[TA] Những bài luận mẫu theo chủ đề

K

ken_luckykid

[TẶNG BẠN] TRỌN BỘ Bí kíp học tốt 08 môn
Chắc suất Đại học top - Giữ chỗ ngay!!

ĐĂNG BÀI NGAY để cùng trao đổi với các thành viên siêu nhiệt tình & dễ thương trên diễn đàn.

Comment on this statement of Guyau: “After our parents, it is to our teacher that we owe the most”

Generally we bear our parents’ gratefulness in mind but we often forget our teacher’s benefit. Therefore Guyau advised us not to forget our duty towards our teachers by saying: “After our parents it is to our teacher that we owe the most”.

Our parents’ greatest benefit is to give birth to us. At birth we are only feeble and weak creatures needing their support and protection. Our parents have to protect us from dangers. Our mother takes good care of us everyday. When we are sick, she anxiously stays up all night beside our bed. How happy she feels when seeing us getting better and better. The older we grow up, the harder our parents have to work to procure us everything: lodging, food, clothes and school fees.

Not only are our material lives taken care of but also our mental formation is particularly concerned about as well. Mother’s love and tenderness always relieves our sorrow and suffering. She consoles and encourages us in our failures. With his good experiences, father guides us and leads us through our first steps in life.

“Father’s benefit is as high as the Thai Son Mountain.
Mother’s gratitude is as inexhaustible as water from a spring” so runs a Vietnamese adage.

Since our parents spend most of their time taking care of our material lives, they entrust our spiritual formation to our teachers. This mental education is so necessary for us in life. It is the skeleton key which helps us open all doors and the money which provides us with everything we need. Our modern world more and more belongs to the intelligentsia. To reach an expecting situation in society we have to acquire scientific and technical knowledge and who are able to provide us with such knowledge if not our teachers themselves?

Compared with our parents’ benefits, those of our teacher are more important. They train us mentally, physically and morally. Devoted teachers, therefore, always wish their pupils and students would become useful citizens for their society.

Realizing the teacher’s important and hard task of forming and training their pupils and students’ personality, after the Liberty Day our government decided to choose the 20th of November as the Vietnamese Teachers’ Day. On this day, at all schools and universities from country to town, the Teachers’ Day has been celebrated solemnly with a view to memorizing the teacher’s benefits. This is an opportunity for all pupils and students to manifest clearly their gratitude and love towards their beloved teachers. They sing songs glorifying their teachers’ benefits and offer flowers to them. And it is on this occasion that teachers themselves feel more attached to their noble career and they all try their best to overcome all difficulties and obstacles in order to fulfill their sacred mission.

It is obvious that our gratitude towards our teachers is without limits. Let’s try our best to please them and never make them feel disappointed by our bad behavior.
google said:
Bình luận về tuyên bố này của Guyau: "Sau khi cha mẹ của chúng tôi, nó là giáo viên của chúng tôi mà chúng tôi nợ nhiều nhất"

Nói chung chúng ta mang lòng biết ơn cha mẹ của chúng tôi, nhưng chúng ta thường quên lợi ích giáo viên của chúng tôi. Vì vậy Guyau khuyên chúng ta không quên bổn phận của chúng ta đối với giáo viên của chúng tôi bằng cách nói: "Sau khi cha mẹ của chúng tôi là giáo viên của chúng tôi mà chúng tôi nợ nhiều nhất".

Lợi ích lớn nhất của cha mẹ chúng tôi là cung cấp cho sinh chúng tôi. Khi sinh ra, chúng ta chỉ là những sinh vật yếu ớt và yếu cần hỗ trợ và bảo vệ của họ. Cha mẹ chúng tôi phải bảo vệ chúng ta khỏi những nguy hiểm. Mẹ của chúng tôi chăm sóc tốt của chúng tôi hàng ngày. Khi chúng ta bệnh, cô lo lắng vẫn lên cả đêm bên cạnh giường của chúng tôi. Cô cảm thấy hạnh phúc thế nào khi nhìn thấy chúng tôi nhận được tốt hơn và tốt hơn. Càng lớn tuổi chúng ta lớn lên, các khó hơn cha mẹ chúng ta phải làm việc để mua sắm cho chúng tôi tất cả mọi thứ: chỗ ở, thực phẩm, quần áo và học phí.

Không chỉ là tài liệu của chúng tôi cuộc sống đưa về chăm sóc mà còn hình thành tinh thần của chúng tôi đặc biệt quan tâm về là tốt. Tình yêu và sự dịu dàng của mẹ luôn làm giảm nỗi buồn và đau khổ của chúng tôi. Cô an ủi và khuyến khích chúng ta đến thất bại của chúng tôi. Với những kinh nghiệm tốt của mình, hướng dẫn cha chúng ta và dẫn chúng ta thông qua các bước đầu tiên của chúng tôi trong cuộc sống.

"Lợi ích của Cha cao như núi Thái Sơn.
Lòng biết ơn của mẹ là vô tận là nước từ một con suối "để chạy một câu ngạn ngữ Việt Nam.

Kể từ khi cha mẹ của chúng tôi dành phần lớn thời gian chăm sóc của cuộc sống vật chất của chúng tôi, họ phó thác hình thành tinh thần của chúng tôi để các giáo viên của chúng tôi. Giáo dục tinh thần rất cần thiết cho chúng ta trong cuộc sống. Đó là chìa khóa bộ xương giúp chúng ta mở tất cả các cửa ra vào và tiền cung cấp cho chúng tôi với tất cả mọi thứ chúng ta cần. Thế giới hiện đại của chúng tôi nhiều hơn và nhiều hơn nữa thuộc về đội ngũ trí thức. Để đạt được một tình huống hy vọng trong xã hội chúng ta phải tiếp thu kiến ​​thức khoa học kỹ thuật và những người có thể cung cấp cho chúng tôi những kiến ​​thức như vậy nếu không phải là giáo viên của chúng tôi tự?

So với những lợi ích của cha mẹ của chúng tôi, những người của giáo viên của chúng tôi là quan trọng hơn. Họ đào tạo chúng tôi về tinh thần, thể chất và đạo đức. Giáo viên tận tâm, do đó, luôn mong muốn học sinh của mình và học sinh sẽ trở thành công dân có ích cho xã hội của họ.

