English THPT Choose the sentence that is closest in meaning to the root one

Uyên Phan731

Học sinh
Thành viên
16 Tháng chín 2021
[TẶNG BẠN] TRỌN BỘ Bí kíp học tốt 08 môn
Chắc suất Đại học top - Giữ chỗ ngay!!

ĐĂNG BÀI NGAY để cùng trao đổi với các thành viên siêu nhiệt tình & dễ thương trên diễn đàn.

Choose the sentence that is closest in meaning to the root one

1. The train was due to leave five minutes ago.
A. The train is five minutes late in leave. B. The train was supposed to leave five minutes ago.
C. The train left on time. D. A or B.
2. However tempting the offer was, he would never agree to sell his business.
A. He wanted to sell his business. However, the offer is not tempting enough.
B. He attempted to sell his business, but failed to. C. He would agree to sell his business if the offer were tempting.
D. He would never agree to sell his business, even if he received a very tempting offer.
3. Never has anyone spoken to me like that ! A. I have never spoken that way. B. Some people always speak to me that way.
C. No one speaks to me that way. D. Everyone speaks to me that way.
4. If you need help, please stay on the line until an operator answers.
A. For help, wait for an operator to answer. B. For help, dial nine until an operator answers.
C. For help, answer the operator. D. For help, stand on the line.
5. Out of sight, out of mind. ”
A. When you don’t see a person often, you tend to forget him/her. B. You would be worried if you don’t see things you want to.
C. If you don’t see things with your eyes, you can’t believe them. D. When you don’t see things yourselves, you won’t like them.
6. I ran into Peter, a friend of mine on my way to work this morning.
A. Peter and I ran to work this morning. B. I met Peter unexpectedly on my way to work this morning.
C. Peter ran into his friend this morning. D. I met Peter on purpose on my way to work this morning.
7. I have to hurry to deposit this money before the bank closes.
A. If I hurry, I’ll get to the bank before closing time. B. The bank is closing my account as I haven’t deposited any money.
C. I do not need to hurry to the bank to deposit the money. D. I have to take some money out of the bank before it closes.
8. Despite his inexperience , he applied for the job.
A. He applied for the job because he has experience. B. He didn’t apply for the job because of his inexperience.
C. He was unable to apply for the job though he was experienced. D. He applied for the job even though he had no experience.
9. There was not much resemblance between the final version and the initial draft.
A. The initial draft is exactly the same as the final version. B. The final version and the initial draft resemble in many ways.
C. The final version is quite different from the initial draft. D. The final version is very similar to the initial draft.
10. Advances in computer technology are allowing users to reach into any part of the world by just clicking a mouse.
A. Computer technology advances every part of the world. B. Computer advances let users get any information easily.
C. Going everywhere is now enabled by advances in computer. D. Clicking a mouse let computer users reach the whole world.
11. It’s not impossible to undo what is done with computers.
A. Computers are impossible to undo. B. It is possible to have things done by computers.
C. Computers make it hard to remove what’s done. D. Computers allow a recovery of what has been done.
12. Mind your head as the ceiling is very low.
A. You’d better head for the ceiling. B. Keep thinking! C. Think carefully! D. Be careful with your head!

Reactions: S I M O

S I M O

Cựu Phụ trách nhóm Anh
Thành viên
19 Tháng tư 2017
Nam Định
Trái tim của Riky-Kun

