[TA-Đề thi] Đề luyện thi đại học môn Tiếng Anh

H

hocmai.tienganh

[TẶNG BẠN] TRỌN BỘ Bí kíp học tốt 08 môn
Chắc suất Đại học top - Giữ chỗ ngay!!

ĐĂNG BÀI NGAY để cùng trao đổi với các thành viên siêu nhiệt tình & dễ thương trên diễn đàn.

Như tên của topic đề cập, topic này sẽ là nơi các mem muốn thử sức với đề thi Đại học vào luyện tập và "thể hiện" không kể già trẻ, gái trai, sắp thi, đã thi, còn lâu mới thi hay thi lâu lắm rồi. Muốn là được! Tâm huyết là OK.

Bên cạnh các đề thi bám sát cấu trúc của Bộ GD-ĐT, topic sẽ cũng cấp đáp án, giải đáp toàn bộ thắc mắc của các bạn về kiến thức, từ vựng, cấu trúc ...

Đề thi được đưa lên vào thứ 2 của tuần thứ nhất, đáp án đưa vào thứ 7 của tuần đó và một tuần tiếp sau (tuần 2) dùng để giải đáp toàn bộ thắc mắc của các mem. Tuần 3 sẽ lại tiếp tục với một đề mới.

Để thời gian dài như vậy để tất cả các mem đều có cơ hội làm bài, gửi thắc mắc...

Các em lưu ý: Do bài rất dài nên các em chỉ đưa đáp án ở dạng: 1. A; 2. B; 3.C ... để tránh phải sang bài thứ 2, 3, 4 gây khó khăn trong việc chấm bài và theo dõi nhé. Chúng ta chỉ copy lại đề bài khi có thắc mắc hoặc giải đáp thắc mắc.

Đối với các mem vip, t-mods, mod, các thành viên có tâm huyết muốn gửi đề, trước tiên hãy gửi tin nhắn đề thi cho hocmai.tienganh trước để kiểm tra về chính tả, nội dung ... với mong muốn đưa đến cho thành viên đề thi được chuẩn bị tốt nhất có thể.

Như đã nói ở trên, đây là topic học tập dành cho tất cả các thành viên có mong muốn được học, luyện tập và nâng cao kiến thức của mình, chuẩn bị một hành trang cần thiết cho kì thi Đại học cũng như các kì thi liên quan đến Tiếng Anh khác. NGHIÊM CẤM mọi hình thức spam, bài viết cụt lủn, kém chất lượng. Tất cả các trường hợp vi phạm sẽ bị xóa thẳng tay và ban nick nếu còn tái phạm.

Have a nice time with diendan.hocmai.vn!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: LươngSơnBạc.
H

hocmai.tienganh

:khi (176):LET'S START!:khi (157):

Đề số 01.

Question 1-5. Mark the letter A, B, C or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word that differs from the rest in the position of the main stress in each of the following questions.

1. A. activity B. initiate C. society D. delicacy
2. A. business B. company C. compensate D. compartment
3. A. famine B. result C. hunger D. solid
4. A. advantage B. potential C. destruction D. colony
5. A. animal B. essential C. manual D. spectacle

Question 6-35. Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the correct option to fill each blank.

6. Pierre speaks English so well and so ___________.
A. Lucille B. speaks Lucille C. Lucille does D. does Lucille
7. Either of the men ____________ off duty.
A. are B. were C. have been D. is
8. Those men are paid by ___________.
A. the hour B. an hour C. every hour D. hour
9. ___________patient, and you will succeeD.
A. to be B. be C. are D. being
10. Susan comes here by bus, does not she?
A. Yes, she does. B. No, she does not
C. Yes, she will D. No, she won’t
11. You do it your own way ______________ I’ll do it mine.
A. Although B. so C. and D. even
12. Always _____________ honest in whatever you do.
A. to be B. should be C. are D. be
13.____________ at the corner, a brick fell on his heaD.
A. Turning B. When he turned
C. having turned D. he turned
14. The train will leave Pennsylvania Station ___________ twelve minutes.
A. in B. for C. at D. through
15. I bought ____________ yesterday.
A. a trouser B. a pair of trousers C. a trousers D. the trouser
16. The Greek islands are very __________ with tourists in the summer.
A. keen B. suited C. popular D. appealing
17. The school _____________ students with the materials they need for artwork classes so you do not need to buy anything.
A. provides B. gives C. points D. indicates
18. The discovery of the steam engine was certainly a major _________ in science in the eighteenth century.
A. approach B. breakthrough C. expectation D. outbreak
19. The doctor told us he’d have to stay in hospital longer because of unexpected ________.
A. aspects B. factors C. justifications D. complications
20. This video ___________ how you can record CDs using your PC.
A. samples B. surveys C. determines D. demonstrates
21. I am looking for the ___________ to open the wine. Have you seen it anywhere?
A. corkscrew B. screwdriver C. spanner D. lever
22. Walt Disney Productions has made some of the best __________ films in the history of cinema.
A. motive B. animated C. active D. amateur
23. The old airport will be ___________ to a huge park and a playing field.
A. converted B. convicted C. complemented D. turned
24. The government issued a statement __________ the use of drugs in sports.
A. convicting B. complaining C. condemning D. sentencing
25. You can increase your body’s ___________ to colds and flu by drinking plenty of fresh organ juice, which is a great source of Vitamin C.
A. firmness B. intake C. resistance D. restriction
26. Despite knowing that it was a bad thing to do, Sam felt a strong __________ to steal the money.
A. obsession B. compulsion C. exaggeration D. outlet
27. The police kept the suspect under __________ twenty-four hours a day as they were afraid he would try to leave the country.
A. observation B. treatment C. resistance D. obsession
28. British Rail apologizes for the delay to this service, which is ___________ to the breakdown of another train on the railway line ahead.
A. resulted B. owed C. because D. due
29. I cannot give you an answer on the __________ I will have to think about it for a few days.
A. place B. minute C. bet D. spot
30. It's difficult trying to work while you are traveling. Why do not you try buying a laptop- that might do the ___________?
A. game B. trick C. spot D. play
31. I am afraid I am addicted __________ coffee. I cannot wake up nor work without it.
A. on B. in C. for D. to
32. In the ___________ of recent research, you should wear sun-cream on your face even in winter.
A. shadow B. light C. show D. proof
33. My __________ reaction to his letter was to phone him and complain, but in the end I decided not to.
A. innate B. direct C. obvious D. initial
34. I am afraid you will have to make a decision at once. We have no time to _________.
A. save B. spare C. draw D. adjust
35. It took my sister some time to get used to living on an island, but __________ she began to like it.
A. initially B. instantly C. eventually D. constantly