Nhận thấy nhiệm vụ quan trọng và khó khăn của giáo viên hình thành và đào tạo học sinh của mình và nhân cách của sinh viên, ngay sau ngày Liberty chính phủ của chúng tôi đã quyết định chọn 20 tháng 11 là ngày giáo Việt Nam. Vào ngày này, tại tất cả các trường học và các trường đại học từ nước này sang thị trấn, Ngày Nhà giáo đã được tổ chức trọng thể với một cái nhìn để ghi nhớ những lợi ích của giáo viên. Đây là cơ hội cho tất cả học sinh, sinh viên thể hiện rõ lòng biết ơn và tình yêu của họ đối với nhà giáo yêu quý của họ. Họ hát những bài hát ca ngợi lợi ích giáo viên và hoa cung cấp cho họ. Và đó là lúc này mà bản thân giáo viên cảm thấy gắn bó với sự nghiệp cao quý của họ và tất cả đều cố gắng hết sức mình để vượt qua mọi khó khăn, trở ngại để hoàn thành sứ mệnh thiêng liêng của họ.

Rõ ràng là lòng biết ơn của chúng tôi đối với giáo viên của chúng tôi là không có giới hạn. Hãy cố gắng hết sức để làm hài lòng và không bao giờ làm cho họ cảm thấy thất vọng bởi hành vi xấu của chúng tôi.

K

ken_luckykid

Talk about your teacher of English

Miss Wilde is our teacher of English this term. She has been teaching in our school for three years ever since her return from London, but I have never attended her classes before.

She is rather tall for a lady, about twenty-four years of age, and I find her really slender. She puts on a little make up in very discreet manner. Though young and attractive in appearance, she is dignified and reserved. She is some what strict at times, but never too severe or stern. Her patience is wonderful she will never give up explaining until every one of us understands.

Her method of teaching differs somewhat from that of our former teacher. She pays much attention in correcting our pronunciation and drills us in expressing ourselves in short English sentences. At the end of each lesson, she gives us assignments and lets us work out ourselves. Her method means more work for us to do in the evening, as we have to consult the dictionary again and again; but this help us to remember the new words and phrases and we feel that we have been making rapid progress.

Though my teacher is sometimes severe, yet her kindness and gentility always commands our respect.

Nói về giáo viên tiếng Anh của bạn

Hoa hậu Wilde là giáo viên tiếng Anh của chúng ta về thuật ngữ này. Cô đã được giảng dạy trong trường học của chúng tôi trong ba năm kể từ khi cô trở về từ London, nhưng tôi chưa bao giờ tham dự các lớp học của cô trước khi.

Cô ấy là khá cao đối với một phụ nữ, khoảng 24 tuổi, và tôi tìm thấy cô ấy thực sự mảnh mai. Cô ấy đặt trên một chút theo cách rất kín đáo. Mặc dù trẻ và hấp dẫn về ngoại hình, cô ấy xứng đáng. Cô là một số những gì nghiêm ngặt ở lần, nhưng không bao giờ quá nghiêm trọng hoặc nghiêm khắc. Kiên nhẫn của cô ấy là tuyệt vời cô ấy sẽ không bao giờ từ bỏ giải thích cho đến khi mỗi người chúng ta hiểu.

Phương pháp giảng dạy của cô khác nhau một chút từ của cựu giáo viên của chúng tôi. Cô trả rất nhiều sự chú ý trong việc điều chỉnh phát âm của chúng tôi và cuộc tập trận chúng tôi trong việc thể hiện bản thân mình trong câu ngắn tiếng Anh. Vào cuối của mỗi bài học, cô cho chúng ta bài tập và cho phép chúng tôi làm việc ra chính mình. Phương pháp của bà có nghĩa là làm việc nhiều hơn để chúng tôi làm vào buổi tối, như chúng tôi đã tham khảo ý kiến từ điển một lần nữa và một lần nữa, nhưng điều này giúp chúng tôi nhớ các từ và cụm từ mới và chúng tôi cảm thấy rằng chúng tôi đã làm cho tiến bộ nhanh chóng.

Mặc dù giáo viên của tôi đôi khi nghiêm khắc, nhưng lòng tốt và tên loại cô luôn luôn sự tôn trọng của chúng tôi.

K

ken_luckykid

How can I become the person I want to be?

Since my childhood I have always kept a sweet memory about my father. To me, the image of my father where he stood in front of a Frenchman, speaking French fluently many years ago made a deep impression in my mind and from that time on I have dreamt of becoming a good teacher of a foreign language like my father.

How can I become the person I want to be? To attain this aim, I must be consistent and determined. Consistency and determination are vital factors leading me to my success. Therefore, I am always determined to my success and I devote all my time to my study. My knowledge is not good and sufficient enough, so I have to read more books on every aspect. No famous authors, writers or poets become well – versed in their research without any experiences from their predecessors. “Where there is a will there is a way”. After many years of hard study, I have been able to read all kinds of books without any difficulties.

A good teacher, in my opinion, is just like a good actor on the stage. To reach this aim, I should acquire a good, strong and convincing voice and a lively gesture. Watch a teacher explaining a lesson in front of his students; he never stands motionless on the teaching platform. He goes up and down, using his fingers, hands and arms to express his feelings and emotions. His voice which is now sonorous and now high-soaring attracts his students’ attention. They keep as silent as graves and give their whole mind to their teacher’s lecture. But when the practice time comes, they become restless and animated. They take an active part in the practice. They ask questions and answer the ones put by their teacher. If they do not understand something they promptly ask him; and he must satisfy their inquisitiveness.

Thus the teacher must be well – experienced and erudite. In this ways, if I want to become a profound and experienced teacher, I should read more good books, learn more experiences from my teachers and friends and never be tired of collecting as much knowledge as possible. “Live and learn” and “Little knowledge is a dangerous thing” are famous sayings which urge me to be more active, diligent and zealous in my study.

Then being a good teacher I must have an immense love for my students and forgive them for their mistakes. I must be patient and aware of every situation of my students to encourage them and help them with their learning.

