English THCS Finish each of the following sentences in such a way that it means exactly the same as the sentence

Song_Ngu_123

Học sinh chăm học
Thành viên
20 Tháng chín 2021
Hà Nam
THCS Trần Phú
[TẶNG BẠN] TRỌN BỘ Bí kíp học tốt 08 môn
Chắc suất Đại học top - Giữ chỗ ngay!!

ĐĂNG BÀI NGAY để cùng trao đổi với các thành viên siêu nhiệt tình & dễ thương trên diễn đàn.

I. Finish each of the following sentences in such a way that it means exactly the same as the sentence printed before it.
1. She goes to university so that she can get a better job.
She …………………………………………………………………………...............................................…....…
2. Dr. Rowan has had to do all his typing. His secretary resigned 2 weeks ago.
Dr. Rowan ..........................................................................................................................................................
3. “ If Brian doesn’t train harder, I won’t select him for the team”, said the manager.
The manager threatened ............................................................................................................................
4. The last time I went to Canada was in January 1994.
I have ...........................................................................................................................................................................
5. I would rather do the homework than go out in the rain.
I prefer ............................................................................................................................................................................
II. Complete the second sentence so that it has similar meaning to the first sentence, using the word given.
1. We couldn't solve the problem. (solution)
We were unable.......................................................................................... the problem.
2. My brother really wishes he could sing well. (able)
My brother regrets not............................................................................................well.
3. Jane did not need to register for the new course. (necessary)
It ........................................................................................to register for the new course.
4. My grand father was sixty when he learnt to swim. (age)
My father learnt to swim.................................................................................sixty.
5. Joan couldn't eat the food because it was too spicy. (too)
The food ............................................................................................Joan to eat.
6. It is a teacher's responsibility to look after students. (responsible)
A teacher .............................................................................................students.
7. It was difficult to persuade Rick to buy the book. (difficulty)
I ......................................................................................Rick to buy the book.
8. I can’t possibly work in all this noise. (impossible)
It…………………………………………………..............…work in all this noise.
9. Jo’s training accident meant she couldn’t take part in the race (prevented)
Jo’s training accident……………………………………..…..........……part in the race.
10. Gerald is too young to vote. (old)
Gerald........................................................................................................vote.

Reactions: S I M O

S I M O

Cựu Phụ trách nhóm Anh
Thành viên
19 Tháng tư 2017
Nam Định
Trái tim của Riky-Kun
I. Finish each of the following sentences in such a way that it means exactly the same as the sentence printed before it.
She …………………………………………………………………………...............................................…....…
Dr. Rowan ..........................................................................................................................................................
3. “ If Brian doesn’t train harder, I won’t select him for the team”, said the manager.
The manager threatened ............................................................................................................................
I have ...........................................................................................................................................................................
I prefer ............................................................................................................................................................................
II. Complete the second sentence so that it has similar meaning to the first sentence, using the word given.
We were unable.......................................................................................... the problem.
My brother regrets not............................................................................................well.
It ........................................................................................to register for the new course.
My father learnt to swim.................................................................................sixty.
The food ............................................................................................Joan to eat.
A teacher .............................................................................................students.
I ......................................................................................Rick to buy the book.
Gerald........................................................................................................vote.
Quá nhiều nên mình ghi cấu trúc thôi
She goes to university to get a better job.
Dr. Rowan has had to do all his typing because his secretary resigned 2 weeks ago.
The manager threatened not to select B for the team unless he trained harder
I have not gone to C since J 1994
I prefer doing the homework to going out ...
be unable to V = ko thể làm gì
find a solution to sth = cách giải quyết
My brother regrets not being able to sing well.
It's not necessary for sb to V = ko cần thiết
be too adj for sb to V = quá gì đó cho ai để làm gì
be responsible for Ving = có trách nghiệm làm gì
have difficulty (in) V-ing = khó khăn trong làm gì
It's impossible to V = không thể làm gì
prevent sb from V-ing = ngăn cản ai làm gì
be not old enough to V = ko đủ tuổi

Ngoài ra bạn cũng có thể tham khảo và ủng hộ những topic sau để có sự tiến bộ về nhiều kỹ năng ~
[TIPs] Rewrite the sentences
Ten words a day and some tips for learning
[Dịch thuật] Word order

Luyện thi tốt nghiệp THPTQG môn tiếng Anh
NEXT 0.2
Chia sẻ phương pháp ôn thi
Tổng hợp kiến thức các môn
Chúc bạn một ngày vui vẻ!

Top Bottom