1. The train was due to leave five minutes ago.
A. The train is five minutes late in leave. B. The train was supposed to leave five minutes ago.
2. However tempting the offer was, he would never agree to sell his business.
B. He attempted to sell his business, but failed to. C. He would agree to sell his business if the offer were tempting.
D. He would never agree to sell his business, even if he received a very tempting offer.
3. Never has anyone spoken to me like that ! A. I have never spoken that way. B. Some people always speak to me that way.
4. If you need help, please stay on the line until an operator answers.
A. For help, wait for an operator to answer. B. For help, dial nine until an operator answers.
C. For help, answer the operator. D. For help, stand on the line.
5. Out of sight, out of mind. ”
A. When you don’t see a person often, you tend to forget him/her. B. You would be worried if you don’t see things you want to.
C. If you don’t see things with your eyes, you can’t believe them. D. When you don’t see things yourselves, you won’t like them.
6. I ran into Peter, a friend of mine on my way to work this morning.
A. Peter and I ran to work this morning. B. I met Peter unexpectedly on my way to work this morning.
C. Peter ran into his friend this morning. D. I met Peter on purpose on my way to work this morning.
A. If I hurry, I’ll get to the bank before closing time. B. The bank is closing my account as I haven’t deposited any money.
C. I do not need to hurry to the bank to deposit the money. D. I have to take some money out of the bank before it closes.
8. Despite his inexperience , he applied for the job.
A. He applied for the job because he has experience. B. He didn’t apply for the job because of his inexperience.
C. He was unable to apply for the job though he was experienced. D. He applied for the job even though he had no experience.
9. There was not much resemblance between the final version and the initial draft.
A. The initial draft is exactly the same as the final version. B. The final version and the initial draft resemble in many ways.
C. The final version is quite different from the initial draft. D. The final version is very similar to the initial draft.
10. Advances in computer technology are allowing users to reach into any part of the world by just clicking a mouse.
A. Computer technology advances every part of the world. B. Computer advances let users get any information easily.
C. Going everywhere is now enabled by advances in computer. D. Clicking a mouse let computer users reach the whole world.
11. It’s not impossible to undo what is done with computers.
A. Computers are impossible to undo. B. It is possible to have things done by computers.
C. Computers make it hard to remove what’s done. D. Computers allow a recovery of what has been done.
12. Mind your head as the ceiling is very low.
A. You’d better head for the ceiling. B. Keep thinking! C. Think carefully! D. Be careful with your head!
1. The train was due to leave five minutes ago. (Tàu lẽ ra rời ga 5 phút trước)
A. The train is five minutes late in leave. (muộn 5' tuy nhiên chỉ đúng khi đuôi là in leaving chứ không phải in leave) B. The train was supposed to (be supposed to = được cho là) leave five minutes ago.
2. However tempting the offer was, he would never agree to sell his business. (Lời đề nghị có thu hút thế nào thì anh ấy cũng không bao giờ bán ....)
D. He would never agree to sell his business, even if (kể cả khi) he received a very tempting offer.
A, B, C sai nghĩa
3. Never has anyone spoken to me like that! (Chưa bao giờ có người nào nói với tôi như thế này) A. I have never spoken that way. B. Some people always speak to me that way.
A, B, D sai nghĩa
4. If you need help, please stay on the line until an operator answers. (Nếu bạn cần giúp đỡ, giữ cho đến khi người trực tổng đài trả lời)
C. For help, answer the operator. D. For help, stand on the line. (không có stand on the line)
5. Out of sight, out of mind. ” = xa mặt cách lòng
6. I ran into Peter, a friend of mine on my way to work this morning. (tôi tình cờ gặp bạn tôi - peter khi đang đi làm sáng hôm nay)
8. Despite his inexperience, he applied for the job. (Mặc dù không có chút kinh nghiệm nào, anh ấy vẫn ứng tuyển công việc đó)
9. There was not much resemblance between the final version and the initial draft. (không có nhiều sự giống nhau giữa ....)
Câu này mình dự đoán, phần chính là computer advances có ích như thế nào với con người nên loại A và D, tuy nhiên thì CA không đưa đi mọi nơi trên thế giới mà chỉ giúp tiếp cận đến mọi nơi nên mình thiên về câu B
11. It’s not impossible to undo what is done with computers. (Không thể nào không thể bỏ phần đã sai với máy tính)
12. Mind your head as the ceiling is very low. (Chú ý bảo vệ đầu, xà nhà rất thấp)
A. You’d better head for the ceiling. B. Keep thinking! C. Think carefully! D. Be careful with your head! (cẩn thận cái đầu của bạn nhé)

Ngoài ra bạn cũng có thể tham khảo và ủng hộ những topic sau để có sự tiến bộ về nhiều kỹ năng ~
[TIPs] Rewrite the sentences
Thành ngữ
[Dịch thuật] Word order

Luyện thi tốt nghiệp THPTQG môn tiếng Anh
NEXT 0.2
Chia sẻ phương pháp ôn thi
Tổng hợp kiến thức các môn

Chúc bạn một ngày vui vẻ!

Reactions: Uyên Phan731
Top Bottom