With my consistency, patience, modesty and zeal for knowledge, I hope that upon graduating from university I will become a good teacher capable of guiding my students to every success in their lives.

Làm thế nào tôi có thể trở thành người mà tôi muốn trở thành?

Kể từ thời thơ ấu của tôi, tôi đã luôn luôn giữ một ký ức ngọt ngào về cha tôi. Với tôi, hình ảnh của cha tôi, nơi ông đứng ở phía trước của một người Pháp, nói tiếng Pháp trôi chảy nhiều năm trước đã gây ấn tượng sâu sắc trong tâm trí của tôi và từ thời điểm đó, tôi không mơ ước trở thành một giáo viên giỏi của một ngôn ngữ nước ngoài như cha tôi .

Làm thế nào tôi có thể trở thành người mà tôi muốn trở thành? Để đạt được mục tiêu này, tôi phải phù hợp và xác định. Tính thống nhất và xác định là những yếu tố quan trọng dẫn tôi đến thành công của tôi. Vì vậy, tôi luôn xác định cho sự thành công của tôi và tôi dành tất cả thời gian để nghiên cứu của tôi. Kiến thức của tôi là không tốt và đủ đủ, vì vậy tôi phải đọc thêm sách về mọi khía cạnh. Không có tác giả nổi tiếng, nhà văn hoặc nhà thơ trở nên thành thạo trong nghiên cứu của họ mà không có bất kỳ kinh nghiệm từ người tiền nhiệm của họ. "Nơi nào có ý chí có một cách". Sau nhiều năm nghiên cứu khó khăn, tôi đã có thể đọc tất cả các loại sách mà không có bất kỳ khó khăn.

Một giáo viên tốt, theo ý kiến ​​của tôi, giống như một diễn viên giỏi trên sân khấu. Để đạt được mục tiêu này, tôi cần phải có được một giọng nói tốt, mạnh mẽ và có sức thuyết phục và cử chỉ vui vẻ. Xem một giáo viên giải thích một bài học trước sinh viên của ông, ông không bao giờ đứng bất động trên nền tảng giảng dạy. Ông đi lên và xuống, bằng cách sử dụng ngón tay, bàn tay và cánh tay để thể hiện cảm xúc và cảm xúc của mình. Giọng nói của ông mà bây giờ đã vang xa và cao bay bổng thu hút sự chú ý của sinh viên của mình. Họ giữ im lặng như mộ và cho tâm trí toàn bộ bài giảng của giáo viên của họ. Nhưng khi thời gian luyện tập, họ trở nên bồn chồn và hoạt hình. Họ tham gia tích cực trong thực tế. Họ đặt câu hỏi và trả lời những người đưa giáo viên của họ. Nếu họ không hiểu điều gì đó họ kịp thời yêu cầu anh ta, và anh ta phải thỏa mãn tính tò mò của họ.

Do đó, giáo viên phải có kinh nghiệm và uyên bác. Trong cách này, nếu tôi muốn trở thành một giáo viên sâu sắc và giàu kinh nghiệm, tôi nên đọc sách tốt hơn, học hỏi kinh nghiệm từ các giáo viên và bạn bè của tôi và không bao giờ được mệt mỏi thu thập kiến ​​thức càng nhiều càng tốt. "Sống và học" và "Ít kiến ​​thức là một điều nguy hiểm" là câu nói nổi tiếng thúc giục tôi chủ động hơn, siêng năng và nhiệt thành trong việc học tập.

Sau đó, là một giáo viên tốt, tôi phải có một tình yêu bao la dành cho sinh viên của tôi và tha thứ cho những sai lầm của họ. Tôi phải kiên nhẫn và nhận thức của mọi tình huống học sinh của tôi để khuyến khích họ và giúp họ với việc học tập của mình.

Với sự khiêm tốn của tôi, nhất quán, kiên nhẫn và lòng nhiệt thành cho kiến ​​thức, tôi hy vọng rằng sau khi tốt nghiệp đại học, tôi sẽ trở thành một giáo viên giỏi có khả năng hướng dẫn các sinh viên của tôi thành công trong cuộc sống của họ.

K

ken_luckykid

A picnic I enjoyed

The outline:
1. When? Where?
2. Who went along?
3. How much I enjoyed
4. The end

One day, a few of my friends and I went on a picnic to Minyak Beku, a small interesting place on the coast of Malaya.

Minyak Beku is about five miles from Batu Pahat, a well known town in the state of Johore in Malaya. There is a small ancient fort at the entrance to Minyak Beku. The beach at Minyak Beku is beautiful, and there is an iron mine near by.

We arrived at that place in the morning. After getting out of the bus, we separated into different groups and looked for shady places to spend the day.

Soon, most of us went swimming. While in the water, we were playing a few interesting games. Those who were on the beach were playing other games. Some of them even sang songs and danced. There were still others who were interested in nothing, except picking shells.

In short, everyone enjoyed the trip. In the evening, we returned home in our bus, thinking of the fun we had had at that place. I enjoyed the trip so much.

Một cuộc dã ngoại tôi rất thích

Khái quát:
1. Khi nào? Ở đâu?
2. Ai là người đi cùng?
3. Tôi rất thích bao nhiêu
4. Sự kết thúc

Một ngày, một vài người bạn của tôi và tôi đã đi dã ngoại Minyak Beku, nhỏ thú vị diễn ra trên bờ biển của Malaya.

Minyak Beku khoảng năm dặm từ Batu Pahat, một thị trấn nổi tiếng trong tiểu bang Johore Malaya. Có là một pháo đài cổ nhỏ ở lối vào Minyak Beku. Các bãi biển ở Minyak Beku là đẹp, và có một mỏ sắt gần đó.

Chúng tôi đến nơi đó vào buổi sáng. Sau khi nhận được ra khỏi xe buýt, chúng tôi chia thành các nhóm khác nhau và tìm kiếm những nơi bóng mát để chi tiêu trong ngày.

