Ngoại ngữ Topic Bồi dưỡng học sinh giỏi Tiếng Anh lớp 10

Vi Nguyen

Học sinh tiến bộ
Thành viên
26 Tháng tư 2017
Bình Định
THPT Chuyên Chu Văn An
I. Phonetics

Ex1: Choose the word that has the underlined part pronounced differently from the rest.

1. A. shall B. call C. ball D. tall

2. A. hear B. beer C. pear D. fear

3. A. compulsory B. commanding C. comedienne D. commentary

4. A. thorough B. mouths C. cloths D. without

5. A. aspiration B. table C. cap D. ashamed

Ex2: Find the word with the stress on the last syllable

1. A. necessary B. correspond C. abandon D. Cambodia

2. A. efficient B. population C. afternoon D. information

3. A. alternative B. scenery C. modernize D. champagne

4. A. European B. increasing C. currency D. evidence

5. A. commerce B. television C. himself D. comfortable

II. Lexico-Grammar

Ex1: Choose the best answer.

1. In the last two decades, space exploration .......................... great contributions to weather forecasting.

A. is making B. has made C. made D. makers

2. "So long" is another way of saying: .........................

A. I'm very happy! B. Goodbye! C.Cheer up! D. Hello!

3. It's not my fault that Peter found what we were planning. I don't remember ........................ anyone about it.

A. to tell B. to be told C. being told D. having told

4. Jack got into trouble when he refused ........................... his briefcase for the customs officer.

A. opening B. being opened C. to open D. to be opened

5. To lend money to friends may sometimes succeed. ...................... , it often leads to disaster.

A. Though B. While C. However D. Because

6. Jane: "My writing has improved a lot in this class."
Kate: "Mine has, too. All the students ........................ do well in writing."

A. whom Mr. Davis teaches them B. Mr. Davis teaches C. which Mr. Davis teaches D. Mr. Davis teaches them

7. I can't recall .......................... that old movie, but maybe I did many years ago.

A. to see B. to have seen C. having been seen D. having seen

8. He wanted to ....................... off all his work before he came to the cinema with us.

A. finish B. stop C. end D. put

9. He said he would contribute money, but later he backed ...................... of it.

A. down B. away C. off D. out

10. Have you seen the place ........................ the graduation ceremony will be held?

A. where B. which C. in that D. is where that

Ex2: Find and correct the mistake

1. The Chippewa and Santee Sioux of the Upper Mississippi River regional have used catlinite to produce carvings for almost 150 years. region
A B C D

2. Much of the significant research related for the theory of numbers concerns the distribution of prime numbers.
A B C D --------to
3. Newborn infants show a distinct preference for human voices over other sounds and also prefer her own mothers' voices to the voices of stranger.
A B C D distinction

4. Although most species of small birds gather in groups at feeders provided by bird-watchers, the bright red cardinals usually appears alone or with its mate.
A B C D--bỏ S

5. Gold or silver bullion serve into commerce as mediums of exchange all over the world.
A B C D-for

Ex3: Verb form

1. Sometimes printing errors .........will be discovered................ (discover) after the newspaper has been published.

2. If we ...had understood........................... (understand) the problem, we wouldn't have asked for help.

3. Were Germany .......to beat..................... (beat) Romania, they would face Italy in the final.

4. That is the second man ...to be arrested..................... (arrest) by the police.

5. When .........attacked.............. (attack) by a big dog, he ran away.

III. Writing

1. The Prime Minister has hardly ever made a speech as inept as this.
=> Rarely ....has the Prime Minister made so inept a speech

2. John said, "I heard you receive the scholarship. Congratulations!"
=> John congratulated ...you on receiving the scholarship...........................................................................

3. Nobody is sure how the accident happened. (CAME)
=>Nobody is sure how the accident came about.

4. The plans for the new car park are not very popular. (OBJECT)
=> Many ideas object to the plans for the new car park.

5. Mark tries hard, but he doesn't get anywhere.
=> However ..hard Mark tries,he doesn't get anywhere...............................................................................................

