English THPT [THPT] Từ Vựng Nâng Cao

Minh Nhí

Cựu Mod Tiếng Anh|Cựu Phó nhóm Tiếng Anh
Thành viên
Trưởng nhóm xuất sắc nhất 2017
18 Tháng mười một 2013
ĐÁP ÁN- EXERCISE 56
Question 114: If you want a car with an automatic gear box, this particular___________ will suit you well.
A. sample
B. model
C. produce
D. stock
Nếu bạn muốn 1 chiếc ô tô có hộp số tự động, mẫu xe đặc biệt này sẽ rất phù hợp với bạn

Question 115: After hours of bargaining with the salesman, Jake bought the jacket for a ___________ of the original price.
A. fraction
B. piece
C. part
D. spot
Sau nhiều giờ mặc cả với người bán, Jake đã mua được chiếc áo khoác bằng một phần rất nhỏ của giá gốc.

Minh Nhí

Thành viên
18 Tháng mười một 2013
EXERCISE 57
Question 116: I forgot this is a non-smoking area. There is no place for me to put my cigarette_____________ .
A. butt
B. leftovers
C. stick
D. remains

Question 117: That’s the trouble with the night shift. It _______________ your private life too much.
A. breaks in
B. breaks into
C. breaks through
D. breaks up

Duy Phúc

Học sinh chăm học
Thành viên
15 Tháng mười một 2021
Đồng Nai

EXERCISE 57
Question 116: I forgot this is a non-smoking area. There is no place for me to put my cigarette_____________ .
A. butt
B. leftovers
C. stick
D. remains

Question 117: That’s the trouble with the night shift. It _______________ your private life too much.
A. breaks in

B. breaks into
C. breaks through
D. breaks up

Minh Nhí

Thành viên
18 Tháng mười một 2013
EXERCISE 58
Question 1: St Nicholas' Church has been granted more than £130,000 by English Heritage to repair the______________ building.
A. Weather-beaten
B. Contemporary
C. Under the weather
D. Chic

Question 2: I know that someone who has great natural shape but is ___________ won't beat someone with a lesser shape who is in condition.
A. out of reach
B. out of the question
C. out of the ordinary
D. out of the condition

Minh Nhí

Thành viên
18 Tháng mười một 2013
ĐÁP ÁN - EXERCISE 58
Question 1: St Nicholas' Church has been granted more than £130,000 by English Heritage to repair the______________ building.
A. Weather-beaten
B. Contemporary
C. Under the weather
D. Chic
WEATHER-BEATEN = Something such as skin or a building material that is weather-beaten has been changed or damaged by the weather (bị hao mòn do thời tiết)

Question 2: I know that someone who has great natural shape but is ___________ won't beat someone with a lesser shape who is in condition.
A. out of reach
B. out of the question
C. out of the ordinary
D. out of the condition
OUT OF THE CONDITION = not healthy or fit (không khoẻ mạnh)

• Love
Reactions: AeRa4869

Minh Nhí

Thành viên
18 Tháng mười một 2013
EXERCISE 59
Question 3: Even though Nestlé is a globally recognized ___________name, Nestlé products only account for a little more than 2% of packaged food and beverages sold around the world.
A. notorious
B. household
C. double-barreled
D. strange-sounding

Question 4: According to reports, choosing a winner from the final three______________ was a hard task.
A. participants
B. contestants
C. applicants
D. partakers

Minh Nhí

Thành viên
18 Tháng mười một 2013
ĐÁP ÁN- EXERCISE 59
Question 3: Even though Nestlé is a globally recognized ___________name, Nestlé products only account for a little more than 2% of packaged food and beverages sold around the world.
A. notorious
B. household
C. double-barreled
D. strange-sounding
HOUSEHOLD NAME = a person, thing or name that has become very well known (nổi tiếng)

Question 4: According to reports, choosing a winner from the final three______________ was a hard task.
A. participants
B. contestants
C. applicants
D. partakers
CONSTESTANT= a person who takes part in a contest or competition thí sinh)

Reactions: VânHà.D

Minh Nhí

Thành viên
18 Tháng mười một 2013
EXERCISE 60
Question 5: They were weary of working twelve hour days, seven days a week for subsistence ______________ .
A. wages
B. cashes
C. costs
D. salaries

Question 6: On a ______________ of 1 to 10, in these subtropical desert regions the risk of desertification is 7.6 according to the study.
A. rate
B. scale
C. grade
D. rank

Vinhtrong2601

Học sinh gương mẫu
Thành viên
4 Tháng bảy 2021
Long An
Trường THCS Thị Trấn Đông Thành
EXERCISE 60
Question 5
: They were weary of working twelve hour days, seven days a week for subsistence ______________ .
A. wages
B. cashes
C. costs
D. salaries

Question 6: On a ______________ of 1 to 10, in these subtropical desert regions the risk of desertification is 7.6 according to the study.
A. rate
B. scale
C. grade
D. rank

iwasyourfriend

Học sinh gương mẫu
Thành viên
2 Tháng mười 2021
Long An
Question 5: They were weary of working twelve hour days, seven days a week for subsistence ______________ .
A. wages
B. cashes
C. costs
D. salaries

A. rate
B. scale
C. grade
D. rank

Minh Nhí

Thành viên
18 Tháng mười một 2013
ĐÁP ÁN- EXERCISE 60
A. wages
B. cashes
C. costs
D. salaries
WAGE = an amount of money that is paid to an employee, esp. for each hour worked (thù lao)

A. rate
B. scale
C. grade
D. rank
ON A SCALE OF = used with a range of numbers to show the size, strength, or quality of something