Ngay sau đó, hầu hết chúng ta đi bơi. Trong khi ở trong nước, chúng tôi đã chơi một vài trò chơi thú vị. Những người trên bãi biển đã được chơi trò chơi khác. Một số người trong số họ thậm chí còn hát những bài hát và nhảy múa. Vẫn còn có những người khác đã được quan tâm đến trong không có gì, ngoại trừ chọn vỏ.

Tóm lại, tất cả mọi người rất thích chuyến đi. Vào buổi tối, chúng tôi trở về nhà trong xe buýt của chúng tôi, suy nghĩ của những niềm vui mà chúng ta đã có tại nơi đó. Tôi rất thích chuyến đi rất nhiều.

K

ken_luckykid

My best friend

The outline:
1. Who? His name, race, etc.
2. His habits, abilities, etc.
3. Why I like him
4. the end

I have many friends of several races. But my best friend is a Chinese boy whose name is Ah Chong.

Ah Chong’s father is a carpenter. His mother looks after their small shop. They are very hard-working people. They are also very kind to me.

We are in the same class. He sometimes helps me in my lessons. I too sometimes help him to understand and learn a few difficult lessons.

After school, Ah Chong and I play some games. Sometimes we go out to catch some fish or birds which we really enjoy catching. We often return home very late after our hunting trips and our parents scold us severely. But Ah Chong and I are so interested in this kind of hunting that we cannot give it up.

Indeed, I enjoy Ah Chong’s company very much.

Người bạn tốt nhất của tôi

Khái quát:
1. Ai? Tên, chủng tộc của ông,
2. Thói quen của mình, khả năng, ...
3. Tại sao tôi thích anh ấy
4. cuối cùng

Tôi có nhiều bạn bè của vài cuộc đua. Tuy nhiên, người bạn tốt nhất của tôi là một cậu bé Trung Quốc có tên là Ah Chong.

Ah Chong của cha là một người thợ mộc. Mẹ tìm sau khi cửa hàng nhỏ của họ. Họ là những người rất khó làm việc. Họ cũng rất tốt với tôi.

Chúng tôi là trong cùng một lớp. Ông đôi khi giúp tôi trong các bài học của tôi. Tôi cũng đôi khi giúp anh ta để hiểu và học hỏi một vài bài học khó khăn.

Sau giờ học, Ah Chong và chơi một số trò chơi. Đôi khi chúng tôi đi ra ngoài để bắt một số cá hoặc các loài chim mà chúng tôi thực sự thích bắt. Chúng tôi thường trở về nhà rất muộn sau khi chuyến đi săn của chúng tôi và cha mẹ của chúng tôi la mắng chúng tôi nghiêm trọng. Nhưng Ah Chong và tôi rất quan tâm đến loại săn bắn chúng ta không thể cung cấp cho nó.

Thật vậy, tôi tận hưởng công ty Ah Chong rất nhiều.

K

ken_luckykid

Describe your schoolmates and whom do you like best.

I have many schoolmates, but Tom is the one I like best of all. He is the biggest boy in class. He is about fourteen years old, his shoulders are broad. He is good as one can see when he smiles. I already know several of my classmates. Another one I like too is named George. He wears chocolate-colored trousers and a catkin cap. He is always jolly. There is little John, a poor hunchback, a weak boy with a thin face. Near him is Edwin who is very well-dressed. On the bench in front of me, there is a boy who is called Jake. His face is as round with a small nose. He possesses a special talent; he knows how to make a hare’s face and they all get him to do it and then they laugh.

And there is another curious fellow – my neighbor on the left Jack – small and thick set, with no neck, a gruff fellow, who speaks to no one, and doesn’t seem to understand much but stands watching the master without winking, his brow lined with wrinkles, and his teeth set and if he is questioned when the master is speaking, he make no reply the first and the third time he gives a kick.

And beside him there is a bold, cunning face belonging to a boy named Peter, who has already been expelled from another school. There are, in addition, two brothers who are dressed exactly alike who resemble each other to a hair.

But the most handsome of all, the one who has the most talent, who will surely be the head this year also, is Edward.

Truly I like Edward, the son of the blacksmith, the one with the long jacket who seems sickly and pitiful. It is said that his father often beats him so he is very timid and every time that he addresses or touches someone, he says “Excuse me” and gazes them with his kind, sad eyes. But Tom the biggest is the best of all, I think.

Mô tả bạn học của bạn và bạn mà thích nhất.

Tôi có nhiều bạn học, nhưng Tom là một trong những tôi thích nhất của tất cả. Anh chính là người lớn nhất trong lớp. Ông là khoảng mười bốn tuổi, vai rộng. Ông là tốt như người ta có thể thấy khi anh ấy cười. Tôi đã biết một số bạn học của tôi. Một số khác tôi thích quá được đặt tên là George. Ông mặc quần dài màu sô-cô-la và nắp một cây hồ đào. Ông là luôn luôn vui vẻ. Có rất ít John, gù nghèo, một cậu bé yếu với một khuôn mặt mỏng. Ngay gần đó là Edwin người rất tốt mặc quần áo. Trên băng ghế dự bị trước mặt tôi, có một cậu bé được gọi là Jake. Khuôn mặt của ông tròn với một cái mũi nhỏ. Ông sở hữu một tài năng đặc biệt, ông biết làm thế nào để làm cho khuôn mặt của một con thỏ rừng và tất cả họ đều có được anh ta để làm điều đó và sau đó họ cười.

Và có một đồng nghiệp tò mò khác - hàng xóm của tôi trên Jack trái - nhỏ và dày rậm, không có cổ, một đồng nghiệp thô lỗ, nói không có ai, và dường như không hiểu nhiều nhưng vẫn đứng xem là bậc thầy mà không nháy mắt, trán lót với các nếp nhăn, và răng của ông thiết lập và nếu anh ta đặt câu hỏi khi các thầy đang nói, ông không trả lời đầu tiên và lần thứ ba, ông cho một cú đá.

Và bên cạnh anh có một khuôn mặt xảo quyệt đậm thuộc về một cậu bé tên là Peter, người đã bị trục xuất khỏi trường khác. Có, ngoài ra, hai anh em những người mặc áo hoàn toàn giống nhau nhau để một mái tóc giống.