6. They're faced with the choice of two alternatives. (HORNS)
=>

7. The completion of the work was scheduled for last week.
=> The work was ....have been completed by the end of last week

8. At first the new computer made me feel a bit afraid. (AWE)
=>

9. They started building the new supermarket two years ago.
=> The new ..supermarket has built for the. past two years

10. Tom's presence at parties adds to everyone's enjoyment. (SOUL)
=>

Hãy suy nghĩ tất cả những gì bạn nói. Nhưng đừng nói tất cả những gì bạn suy nghĩ.

Reactions: Chou Chou

Chou Chou

Cựu Mod tiếng Anh
Thành viên
TV BQT được yêu thích nhất 2017
4 Tháng năm 2017
Phú Thọ
THPT Thanh Thủy
Đề mới đây! @Vi Nguyen @Tony Time @tôi là ai? @Nguyễn Thị Phanh

I. Phonetics

Ex1: Choose the word that has the underlined part pronounced differently from the rest.

4. A. thorough B. mouths C. cloths D. without

II. Lexico-Grammar

1. In the last two decades, space exploration .......................... great contributions to weather forecasting.

3. It's not my fault that Peter found what we were planning. I don't remember ........................ anyone about it.

4. Jack got into trouble when he refused ........................... his briefcase for the customs officer.

5. To lend money to friends may sometimes succeed. ...................... , it often leads to disaster.

Kate: "Mine has, too. All the students ........................ do well in writing."

A. whom Mr. Davis teaches them B. Mr. Davis teaches C. which Mr. Davis teaches D. Mr. Davis teaches them

7. I can't recall .......................... that old movie, but maybe I did many years ago.

8. He wanted to ....................... off all his work before he came to the cinema with us.

9. He said he would contribute money, but later he backed ...................... of it.

10. Have you seen the place ........................ the graduation ceremony will be held?

1. The Chippewa and Santee Sioux of the Upper Mississippi River regional have used catlinite to produce carvings for almost 150 years.
A B C D

2. Much of the significant research related for the theory of numbers concerns the distribution of prime numbers.
A B C D

3. Newborn infants show a distinct preference for human voices over other sounds and also prefer her own mothers' voices to the voices of stranger.
A B C D

4. Although most species of small birds gather in groups at feeders provided by bird-watchers, the bright red cardinals usually appears alone or with its mate.
A B C D

5. Gold or silver bullion serve into commerce as mediums of exchange all over the world.
A B C D

1. Sometimes printing errors ......................... (discover) after the newspaper has been published.

2. If we ............................... (understand) the problem, we wouldn't have asked for help.

3. Were Germany ............................ (beat) Romania, they would face Italy in the final.

4. That is the second man ........................ (arrest) by the police.

5. When ....................... (attack) by a big dog, he ran away.

III. Writing

=> Rarely .................................................................................................

=> John congratulated ..............................................................................

=>

=>

=> However .................................................................................................

=>

=> The work was ....................................................................................................

=>

=> The new .......................................................................... past two years

=>
ủa, có mỗi @Vi Nguyen làm bài này thôi ak??

Chou Chou

Cựu Mod tiếng Anh
Thành viên
4 Tháng năm 2017
Phú Thọ
THPT Thanh Thủy
ukm, cj đang chữa dở mà bây giờ lại bận nên tối cj up đáp án nhé! Sorry e! Yociexpress09

Tony Time

Học sinh tiến bộ
Thành viên
23 Tháng sáu 2017
Bà Rịa - Vũng Tàu
Taylors College
I. Phonetics

4. A. through B. mouths C. cloths D. without

II. Lexico-Grammar

1. The Chippewa and Santee Sioux of the Upper Mississippi River regional have used catlinite to produce carvings for almost 150 years.
A B C D region

A B C D recent

A B C D their

A B C D cardinal

A B C D in

1. Sometimes printing errors ......are dicovered................... (discover) after the newspaper has been published.

2. If we ...........had understood.................... (understand) the problem, we wouldn't have asked for help.

3. Were Germany ....be able to beat........................ (beat) Romania, they would face Italy in the final.

4. That is the second man ....arrested.................... (arrest) by the police.

5. When ......being attacked................. (attack) by a big dog, he ran away.

III. Writing

=> Rarely ....does the Prime Minister have made a speech as incept as this.............................................................................................

=> John congratulated ..me on receiving the scholarship............................................................................