Minh Nhí

Thành viên
18 Tháng mười một 2013
EXERCISE 61

Question 7: I've tried to talk my parents into buying me a new smartphone but they just seem to____________and ignore me.
A. laugh it off
B. call it off
C. turn it down
D. speak it out

Question 8: Why do we spend so much on things that give us tiny increases in comfort of_____________so many other people.
A. at the expense
B. at the price
C. at all cost
D. into the bargain

AlexisBorjanov

Học sinh chăm học
Thành viên
23 Tháng tư 2020
Hà Nội
Earth
EXERCISE 61

Question 7: I've tried to talk my parents into buying me a new smartphone but they just seem to____________and ignore me.
A. laugh it off
B. call it off
C. turn it down
D. speak it out

Question 8: Why do we spend so much on things that give us tiny increases in comfort of_____________so many other people.
A. at the expense
B. at the price
C. at all cost
D. into the bargain
A. laugh it off
B.
call it off
C. turn it down
D. speak it out

A. at the expense
B. at the price
C. at all cost
D. into the bargain

Note: Hình như câu 8 là "at the expense of'' ạ.

Reactions: Minh Nhí

Minh Nhí

Thành viên
18 Tháng mười một 2013
ĐÁP ÁN - EXERCISE 61

A. laugh it off
B. call it off
C. turn it down
D. speak it out
LAUGH STH OFF = to make yourself laugh about something unpleasant in order to make it seem less important or serious ( cười cho qua)
Tôi đã cố gắng thuyết phục bố mẹ mua cho một chiếc điện thoại thông minh mới nhưng mà họ chỉ cười cho qua và mặc kệ tôi.

A. at the expense
B. at the price
C. at all cost
D. into the bargain
AT THE EXPENSE OF= If you do one thing at the expense of another, doing the first thing harms the second thing ( trả giá)
Tại sao chúng lại dành quá nhiều cho những thứ nhỏ nhặt không đem lại cho ta mấy sự thoải mái bằng việc hi sinh thật nhiều người khác.

Minh Nhí

Thành viên
18 Tháng mười một 2013
EXERCISE 62

Question 9: There are lots of other situations in life when it is vital to be able to make _____________promises.
A. creditable
B. credible
C. credential
D. credulous

Question 10: Administration will start by improving the executive-legislature relationship so as to set a good__________for members of the public
A. model
B. guidance
C. form
D. pattern

Minh Nhí

Thành viên
18 Tháng mười một 2013
ĐÁP ÁN- EXERCISE 62

Question 9: There are lots of other situations in life when it is vital to be able to make _____________promises.
A. creditable
B. credible
C. credential
D. credulous
CREDIBLE = that can be believed or trusted (đáng tin cậy)
Có rất nhiều những tình huống khác nhau trong cuộc sống khi việc có khả năng đưa ra lởi hứa là rất quan trọng.

Question 10: Administration will start by improving the executive-legislature relationship so as to set a good__________for members of the public
A. model
B. guidance
C. form
D. pattern
MODEL = something such as a text or a system that can be used as an example for other people to copy (mẫu)
Quản trị sẽ bắt đầu bằng việc cải tiến mối quan hệ điều hành - lập phápđể làm tấm gương tốt cho các thành viên của cộng đồng.

Minh Nhí

Thành viên
18 Tháng mười một 2013
EXERCISE 63
Question 11: It was ___________ easy for him to learn baseball because he had been a cricket player.
A. purposefully
B. exceedingly
C. relatively
D. normally

Question 12: It’s a secret. Try not to let the cat out of the ______________ .
A. hat
B. bag
C. shirt
D. cage

Reactions: Bảo Linh _Vũ

Minh Nhí

Thành viên
18 Tháng mười một 2013
ĐÁP ÁN- EXERCISE 63
Question 11: It was ___________ easy for him to learn baseball because he had been a cricket player.
A. purposefully
B. exceedingly
C. relatively
D. normally
RELATIVELY = to a fairly large degree, especially in comparison to something else ( khá, tương đối)
Thật là khá dễ dàng cho anh ta để học bóng chày vì anh ta đã từng là một cầu thủ bóng gậy.

Question 12: It’s a secret. Try not to let the cat out of the ______________ .
A. hat
B. bag
C. shirt
D. cage
LET THE CAT OUT OF THE BAG = allow a secret to be known, usually without intending to ( để lộ)

Minh Nhí

Thành viên
18 Tháng mười một 2013
EXERCISE 64
Question 13: Larry was so _______________in his novel that he forgot about his dinner cooking in the oven.
A. absorbed
B. attracted
C. drawn
D. obliged

Question 14. People should______________green lifestyle to help conserve the natural resources.
A. adopt
B. adapt
C. adjoin
D. adjust

Minh Nhí

Thành viên
18 Tháng mười một 2013
ĐÁP ÁN EXERCISE 64

Question 13: Larry was so _______________in his novel that he forgot about his dinner cooking in the oven.
A. absorbed
B. attracted
C. drawn
D. obliged
BE ABSORBED IN = very interested in something and not paying attention to anything else
Larry mải mê với cuốn tiểu thuyết của mình đến nỗi quên mất việc bữa tối của anh đang nấu trong lò nướng.

Question 14. People should______________green lifestyle to help conserve the natural resources.
A. adopt
B. adapt
C. adjoin
D. adjust
ADOPT = to start to use a particular method or to show a particular attitude towards somebody/something
Chúng ta nên bắt đầu thực hiện lối sống xanh để giúp bảo vệ các nguồn tài nguyên thiên nhiên.

Reactions: S I M O
Top Bottom