Tuy nhiên, người đẹp trai nhất của tất cả, một trong những người có tài năng nhất, những người chắc chắn sẽ là người đứng đầu trong năm nay cũng là Edward.

Quả thật, ta thích Edward, con trai của một thợ rèn, là với những chiếc áo khoác dài có vẻ ốm yếu và đáng thương. Người ta nói rằng cha mình thường đánh bại anh ta vì vậy anh ấy rất nhút nhát và mỗi thời gian đó ông địa chỉ hoặc chạm vào một người nào đó, ông nói "Xin lỗi" và cái nhìn chúng với các loại của mình, đôi mắt buồn. Nhưng Tom lớn nhất là tốt nhất của tất cả, tôi nghĩ.

K

ken_luckykid

Tell about your hobby in free time.

My hobby is stamp colleting. When I was still only a baby, my mother began to collect for me. Of course, she did not let me touch the stamps until I was old enough not to spoil them. I remember that it was on my fifteenth birthday that she first put them into my hands. They were in four fat books, but since that time I have added three more, so that now I have a bigger collection than any of my friends.

How do I get my stamps? I have never bought a single one from a shop -- so my collection has really cost me nothing. My father, who works in a big office, sometimes brings me home stamps from many countries of the world. And I have friends both here and in other lands who send me stamps in return for ones which I send to them.

Now that I am working for my living, I do not have as much time as before to spend on my stamps. But in the evenings, what can be better than to sit down at a table with my precious books, arranging new stamps in them, writing in the names of countries, or, if I am too tired, only looking through the stamps already in the books? Each stamp has a story to tell me of far countries and strange peoples. I see pictures of men and women, birds and animals that I have never seen. Kings and presidents pass before my eyes, and I can follow the history of nations -- I can see Hitler's Germany spreading over Europe and then suddenly breaking into pieces; Pakistan is born before my eyes; countries rise and countries fall - and the whole time I remain comfortably in my armchair at home.

But my stamp collection does not make me think only of the past. Just as my mother collected for me, so I, too, am collecting for my future child. What better way will there be of interesting him in history, geography and languages, and of making these subjects live for him instead of being only things in school books? If I pass my hobby on to him, he will bless me for it as I have blessed my mother for her wise action.

K

ken_luckykid

Your favorite hobby

Everybody has his or her own hobby. For me, my favorite hobby is reading books.

My father was not only a writer but a researcher as well. He had a great collection of books on many fields: literature, science, art, fiction and non-fiction. After his death, I inherited the most valuable treasure which has been preserved carefully up to now.

As I have a large collection of books of my own now, I usually spend hours reading and thinking about facts described in each kind of books. Sitting comfortably in an arm-chair in the library with a book open on my knee, I recall my father who was absorbed in his reading, perusing the poems of John Keats, William Words Worth, Chateaubriand and Lamartine. I still hear his sonorous voice reciting rhythmical lines of poems in Kim Van Kieu’s story while his face was radiant with ecstasy and raptures.

Through books I see many countries rise and fall. Kings and Presidents pass before my eyes and I can follow the history of nations. Each book has a story to tell me of remote countries and strange people.

I am greatly indebted to books indeed. For me a good book is not only a true companion but also a well-experienced teacher guiding me through my life. It has the miracle to relieve my suffering and my hardship and reveal to me strange and new horizons.

Reading books broadens my mind and improves my knowledge. Instead of indulging myself in futile entertainments, I am often keen on reading books which are always a source of comfort and relief to me and I am determined to preserve my father’s valuable treasure for my posterity.

In a few words, the reading of books contributes to the moral and intellectual formation of a man’s personality.

K

ken_luckykid

Talk about the country you would like to visit.

I have heard much about the beauty of the East as well as the West, about the wonderful islands in the Pacific and also in the Atlantic. In short, the whole world seems to be full of beautiful places. The country that I would like to visit, however, is the United States of America.

My knowledge of the United States of America is derived from the geography and history books that I have read, the films that I have seen and the stories that I have heard from people who have visited this country.

The United States of America is a vast country with a mixed population. People from many different lands have come and settled here. This mixture of different races of people with different customs, religions, cultures and abilities have created a nation unique in history. Although this country has a very short history compared with that of the other large countries in the world, it is an example to the world of how people of different races could live together in peace and harmony. The exchange of ideas among the people of so many racial origins here has contributed greatly to the progress and prosperity of the nation. There are world famous scientists, doctors, lawyers, engineers, teachers and politicians whose original homes were in many different lands. The work of such men has made this country a wonderful land indeed. The roads, buildings and cinemas here may be said to be the best in the world. There are many places and things of interest such as Hollywood, the United Nations building, Niagara Falls and the sky-scrapers. Even the natural vegetation and features are rich in variety. If one travels across the land, one will find different kinds of scenery in different places. Further, as the people here still follow their original customs and traditions, one will also have the feeling that one is passing through many different countries.

The people of the United States are proud of their country, for it was their country that gave the modern world ideas of freedom. The name of Abraham Lincoln will always be remembered by those who believe in the freedom of men. It was the United States, again, who saved the world from destruction in two world wars. Such a country must be a wonderful land, and it is for this reason that I would like to visit this country some day.

K

ken_luckykid

The advantages and disadvantages in teaching English to Adult Learners
(Những lợi thế và bất lợi trong việc giảng dạy tiếng Anh cho học viên dành cho người lớn)

The advantages and disadvantages in teaching English to Adult Learners in the Current Situation in Vietnam

A brief look at the current English language teaching and learning context in Vietnam will show that the demand for English learning is very great. This is clearly seen in the multitude of institutions and centers that offer English courses as well as in the great number of learners who go to English classes. Among these learners adult learners form a big special group. Due to some of their characteristics the teaching of English to this group of adult learners has some advantages and disadvantages as follows.

The first advantage is that adult learners have some degree of extrinsic motivation. They may study English for a variety of reasons but they all do so because they want to or need to. For some students, the motivation may be in the form of integrative motivation because they wish to integrate themselves into the culture of an English-speaking country like Britain, America, Canada or Australia. For others, the motivation is instrumental in the sense that the mastery of the English language is seen as an instrument that can bring them a better job or position. When these adult students go to class with some motivation they are easier to teach than those who bring no motivation to the classroom.

