English THCS Join the two sentences using the conjunctive adverbs in the box.

NVAThư

Học sinh mới
Thành viên
22 Tháng mười hai 2021
Kiên Giang
[TẶNG BẠN] TRỌN BỘ Bí kíp học tốt 08 môn
Chắc suất Đại học top - Giữ chỗ ngay!!

ĐĂNG BÀI NGAY để cùng trao đổi với các thành viên siêu nhiệt tình & dễ thương trên diễn đàn.

V. Join the two sentences using the conjunctive adverbs in the box.
1. My penpal has lived in the Alps all his life. He has never learnt to ski.

2. You need to work harder. You won’t get a passing grade.

3. Roberta didn’t have all the ingredients to bake a cake. She decided to prepare something else.

4. I was not confident of winning. I decided to give it a try.

5. I had a problem with my bike. I was late for school.

6. Drinking and driving is against the rules. It’s dangerous.

7. We were supposed to go dancing after dinner. We went home instead.

8. Milos said his English is terrible. He got a 9.0 on his IELTS Writing test.

10. Remember to use sun cream when you go down to the beach. You’ll get sunburnt within half an hour.

10. Diet and exercise will help you lose weight. It is good for your health.

VI. Complete each sentence with and, but, so, or, moreover, however, therefore, or otherwise.
1. You must do your homework; ____________, you might get a bad grade.
2. He’s seventy-two, ____________ he still swims, runs and plays football regularly.
3. John studied hard for the math exam; ____________ he got an A+.
4. Do you want a cup of tea, ____________ would you prefer coffee?
5. Smoking gives you bad breath. ____________, it is harmful to your health.
6. There are many learning English websites; ____________, some of them are not free.
7. I like to read, ____________ my grammar is always on-point.
8. I hope you are feeling better ____________ will be back at college soon.
9. Engineering is an interesting career. ____________, you have to be good at maths.
10. To be a doctor you have to study biology, ____________ chemistry is also important.
IX. Choose the best answer to complete the sentences.
1. Mid-Autumn Festival not only recalls the family love, _________ is also a festival for both children and adults in Vietnam.
a. and b. but c. yet d.therefore
2. Tran Temple Festival lasts from the 15th-20th of lunar August. _________, visitors all over the country eagerly go on a pilgrimage far prior to the day.
a. Nevertheless b. Otherwise c. Therefore d. Moreover
3. _________ the main worship event is taking place at Hung Temple, 100 lanterns are released into the sky.
a. Because b. Even though c. While d. If
4. Lim Festival is among the most impressive festivals, ceremonies _________ singing events.
a. or b. but c. yet d. and
5. The navigation of the boat, called ghe ngo, requires great skills _________ it can easily be flipped.
a. therefore b. because c.when d. although
6. _________ you consider yourself a culture enthusiast, Hue Arts Festival is a must.
a. If b. Though c. Because d. As
7. The festival only lasted for three days; _________ they spent nearly a month preparing for it.
a. when b. moreover c. otherwise d. however
8. In Quang Ninh, you can go to Yen Tu Mountain to attend the Yen Tu Festival, _________ you can visit Ha Long Bay.
a. so b.yet c.or d.otherwise
9. _________ there are loads of festivals in Vietnam, Tet or Tet Nguyen Dan is the most important one.
a. Since b.Although c.When d. As long as
10. Festival visitors can take part in cultural activities, such as visiting art galleries, historical places and parks. _________, they can taste exotic food and dishes.
a. Moreover b.Therefore c.However d.Otherwise

Giúp em phần này với ạ
Bài làm cần giải thích lí thuyết và công thức ra ạ
Cảm ơn mọi người

S I M O

Cựu Phụ trách nhóm Anh
Thành viên
19 Tháng tư 2017
Nam Định
Trái tim của Riky-Kun
V. Join the two sentences using the conjunctive adverbs in the box.
1. My penpal has lived in the Alps all his life. He has never learnt to ski.

