English THCS Sentence Transformation

SGPvodichquocnoi

Học sinh mới
Thành viên
30 Tháng chín 2022
Hà Nội
[TẶNG BẠN] TRỌN BỘ Bí kíp học tốt 08 môn
Chắc suất Đại học top - Giữ chỗ ngay!!

ĐĂNG BÀI NGAY để cùng trao đổi với các thành viên siêu nhiệt tình & dễ thương trên diễn đàn.

Complete the second sentence so that it has a similar meaning to the first sentence, using the
word given. Do not change the word given. You must use between two and six words,
including the word given. There is an example at the beginning (0).
0. I haven’t enjoyed myself so much for years.
since
It’s years ......................since I enjoyed myself so much...................... .
21. Kate started her teaching career 10 years ago.
as
Kate ....................................................................................................................................................................................... for 10 years now.
22. I think you ought to decide right now.
were
If I .................................................................................................................................................................................. a decision right now.
23. I am studying online, so would you mind not playing the piano?
rather
I am studying online, so I ............................................................................................................................................................................
play the piano.
24. They asked for volunteers to help tidying up but everybody was busy that evening.
free
They asked for volunteers to help tidying up but ..................................................................................................................
........................................................................... that evening.
25. “Don’t tell Tyler too much or you’ll regret it,” she told her daughter.
against
She ....................................................................................................................................................................................... too much to Tyler.
26. I expect they were very happy to attend the graduation ceremony.
been
They ............................................................................................................................................................................................... very happy to
attend the graduation ceremony.
27. My elder sister likes to look after small children.
care
My elder sister enjoys ........................................................................................................................................................................................
small children.
28. He doesn’t have a good relationship with his younger brother.
gets
He ....................................................................................................................................................................................... his younger brother.
29. She’s just about to quit this diet because it does not work at all.
point
She’s ....................................................................................................................................................................................................... this diet up
because it does not work at all.
30. “You both lied to me”, Joe said to Jimmy and Megan.
lying
Joe ....................................................................................................................................................................................................................... to her.
31. Is that film likely to be shown on TV?
chance
Is there .......................................................................................................................................................................................................................
being shown on TV?
32. I’m afraid I’ve forgotten your name.
remember
I’m sorry, but I .......................................................................................................................................................................................................
your name is.
33. My sister tends to have instant noodle when she is at home alone.
habit
My sister is .......................................................................................................................................................................................................................
with instant noodle when she is at home alone.
34. It took him quite a long time to recover from the death of his pet dog.
over
It took him quite a long time .........................................................................................................................................................................
the death of his pet dog.
35. Have they decorated your apartment yet?
had
Have ................................................................................................................................................................................................................. up yet?
36. Mr Tom always wanted to know what his daughters were doing.
interest
Mr Tom always ........................................................................................................................................................................................................
what his daughters were doing.
37. Katherine said she always stayed at home on week nights.
out
“Rarely ................................................................................................................................................................................... on week nights,”
Katherine said.
38. My sister is as old as Raymond’s.
same
Raymond’s sister ...................................................................................................................................................................................... mine.
39. My brother has gained a lot of weight since last summer.
put
My brother .....................................................................................................................................................................................................................
a lot of weight since last summer.
40. At present we still have no applicants for the cleaning job.
has
So far ......................................................................................................................................................................................................................... the
cleaning job.

Tannie0903

Cựu Mod Tiếng Anh
Thành viên
8 Tháng mười hai 2021
Nghệ An
Complete the second sentence so that it has a similar meaning to the first sentence, using the
word given. Do not change the word given. You must use between two and six words,
since
It’s years ......................since I enjoyed myself so much...................... .
as
Kate ....................................................................................................................................................................................... for 10 years now.
were
If I .................................................................................................................................................................................. a decision right now.
rather
I am studying online, so I ............................................................................................................................................................................
play the piano.
24. They asked for volunteers to help tidying up but everybody was busy that evening.
free
They asked for volunteers to help tidying up but ..................................................................................................................
........................................................................... that evening.
against
She ....................................................................................................................................................................................... too much to Tyler.
been
They ............................................................................................................................................................................................... very happy to
care
My elder sister enjoys ........................................................................................................................................................................................
small children.
gets
He ....................................................................................................................................................................................... his younger brother.
point
She’s ....................................................................................................................................................................................................... this diet up
lying
Joe ....................................................................................................................................................................................................................... to her.
chance
Is there .......................................................................................................................................................................................................................
being shown on TV?
remember
I’m sorry, but I .......................................................................................................................................................................................................
your name is.
habit
My sister is .......................................................................................................................................................................................................................
over
It took him quite a long time .........................................................................................................................................................................
had
Have ................................................................................................................................................................................................................. up yet?
interest
Mr Tom always ........................................................................................................................................................................................................
out
“Rarely ................................................................................................................................................................................... on week nights,”
Katherine said.
same
Raymond’s sister ...................................................................................................................................................................................... mine.
put
My brother .....................................................................................................................................................................................................................
has
So far ......................................................................................................................................................................................................................... the
cleaning job.
SGPvodichquocnoi21. Kate started her teaching career 10 years ago.
as
Kate has worked as a teacher for 10 years now.
were
If I were you, i would make a decision right now.
=> câu dk loại 2 dùng để khuyên nhủ
rather
I am studying online, so I would rather you didn't play the piano.
free
They asked for volunteers to help tidying up but nobody was free that evening.
against
She warned her daughter against telling too much to Tyler.
warn sb against doing sth: cảnh báo ai không nên làm gì
been
They must have been very happy to attend the graduation ceremony.
care
My elder sister enjoys taking care of( chăm sóc=look after)
small children.
gets
He never gets on well with (=have a good relationship with )his younger brother.
point
She’s on the point of( có ý định) giving this diet up because it does not work at all.
lying
Joe accused Jimmy and Megan of lying to her.
Tham khảo thêm ở đây nhé:[TIPs] Bài tập viết lại câu (Rewrite the sentences)

Hien Dang

Cựu Mod tiếng Anh
Thành viên
2 Tháng chín 2021
Nam Định
NEU
since
as
were
rather
play the piano.
free
against
been
care
small children.
gets
point
lying
chance
being shown on TV?
remember
your name is.
habit
over
had
interest
out
Katherine said.
same
put
has
cleaning job.
SGPvodichquocnoi
chance
Is there ..........................any chance of that film.............................................................................................................................................................................................
being shown on TV?
remember
I’m sorry, but I ...................................don't remember what....................................................................................................................................................................
your name is.
habit
My sister is ................................in the habit of doing.......................................................................................................................................................................................
over
It took him quite a long time ..........................to get over...............................................................................................................................................
get over sth: vượt qua cái gì
had
Have ..........................you had your apartment done....................................................................................................................................................................................... up yet?
do up sth: trang trí cái gì
interest
Mr Tom always .................had an interest in knowing.......................................................................................................................................................................................
out
“Rarely ............do I go out....................................................................................................................................................................... on week nights,”
Katherine said.
Đảo ngữ
same
Raymond’s sister ..............................is the same age as........................................................................................................................................................ mine.
put
My brother ........................has put on.............................................................................................................................................................................................
put on weight: tăng cân
has
So far .............................no one has applied for............................................................................................................................................................................................ the
cleaning job.

Chúc bạn học tốt!
Làm thêm các bài tập tương tự tại [TIPs] Bài tập viết lại câu (Rewrite the sentences)

Top Bottom