The second advantage is that adult students can transfer those study skills and learning strategies they have acquired in their first language to their study of English. Unlike children and adolescents, adults are autonomous in some way. They have finished their studies or have undertaken at least some in their own language, so they must have gained some basic skills like reading, summarizing, identifying and applying formulae and information and such critical thinking skills as analyzing, synthesizing, hypothesizing, speculating, etc. Moreover, they may also have some well-established strategies for learning. Therefore, the English language teacher can make his job easier by creating conditions for adult students to reactivate these study skills and learning strategies and apply them to their study of a new language.

One more advantage is that adult learners can make use of whatever kind of knowledge they have accumulated in their own language. Again this advantage cannot be seen in other groups of learners like children and adolescents. First, adult learners have extensive experience of using a language, which is their mother tongue. Now that they start learning English, they can remember the new langue system better by making use of what they know about their own language. It is not uncommon to see learners comparing and contrasting their first language with the foreign language they are learning to find out areas in which the two languages are different or similar so that they can learn the new language more quickly. Second, adult students’ life experience, world knowledge and specialist knowledge can contribute much to their learning a foreign language. It can help them a lot when they have to read about or discuss complex or controversial topics in English. So the English teacher can engage adult learners more easily if he knows how to tap the knowledge they have gained over time.

On the contrary, there are some disadvantages to the teaching of English to adult students as well. The first disadvantage is that English learning makes a strong demand on adult learners in terms of time. As a matter of fact, it is really difficult for adult students to make time to learn English. As most institutions and centers teach English in the evening adult students have to study after work. Three one-hour-and-a-half sessions or three three-hour sessions a week seem not to add up to a lot of time but not all adult students can manage to set aside that much time for study purposes. The simple reason is that they all have their own lives to live outside the classroom or they all have other commitments in life than learning English. As a result, some students fail to invest as much time and effort in learning as they should. Of course, teachers will have difficulty in monitoring the performance and progress of those students who cannot attend class regularly.

Another factor that can interfere with or even impede adult students’ learning English is their fear of failure and frustration with lack of progress. As can be seen, some adult students are very successful professionals or have a high status at their work place. And now, at school they are just normal students coping with tasks, assignments, examinations, etc. as they have been successful in their career, they do not want to fail to achieve their desired goal of mastering English. They may therefore put themselves under unnecessary stress if they do not give themselves enough time to achieve their goals or if they set themselves unrealistic goals. Other students may be hard on themselves in a different way. For example, adult intermediate and advanced students, those who already know a lot, may find progress difficult to perceive. In this case, the teacher has more work to do: they must help these students get the level of challenge right or view success in a broader sense.

In addition, the lack of well-qualified teachers and the poor physical conditions of the classrooms at some English language schools and centers can be damaging to student motivation. Currently, in Vietnam a great number of institutions and centers provide English courses and they range form universities and their satellite centers, joint-venture centers, privately-owned centers to privately-run home-based classes. Such proliferation of schools and centers is useful in the sense that it offers students a wide variety of programs to choose from. However, because of a lack of quality control, the reality of some schools and centers may fall short of student expectations. Some teachers are untrained or inexperienced, delivering boring or uninteresting lessons; the physical classroom conditions and resources for learning are just basic. All this cannot of course supply students in general and adult students in particular with any intrinsic motivation, a crucial factor for successful language learning.

In general, this analysis of the current teaching context for adult learners of English in Vietnam in general and of the characteristics of this group of learners in particular partly reflects the increasing need for English language learning and mainly shows the advantages and disadvantages that adult students have in their English study. Both teachers and students need to be aware of these findings of the analysis so that they can find ways to maximize the advantages and minimize the disadvantages. Only in this way can teachers deliver quality English language programs for students to benefit from.

K

ken_luckykid

Why I want to learn English
The outline:
1. The beginning
2. How important it is
3. How much it is used – Why?
4. How it helps us
5. The end

English is considered to be the most common and important language of the world today. A great number of people understand and use English in every part of the world.

English is the most useful language. Being good at English, we can travel to any place or any country we like. We shall not find it hard to make others understand what we wish to say.

English also helps us to learn all kinds of subjects. Hundreds of books are written in English every day in all countries to teach people useful things. The English language has therefore helped to spread ideas and knowledge to all the corners of the world. There is no subject that cannot be learned in the English language.

As English is used so much everywhere in the world, it has helped to make countries of the world become friendlier with one another. The leaders of the world use English to understand one another. The English language has therefore spread better understanding and friendship among countries of the world.

Lastly, as a person who knows English easily get more knowledge from many parts of the world, he or she is respected by people. It is for all these reasons that I want to learn English.

K

ken_luckykid

Why are good books good teachers and friends?

It is often said: “Tell me what you are reading and I will tell you who you are”.

For me, a good book is always a good teacher guiding me through life as well as a true companion encouraging me and consulting me in my desperate straits.

In fact, interesting books are a source of invaluable knowledge to those who want to master everything they haven’t known before. Through masterpieces all over the world we can realize the whole outstanding culture and civilization of mankind in every aspect: literature, science, sociology, anthropology, technology and economics.

Nobody denies the important role of good books in developing man’s knowledge. The more we read valuable books the more we become wise and experienced. By reading books, we can get rid of all prejudices and narrow-mindedness. We can no longer live in The Ivory Tower like a recluse and therefore we can get along with other people around us easily.

Next, good books are true companions who always share our joys and sorrows in our daily activities. Are you in low spirits and disappointed in your affairs? Read wise advice through books by profound scholars and authors. Are you sad? Read subtle humorous stories of well-known humorists in the world. All your sorrows and disappointments will vanish at once.

In summary, good books help us train our personality. They help us distinguish the Good from the Bad and they lead us to the True, the Good and the Beautiful.

K

ken_luckykid

A mystery

Note: Sleeping in my room – Something fell on the floor – Woke up – Switched on light – Saw large snake on my table – Screamed – Father came from his room – Killed snake – Took it out of room – Relieved

While I was asleep in my room one night, something suddenly fell on the floor. It made such a loud noise that I woke up at once.

