Điền từ

K

kaluhama

[TẶNG BẠN] TRỌN BỘ Bí kíp học tốt 08 môn
Chắc suất Đại học top - Giữ chỗ ngay!!

ĐĂNG BÀI NGAY để cùng trao đổi với các thành viên siêu nhiệt tình & dễ thương trên diễn đàn.

Cho e hỏi bài điền từ :
I’ve always kept a sharp eye (1)……….developments in building, so when it was time to plan my
own home, I was determined to build the home of the future. It wasn’t easy. There are rules and
regulations everywhere that seem to block (2)……..way and, to (3)……..matters worse, not
everyone agrees on the best way to go about it. It certainly gave me a window (4)……the world of
architecture to hear my architect explain the problems he knew we were going to face. Perhaps I
was crazy (that’s a (5)……..of opinion), but I knew what I wanted. It had to look great, but
(6)………the surface I wanted it to be high-tech and environmentally friendly. I did a lot of
research, and that certainly smoothed the (7)……for what was to come. I did some of the physical
work myself, putting up walls and bending things (8)……….shape, and I’d like to erect a
monument (9)……the person who invented solar-powered heating. In the end, my architect’s
predictions of doom (10)……..no foundation and it all took just eight months.

F

freakie_fuckie

*Challenge accepted* :D
I’ve always kept a sharp eye (1)…FOR…….developments in building, so when it was time to plan my own home, I was determined to build the home of the future. It wasn’t easy. There are rules and regulations everywhere that seem to block (2)…MY…..way and, to (3)…MAKE…..matters worse, not everyone agrees on the best way to go about it. It certainly gave me a window (4)…ON…the world of architecture to hear my architect explain the problems he knew we were going to face. Perhaps I was crazy (that’s a (5)…MATTER …..of opinion), but I knew what I wanted. It had to look great, but (6)……ON…the surface I wanted it to be high-tech and environmentally friendly. I did a lot of research, and that certainly smoothed the (7)…PATH…for what was to come. I did some of the physical work myself, putting up walls and bending things (8)…ON…….shape, and I’d like to erect a monument (9)…TO…the person who invented solar-powered heating. In the end, my architect’s predictions of doom (10)…HAVE…..no foundation and it all took just eight months.

(1)have/ keep a sharp eye for something: Yay, just a "sense-based" answer. This idiomatic expression just came across my mind unexpectedly when I was doing this. But honestly, I think "for" is a potential possibility for this blank, as it makes a very good sense when being inserted into context. Have a good/ trained/ sharp eye on something is a frequently-used phrase implying the state of being able to quickly spot the minor details of something , in short, it has the same meaning with "sensitive"
(2) block someone's way/ view/ etc : stop sb from seeing sth or going somewhere, to make them feel confused
(3) To make matters worse : No comment, it's too common an idiom to be given furthur explanation.
(4)a window on something : Just a figurative way to say a new way of learning something . Take note it if you need cause I think it's kinda helpful when you partake in writing a academic style essay.
(5)matter of opinion L :eek:key: I haven't come up with any better idea for this freaking blank. :( Just a "speculation" , make do with it till someone finds out the right one . =((
(6)on the surface : Generally , superficially .
(7)smooth the PATH for sth/ to do something : make sth easier to be done. Btw, bear it in mind, this is a strong collocation, therefore, no changes or additions are encouraged. Any synonyms of "path" taking place here will not be allowed apart from "way".
(8)on shape not sure but it sounds kinda familiar to me.
(9)to erect a monument to sb/ sth : a building, statue, column and the like built in remebrance to sb/ sth ( build to remind of somebody/ something

For example : A monument to who had laid down for independence was erected in Colombia in 1998.
Have no foundation : no basis, not based on fact.

Hope it helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom