Ngoại ngữ Học IDIOMS theo chủ đề

Kiều Anh.

Cựu TMod Địa
Thành viên
30 Tháng mười hai 2020
Hà Nội❤️
Hà Nội
1. Regular investment of small amounts of money is an excellent way of building a ______nest egg_______________.
2. She didn’t do much, but she got the ______lion's share__________ of the attention from the teachers.
3. I know you are broken up about Janet leaving you, but there are ________plenty of other fish in the sea ______________
4. I was trying to keep the party a secret, but Mel went and _________let the cat out of the bag____________
5. Don't forget to take your umbrella - it's _________raining cats and dogs_______________out there.

lam371

Học sinh gương mẫu
HV CLB Lịch sử
Thành viên
25 Tháng mười hai 2011
Bình Phước
Hogwarts School Of Witchcraft And Wizardry
1. Regular investment of small amounts of money is an excellent way of building a ________nest egg______________.
2. She didn’t do much, but she got the _____lion's share___________ of the attention from the teachers.
3. I know you are broken up about Janet leaving you, but there are ____plenty of other fish in the sea__________________
4. I was trying to keep the party a secret, but Mel went and ________let the cat out of the bag_____________
5. Don't forget to take your umbrella - it's ________raining cats and dog________________out there.

warm sunset

Cựu CTV CLB Lịch sử
Thành viên
24 Tháng mười hai 2020
Tuyên Quang
THCS Đức Ninh
1. Regular investment of small amounts of money is an excellent way of building a _________nest egg____________.
2. She didn’t do much, but she got the ________lion's share________ of the attention from the teachers.
3. I know you are broken up about Janet leaving you, but there are ________plenty of other fish in the sea______________
4. I was trying to keep the party a secret, but Mel went and _________let the cat out of the bag____________
5. Don't forget to take your umbrella - it's _________raining cats and dogs_______________out there.

Junery N

Cựu Hỗ trợ viên
HV CLB Địa lí
Thành viên
23 Tháng mười một 2019
Nam Định
In the sky
1. Regular investment of small amounts of money is an excellent way of building a nest egg.
2. She didn’t do much, but she got the lion's share of the attention from the teachers.
3. I know you are broken up about Janet leaving you, but there are plenty of other fish in the sea.
4. I was trying to keep the party a secret, but Mel went and let the cat out of the bag.
5. Don't forget to take your umbrella - it rains cats and dogs out there.

Minh Nhí

Cựu Mod Tiếng Anh|Cựu Phó nhóm Tiếng Anh
Thành viên
Trưởng nhóm xuất sắc nhất 2017
18 Tháng mười một 2013
KEYS
1. Regular investment of small amounts of money is an excellent way of building a nest egg.
2. She didn’t do much, but she got the lion's share of the attention from the teachers.
3. I know you are broken up about Janet leaving you, but there are plenty of other fish in the sea.
4. I was trying to keep the party a secret, but Mel went and let the cat out of the bag.
5. Don't forget to take your umbrella - it's raining cats and dogs out there.

Minh Nhí

Thành viên
18 Tháng mười một 2013
REVIEW
Cùng ôn tập lại nào mọi người ơi!
Question 1:
Regular investment of small amounts of money is an excellent way of building a ______________.
A. nest egg
B.
nest coffee
C.
net egg
D.
net coffee
Question 2:I could smell a ____________.Someone stopped me on the street and offered to sell me a gold watch for five dollars.
A. cat
B.
rat
C.
dog
D.
mouse
Question 3:What's the matter? Has the ___________got your tongue?
A. dog
B.
cat
C.
snake
D.
ghost
Question 4:When the teacher walked into the room,each student was at his or her desk,reading a book, as quite as a ___________.
A. cat
B.
mouse
C.
snake
D.
fish
Question 5:I was trying to keep the party a secret,but Mel went and let the _______ out of the bag.
A. mouse
B.
bee
C.
cat
D.
elephant

anbinhf

Học sinh tiêu biểu
Thành viên
9 Tháng ba 2020
Nghệ An
Trường THCS Quỳnh Hồng
REVIEW
Cùng ôn tập lại nào mọi người ơi!
Question 1:
Regular investment of small amounts of money is an excellent way of building a ______________.
A. nest egg
B.
nest coffee
C.
net egg
D.
net coffee
Question 2:I could smell a ____________.Someone stopped me on the street and offered to sell me a gold watch for five dollars.
A. cat
B.
rat
C.
dog
D.
mouse
A. dog
B.
cat
C.
snake
D.
ghost
Question 4:When the teacher walked into the room,each student was at his or her desk,reading a book, as quite as a ___________.
A. cat
B.
mouse
C.
snake
D.
fish
Question 5:I was trying to keep the party a secret,but Mel went and let the _______ out of the bag.
A. mouse
B.
bee
C.
cat
D.
elephant
Question 1:Regular investment of small amounts of money is an excellent way of building a ______________.
A. nest egg
B.
nest coffee
C. net egg
D. net coffee
A. cat
B. rat
C.
dog
D. mouse
A. dog
B. cat
C.
snake
D. ghost
A. cat
B. mouse
C.
snake
D. fish
A. mouse
B. bee
C. cat
D.
elephant

