English THCS Gap filling

Trangpyk161288

Học sinh mới
Thành viên
6 Tháng mười một 2021
Hà Nam
[TẶNG BẠN] TRỌN BỘ Bí kíp học tốt 08 môn
Chắc suất Đại học top - Giữ chỗ ngay!!

ĐĂNG BÀI NGAY để cùng trao đổi với các thành viên siêu nhiệt tình & dễ thương trên diễn đàn.

Gap filling
Toronto: Canada's Largest City
Everywhere you look in downtown Toronto skyscrapers are rising. This new landscape of chrome and
glass, unrecognisable from a couple of years ago, disorientates (1)................................as try to find the ferry
terminal. When I eventually make (2) ..................................across to Toronto Island, I'm rewarded with a view
back to the mainland of the perfect North American pop-up city, seemingly growing (3) ........................my eyes.
Canada's largest city is developing fast; yet it has (4) ..................................quite slow to shake off the
atmosphere of conservatism that once earned it the label “Toronto the Good”. It's only in the (5)..........................
few years that the place has let its creative communities lead the way. This new confidence (6)............................
be seen everywhere: in new luxury hotels, innovative dining restaurants and pioneering design studios. Toronto
(7)..................................days is not so much “good” (8)................................“good-time”.
The recent rise (9) .................................. profile of the Toronto International Film Festival has helped. A
permanent home for the festival has just opened and this will attract stars all year (10) .............................. The
Art Gallery of Ontario, redesigned by architect Frank Gehry, a native of the city, is (11) .................................. of
his rare home-grown projects. Just (12) ..................................the border, the cities of the US seem to
(13)..................................currently stagnating, but in Toronto the appetite (14) ..................................upgrading
thrives. The “Fashion Mile" shopping district has had a major facelift. Last but certainly (15)...............................
least. Union Station is undergoing a C$200 million renovation that should allow it to experience the sort of
glory enjoyed by Grand Central in New York.

Reactions: S I M O

S I M O

Cựu Phụ trách nhóm Anh
Thành viên
19 Tháng tư 2017
Nam Định
Trái tim của Riky-Kun
Gap filling
Toronto: Canada's Largest City
Everywhere you look in downtown Toronto skyscrapers are rising. This new landscape of chrome and
glass, unrecognisable from a couple of years ago, disorientates (1)................................as try to find the ferry
terminal. When I eventually make (2) ..................................across to Toronto Island, I'm rewarded with a view
back to the mainland of the perfect North American pop-up city, seemingly growing (3) ........................my eyes.
Canada's largest city is developing fast; yet it has (4) ..................................quite slow to shake off the
atmosphere of conservatism that once earned it the label “Toronto the Good”. It's only in the (5)..........................
few years that the place has let its creative communities lead the way. This new confidence (6)............................
be seen everywhere: in new luxury hotels, innovative dining restaurants and pioneering design studios. Toronto
(7)..................................days is not so much “good” (8)................................“good-time”.
The recent rise (9) .................................. profile of the Toronto International Film Festival has helped. A
permanent home for the festival has just opened and this will attract stars all year (10) .............................. The
Art Gallery of Ontario, redesigned by architect Frank Gehry, a native of the city, is (11) .................................. of
his rare home-grown projects. Just (12) ..................................the border, the cities of the US seem to
(13)..................................currently stagnating, but in Toronto the appetite (14) ..................................upgrading
thrives. The “Fashion Mile" shopping district has had a major facelift. Last but certainly (15)...............................
least. Union Station is undergoing a C$200 million renovation that should allow it to experience the sort of

glass, unrecognizable from a couple of years ago, disorientates (1)..............ME..................as try to find the ferry
terminal. When I eventually make (2) ................IT..................across to Toronto Island, I'm rewarded with a view
back to the mainland of the perfect North American pop-up city, seemingly growing (3) ...........BEFORE.............my eyes.
Canada's largest city is developing fast; yet it has (4) ................BEEN..................quite slow to shake off the
atmosphere of conservatism that once earned it the label “Toronto the Good”. It's only in the (5)............PAST..............
few years that the place has let its creative communities lead the way. This new confidence (6)............CAN................
(7)................THESE..................days is not so much “good” (8)................AS................“good-time”.
The recent rise (9) ................IN.................. profile of the Toronto International Film Festival has helped. A
permanent home for the festival has just opened and this will attract stars all year (10) ............ROUND.................. The
Art Gallery of Ontario, redesigned by architect Frank Gehry, a native of the city, is (11) ...............ONE (?)................... of
his rare home-grown projects. Just (12) ...............ACROSS...................the border, the cities of the US seem to
(13)..............BE....................currently stagnating but in Toronto the appetite (14) ................FOR..................upgrading
thrives. The “Fashion Mile" shopping district has had a major facelift. Last but certainly (15)..............NOT.................
RISE IN STH = TĂNG LÊN
APPETITE FOR = MUỐN GÌ
LAST BUT NOT LEAST = CUỐI NHƯNG KHÔNG KÉM PHẦN QUAN TRỌNG

Ngoài ra bạn cũng có thể tham khảo và ủng hộ những topic sau để có sự tiến bộ về nhiều kỹ năng ~
[TIPs] Rewrite the sentences
Thành ngữ
[Dịch thuật] Word order

Luyện thi tốt nghiệp THPTQG môn tiếng Anh
NEXT 0.2
Chia sẻ phương pháp ôn thi
Tổng hợp kiến thức các môn

Chúc bạn một ngày vui vẻ!

Top Bottom