2. You need to work harder. You won’t get a passing grade.

3. Roberta didn’t have all the ingredients to bake a cake. She decided to prepare something else.

4. I was not confident of winning. I decided to give it a try.

5. I had a problem with my bike. I was late for school.

6. Drinking and driving is against the rules. It’s dangerous.

7. We were supposed to go dancing after dinner. We went home instead.

8. Milos said his English is terrible. He got a 9.0 on his IELTS Writing test.

10. Remember to use sun cream when you go down to the beach. You’ll get sunburnt within half an hour.

10. Diet and exercise will help you lose weight. It is good for your health.
Box đâu bạn?

VI. Complete each sentence with and = và 1, but = nhưng 2, so = bởi thế 3, or = hoặc 4, moreover = hơn thế nữa 5, however = tuy nhiên 6, therefore = vậy nên 7, or otherwise = nếu không thì 8.
1. You must do your homework; _____8_______, you might get a bad grade.
2. He’s seventy-two, _____2_______ he still swims, runs and plays football regularly.
3. John studied hard for the math exam; _______7_____ he got an A+.
4. Do you want a cup of tea, ______4______ would you prefer coffee?
5. Smoking gives you bad breath. ______5______, it is harmful to your health.
6. There are many learning English websites; ______6______, some of them are not free.
7. I like to read, ______7______ my grammar is always on-point = perfect.
8. I hope you are feeling better _______1_____ will be back at college soon.
9. Engineering is an interesting career. ______6______, you have to be good at maths.
10. To be a doctor you have to study biology, ______1______ chemistry is also important.

IX. Choose the best answer to complete the sentences.
1. Mid-Autumn Festival not only recalls the family love, _________ is also a festival for both children and adults in Vietnam.
a. and và b. but c. yet d.therefore vậy nên
not only but also = không những mà còn
2. Tran Temple Festival lasts from the 15th-20th of lunar August. _________, visitors all over the country eagerly go on a pilgrimage far prior to the day.
a. Nevertheless b. Otherwise (?) c. Therefore d. Moreover
3. _________ the main worship event is taking place at Hung Temple, 100 lanterns are released into the sky.
a. Because bởi vì b. Even though kể cả khi c. While trong khi d. If nếu
4. Lim Festival is among the most impressive festivals, ceremonies _________ singing events.
a. or hoặc b. but nhưng c. yet d. and
5. The navigation of the boat, called ghe ngo, requires great skills _________ it can easily be flipped.
a. therefore b. because c.when khi d. although mặc dù
6. _________ you consider yourself a culture enthusiast, Hue Arts Festival is a must. (CDK loại 0)
a. If b. Though mặc dù c. Because d. As bởi vì
7. The festival only lasted for three days; _________ they spent nearly a month preparing for it.
a. when b. moreover c. otherwise nếu không thì d. however tuy nhiên
8. In Quang Ninh, you can go to Yen Tu Mountain to attend the Yen Tu Festival, _________ you can visit Ha Long Bay.
a. so b.yet c.or d.otherwise
9. _________ there are loads of festivals in Vietnam, Tet or Tet Nguyen Dan is the most important one.
a. Since = bởi vì b.Although c.When d. As long as = chỉ cần
10. Festival visitors can take part in cultural activities, such as visiting art galleries, historical places and parks. _________, they can taste exotic food and dishes.
a. Moreover hơn thế nữa b.Therefore c.However d.Otherwise

Ngoài ra bạn cũng có thể tham khảo và ủng hộ những topic sau để có sự tiến bộ về nhiều kỹ năng ~
[TIPs] Rewrite the sentences
Thành ngữ
[Dịch thuật] Word order

Luyện thi tốt nghiệp THPTQG môn tiếng Anh
NEXT 0.2
Chia sẻ phương pháp ôn thi
Tổng hợp kiến thức các môn

Chúc bạn một ngày vui vẻ!

Top Bottom