Question 36 - 45. Read the following passage and mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the best option for each of the blanks.

When Hotmail was (36) ____________ up in 1996, it was not huge success that it is today. But on every e-mail sent (37) ___________ Hotmail, there was a tine at the bottom saying, ‘Get your private, free e-mail at hotmail.com’, providing them with a free advertisement. This simple idea soon paid (38) __________ and Hotmail went from strength to power ICQ, which (39) ____________ for ‘I seek you’, an instant messaging service that (40) _____________ off in a similar way and made a (41) ___________. The popularity of ICQ spread because users recommended is to their friends so that they could have people to chat to online. The vast majority of Internet users tried it and it was eventual taken (42) ____________by Netscape so as to control their competition. These are example of what is known as “viral” communication – so called because the message spreads like a virus. It used to be (43) __________ that Roll Royce never needed to advertise – despite (44) ____________high cost of the luxury cars – because owners were more than happy to tell their friends and neighbors how satisfied they were. Nowadays, if you are (45) ____________ to the Internet, the word can be spread in half a second and, within a day; you might have indirectly communicated with millions of people.

36. A. established B. laid C. set D. begun
37. A. into B. along C. inside D. via
38. A. up B. back C. off D. for
39. A. pounds B. represents C. looks D. stands
40. A. let B. set C. took D. gave
41. A. fortune B. treasure C. wealth D. prosperity
42. A. round B. down C. under D. over
43. A. repeated B. spoken C. explained D. said
44. A. very B. its C. the D. a
45. A. associated B. joined C. connected D. downloaded

H

hocmai.tienganh

Question 46 - 55. Read the following passage and mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the best answer to each of the following questions.

The atmosphere of Venus is quite different from ours. Measurements taken from the Earth show a high concentration of carton dioxide in the atmosphere of Venus. In fact, carbon dioxide makes up 96 percent of Venus’ atmosphere; nitrogen makes up almost all the rest. The Earth’s atmosphere, by comparison, is mainly nitrogen, with a fair amount of oxygen as well. Carbon dioxide makes up less than 0.1 percent of the terrestrial atmosphere.
The surface pressure of Venus’ atmosphere is 90 times higher than the pressure of the Earth’s atmosphere, as a result of the large amount of carbon dioxide in the former. Throughout Earth’s history, carbon dioxide on Earth has mixed with rain to dissolve rocks; the dissolved rock and carbon dioxide eventually flow into oceans, where they precipitate to form new terrestrial rocks, often with the help of life-forms. If this carbon dioxide were released from the Earth’s rocks, along with lower carbon dioxide trapped in seawater, our atmosphere would become as dense and have as high a pressure as that of Venus. Venus, slightly closer to the Sun than Earth and thus hotter, had no oceans in which carbon dioxide could dissolve or life to help take up the carbon.
Also, Venus has probable lost almost all the water it ever had. Since Venus is closer to the Sun than Earth is, its lower atmosphere was hotter even early on. The result was that more water vapor went into its upper atmosphere, where solar ultraviolet rays broke in up into hydrogen and oxygen. The hydrogen, a light gas, escaped easily; the oxygen has combined with other gasses or with iron on Venus’ surface.
Studies from the Earth show that the clouds on Venus are primarily composed of droplets of sulfuric acid, with water droplets mixed in. Sulfuric acid may sound strange as a cloud constituent, but the Earth too has a significant layer of sulfuric acid droplets in its stratosphere. However, the water in the lower layers of the Earth’s atmosphere, circulating because of weather, washes the sulfur compounds out of these layers, whereas Venus has sulfur compounds in the lower layers of its atmosphere in addition to those in its clouds.

46. What does the passage mainly discuss?
A. Atmospheric differences between Venus and Earth.
B. How Venus lost the water it once had.
C. The influence of the Sun on Venus.
D. A comparison between the upper and the lower atmosphere on Venus.
47. In terms of their amount in the atmosphere, what is the proportion of carbon dioxide on Earth and on Venus?
A. Almost 1000.
B. Almost 100.
C. Almost 1/3.
D. Almost 90.
48. What are the gases that Venus’s atmosphere mostly consists of?
A. Carbon dioxide, nitrogen, and oxygen.
B. Carbon dioxide and oxygen.
C. Nitrogen, oxygen, and hydrogen.
D. Carbon dioxide and nitrogen.
49. What can possibly be the reason that there is so much carbon dioxide in Venus’ atmosphere?
A. There is no oxygen.
B. The temperatures are too high.
C. There is no water and life on Venus.
D. There is no oxygen and water on Venus.
50. What may be the explanation of low air pressure on earth?
A. Oxygen readily available.
B. Water evaporating.
C. Carbon dioxide dissolved in water.
D. Precipitation.
51. According to the passage, what causes Venus’ surface pressure?
A. Dissolving rocks.
B. Frequent heavy rain.
C. Its distance from the Sun.
D. The composition of its atmosphere.
52. What is the writer’s purpose with the sentence “If this carbon dioxide were released from the Earth’s rocks,...”?
A. To present a situation that is contrary to fact.
B. To convince readers that a certain process in harmless.
C. To describe an event that took place long ago.
D. To explain what is likely to happen in the future.
53. What may cause the disappearance of the water on Venus?
A. The prevalent amount of carbon dioxide
B. High temperature and the Sun’s ultraviolet rays
C. High temperature and low surface pressure
D. High surface pressure and low temperature.
54. According to the passage, which of the following has resulted from processes involving Earth’s carbon dioxide?
A. A steady increase in the density of Earth’s atmosphere.
B. An increase rate at which rock dissolves.
C. The accumulation of carbon dioxide in Earth’s rock.
D. The expansion of Earth’s oceans.
55. According to the passage, what happened to oxygen on Venus?
A. Most of it was absorbed into rocks.
B. It was released from water and then combined with other substances.
C. It chemically combined with hydrogen from atmospheric water.
D. It has been slowly replacing carbon dioxide in Venus’ upper atmosphere.

