- 30 Tháng chín 2022
- Quảng Ninh
Chắc suất Đại học top - Giữ chỗ ngay!! ĐĂNG BÀI NGAY để cùng trao đổi với các thành viên siêu nhiệt tình & dễ thương trên diễn đàn.
I. MULTIPLE CHOICE (8.0 points)
Mark the letter A, B, c, or D to indicate the word whose underlined part is pronounced differently from that of the rest in each of the following questions.
1. A. weaved B. wandered C. published D. informed
2. A. reliable B. variety C. preserve D. resolve
Mark the letter A, B, c, or D to indicate the word that differs from the other three in the position of primary stress in each of the following questions.
3. A. helpline B. massive C. orbit D. career
4. A. emergency B. illiterate C. independence D. machinery
Mark the letter A, B, c, or D to indicate the underlined part that needs correction in each of the following questions.
5. Nowadays there are more and more places when we cannot use our phone.
A B C D
6. Almost American Indian cultures have been agricultural societies since 2000 BC.
A B C D
7. The children's television program called “Sesame Street” was seeing in
A B C
84 countries in 1989.
Mark the tetter A, B, c, or D to indicate the correct answer to each of the following questions.
8. My brother's hobby is________old postcards.
A. composing B. including C. taking D. collecting
9. Let's go for a walk this evening, ________?
A. won't we B. will we C. shall we D. don’t we
10. He couldn’t________himself laughing at the expression on his friend's face.
A. help B. stop C. escape D. avoid
11. - “When did he go away?” –“________minutes ago.”
A. Few B. A few C. A little D. Many
12. Most people prefer flying ________ going by sea because it's much faster.
A. from B. than C. to D. over
13. The problem with my grandfather is that he suffers from constant ________
A. sleepy B. sleepless C. sleeplessness D. asleep
14. I want you to________these instructions exactly.
A. take up B. put out C. turn up D. carry out
15. Amy and Anna look like sisters but actually they're not________.
A. family B. relation C. familiar D. related
16. Staying in a guesthouse costs________renting a room in a dormitory.
A. twice more than B. twice as much as
C. as much twice as D. as much as twice
Mark the letter A, B, c, or D to indicate the most suitable response to complete each of the following exchanges.
17. - “What can I do for you, madam?”
A. I'd like a kilo of apples. B. You can go your own way!
C. OK. Thanks a lot. D. Excuse me. I'm busy.
18. - “We appreciate your contribution to the success of our project.”
A. It pleased me. B. It was my pleasure,
C. That's alright. D. You can say that again.
Mark the letter A, B, c, or D to indicate the word(s) CLOSEST in meaning to the underlined word(s) in each of the following questions.
19. I only have time to tell you the main idea of it, not the details.
A. story B. gist C. list D. start
20. Wildlife on Earth is disappearing fast and will continues to do so unless urgent action is taken.
A. vanishing B. damaging C. polluting D. destroying
Mark the letter A, B, c, or D to indicate the word(s) OPPOSITE in meaning to the underlined word(s) in each of the following questions.
21. Fruit and vegetables grew in abundance on the island. The islanders even exported the surplus.
A. large quantity B. small quantity C. excess D. sufficiency
22. I think that the local authority should prohibit and fine heavily anyone catching fish in this lake.
A. allow B. discourage C. recognize D. agree
Read the following passage and mark the letter A, B, c, or D to indicate the correct word or phrase that best fits each of the numbered blanks.
Rivers are one of the world's most important natural resources. Many cities are on large rivers, and (23) _______every country has at least one river that plays an important part in the lives of its people.
Besides transportation, rivers (24) _______ food, water for crops, water to drink, and opportunities for recreation for people who live along their banks. And in order to get water for crops, engineers sometimes build a dam (25) _______a river and let the water become a lake behind the dam. Then people can use their water not only to irrigate fields but also to make electricity for homes and industries.
However, the water often becomes (26) _______ when cities on river banks grow in size and the number of industries increases. We are learning that it is necessary to keep rivers clean if we want to enjoy the (27) _______of the natural resources.
23. A. many B. a lot C. plenty of D. almost
24. A. provide B. support C. assist D. create
25. A.over B. across C. among D. under
26. A. crowded B. overloaded C. polluted D. excited
27. A. interests B. benefits C. tips D. receipts
Read the following passage and mark the letter A, B, c, or D to indicate the correct answer to each of the questions.
In early days no medical college took a woman student. Elizabeth Blackwell, however, was determined to become a doctor. The young American wrote
again and again to a number of medical colleges, asking if she could be enrolled but each time the answer was NO.
Then one day, to her surprise, she got a letter from the dean of a college in Geneva, which said YES.
At first Geneva College, like the other colleges, was not willing to enroll Elizabeth. But later the important people of that college learned that Elizabeth's application had the support of a famous doctor, and they were afraid to offend that man.
So the dean decided to play a trick by turning the matter over to the student's general meeting of the college, thinking that the students would be the last to agree to take Elizabeth.
When the boy students met, most students took no interest in the matter. Of the rest, some considered the young American's idea interesting and some thought by having Elizabeth they would be proud of their college training the world's first woman doctor. Very soon the students all agreed to accept Elizabeth.
The dean of Geneva College was of course very sorry to learn this, but seeing that he could do nothing to keep Elizabeth out, he gave in.
28. Elizabeth was surprised by the dean's letter, because it promised her to_______.
A. have free medical education B. go to Geneva
C. become a student in his college D. go to Italy
29. At first Geneva College_______accepting Elizabeth.
A. did not consider B. thought about
C. was interested in D. was not aware of
30. When the student body met to consider Elizabeth's application, _______.
A. most students were serious
B. many of the students showed no interest in the matter
C. most students took interest in the matter
D. most of the students were not joking
31. Some students thought if they let Elizabeth join them they could make_______.
A. her proud B. the dean proud
C. Geneva College proud D. him proud
32. The dean was very sorry when he saw his trick_______.
A. worked B. continued C. succeeded D. failed
II. WRITING (2.0 points)
Choose the correct sentence A, B, c, or D that is built front the words and phrases given.
33. We/ought/ submit/assignment/ tomorrow.
A. We ought submit our assignment tomorrow.
B. We ought to submit our assignment tomorrow.
C. We ought to have submitted our assignment tomorrow.
D. We ought have submitted our assignment tomorrow.
34. We/ hardly/ understand/ him/ because/ his accent.
A. We hardly ever can understand him because of his accent.
B. We may hardly understand him because his accent.
C. We hardly understand him because he has his accent.
D. We can hardly understand him because of his accent.
35. he/ retire/ eldest son/ take over/ business.
A. After he retired, his eldest son took over his business.
B. After retiring, his eldest son will take over his business.
C. After he retires, his eldest son will take over a business.
D. After he has retired, his eldest son took over a business.
36. The patient/ recover/ more/ rapidly/ expected.
A. The patient recovered rapidly he expected more than.
B. The patient has recovered more rapidly he expected.
C. The patient recovered more rapidly than expected.
D. The patient rapidly recovered than he more expected.
Write new sentences as similar as possible in meaning to the original sentences, using the given words in brackets. Do not change the given words in any way.
31. Stupidly, I left my umbrella at home, (which)
I left my umbrella at home, __________________________________________.
38. He was well trained by famous inventors. He went on to invent many useful machines, (and)
39. I go swimming. I have to keep my eyes closed underwater. (When)
40. The children played in the yard. Their mothers sat on the bench chatting, (whose)