I then switched on the light in my room. To my horror, I saw a large snake on the table. The snake was now still, perhaps unable to see clearly in the brightness of the light to go out of the room.

I was so frightened that I began to scream. Hearing the scream, my father came rushing from his room. Seeing the snake, my father quickly began to strike at it with a stick that was in my room.

When my father was sure that the snake was dead, he took it out of the room and threw it into the bush behind our house.

I was now relieved and went back to sleep. But how the snake had entered my room still remains a mystery.

K

ken_luckykid

The advantages and disadvantages of television

Nowadays many people all over the world spent most of their free time watching television; but since its appearance, television has brought to man many advantages as well as disadvantages.

First, television plays an important role in our daily activities: it keeps us informed of all current affairs in the world. Events through television are more vivid than those through books and magazines.

Second, television helps us enrich our spiritual lives. Our knowledge is broadened in many ways. Through language teaching programs, we can learn the language we like such as: English, French, German, Chinese, Japanese and so on. We can become skilful and clever at doing jobs, making cakes or arranging flowers through practical courses taught on television.

Finally, television is a source of recreation. Humorous stories and funny films bring us minutes of relaxation after a hard day’s work. For me, sitting comfortably in an arm-chair to watch an international football match on television is more interesting than having to queue for tickets at a crowded stadium.

Apart from its advantages, however, television also brings lots of disadvantages to viewers too.

First, television viewers gradually become passive in their action. Television may be a splendid media of communication, but it prevents us from communicating with each other or with the outer world. The world seen through television is only the restricted one: It separates us from the real world.

Second, television, with its fascinating power, makes people of all ages sink into oblivion: whole generations are growing up addicted to the telly. Pupils and students are so absorbed in television that they neglect their school activities. Food is left uneaten, homework undone and lessons unprepared. Housewives are so keen on watching television that they neglect their duties toward their husbands and their children. Instead of watching television, we may use the time for a real family hour. Without the distraction of television, we may sit around together after dinner and actually talk to one another to know and like each other better.

Finally, the evil influence of television on the young generation is inevitable; it encourages them to commit crimes. Spectacles of sadism and violence on television lead them to robbery, theft, rape and murder.

In a nutshell, television is useful to us when we know how to use it: Be careful not to overindulge ourselves in it and use it in a discerning manner.

K

ken_luckykid

A vivid dream
(Một giấc mơ sống động)

I could not sleep. I kept remembering about the awful fright I had had that day. I kept wishing that Aunt Mariam would not tell Mom that I had been to the huge, old house down the hill.

I remembered walking down the winding path through the thick woods, hot tears streaming down my cheeks. I kept thinking of Mom cooing softly down at my born baby brother and then turning sharply to scold me for forgetting to do my chores. The rain drops from the drizzle washed my tears. The ground was already wet as it had rained earlier. I slipped many times as I made my way through the winding track to the huge, burnt house.

I was panting by the time I reached the front gate of the house. It stood like an empty sheel, black and burnt from that fire long ago. There was an eerie silence about the place secluded from all sides by tall menacing trees. Only my heart throbbed away as I recalled the village children telling tales of the house being haunted by a girl and her brother who had died in the fire.

It was very dark inside. I groped around for a while to get used to the dark. The place smelt of dampness and mildew. I stood in the middle of the massive, empty hall and stared at the dusty ruin and decay that had gathered. The place was full of dark, shadowed corners covered with cobwebs. I noticed that the left wing of the house was untouched by the fire. I made my way lightly through the debris toward the left of the house.

This room was surprisingly bright. All around there were oil painted canvasses, some hung, others covered with white sheets. I uncovered one to find a water color painting of a girl of about my age, standing pensively, grinning widely by a fountain. It was the sad, wistful look in those expressive eyes that held my attention for a long while. Then carefully I covered it. I was about to uncover another when a dark shadow crossed the room.

I looked up sharply in the dim light. Holding my breath I moved back slowly without turning around. I almost expected a vampire to come out among the shadows. There it was again, huge black wings flapped towards me, screeding loudly. I lifted my sweaty palms to cover my eyes, swung myself around and cowered on the floor.

Lightning flashed into the dimness of the room, thunder cracked through the walls. I got up slowly. Something must have hit my head when I swung around. There was an awful lump at the side of my head; it throbbed painfully.

Outside it was raining heavily and the wind howled loudly. There was something else too. I smelt something strange. It was smoke!

The house was on fire again. From inside the room I could see tongues of red flares. I looked around desperately. Lightning flashed again. Then before me was a rocking horse and a cot on fire. I stood there not knowing what to do. Then the fire went out.

Before me was the burnt remains of the cot and as I gazed, I was horrified to see what looked like the charred remains of a baby boy, black and lifeless.

I sat up, breathing hard, clutching my blanket. Looking around the familiar sights, I sprang out of bed to my parents’ bedroom. There he was, my baby brother sleeping soundly; but my parents were not there. I still smelt smoke and heard fire crackling. I walked into the living room and there it was – the fire.

Across the road, the shop-houses were on fire. I stood there, clutching my mother’s hand watching the firemen do battle with the blazing monster for a long while. Then my mom carried me back to bed and tucked me into bed again.

K

ken_luckykid

Why we should study science

The outline:
1. The beginning
2. Importance of Science
3. How it has helped
4. Changes in our homes, etc.
5. The end

Science has brought many changes in the world today. It is used in all the corners of the world for the benefit of man.

The motor-car or the electric lamp that we use today was not known to people who lived generations ago. Owing to the use of Science the people of today are able to do many things with ease and comfort. Travel has become very easy. So men’s activity has increased greatly.

Science has also been used to treat the sick and the sounded. As a result, people can now live a longer life than their ancestors could. Even the most serious diseases do not frighten people so much as they did before.

Further, Science has made it possible for people to sit at home and see the world around. The television, the newspaper and color books help millions of people to learn at home. The radio too has done much to teach and inform people in all parts of the world.

It is therefore necessary for us to learn Science, if we wish to enjoy greater comforts.

K

ken_luckykid

What can we do to protect our enviroment?