Question 56 - 65. Read the following passage and mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the best answer to each of the following questions.

Color in textiles is produced by dyeing, by printing, or by painting. Until the nineteenth century, all dyes were derived from vegetable or, more rarely, animal or mineral sources. Since madder plants could be grown practically everywhere, the roots of some species of the madder plant family were used from the earliest period to produce a whole range of reds. Red animal dyes, derived from certain species of scale insects, were also highly value from ancient times through the Middle Ages. Blues were obtained from woad, a plant common in Europe and also used in the Near East from the beginning of the Christian era Before the first, nonfading “solid” green was invented in early nineteenth century, greens were achieved by the overdyeing or overprinting of yellow and blue. However, yellow dyes, whether from weld or some other plant sources such as saffron or turmeric, invariably fade or disappear. This accounts for the bluish tinge of what were once bright greens in, for example, women tapestry.
The range of natural colors was hugely expanded and, indeed, superseded by the chemical dyes developed during the eighteen hundreds. By 1900, a complete range of synthetic colors had been evolved, many of which reached a standard of resistance to fading from exposure to light and to washing that greatly exceeded that of natural dyestuffs. Since then, petroleum industry has added many new chemicals, and from these, other types of dyestuffs have been developed. Much of the research in dyes was stimulated by the peculiarities of some of the new synthetic fibers- Acetate rayon, for example, seemed at first to have no affinity for dyes and a new range of dyes had to be developed; nylon and Terylene presented similar problems.
The printing of textiles has involved a number of distinct methods. With the exception of printing patterns directly onto the cloth, whether by block, roller, or screen, all of these are based on dyeing; that is, immersion of the fabric in a dye bath.

56. The passage mainly discusses the __________ .
A. Development of synthetic colors for textiles during the nineteenth century
B. Advantages of chemical dyes over dyes derived from plants and animals
C. Differences between dyeing textiles and printing items
D. History of the use of natural and chemical dyes to color textiles
57. According to the passage, what was the source of most textile dyes that were used before the nineteenth century?
A. Animals.
B. Minerals.
C. Plants.
D. Chemicals.
58. What was the advantage of using madder plants for different shades of red?
A. It was possible to cultivate madder plants in almost every location.
B. Madder plants produced brighter colors than other plant sources.
C. Plant sources produced more lasting colors than other plant sources.
D. Dyes derived from the madder plants were easier to work with than other dyes.
59. One disadvantage of green dyes before the nineteenth century was ___________.
A. The yellow dyes were expensive
B. They lost their original color
C. The blue dyes involved lost their color
D. The final color varied
60. The green areas in women tapestries developed a bluish tinge because ___________.
A. A darker color, like blue, dominates a light color, like yellow
B. Light changed some of the green dye used in the tapestries to blue
C. The yellow dye that was used in the tapestries had faded
D. The dyes used to color woven tapestries were made from minerals
61. Red dyes came mostly from ___________.
A. animals
B. plants and insects
C. indigo
D. minerals
62. How did chemical dyes compare to natural dyes?
A. The chemical dyes had less attractive colors.
B. The chemical dyes were less easy to use.
C. The chemical dyes lost their brightness more quickly when exposed to light.
D. The chemical dyes held up better after washing.
63. The chemical dyes keep color because they are less prone to _____________.
A. sunshine
B. wind
C. restriction
D. wear
64. According to the passage, what problem led to the development of the new dyes after 1900?
A. Previously developed dyes did not work on new types of fibers
B. Dyes derived from petroleum caused damage to new synthetic fibers
C. New synthetic fibers lost required brighter colors than natural fibers did.
D. New fabrics easily lost their colors when washed.
65. What does the author mean by “block, roller, or screen”?
A. To give examples of textile printing techniques that are based on dyeing.
B. To argue that all methods printing patterns onto textiles involve dyeing.
C. To emphasize the variety of special tools used the process of dyeing textiles.
D. To give examples of textile printing techniques that do not involve dyeing.

Question 66-70. Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to show the underlined part that needs correction.

66. Lunar eclipses happen only if the Moon is full, but they do not occur at an every full Moon.
67. A dancing is the oldest and liveliest of the arts.
68. Scientists are still uncertain of what the universe originated millions of years.
69. I would have gone with him to Washington except I had had no time.
70. He looked like he had been in some strange land where age advanced at a double pace.

H

hocmai.tienganh

Question 71-74. Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the sentence that has the same meaning as the original one.

71. Someone has to pick the visitors up from the airport.

A. The visitors have to be picked up from the airport.
B. Someone has to see the visitors off from the airport.
C. The visitors have to be seen off at the airport.
D. The visitors came here by plane.
72. Somebody accused me of stealing money.
A. I was accused by somebody of stealing money.
B. I was accused for stealing money by somebody.
C. I was accused of stealing money by somebody.
D. I was accused stealing money.
73. His speech was so boring that everyone got up and left
A. He got up and left because everyone was talking.
B. No one stayed to listen to him because his speech was so boring.
C. Everyone stood up so that they could hear his speech.
D. His speech was interesting enough for people to listen.
74. It is necessary to have your car washed.
A. Your car needs washing.
B. You have to wash you car.
C. You should wash your car.
D. Your car needs to wash.

Question 75-80. Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the best sentence built from the given words or phrases.

75. This video film/ so interesting/ I/ it/ twice.

A. This video film was so interesting that I had seen it twice.
B. This video film is so interesting that I had seen it twice.
C. This video film was so interesting that I saw it twice.
D. This video film was too interesting that I had seen it twice.
76. If only/ not drink/ so/ last night.
A. If only I had not drunk so much last night.
B. If only I did not drink so much last night.
C. If only I have not drunk so much last night.
D. If only I could not drunk so much last night.
77. necessary/ that/ he/ works hard.
A. He is necessary that he works hard.
B. It is necessary that he does work hard.
C. It is necessary that he works hard.
D. It is necessary that he work hard.
78. We/ not/ believe/ whatever/ he/ said/ us/ yesterday.
A. We did not believe whatever he said for us yesterday.
B. We did not believe in whatever he said to us yesterday.
C. We do not believe whatever he said to us yesterday.
D. We do not believe at whatever he said to us yesterday.
79. end/ put/ endless/ cruel massacre of sealives.
A. An end be put to this endless and cruel massacre of sealives.
B. They must have put an end to this endless and cruel massacre of sealives.
C. They must put an end to this endless and cruel massacre of sealives.
D. They must put an end on this endless and cruel massacre of sealives.
80. Please/ write/ me/ let/ know/ when/ you/ going/ visit/ me.
A. Please write to let me to know when are you going to visit me.
B. Please write to let me know when are you going to visit me.
C. Please write to me let to know when you are going to visit me.
D. Please write to let me know when you are going to visit me.

Reactions: LươngSơnBạc.
D

duy2507

1d 2d 3b 4d 5b 6d 7d 8c 9d 10a 11c 12d 13b 14a 15b 16c 17a 18b 19d 20d 21a 22b 23a 24c 25c 26b 27a 28d 29d 30d 31d 32d 33d 34b 35b

D

duy2507

(?)
36. C. set
37. D. via
38. D. for
39. D. stands
40. B. set
41. A. fortune
42. D. over
43. C. explained
44. B. its
45. C. connected

C

chuotnhatkute

46.a
47.d
48.d
49.d
50.b
51.d
52.c
53.b
54.b
55.b
56.d
57.c
58.a
59.c
60.c
61.b
62.c
63.a
64.a
65.a
66.d
67.c
68.d
69.c
70.b

T

taylorswift.

71-80 :)!

71. Someone has to pick the visitors up from the airport.
A. The visitors have to be picked up from the airport.

72. Somebody accused me of stealing money.
C. I was accused of stealing money by somebody.

73. His speech was so boring that everyone got up and left
B. No one stayed to listen to him because his speech was so boring.

74. It is necessary to have your car washed.
A. Your car needs washing.

75. This video film/ so interesting/ I/ it/ twice.
C. This video film was so interesting that I saw it twice.

76. If only/ not drink/ so/ last night.
A. If only I had not drunk so much last night.

77. necessary/ that/ he/ works hard.
C. It is necessary that he works hard.

78. We/ not/ believe/ whatever/ he/ said/ us/ yesterday
C. We do not believe whatever he said to us yesterday.

79. end/ put/ endless/ cruel massacre of sealives.
D. They must put an end on this endless and cruel massacre of sealives.

80. Please/ write/ me/ let/ know/ when/ you/ going/ visit/ me.
D. Please write to let me know when you are going to visit me.

H

hocmai.tienganh

Hơi bất ngờ vì các mem ... chia bài ra làm như thế :)) Nhưng cũng không sao cả, chỉ khuyên các mem một điều đó là: nếu muốn cải thiện Tiếng Anh của mình, đừng làm phần mình chắc và giỏi rồi, đừng làm bài dễ, hãy làm bài khó, phức tạp và "khoai" ý!
Dù sao 3 người cũng đã hoàn thành 80 câu (trong khi đi thi thì mỗi người phải làm 1 mình 80 câu :p). Sau đây là đáp án cho các em!
Mọi thắc mắc ghi rõ: số thứ tự câu; nội dung câu hỏi; nội dung thắc mắc... và post tại đây.

ĐÁP ÁN ĐỀ SỐ 01

D

duy2507

Thắc mắc

47. In terms of their amount in the atmosphere, what is the proportion of carbon dioxide on Earth and on Venus?
Tại sao đáp án là A (Almost 1000) nhỉ?

65.With the exception of printing patterns directly onto the cloth, whether by block, roller, or screen, all of these are based on dyeing; that is, immersion of the fabric in a dye bath.
Câu trên được dịch như thế nào?
66.D (at every)
67.A (Dancing)
68.C (how)
69.B (unless)
70.A (looked as if/though)
Em/mình sửa lại như thế có đúng không (ạ)?

"The vast majority of Internet users tried it and it was eventual taken (42) ____________by Netscape so as to control their competition": eventual hay eventually?
Thank you very much!:)

H

hocmai.tienganh

47. A. almost 1000
Thông tin ở đoạn sau: “The atmosphere of Venus is quite different from ours. Measurements taken from the Earth show a high concentration of carton dioxide in the atmosphere of Venus. In fact, carbon dioxide makes up 96 percent of Venus’ atmosphere; nitrogen makes up almost all the rest. The Earth’s atmosphere, by comparison, is mainly nitrogen, with a fair amount of oxygen as well. Carbon dioxide makes up less than 0.1 percent of the terrestrial atmosphere.” (Không khí của Sao Kim khá khác so với hành tinh của chúng ta. Các đo đạc từ Trái Đất cho thấy một sự tập trung cao của Carbon Dioxide trong không khí của Sao Kim. Trên thực tế, carbon dioxide chiếm 96% không khí của Sao Kim; nitrogen chiếm hầu như phần còn lại. Không khí của Trái Đất, so với đó, thì đa phần là nitrogen, với lượng oxy tương đương. Carbon dioxide chiếm dưới 0.1 % không khí trái đất.)

65.The printing of textiles has involved a number of distinct methods. With the exception of printing patterns directly onto the cloth, whether by block, roller, or screen, all of these are based on dyeing; that is, immersion of the fabric in a dye bath.” (Việc in vải bao gồm nhiều phương pháp. Ngoại trừ việc in hoa văn trực tiếp lên vải, cho dù bằng lô, trục lăn, hay màn che, thì tất cả những cách này đều dựa trên việc nhuộm màu; đó là ngâm vải vào trong chậu nhuộm.)

66. D. at an every full Moon. Sửa: at every full Moon. Trước “every” không cần quán từ “a” nữa
67. A. A dancing. Sửa: Dancing = khiêu vũ . Vì đây là danh từ không đếm được.
68. C. what. Sửa: how = như thế nào, bằng cách nào. Đại từ “what” = cái gì, không phù hợp với văn cảnh này
69. B. except. Sửa: unless. Cấu trúc câu điều kiện loại III với “unless” = trừ khi. Except không đi với 1 mệnh đề
70. A. looked like. Sửa: looked as if. Cấu trúc giả định thức với “as if” = như thể …; look like + Noun = trông như …

42. eventually taken :) Thanks!

H

hocmai.tienganh

ĐỀ SỐ 02​

Choose A, B, C, or D to indicate the word that differs from the rest in the position of the main stress in each of the following questions.

Question 01: A. organism B. attraction C. prevention D. engagement
Question 02: A. popularity B. laboratory C. politician D. documentary
Question 03: A. imagine B. inhabit C. continue D. disappear
Question 04: A. periodic B. electric C. suspicious D. contagious
Question 05: A. advertise B. advantage C. adventure D. adverbial

Choose A, B, C, or D to indicate the underlined word or phrase (marked A, B, C, or D) in each sentence that needs correcting.

Question 06. When too many firms enter competitive markers, their share of profits will fell.
Question 07. The term “middle class” describes people between the upper and the low social classes.
Question 08. Copper comes from seven types of ores that also contain the other material
Question 09. Matthew Henson received many honor for his part in the expedition to the North Pole
Question 10. Silicon chips contain thousands circuits in an area as smaller than fingernail.

Choose A, B, C, or D to indicate the best fits in the blank in each of the sentences.

Question 11. For my birthday I was given a writing set ............... two pens, envelopes and note papers.
A. comprising B. involving C. holding D. consisting
Question 12. One condition of this job is that you must be ….. to work at weekends.
A. available B. capable C. acceptable D. accessible
Question 13. I am going to …. my dress dry-cleaned.
A. make B. send C. get D. take
Question 14. Don’t …. to bring a hairdryer. I’ll lend you mine.
A. mind B. bother C. forget D. worry
Question 15. The building was badly … in the fire.
A. hurt B. wounded C. damaged D. injured
Question 16. He is unhappy because his parents do not …. very well.
A. get over B. get off C. get on D. get away
Question 17. …. a wrong number, it is important to apologize before hanging up.
A. You dial B. Dialing C. If you dial D. If it is dialed
Question 18. Lost of people … yoga to relax.
A. practice B. take up C. give up D. take in
Question 19. Even though she hated the food, her mother …. her eat it all.
A. let B. made C. forced D. allowed
Question 20. The twins look so ….. their father.
A. like B. alike C. likely D. liking
Question 21. Paul was so …. with his examination results that he didn’t smile all week.
A. disappointed B. delighted C. proud D. satisfying.
Question 22. She smiled ….. at the joke.
A. loudly B. strongly C. quietly D. widely
Question 23. Which would you ….. have, the red or the blue one?
A. better B. prefer C. rather D. choose
Question 24. We’re going on a day …. to the island tomorrow.
A. visit B. voyage C. journey D. trip
Question 25. The article was …. the front page of the newspaper.
A. on B. at C. in D. of
Question 26. I’ve always posted my letters first class, ….. it costs more.
A. because B. since C. while D. although
Question 27. When I first started work, I found her advice …..
A. priceless B. invaluable C. worthy D. irreplaceable
Question 28. In other to achieve the desired result in this experiment, it is necessary that he … as fast as he can.
A. work B. works C. worked D. will work
Question 29. I am sure we can believe her. She is usually very…..
A. true B. truthful C. trustful D. trustworthy
Question 30. The number of …. in the factory has increased so much that the police have been asked to investigate.
A. thieves B. thefts C. robbers D.robberies
Question 31. Patrick has got a yacht and a helicopter. He …. be extremely rich.
A. can B. must C. should D. may
Question 32. Why didn’t you do it? You promised you …., for certain.
A. could B. must C. would D.might
Question 33. They left only an hour ago. They …. hardly have arrived yet.
A. can B. can’t C. shouldn’t D. may
Question 34. I can’t see my umbrella anywhere. I ….. have left it in my office.
A. can B. must C. should D. would
Question 35. Have you heard about all the complaints? It ….. have been a pleasant holiday for them.
A. can’t B. mustn’t C. shouldn’t D.mayn’t
Question 36. There’s a chance that he’ll arrive in time for supper, but he …. be a lot later.
A. would B. must C. should D.might
Question 37. We waited for you for over an hour. You really … have telephoned to say you were not coming.
A. can B. must C. might D. need
Question 38. You didn’t have to come all the way by bus. We … have gone to the station in the car to pick you up.
A. could B. must C. would D.should
Question 39. You …. have told that joke. Everybody has heard it too often.
A. can’t B. mustn’t C. shouldn't D.mightn't
Question 40. The Mercedes overtook us at a very high speed. It …. have been doing more than 150 kph.
A. could B. must C. should D.might

H

hocmai.tienganh

Choose A, B, C, D to indicate the correct word form for each numbered gap.

When did the first toys come into existence? Did they represent an attempt by adults to make children (41) …., or did they arise from the various playful (42) …. of children themselves? As everyone knows, the young frequently (43) …. the behaviour of their (44) …., and in their play, they often adopt objects (45) … by adults for entirely different purposes. These objects (46) …. and lead to games in which everyday articles often play unusual and (47) …. roles.
It is rather (48) …. that for an explanation of the origin of toys, we cannot turn to folk stories. However, no traditional tale (49) … to the origin of toys exists, and so our knowledge (50) …. to archeological study and limited evidence from documents.

Question 41. A. happy B. happiness C. happily D. unhappy
Question 42. A. acts B. actions C. activities D. active
Question 43. A. copying B. copy C. copies D. copied
Question 44. A. orders B. elderly C. elders D. old
Question 45. A. using B. used C. to use D. to be used
Question 46. A. courage B. are courageous C. encourage D. encouraging
Question 47. A. expected B. expecting C. unexpected D. unexpecting
Question 48. A. surprise B. surprised C. surprising D. surprisingly
Question 49. A, relates B. related C. relation D. relationship
Question 50. A. restricts B. restricted C. is restricted D. is restricting.

Read the following passage and choose A, B, C, or D to indicate the correct answer for each of the questions from 51 to 60.

Canadian English is a regional variety of North American English that spans almost the entire continent. Canadian English became a separate variety of North American English after the American Revolution, when thousands of Loyalists, people who had supported the British, left the United States and fled north to Canada. Many Loyalists settled in southern Ontario in the 1780s, and their speech became the basis for what is called General Canadian, a definition based on the norms of urban middle-class speech.
Modern Canadian English is usually defined by the ways in which it resembles and differs from American or British English. Canadian English has a great deal in common with the English spoken in the United States, yet many Americans identify a Canadian accent as British. Many American visitors to Canada think the Canadian vocabulary sounds British – for example, they notice the British “tap” and “braces” instead of the American “faucet” and “suspenders”. On the other hand, many British people identify a Canadian accent as American, and British visitors think the Canadians have become Americanized, saying “gas” and “truck” for “petrol” and “lorry”.
People who live outside North America often find it difficult to hear the differences between Canadian and American English. There are many similarities between the two varieties, yet they are far from identical. Canadian English is instantly recognizable to other Canadians, and one Canadian in a crowded room will easily spot the other Canadian among the North Americans. There is no distinctive Canadian grammar. The differences are mainly in pronunciation, vocabulary, and idioms.
Canadian pronunciation reflects the experience of a people struggling for national identity against two strong influences. About 75 per cent of Canadians use the English “zed” rather than the American “zee” for the name of the last letter of the alphabet. On the other hand, 75 per cent of Canadians use the American pronunciation of “schedule”, “tomato”, and “missile”. The most obvious and distinctive feature of Canadian speech is probably its vowel sound, the diphthong “/ou/”. In Canada, “out” is pronounced like “oat” in nearby U.S. accents. There are other identifying features of Canadian vowels: for example, “cot” is pronounced the same as “caught” and “collar” the same as “caller”.
An important characteristic of the vocabulary of Canadian English is the use of many words and phrases originating in Canada itself, such as “kerosene” and “chesterfield” (“sofa”). Several words are borrowed from North American Indian languages, for example, “kayak”, “caribou”, “parka”, and “skookum” (“strong”). The name of the country itself has an Indian origin; the Iroquois word “kanata” originally meant “village”. A number of terms for ice hockey – “face-off”, “blue-line”, and “puck” – have become part of World Standard English.
Some features of Canadian English seem to be unique and are often deliberately identified with Canadian speakers in such contexts as dramatic and literary characterizations. Among the original Canadian idioms, perhaps the most famous is the almost universal use of “eh?” as a tag question, as in “That’s a good movie, eh?” “Eh” is also used as a filler during a narrative, as in “I’m walking home from work, eh, and I’m thinking about dinner. I finally get home, eh, and the refrigerator is empty.”
The traditional view holds that there are no dialects in Canadian English and that Canadians cannot tell where other Canadians are from just by listening to them. The linguists of today disagree with this view. While there is a greater degree of homogeneity in Canadian English compared with American English, several dialect areas do exist across Canada. Linguists have identified distinct dialects for the Maritime Provinces, Newfoundland, the Ottawa Valley, southern Ontario, the Prairie Provinces, the Arctic North, and the West.

Question 51: According to the passage, how did Canadian English become a distinct variety of North American English?
A. Canadians declared their language to be different from U.S. English.
B. Growth of the middle class led to a standard school curriculum.
C. A large group of Loyalists settled in one region at the same time.
D. Linguists noticed that Canadians spoke a unique dialect.
Question 52: The word “norms” in paragraph 1 is closest in meaning to “_____”.
A. words
B. history
C. ideas
D. patterns
Question 53: The phrase “a great deal in common with” in paragraph 2 is closest in meaning to “_____”.
A. the same problems as
B. easier pronunciation than
C. many similarities to
D. different words for
Question 54: In paragraph 2, what point does the author make about Canadian English?
A. American and British visitors define Canadian English by their own norms.
B. Canadians speak English with an accent that Americans cannot understand.
C. Canadian English is more similar to American than to British English.
D. Canadian English has many words that are not in other varieties of English.
Question 55: The phrase “the two varieties” in paragraph 3 refers to _____.
A. Canadian English and American English
B. general Canadian and North American
C. British English and Canadian English
D. people who live outside North American
Question 56: The word “spot” in paragraph 3 is closest in meaning to _____.
A. prefer
B. find
C. describe
D. ignore
Question 57: Which sentence below best expresses the essential information in the underlined sentence in paragraph 4?
A. Canadian English has been strongly influenced by both British and American English.
B. Canadians have tried to distinguished themselves as a nation, and this effort is shown in their pronunciation.
C. Canada is the only nation where people can deliberately choose which pronunciation they prefer.
D. Many newcomers to Canada must work hard to master the national style of pronouncing English.
Question 58: All of the following words originated in North American Indian languages EXCEPT _____.
A. parka
B. kerosene
C. Canada
D. kayak
Question 59: Which of the following can be inferred from paragraph 5 about vocabulary?
A. Much of the vocabulary for ice hockey originated in Canada.
B. Vocabulary is the most distinctive feature of Canadian English.
C. Canadians use more North American Indian words than Americans do.
D. World Standard English has a very large vocabulary.
Question 60: The author discusses the expression “eh” in paragraph 6 as an example of _____.
A. an expression that few people outside Canada have heard
B. a style of Canadian drama and literature
C. a word that cannot be translated into other languages
D. an idiom that uniquely characterizes Canadian speech

H

hocmai.tienganh

Choose the sentence A, B, C, or D that is similar in meaning to the original given sentences.

Question 61. She said it had nothing to do with me.
A. She told me that it was none of my business.
B. She told me that it had done nothing for me.
C. She said I did nothing about it.
D. She said she had done nothing for me.
Question 62. His personal problems have an influence on his as ability to do his job.
A. His personal problem enable him to do his job.
B. His ability influences his personal problem and his job.
C. His ability affects his problem in his job.
D. His person problem affect his ability to do his job.
Question 63. Only if you work hard now have you any chance of success.
A. Your chance of success affects your working hard.
B. Your chance of success depends on your working hard.
C. Working hard lessens your chance of success.
D. The harder you work, the more chances you have.
Question 64. “Let’s organize a club meeting on Saturday”
A. She offered to organize a club meeting on Saturday.
B. She suggested organizing a club meeting on Saturday.
C. We have to organize a club meeting on Saturday.
D. We are suggested to organize a club meeting on Saturday.
Question 65. If you didn’t cheat in the exam, you wouldn’t be punished.
A. You were not punished as you didn’t cheat in the exam.
B. You didn’t cheat in the exam so as not to be punished.
C. Don’t cheat in the exam and you won’t be punished.
D. You never cheat in the exam, so you are not punished.
Question 66. “Shall I post the letter for you?”
A. he asked me if I should post the letter for him.
B. He offered to post the letter for me.
C. He wanted me to post the letter myself.
D. I wanted him to post the letter for.
Question 67. “I would suggest that we should try to get local support for the new motorway”.
A. I suggested they should try to get local support for the new motorway.
B. I wanted to know why shouldn’t we try get local support for the new motorway.
C. My suggestion was that we try to get local support for the new motorway.
D. I suggested we should try getting local support for the new motorway.
Question 68. “Waiter! This soup is too cold.”
A. The customer called the waiter to try the cold soup.
B. The customer complained that the soup was to cold.
C. The customer called the waiter and said that the soup was too cold for him.
D. The waiter called the customer to give the cold soup.
Question 69. If you refuse to carry out my orders you will get the sack.
A. If you refuse to carry out my orders, you will be given a sack of clothes.
B. If you carry out my orders, you will be made redundant.
C. If you refuse to carry out my orders, you will be criticized.
D. If you don’t carry out my orders you will be dismissed.
Question 70. The decision is none of your business.
A. The decision is not covered in your business.
B. You are not busy with the decision.
C. The decision doesn’t concern you.
D. Your business doesn’t affect the decision.

Read the following passage and choose A, B, C, or D to indicate the correct answer for each of the questions from 71 to 80.

Increasing numbers of parents in the U.S. are choosing to teach their children at home. In fact, the U.S. Department of Education has estimated that in 1999, about 850,000 children were being homeschooled. Some educational experts say that the real number is double this estimate, and the ranks of homeschooled children seem to be growing at the average rate of about eleven percent every year.
At one time, there was a theory accounting for homeschooling: it was traditionally used for students who could not attend school because of behavioral or learning difficulties. Today, however, more parents are taking on the

responsibility of educating their own children at home due to their dissatisfaction with the educational system. Many parents are unhappy about class size, as well as problems inside the classroom. Teacher shortages and lack of funding mean that, in many schools, one teacher is responsible for thirty or forty students. The children are, therefore, deprived of the attention they need. Escalating classroom violence has also motivated some parents to remove their children from school.
Although there have been a lot of arguments for and against it, homeschooling in the U.S. has become a multi-million dollar industry, and it is growing bigger and bigger. There are now plenty of websites, support groups, and conventions that help parents protect their rights and enable them to learn more about educating their children. Though once it was the only choice for troubled children, homeschooling today is an accepted alternative to an educational system that many believe is failing.