Hà Kiều Chinh

Cựu CTV CLB Lịch sử
Thành viên
30 Tháng mười một 2020
Đức Ninh- Tuyên Quang
Tuyên Quang
THCS Đức Ninh
Question 1:Regular investment of small amounts of money is an excellent way of building a ______________.
A. nest egg
B.
nest coffee
C.
net egg
D.
net coffee
A. cat
B.
rat
C.
dog
D.
mouse
A. dog
B.
cat
C.
snake
D.
ghost
A. cat
B.
mouse
C.
snake
D.
fish
A. mouse
B.
bee
C.
cat
D.
elephant​

Phạm Thúy Hằng

Cựu Phụ trách BP Quản lí & Mod CĐ|Thiên tài vật lí
Thành viên
15 Tháng ba 2017
Hà Nội
THCS Nam Từ Liêm
A. nest egg
B.
nest coffee
C.
net egg
D.
net coffee
A. cat
B. rat
C.
dog
D.
mouse
A. dog
B. cat
C.
snake
D.
ghost
A. cat
B. mouse
C.
snake
D.
fish
A. mouse
B.
bee
C. cat
D.
elephant

kaede-kun

Giải Ba event Thế giới Sinh học 2
HV CLB Địa lí
Thành viên
10 Tháng sáu 2020
Tây Ninh
~ Outer Space ~
A. nest egg
B.
nest coffee
C.
net egg
D.
net coffee
A. cat
B.
rat
C.
dog
D.
mouse
A. dog
B.
cat
C.
snake
D.
ghost
A. cat
B.
mouse
C.
snake
D.
fish
A. mouse
B.
bee
C.
cat
D.
elephant

Xuân Hải Trần

Học sinh gương mẫu
Thành viên
9 Tháng bảy 2021
Hà Nội
Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry!!
A. nest egg
B.
nest coffee
C. net egg
D. net coffee
A. cat
B. rat
C.
dog
D. mouse
A. dog
B. cat
C.
snake
D. ghost
A. cat
B. mouse
C.
snake
D. fish
A. mouse
B. bee
C. cat
D.
elephant

Kiều Anh.

Cựu TMod Địa
Thành viên
30 Tháng mười hai 2020
Hà Nội❤️
Hà Nội
A. nest egg
B.
nest coffee
C. net egg
D. net coffee
A. cat
B. rat
C.
dog
D. mouse
A. dog
B. cat
C.
snake
D. ghost
A. cat
B. mouse
C.
snake
D. fish
A. mouse
B. bee
C. cat
D.
elephant

Junery N

Cựu Hỗ trợ viên
HV CLB Địa lí
Thành viên
23 Tháng mười một 2019
Nam Định
In the sky
A. nest egg
B.
nest coffee
C. net egg
D. net coffee
A. cat
B. rat
C.
dog
D. mouse
A. dog
B. cat
C.
snake
D. ghost
A. cat
B. mouse
C.
snake
D. fish
A. mouse
B. bee
C. cat
D.
elephant

Minh Nhí

Thành viên
18 Tháng mười một 2013
KEY - REVIEW

Question 1:
A. nest egg
B.
nest coffee
C.
net egg
D.
net coffee
A. cat
B.
rat
C.
dog
D.
mouse
A. dog
B.
cat
C.
snake
D.
ghost
A. cat
B.
mouse
C.
snake
D.
fish
A. mouse
B.
bee
C.
cat
D.
elephant

Minh Nhí

Thành viên
18 Tháng mười một 2013
TOPIC 1: IDIOMS (PART 6)
Chào các bạn, tiếp tục series mời các bạn học idioms và cùng làm bài tập bên dưới nhé!
upload_2021-9-20_0-8-24.pngupload_2021-9-20_0-8-24.pngupload_2021-9-20_0-8-24.pngupload_2021-9-20_0-8-24.pngupload_2021-9-20_0-8-24.png

1. TAKE THE BULL BY THE HORNS = do something difficult in a brave and determined way
2. WATER OFF THE DUCK'S BACK = criticisms of or warnings to a particular person that have no effect on that person
3. KEEP THE WOLF FROM THE DOOR = have just enough money to be able to eat and live
4. HAVE ANTS IN YOUR PANTS = not be able to keep still because you are very excited or worried about something
5. DON'T COUNT YOUR CHICKEN BEFORE THEY HATCH = you should not make plans that depend on something good happening before you know that it has actually happened.

PRACTICE: Choose the idioms above to complete the sentences.
1. Why don't you ____________ and tell him to leave?
2. As a student, he took an evening job to____________________.
3. The kids really ____________ today, so I'm going to take them to the playground.
4. I've told him that he's heading for trouble, but he doesn't listen - it's just ______________.
5. She wanted to buy a dress in case someone asked her to the dance, but I told her not to ____________________.