=> Nobdy is sure how the accident came about

=>

=> However ..hard Mark tries, he doesn't get any...............................................................................................

=>

=> The work was ...scheduled to be completed last week.................................................................................................

=> At first the new computer awed me a bit

=> The new ..has being built for the........................................................................ past two years

=> Tom's soul at the parties adds to everybody's enjoyment

Vi Nguyen

Học sinh tiến bộ
Thành viên
26 Tháng tư 2017
Bình Định
THPT Chuyên Chu Văn An
The pipes have burst. We must try to find a plumber. (HOLD)
-> The pipes have burst. We must get hold of a plumber

I don't understand a single word of this wretched report. (HEAD)
-> I can't make head nor tail of this wretched report.

They declared the war on the pretext of defending their territorial rights (The excuse)
-> The excuse for the declaration of the war was the defense of their TR.
or The excuse for declaring the war was defending their TR.
giải thích giùm em

Chou Chou

Cựu Mod tiếng Anh
Thành viên
4 Tháng năm 2017
Phú Thọ
THPT Thanh Thủy
@Vi Nguyen
I. Phonetics

2. A. hear / hɪr / B. beer / bɪr / C. pear / per / D. fear / fɪr /

4. A. thorough / θɜːroʊ / B. mouths / maʊðz / C. cloths / klɔːðz / D. without / wɪˈðaʊt /

II. Lexico-Grammar

A. opening B. being opened C. to open D. to be opened (câu này dùng thể chủ động thôi e nhé!)
Structure: - refuse + to-V : từ chối làm gì
- get into trouble: gặp rắc rối

A. Though B. While C. However D. Because (Hai mệnh đề này ngược nghĩa nhé, nên dùng "however")

Structure: Mệnh đề quan hệ (e tự tìm hiểu thêm nhé)

A. to see B. to have seen C. having been seen D. having seen (dùng thể chủ động thôi e nhé!)

Structure: - finish off: hoàn tất
- put off: hoãn lại, trì hoãn

1. The Chippewa and Santee Sioux of the Upper Mississippi River regional have used catlinite to produce carvings for almost 150 years. region
A B C D

A B C D --------to
A B C D distinction -> their (Chủ ngữ là "newborn infants" là ngôi ba số nhiều -> tính từ sở hữu là "their")

A B C D--bỏ S

A B C D-for -> in

1. Sometimes printing errors .........will be discovered are discovered................ (discover) after the newspaper has been published.

2. If we ...had understood........................... (understand) the problem, we wouldn't have asked for help.

3. Were Germany .......to beat..................... (beat) Romania, they would face Italy in the final.

4. That is the second man ...to be arrested..................... (arrest) by the police.

5. When .........attacked.............. (attack) by a big dog, he ran away.

III. Writing

=> Rarely ....has the Prime Minister made so inept a speech / such an inept speech.

=> John congratulated ...you me on receiving the scholarship.............

=>Nobody is sure how the accident came about.

=> Many ideas object to the plans for the new car park.
=> People object to the plans for the new car park.
Structure: object to : phản đối

=> However ..hard Mark tries,he doesn't get anywhere...............................................................................................

=> They are on the horns of a dilemma.
Structure: on the horns of a dilemma: trong thế tiến thoái lưỡng nan.

=> The work was ....have been completed by the end of last week
=> The work was to have been completed by the end of last week.
Structure: be + to-V: phải làm gì đó (theo kế hoạch...)

=> At first I was a bit in awe of the new computer.
Structure: in awe of: kính sợ ai / cái gì

=> The new ..supermarket has built for the. past two years
=> The new supermarket has been under construction for the past two years. (Câu này dùng thể bị động nhé!)
Structure: be under construction: đang được thi công, xây dựng

=> Tom is the life and soul of parties.
Structure: life and soul of: là linh hồn của...