Enviroment is the most important thing for our life. Enviroment is the air we breath, the water we drink and is everything we need for our life. But now that most important thing for our life is being polluted and by many different ways. This pollution affects the health of living things. Air is damaged by car and lorry fumes, and power stations create acid rain which destroys entire forests and lakes. When fossil fuels i.e. oil, gas and coal are burned to provide energy for lighting, cooking etc. they form polluting gases. Not only on land but also in the sea, oils spills pollute sea water and kill marine life; chemical waste from factories and sewage works, and artificial fertilisers from farmland, pollute river water, killing wildlife and spreading disease. Everything is being caused by human’s existence. Humans create such a lot of rubbish! Each household produces about 1 tonne of rubbish every year! Most of this is taken away by dustmen and buried in enormous landfill sites or burned in incinerators - both of these actions can be dangerous for the environment.

But only we can change it and solve it. Pollution can be prevented by thing we do everyday. First we can use recycled paper to help save trees. Second try to avoid buying plastic. It's hard to recycle. One way to cut down on plastic is to refuse to use carrier bags. If we can’t avoid buying plastic bags, we should use re-use plastic bags over and over again, until they wear out. Finally we should take your old clothes to charity shops, some are sold. To protect environment we also have to save energy. Use less energy by switching off lights when rooms are not in use, not wasting water; don’t forget to switch off all electric things when they are not in use, use a bicycle or walk instead of using a car for short trips we can save energy, keep clean atmosphere and keep healthy life. Lighting accounts for 10 percent to 15 percent of the electricity bill. However, this amount can be reduced by replacing an ordinary 100-watt light bulb with an energy-saving bulb and we still trying to invent the new thing to save money as well as conserve the Earth’s resources.

Keep clean environment isn’t only all ways are mentioned before but also to protect natural resources. That is the way to conserver wild life. First we need to conserve the old forest, rainforest, build more safari and national park, and plant more trees to make place to live for wild animals. Second we need to prohibit hunters who hunt animals too many out of the law allowance.

Finally, we now know that enviroment is the most important thing for life and we know how to protect and use it scientifically. Everyday we invent and find more and more way to protect enviroment. I hope that in the future the earth will be cleaner.

K

ken_luckykid

Recalling my first day at school

I am a Primary Six student in De La Salle School. I enjoy going to school because I have many friends. However, I still remember how frightened and lonely I felt on my first day at school.

That morning, my mother drove me to school. I felt frightened when I saw so many students running about in the school field.

I joined a queue and was brought into Class 1A by my teacher, Mrs. Devi. I was in tears when my mother left. Many of my class-mates were also crying and Mrs. Devil had a hard time pacifying us. She played some games with us to make us talk about ourselves. Soon, I got to know a few friends.

Suddenly, we heard a bell ringing loudly and we started packing our things. However, Mrs. Devi told us it was only a break and led us to the canteen. I was glad to see my mother waiting for me with a bowl of prawn noodles. As I ate, I told her about my new friends.

After recess, another teacher came into our class and we sang nursery rhymes.

At the end of the day, I was no longer frightened or lonely. My parents were glad when I told them I was looking forward to going to school the next day.

K

ken_luckykid

Describe your first day at school as a child

There are such moving incidents in our lives that we can never forget. As for me, the most remarkable event in my life is the memory of my first day at school.

That morning, after waking me up earlier than usual, my mother helped me wash my face and get dressed. The school things bought by my mother the previous day were put carefully in the new brown leather schoolbag.

On the way to school, my mother tenderly held my hand and looked at me fondly. The road to school now seemed quite strange to me although in my childhood I rambled along it so many times! The other children of my own age, in new clothes like me, were timidly accompanied by their parents to school. A strange and inexplicable feeling bloomed in my heart. Then I had a feeling of worry and fear when I caught sight of the imposing and gigantic elementary school in front of me: It looked so majestic in its new colors. The schoolyard was packed with pupils and their parents. The old pupils were playing with marbles or with spinning tops, running up and down, talking and laughing merrily. The headmaster and the teachers, neatly dressed, were standing under the school verandah.

Suddenly there echoed the sounds of a drum in my heart.

We were all ordered to stand in line before the flagstaff to salute the colors. When the flag salute was over, we by turns went into our classrooms. A young and mild-looking teacher greeted us at the door. And in a gentle voice he taught us the first lesson.

K

ken_luckykid

Tell about a visit to a famous city

A few months ago my father and I visited Singapore, one of the most famous cities in Asia.

Singapore, a small island, lies at the southern and of West Malaysia. A long and narrow piece of land joins Singapore with Johore Hahru, the southern-most town of West Malaysia. Singapore is now an independent state.

The city of Singapore is extremely beautiful. It is well known for its centers of business and other activities. There are many places of interest such as the Tiger Balm Garden, the Botanical Gardens and Raffles Museum. There are also many important centers of learning such as the University of Singapore, Science Centre, the Nanyang University and the Polytechnic. Being a famous city, hundreds of people come everyday from various parts of the world to do business or to enjoy the sights of the city. Singapore therefore has large and beautiful airports and its harbors are full of ships.

There are many night schools where people who cannot go to the day schools for some reason or other can continue their studies. And, the government of Singapore is still doing its best to make further improvements in the city for the benefit of the people.

During my stay in Singapore, I went out everyday with my father to see the beautiful and interesting places and things in the city. One day we went to the Tiger Balm Garden where I saw several statues of people, animals and other strange creature beautifully made and kept. The sea near this garden makes it a pleasant place to visit. We spent almost half of the day at this place.

Another day we visited the museum where I saw hundreds of curious things preserved for scholars and others. It was indeed an education to see all those things. There is so much to learn here that every visit by any person is sure to add to his knowledge.

I also visited some of the harbors and saw the large ships anchored there. The sight of the ships aroused a desire in me to cross the oceans and go round the world. I was indeed deeply impressed by activities at the harbor.

Then every night, I went round the town and visited some of the parks and other places of interest. The numerous lights and the constant stream of traffic kept the city alive. I visited a few of the cinemas as well. In short, I enjoyed every moment of my stay in this famous city of Singapore.

Top Bottom