory: a school for the teaching of music or sometimes acting or art (trường nhạc)

(4) director - music director: giám đốc âm nhạc

(5) weekly: hàng tuần

(6) active: hoạt động

(7) elsewhere: bất kì một nơi nào khác

(8) consistently: một cách nhất quán

(9) different: khác

(10) orchestral: connected with or involving an orchestra (thuộc về dàn nhạc giao hưởng)

ng.htrang2004

Cựu Mod Anh
Thành viên
9 Tháng chín 2017
Hà Tĩnh
BÀI TẬP NGÀY 8/10/2021: SENTENCE TRANSFORMATION
1. Susan said that she didn't want to go out that evening. (RATHER)
--> Susan said that ........................................... out that evening.
2. When was the last time you saw Robert? (LONG)
--> How ............................................ you last saw Robert?
3. Would you like to see the photos I took? (HA VE)
--> Would you like ............................................ the photos I took?
4. They share a lot of hobbies and interests. (COMMON)
--> They have a lot of ............................................... .
5. I daren't turn on the television because the baby might wake up. (FEAR)
--> I daren't turn on the television ............................. the baby up.

ng.htrang2004

Cựu Mod Anh
Thành viên
9 Tháng chín 2017
Hà Tĩnh
ĐÁP ÁN BÀI TẬP NGÀY 8/10/2021: SENTENCE TRANSFORMATION
1. Susan said that she didn't want to go out that evening. (RATHER)
--> Susan said that she'd rather not go out that evening.
Cấu trúc liên quan đến would rather, would prefer

2. When was the last time you saw Robert? (LONG)
--> How long is it/ has it been since you last saw Robert?
Cấu trúc hỏi về khoảng thời gian, viết lại câu từ thì quá khứ sang hiện tại hoàn thành

3. Would you like to see the photos I took? (HAVE)
--> Would you like to have a look at the photos I took?
have a look at = see

4. They share a lot of hobbies and interests. (COMMON)
--> They have a lot of hobbies and interests in common.
have sth in common: tương đồng

5. I daren't turn on the television because the baby might wake up. (FEAR)
--> I daren't turn on the television for fear of waking the baby up.
for fear of: so as not to

Top Bottom