Question 71: The number of parents who want to teach their own children in the U.S. is _____.
A. remaining unchanged
B. remaining the same
C. going up
D. going down
Question 72: The past participle “homeschooled” in the first paragraph is best equivalent to “_____at home”.
A. taught
B. self-learned
C. untaught
D. self-studied
Question 73: This estimated number was presented by _____.
A. a governmental office
B. school teachers
C. the parents
D. homeschooled children
Question 74: According to some experts, the exact number of homeschooled children then must be _____.
A. 1,600,000
B. 850,000
C. 1,900,000
D. 1,700,000
Question 75: The closest synonym of the participle phrase “accounting for” in the second paragraph is “_____”.
A. explaining
B. reasoning
C. counting for
D. calculating documents of
Question 76: More parents teach their children because they completely _____ the current educational system.
A. please with
B. object to
C. appeal to
D. approve of
Question 77: The noun “dissatisfaction” in this paragraph is best equivalent to “_____”.
A. disappointment
B. disagreement
C. discrimination
D. discouragement
Question 78: Many parents stop their children from going to school because it is now too _____ for them.
A. explosive
B. expensive
C. dangerous
D. humorous
Question 79: The word “arguments” at the beginning of the third paragraph can be best replaced by “_____”.
A. rows
B. quarrels
C. viewpoints
D. discussions
Question 80: The attitude of the author towards homeschooling can be best described as _____.
A. acceptable
B. favorable
C. remarkable
D. unfavorable

D

duy2507

1a 2b 3d 4a 5a 6d 7c 8c 9b 10a 11a 12a 13c 14b 15c 16c 17c 18b 19b 20a 21a 22a 23c 24d 25a 26d 27b 28a 29d 30d 31b 32c 33a 34b 35b 36d 37d 38d 39b 40b 41A 42C 43B 44C 45B 46B 47C 48C 49B 50C 51C 52B 53C 54A 55A 56B 57B 58B 59D 60D 61A 62D 63B 64D 65A 66B 67C 68B 69D 70C 71C 72A 73A 74D 75A 76B 77B 78C 79C 80A

T

tm27

1a 2b 3d 4a 5a 6d 7c 8d 9b 10c 11a 12a 13c 14b 15c 16c 17c 18b 19b 20a 21a 22b 23c 24d 25a 26d 27b 28a 29d 30b 31b 32c 33a 34b 35a 36d 37d 38c 39b 40b 41a 42c 43b 44c 45b 46c 47c 48c 49b 50c 51c 52a 53c 54a 55a 56b 57b 58b 59a 60d 61a 62d 63b 64d 65c 66b 67a 68b 69d 70c 71c 72a 73a 74d 75a 76b 77a 78a 79d 80a.

H

hocmai.tienganh

Rất hoan nghênh tinh thần cố gắng hoàn thành đề thi của các em :x

Great job!
:khi (197):

ĐÁP ÁN ĐỀ SỐ 02​

Bắt đầu nhận thắc mắc và ý kiến đóng góp..............

T

tm27

Chị ơi cho em hỏi:
1. Câu 11 tại sao không chọn được comprising?
2. Câu 29 em thấy chọ trustworthy cũng hợp nghĩa mà?
3. Chị giải thích giùm em câu 37, 38, 39, 51 nhé :D
4. Câu 64 em nhớ là sau suggest dùng V-ing
Cảm ơn chị nhiều nhen :D

H

hocmai.tienganh

Question 11. For my birthday I was given a writing set ............... two pens, envelopes and note papers.
A. comprising B. involvin
g C. holding D. consisting

- comprise:
consist of; be made up of.
- consist:
1. (consist of) be composed or made up of
(consist in) have as an essential feature: his poetry consisted in the use of emotive language
2. (consist with) archaic be consistent with.
=> Chỉ có holding là hợp nghĩa.

Question 29. I am sure we can believe her. She is usually very…..
A. true B. truthful C. trustful D. trustworthy

- truthful: trung thực.
- trustworthy: đáng tin, có thể tin tưởng được.

=> Truthful vẫn phù hợp hơn với văn câu dẫn.

Question 37. We waited for you for over an hour. You really … have telephoned to say you were not coming.
A. can B. must C. might D. need

=> Chúng tôi đã phải chờ anh cả tiếng đồng hồ. Đáng lẽ ra anh phải gọi điện nói rằng anh sẽ không tới.

Question 38. You didn’t have to come all the way by bus. We … have gone to the station in the car to pick you up.
A. could B. must C. would D.should

=> Bạn không phải bắt xe buýt đến đây bằng mọi giá. Chúng tôi đã có thể đi ô tô đến bến xe đón bạn

Question 39. You …. have told that joke. Everybody has heard it too often.
A. can’t B. mustn’t C. should D.might

=> Đề lỗi. Sửa lại đề: C. shouldn't/ D. might not.

51. A. Canadians declared their language to be different from US English

Thông tin ở đoạn sau: “Canadian English is a regional variety of North American English that spans almost the entire continent. Canadian English became a separate variety of North American English after the American Revolution, when thousands of Loyalists, people who had supported the British, left the United States and fled north to Canada.” (Tiếng Anh Canada là một loại tiếng Anh Mỹ địa phương trải dài hầu khắp lục địa này. Tiếng Anh Canada trở thành một loại tiếng Anh Mỹ riêng biệt sau Cách Mạng Mỹ, khi mà hàng ngàn người trung thành ủng hộ Anh, rời khỏi Mỹ và bay từ miền bắc sang Canada.)

Question 64. “Let’s organize a club meeting on Saturday”
A. She offered to organize a club meeting on Saturday.
B. She suggested organize a club meeting on Saturday.
C. We have to organize a club meeting on Saturday.
D. We are suggested to organize a club meeting on Saturday.

=> Đề lỗi. Sửa lại đề: B. She suggested organizing a club meeting on Saturday.

Thanks, anyway ^^

Top Bottom