English THCS Reading (true or false)

LiLiya

Học sinh
Thành viên
3 Tháng mười một 2021
Hà Nội
[TẶNG BẠN] TRỌN BỘ Bí kíp học tốt 08 môn
Chắc suất Đại học top - Giữ chỗ ngay!!

ĐĂNG BÀI NGAY để cùng trao đổi với các thành viên siêu nhiệt tình & dễ thương trên diễn đàn.

I. Read the text and questions below.
Look at the sentences below about a motorbike trip.
Read the text on the opposite page to decide if each sentence is correct or incorrect. If it is correct, mark A next to the sentence. If it is not correct, mark B.

MY FIRST LONG MOTORBIKING TRIP - BY GRAHAM JONES

7. Graham says his friend Luke was keen for him to enjoy riding motorbikes.
8. Luke was confident their first ride with his club would be a totally positive experience.
9. For Graham’s first group ride, they planned to go to a place 100 kilometres away.
10. One rider in their group, Tania, started her bike without help when it broke down.
11. Graham wondered if he would feel the same as Tania if his bike had the same problem.
12. At one point, the group leader decided to change the route they were following.
13. Luke was concerned that the weather conditions were making their ride dangerous.
14. They found that the clothes they were wearing protected them from the weather.
15. Luke and Graham’s mood improved after they reached Graham’s house.
16. Immediately after the trip Graham bought a new motorbike of his own.

[TBODY] [/TBODY]

I began riding motorbikes when I was eighteen years old, as a passenger on the back of my friend Luke's bike. It was a classic motorbike - big, fast, and noisy! Our first few rides were short trips - which he was very careful to make as enjoyable as possible for me - and as a result I fell in love with the whole motorbike experience almost immediately.
After a couple of months of shorter rides, we went on a longer group ride with Luke’s motorcycling club, which he said would give me a good idea of the pleasures and difficulties of motorcycling. We rode approximately 100 km in one day, and it was a great experience - although we only managed to get less than half of the way to our destination. The ride was wonderful and we had beautiful weather as we went along the quiet roads. However, after we’d stopped to have a rest and were about to carry on riding, one rider in the group, Tania, suddenly found her bike wouldn't start. Some people in the group finally managed to get it going, but in the end Tania had to turn round and go back home by herself, knowing
that if she stopped anywhere, she wouldn’t be able to start her bike again. She bravely decided she could ride back home alone, but I doubted whether I'd have such a confident attitude in the same situation.
Our group then drove on to the mountains and stopped for some lunch - and that’s where things started to go wrong. The weather turned bad and it began to snow. Then, without asking anyone, the leader of the group had the idea of going in a completely new direction up a steep mountain road, with corners that would be difficult for motorbikes even when the weather was good - and by now it was snowing quite heavily!
When we finally made it to the top of the mountain, Luke was annoyed. He said it was too risky to be on a mountain in such bad weather, and that we should go back down. We were both frozen when we reached the bottom, despite our cold-weather clothes. However, when we got back to my house we both began to see the funnier side of it all. and I immediately asked Luke when we could go again. I realised I could handle the worst of times on a motorbike, and there and then I made up my mind to try and save up for one.
giúp mình với nha! Cảm ơn!:Tonton23

S I M O

Cựu Phụ trách nhóm Anh
Thành viên
19 Tháng tư 2017
Nam Định
Trái tim của Riky-Kun
Read the text on the opposite page to decide if each sentence is correct or incorrect. If it is correct, mark A next to the sentence. If it is not correct, mark B.

8. Luke was confident their first ride with his club would be a totally positive experience.
9. For Graham’s first group ride, they planned to go to a place 100 kilometres away.
10. One rider in their group, Tania, started her bike without help when it broke down.
11. Graham wondered if he would feel the same as Tania if his bike had the same problem.
12. At one point, the group leader decided to change the route they were following.
13. Luke was concerned that the weather conditions were making their ride dangerous.
14. They found that the clothes they were wearing protected them from the weather.
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
I began riding motorbikes when I was eighteen years old, as a passenger on the back of my friend Luke's bike. It was a classic motorbike - big, fast, and noisy! Our first few rides were short trips - which he was very careful to make as enjoyable as possible for me - and as a result I fell in love with the whole motorbike experience almost immediately.
After a couple of months of shorter rides, we went on a longer group ride with Luke’s motorcycling club, which he said would give me a good idea of the pleasures and difficulties of motorcycling. We rode approximately 100 km in one day, and it was a great experience - although we only managed to get less than half of the way to our destination. The ride was wonderful and we had beautiful weather as we went along the quiet roads. However, after we’d stopped to have a rest and were about to carry on riding, one rider in the group, Tania, suddenly found her bike wouldn't start. Some people in the group finally managed to get it going, but in the end Tania had to turn round and go back home by herself, knowing
that if she stopped anywhere, she wouldn’t be able to start her bike again. She bravely decided she could ride back home alone, but I doubted whether I'd have such a confident attitude in the same situation.
Our group then drove on to the mountains and stopped for some lunch - and that’s where things started to go wrong. The weather turned bad and it began to snow. Then, without asking anyone, the leader of the group had the idea of going in a completely new direction up a steep mountain road, with corners that would be difficult for motorbikes even when the weather was good - and by now it was snowing quite heavily!
When we finally made it to the top of the mountain, Luke was annoyed. He said it was too risky to be on a mountain in such bad weather, and that we should go back down. We were both frozen when we reached the bottom, despite our cold-weather clothes. However, when we got back to my house we both began to see the funnier side of it all. and I immediately asked Luke when we could go again. I realised I could handle the worst of times on a motorbike, and there and then I made up my mind to try and save up for one.
giúp mình với nha! Cảm ơn!:Tonton23
Tham khảo

........B.......
.......A........
......A.........
......B.........
.......A........
.......A........
.......A........
......B.........
........A.......
.......B........
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Ngoài ra bạn cũng có thể tham khảo và ủng hộ những topic sau để có sự tiến bộ về nhiều kỹ năng ~
[TIPs] Rewrite the sentences
Ten words a day and some tips for learning
[Dịch thuật] Word order

Luyện thi tốt nghiệp THPTQG môn tiếng Anh
NEXT 0.2
Chia sẻ phương pháp ôn thi
Tổng hợp kiến thức các môn

Chúc bạn một ngày vui vẻ!

Top Bottom