Chou Chou

Cựu Mod tiếng Anh
Thành viên
4 Tháng năm 2017
Phú Thọ
THPT Thanh Thủy
@Tony Time
I. Phonetics

1. A. shall / ʃæl / B. call / kɔːl / C. ball / bɔːl / D. tall / tɔːl /

3. A. compulsory / kəmˈpʌlsəri / B. commanding / kəˈmændɪŋ / C. comedienne / kəmiːdien / D. commentary / kɒməntri / hoặc / kɑːmənteri /

4. A. through / θɜːroʊ / B. mouths / maʊðz / C. cloths / klɔːðz / D. without / wɪˈðaʊt /

4. A. Euro'pean B. in'creasing C. 'currency D. 'evidence

5. A. 'commerce B. 'television C. him'self D. 'comfortable

II. Lexico-Grammar

Structure: Mệnh đề quan hệ (e tự tìm hiểu nhé)

(Bài này chỉ chọn 1 đáp án đúng nhất thôi e nhé!)

A B C D region

A B C D recent -> related to : liên quan đến

A B C D their

A B C D cardinal

A B C D in

1. Sometimes printing errors ......are discovered................... (discover) after the newspaper has been published.

2. If we ...........had understood.................... (understand) the problem, we wouldn't have asked for help.

3. Were Germany ....be able to beat........................ (beat) Romania, they would face Italy in the final.
Structure: Đảo ngữ với câu điều kiện loại 2: Were S + N,....
Nếu trong câu với mệnh đề If có động từ thường thì phải chuyển thành to-V: Were + S + to-V

4. That is the second man ....arrested to be arrested.................... (arrest) by the police.
Structure: the first/ second/ third.... + N +to-V

5. When ......being attacked hoặc attacked................. (attack) by a big dog, he ran away.

III. Writing

=> Rarely ....does the Prime Minister have made a speech as incept as this.........
=> Rarely has the Prime Minister made such an inept speech. (Câu gốc là thì HTHT nên khi chuyển đảo ngữ vẫn phải giữ đúng thì nhé e!)

=> John congratulated ..me on receiving the scholarship............................................................................

=> Nobdy is sure how the accident came about

=> People object to the plans for the new car park.
Structure: object to : phản đối

=> However ..hard Mark tries, he doesn't get anywhere.............................................................

=> They are on the horns of a dilemma.
Structure: on the horns of a dilemma: trong thế tiến thoái lưỡng nan.

=> The work was ...scheduled to be completed last week..................
=> The work was to have been completed by the end of last week.
Structure: be + to-V: phải làm gì đó (theo kế hoạch...)

=> At first the new computer awed me a bit
=> At first I was a bit in awe of the new computer.
Structure: in awe of: kính sợ ai / cái gì

=> The new ..has being built for the........................................................................ past two years
=> The new supermarket has been under construction for the past two years. (Câu này dùng thể bị động nhé!)
Structure: be under construction: đang được thi công, xây dựng
Nếu e vẫn muốn dùng động từ "build" thì phải chuyển sang bị động với thì HTHT tiếp diễn

=> Tom's soul at the parties adds to everybody's enjoyment
=> Tom is the life and soul of parties.
Structure: life and soul of: là linh hồn của...

Reactions: Tony Time

Chou Chou

Cựu Mod tiếng Anh
Thành viên
4 Tháng năm 2017
Phú Thọ
THPT Thanh Thủy
The pipes have burst. We must try to find a plumber. (HOLD)
-> The pipes have burst. We must get hold of a plumber
Structure: get a hold of sb: gặp ai

I don't understand a single word of this wretched report. (HEAD)
-> I can't make head nor -> or tail of this wretched report.
Structure: make head or tail of: hiểu

They declared the war on the pretext of defending their territorial rights (The excuse)
-> The excuse for the declaration of the war was the defense of their TR.
or The excuse for declaring the war was defending their TR.
Structure: - excuse for: xin lỗi về (+N/ Ving)
- on the pretext of: cớ, lí do

Chou Chou

Cựu Mod tiếng Anh
Thành viên
4 Tháng năm 2017
Phú Thọ
THPT Thanh Thủy
I. Phonetics

1. A. five B. physics C. effort D. psychology

2. A. Islam B. ring C. tropical D. equal

3. A. puppet B. brother C. butcher's D. northern

4. A. mechanic B. man C. land D. many

5. A. rascal B. rasp C. plebiscite D. transition

Ex2: Find the word which has different stress pattern from the other.