Minh Nhí

Thành viên
18 Tháng mười một 2013
TOPIC 1: IDIOMS (PART 7)
Chào các bạn, tiếp tục series mời các bạn học idioms và cùng làm bài tập bên dưới nhé!

upload_2021-9-23_22-58-59.pngupload_2021-9-23_22-58-59.pngupload_2021-9-23_22-58-59.pngupload_2021-9-23_22-58-59.pngupload_2021-9-23_22-58-59.png

1. UNTIL THE COWS COME HOME = for a very long time
2. STRAIGHT FROM THE HORSE'S MOUTH = If you hear something (straight) from the horse's mouth, you hear it from the person who has direct personal knowledge of it.
3. KILL TWO BIRDS WITH ONE STONE = to succeed in achieving two things in a single action
4. A FISH OUT OF WATER = a person who feels awkward or unhappy because they are in a situation that is not familiar or because they are different from the people around them
5. IN THE DOGHOUSE = If you are in the doghouse, someone is annoyed with you and shows their disapproval

PRACTICE: Choose the correct idioms to complete the sentences.
1. I killed ________________ and picked the kids up on the way to the supermarket.
2. I could sit here and argue with you till the cows ______________, but it wouldn't solve anything.
3. I didn't have any friends that were like me. I just always felt like a_____________________.
4. I know it's true, because I got it straight _________________ – Katie told me herself.
5. I'm in the______________ - I broke Sara's favourite vase this morning.

Attachments

• upload_2021-9-23_22-46-24.png
    upload_2021-9-23_22-46-24.png
    158 KB · Đọc: 18
    100.2 KB · Đọc: 19
    80.4 KB · Đọc: 19
    89.6 KB · Đọc: 19
    232.2 KB · Đọc: 18

warm sunset

Cựu CTV CLB Lịch sử
Thành viên
24 Tháng mười hai 2020
Tuyên Quang
THCS Đức Ninh
1. I killed ____two birds with one stone____________ and picked the kids up on the way to the supermarket.
2. I could sit here and argue with you till the cows _______come home_______, but it wouldn't solve anything.
3. I didn't have any friends that were like me. I just always felt like a______fish out of water_______________.
4. I know it's true, because I got it straight _______from the horse's mouse__________ – Katie told me herself.
5. I'm in the______doghouse________ - I broke Sara's favourite vase this morning.

Xuân Hải Trần

Học sinh gương mẫu
Thành viên
9 Tháng bảy 2021
Hà Nội
Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry!!
1. I killed two birds with one stone and picked the kids up on the way to the supermarket.
2. I could sit here and argue with you till the cows come home, but it wouldn't solve anything.
3. I didn't have any friends that were like me. I just always felt like a fish out of water
4. I know it's true, because I got it straight from the horse's mouse– Katie told me herself.
5. I'm in the doghouse - I broke Sara's favourite vase this morning.

Quang Đức !

Học sinh chăm học
Thành viên
11 Tháng tư 2020
Nghệ An
Tiểu Học Quỳnh Hồng
1. UNTIL THE COWS COME HOME = for a very long time
2. STRAIGHT FROM THE HORSE'S MOUTH = If you hear something (straight) from the horse's mouth, you hear it from the person who has direct personal knowledge of it.
3. KILL TWO BIRDS WITH ONE STONE = to succeed in achieving two things in a single action
4. A FISH OUT OF WATER = a person who feels awkward or unhappy because they are in a situation that is not familiar or because they are different from the people around them
5. IN THE DOGHOUSE = If you are in the doghouse, someone is annoyed with you and shows their disapproval

1. I killed ________________ and picked the kids up on the way to the supermarket.
2. I could sit here and argue with you till the cows ______________, but it wouldn't solve anything.
3. I didn't have any friends that were like me. I just always felt like a_____________________.
4. I know it's true, because I got it straight _________________ – Katie told me herself.
5. I'm in the______________ - I broke Sara's favourite vase this morning.

1. I killed ________TWO BIRDS WITH ONE STONE ________ and picked the kids up on the way to the supermarket.
2. I could sit here and argue with you till the cows _______ COME HOME_______, but it wouldn't solve anything.
3. I didn't have any friends that were like me. I just always felt like a_____________FISH OUT OF WATER________.
4. I know it's true, because I got it straight ________FROM THE HORSE'S MOUTH_________ – Katie told me herself.
5. I'm in the________DOGHOUSE______ - I broke Sara's favourite vase this morning.

Kiều Anh.

Cựu TMod Địa
Thành viên
30 Tháng mười hai 2020
Hà Nội❤️
Hà Nội
1. I killed ________TWO BIRDS WITH ONE STONE ________ and picked the kids up on the way to the supermarket.
2. I could sit here and argue with you till the cows _______ COME HOME_______, but it wouldn't solve anything.
3. I didn't have any friends that were like me. I just always felt like a_____________FISH OUT OF WATER________.
4. I know it's true, because I got it straight ________FROM THE HORSE'S MOUTH_________ – Katie told me herself.
5. I'm in the________DOGHOUSE______ - I broke Sara's favourite vase this morning.

Top Bottom