English THCS Think of ONE word

Học sinh chăm học
Thành viên
20 Tháng mười hai 2020
[TẶNG BẠN] TRỌN BỘ Bí kíp học tốt 08 môn
Chắc suất Đại học top - Giữ chỗ ngay!!

ĐĂNG BÀI NGAY để cùng trao đổi với các thành viên siêu nhiệt tình & dễ thương trên diễn đàn.

1. The film company supplied an information _____ for the sponsors
She didn’t trust him when she discovered that he had told her a _____ of lies
The dealer shuffled the _____ and dealt the cards

2. Audiences prefer to see films _____ in exotic locations
Their new single _____ to the top of the charts
Sylvester Stallone _____ to fame with the movie Rocky

3. Many people hold the ____ that children should not be physically punished
She waited until the whole of the castle was in _____ and then took a photo
The pictures are currently on _____ in the local art gallery

4. All the workers want is a _____ wage for the work they do
A _____ number of people came along to the meeting
He offered to do all the cleaning if I did all the cooking, which seemed like a _____ deal

5. After being responsible for two _____ starts, the athlete was disqualified from the sprint
I couldn’t understand what Grandma was saying until in her _____ teeth
Making _____ statements to the police is an offence

6. When the lightning struck, a _____ of panic came over her, but she somehow managed to keep calm.
The latest crime _____ has caused a lot of concern among sociologists
She looked at him for a long time, and then, with a _____ of her hand, she was off

7. It’s irritating that they do nothing but _____ lies about our family. The whole village is about to believe their incredible stories
Don’t allow anyone to restrict your thinking abilities. I urge you to _____ your wings and do things your way
He opened the jar, took out some jam with his knife and _____ it evenly on the warm toast

8. If you find a task hard at first, I strongly advise you to _____ at it, and you will soon see a great improvement.
As a doctor who at times has to convey unpleasant information to patients, he often finds words _____ in his throat
As a child, I would spend hours cutting out pictures of my favorite pop stars, which I would then _____ in my album

9. These geese are very regular in their movements and were last seen flying over the northernmost _____ of Canada
Julian has found many items for his bed-sit on the rubbish ____ so he can save a lot of money
When you are cooking brown rice, a useful ____ is to soak it for a few hours beforehand

10. The pensioner owned a small vegetable _____ where he spent most of his days looking after his carrots and potatoes
As the _____ unfolds the film gathers pace and the actors can show their full potential
You can _____ all these numbers on 1 diagram for comparison

11. There’s nothing better than an early morning swim to _____ your spirits and set you up for the day
Pressure from local shopkeepers has led the council to _____ the ban on parking in the High Street
Sam was told not to _____ the lid of the saucepan while the meat was cooking

12. Her car skidded on a slippery road and was about to _____ into a roadside tree when she managed to get control
Nobody denies that he had a checkered _____ in business, but now he’s shining as one of the stars in our department
Being at crossroads after leaving college, he sought some professional advice from a _____ counsellor

13. Eating pizza can make people happy – it is a _____ food
Rock climbing pushes many people beyond their _____ zone
He could retire now and live in _____ for the rest of his life

14. The teacher said that he would not _____ such rude behavior in the class
Please _____ up to three weeks of delivery
These websites _____ consumers to compare the prices of all telephone providers

15. We just have to finish this section, then we’re _____ and dry
His grandmother is staying at a nursing _____ and he visits her every weekend
This island is _____ to many species of birds

16. The actress forgot her ____ in the opening night of the play
The anti-aging cream will reduce _____ on your face
Don’t ever cross railway _____ at this point, it’s dangerous

17. Please _____ your name clearly into the microphone
The president governs the country and the governor governs the _____
He was in a _____ of absolute shock

18. His resignation was immediately interpreted as an _____ of failure. Despite frantic efforts to revive the company, it recorded losses on the third time in a row
There is free _____ to all the museums on our tour which is good news for budget conscious visitors
Because Liam was completely drunk he was refused _____ to the disco and had to go home

19. Please come and ____ me in the tennis match
Danny is a bit miserable so we should really go round and try to ____ her up
A _____ went up as the Prince entered the stadium

20. Most tourists come to this part of the world to _____ in the scenery and soothing sounds of the jungle
I know it’s Dave’s fourth whisky, but I can assure you that he can hold his _____
May I have a soft _____, please? I’m driving today

21. Travelling and meetings are _____ and parcel of being a businessman
Mike decided to _____ the company with Jeff and set up his own firm when the difference between the two becaeme to big
Family get-togethers have been an intergral _____ of this small community’s life for decades

22. I won’t turn a deaf ear to your ideas. I’m always _____ to your suggestions
The society organises an _____ day to familiarise the public with its international activities
The intermediaries conciliatory gestures helped to _____ the way for further peace talks and negotiation

Top Bottom