1. A. inspiration B. examine C. approximate D. cathedral

2. A. interactive B. television C. introduce D. understand

3. A. journalism B. increasingly C. November D. compulsory

4. A. illustrate B. chocolate C. vegetable D. enormous

5. A. restaurant B. employment C. yesterday D. everything

II. Lexico-Grammar

1. Don't forget to remind me of the meeting, ..................?

A. will you B. do you C. won't you D. don't you

2. The hall was very crowded with over fifty people .......................... into it.

A. pushed B. packed C. stuck D. stuffed

3. I didn't know you were asleep. Otherwise, I ............................ so much noise when I came in.

A. don't make B. didn't make C. won't make D. wouldn't have made

4. Gloria never seems to get tired. I wish I ................... her energy.

A. had B. have C. have had D. would have

5. We can't count on .......................... by our parents every time we get into financial difficult.

A. rescuing B. being rescued C. to rescue D. to be rescued

6. Anyone .......................... scholastic record is above average can apply for the scholarship.

A. who has B. has a C. who's a D. whose

7. Having looked the place ..................... , the gang went away to make their plans.

A. over B. through C. down D. out

8. I haven't time to speak to him now, you'll have to put him ..............................

A. off B. back C. aside D. away

9. She went to London two days ago. You ............................. her yesterday.

A. can't see B. couldn't have seen C. couldn't see D. can't have been seen

10. I have got much information .................. the newspaper.

A. at B. above C. in D. on

Ex2: Word form

1. The Sahara Desert in Africa is a vast ........................ area. (water)

2. She never comes late. I'm impressed by her .............................. (punctual)

3. There are very few ........................ places left on earth. Man has been nearly everywhere. (explore)

4. Although Tom is twenty, he is quite ................... in many ways. (child)

5. ......................... was one of the three problems facing the Vietnamese government after the August Revolution in 1945. (literacy)

III. Writing

1. No more staff asre being recruited at the bank at the moment. (TAKING)
=>

2. Burglars stole a thousand pounds' worth of electrical goods, and left theflat in an awful mess.
=> Not only ................................................................................................................

3. A lot of men asked her to marry them but she refused to. (TURNED)
=>

4. We wore warm clothes so that we might not get cold.
=> In order to .....................................................................................

5. My neighbor said he would call the police. (THREATEN)
=>

6. It's my duty to clean the floor today.
=> I am ........................................................................................

7. He had only just walked into the house when the telephone rang. (BARELY)
=>

8. If you wish to take advantage of the offer, kindly tick the box on your order form.
=> Should you ................................................................................................

9. In the event of your failing your driving test, would you take it again? (SUPPOSING)
=>

10. Jack said that he hadn't cheated in the exam.
=> Jack denied ...................................................................................................

@Vi Nguyen @Tony Time @tôi là ai? @Nguyễn Thị Phanh @Anhnguyen252003

Reactions: tôi là ai?

vulee4869

Học sinh
Thành viên
19 Tháng ba 2015
Em mới tham gia, mong mọi người giúp đỡ :>
I. Phonetics

II. Lexico-Grammar

2. The hall was very crowded with over fifty people .......................... into it.

3. I didn't know you were asleep. Otherwise, I ............................ so much noise when I came in.

5. We can't count on .......................... by our parents every time we get into financial difficult.

6. Anyone .......................... scholastic record is above average can apply for the scholarship.

7. Having looked the place ..................... , the gang went away to make their plans.

8. I haven't time to speak to him now, you'll have to put him ..............................

9. She went to London two days ago. You ............................. her yesterday.

1. The Sahara Desert in Africa is a vast ...........waterless............. area. (water)

2. She never comes late. I'm impressed by her ............puntuality.................. (punctual)

3. There are very few ........unexplored................ places left on earth. Man has been nearly everywhere. (explore)

4. Although Tom is twenty, he is quite ........childish........... in many ways. (child)

5. ......................... was one of the three problems facing the Vietnamese government after the August Revolution in 1945. (literacy)

III. Writing

=> the bank is not taking on staff anymore at the moment

2. Burglars stole a thousand pounds' worth of electrical goods, and left theflat in an awful mess.
=> Not only did burglars steal a thousand pounds worth of electrical goods but also left the flat in an awful mess

=> A lot of men asked her to marry them but she turned off

4. We wore warm clothes so that we might not get cold
-> in order not to get cold, we wore warm clothes

=> my neighbor threatened to call the police

=> I am to clean the floor today

=> Barely had he walked in the house when the telephone rang

8. If you wish to take advantage of the offer, kindly tick the box on your order form.
=> Should you wish to take advantage of the offer, kindly tick the box on your order form.

9. In the event of your failing your driving test, would you take it again? (SUPPOSING)
=> supposing you failed your driving test, would u take it again?

=> Jack denied not having cheated in the exam

tôi là ai?

Banned
Banned
Thành viên
9 Tháng tám 2017
Hà Nam
THCS dành cho hs cá biệt
I. Phonetics

Vi Nguyen

Học sinh tiến bộ
Thành viên
26 Tháng tư 2017
Bình Định
THPT Chuyên Chu Văn An

II. Lexico-Grammar

1. The Sahara Desert in Africa is a vast ...........waterless............. area. (water)

2. She never comes late. I'm impressed by her ............punctuality.................. (punctual)

3. There are very few ........unexplored................ places left on earth. Man has been nearly everywhere. (explore)

4. Although Tom is twenty, he is quite ........childish........... in many ways. (child)

5. illiteracy......................... was one of the three problems facing the Vietnamese government after the August Revolution in 1945. (literacy)

III. Writing

1. No more staff are being recruited at the bank at the moment. (TAKING)
=> The bank is taking on no more staff at the moment

2. Burglars stole a thousand pounds' worth of electrical goods, and left the flat in an awful mess.
=> Not only did burglars steal a thousand pounds worth of electrical goods but also left the flat in an awful mess

=> A lot of men asked her to marry them but she turned off

-> In order not to get cold, we wore warm clothes

=> My neighbor threatened to call the police

=> I am supposed to clean the floor today

=> Should you wish to take advantage of the offer, kindly tick the box on your order form.

=> Supposing that you failed your driving test, would u take it again?

Anhnguyen252003

Học sinh chăm học
Thành viên
10 Tháng sáu 2017
Phú Thọ
THPT Thanh Thủy
I. PHONETICS
Ex1: Choose the word in each group that has the underlined, italic part pronounced differently from the rest.
1. A. challenge B.brochure C. snatch D. chocolate
2. A. phase B. danger C. bookcase D. literarture
3. A. supply B. suppose C. support D. superb
4. A. gone B. prone C. phone D. bone
5. A. steward B. sew C. sewage D. dew
6. A. referee B. mathematics C. combination D. literature
7. A. abolish B. visible C. magazine D. paradise
8. A. generous B. regulate C. potentially D. mineral
9. A. disappear B. occurence C. environment D. nutritious
10. A. common D. visit C. economy D. parachute

Nguyễn Thị Phanh

Banned
Banned
14 Tháng tám 2017
Phú Thọ
I. Phonetics

1. A. inspi'ration B. e'xamine C. ap'proximate D. ca'thedral

2. A. interactive B. tele'vision C. ,intro'duce D. ,under'stand

3. A. 'journalism B. in'creasingly C. No'vember D. com'pulsory

4. A. 'illustrate B. 'chocolate C. 'vegetable D. e'normous

5. A. 'restaurant B. em'ployment C. 'yesterday D. 'everything

II. Lexico-Grammar

2. She never comes late. I'm impressed by her .............punctuality................. (punctual)

4. Although Tom is twenty, he is quite .....childish.............. in many ways. (child)

5. ...........Illiteracy.............. was one of the three problems facing the Vietnamese government after the August Revolution in 1945. (literacy)

III. Writing

=> ..............The bank is taking on no more staff at the moment.............................................

=> Not only .......did burglars steal a thousand pounds worth of electrical goods but also left the flat in an awful mess.........

=> ........ A lot of men asked her to marry them but she turned off .........

4. We wore warm clothes so that we might not get cold.
=> In order not to....get cold, we wore warm clothes.....................................

=> I am .....................supposed to clean the floor today...................................................................

=> Should you ...................wish to take advantage of the offer, kindly tick the box on your order form................................................

=> Supposing that you failed your driving test, would you take it again?

=> Jack denied ..............................not having cheated in the exam.....................................................................
---> sai cũng chữa mà đúng cũng phải chữa nhé.
--> like giúp nè ❤❤❤

Chou Chou

Cựu Mod tiếng Anh
Thành viên
4 Tháng năm 2017
Phú Thọ
THPT Thanh Thủy
@vulee4869
I. Phonetics

2. A. Islam / ɪzlɑːm/ B. ring / rɪŋ / C. tropical / trɒpɪkl / D. equal / i:kwəl /

3. A. puppet / pʌpɪt / B. brother / brʌðər / C. butcher's / bʊər / D. northern / nɔːðən /
(Câu này không có đáp án nhé!)

5. A. rascal / rɑː.skl / B. rasp / rɑːsp / C. plebiscite / plebɪsɪt / D. transition / trænzɪʃən /

II. Lexico-Grammar

Structure: pack into: đến với sô lượng lớn hoặc lấp đầy chỗ trống

MĐQH ở câu này đã có động từ là "is" rồi nên không thể có thêm động từ "has" nữa

Structure: - look over: kiểm tra, xem xét (chẳng hạn như nhà cửa...)
- look through: xem xét cẩn thận (chẳng hạn như hợp đồng...); look through cũng có nghĩa là xem lướt qua

Structure: - put sb off: đuổi ai đó đi
- put back: để lại (vào chỗ cũ)

Structure: in the newspaper: trên báo

2. She never comes late. I'm impressed by her ............punctuality.................. (punctual)

5. ..........Illiteracy............... was one of the three problems facing the Vietnamese government after the August Revolution in 1945. (literacy)

III. Writing

=> the bank is not taking on staff anymore more staff at the moment

=> Not only did burglars steal a thousand pounds' worth of electrical goods but they also left the flat in an awful mess

=> A lot of men asked her to marry them but she turned off down. (turn down = refuse: từ chối; turn off: tắt, khóa)

-> in order not to get cold, we wore warm clothes

=> my neighbor threatened to call the police

Structure: Câu bị động:
Active: It +tobe + my/ his/ her/ their/ our/ your/ .... + duty + to-V + O
Passive: I/ He/ She/ They/ We/ You/.... + tobe + supposed + to-V + O

=> supposing (that) you failed your driving test, would u take it again?

Structure: deny + V-ing: phủ nhận đã làm gì (đã là dạng phủ định rồi nên không cần thêm "not")

Last edited:
Reactions: vulee4869

Chou Chou

Cựu Mod tiếng Anh
Thành viên
4 Tháng năm 2017
Phú Thọ
THPT Thanh Thủy
@tôi là ai?
I. Phonetics

(câu này không có đáp án)

5. A. rascal / rɑː.skl / B. rasp / rɑːsp / C. plebiscite / plebɪsɪt / D. transition / trænzɪʃən /

Chou Chou

Cựu Mod tiếng Anh
Thành viên
4 Tháng năm 2017
Phú Thọ
THPT Thanh Thủy
@Vi Nguyen

(Câu này không có đáp án)

II. Lexico-Grammar

Structure: pack into: đến với sô lượng lớn hoặc lấp đầy chỗ trống

Structure: Cách viết khác của câu đk loại 3.

Structure: - look over: kiểm tra, xem xét (chẳng hạn như nhà cửa...)
- look through: xem xét cẩn thận (chẳng hạn như hợp đồng...); look through cũng có nghĩa là xem lướt qua

Structure: in the newspaper: trên báo

5. illiteracy......................... was one of the three problems facing the Vietnamese government after the August Revolution in 1945. (literacy)

III. Writing

1. No more staff are being recruited at the bank at the moment. (TAKING)
=> The bank is taking on no more staff at the moment / The bank is not taking on more staff at the moment.

2. Burglars stole a thousand pounds' worth of electrical goods, and left the flat in an awful mess.
=> Not only did burglars steal a thousand pounds' worth of electrical goods but they also left the flat in an awful mess

=> A lot of men asked her to marry them but she turned off down. (turn down = refuse: từ chối; turn off: tắt, khóa)

-> In order not to get cold, we wore warm clothes

=> Supposing that you failed your driving test, would u take it again?

Structure: deny + V-ing: phủ nhận đã làm gì (đã là dạng phủ định rồi nên không cần thêm "not")

Top Bottom