English THPT Reading, rewriting and writing

vanthien2904

Học sinh mới
Thành viên
23 Tháng sáu 2022
Bà Rịa - Vũng Tàu
[TẶNG BẠN] TRỌN BỘ Bí kíp học tốt 08 môn
Chắc suất Đại học top - Giữ chỗ ngay!!

ĐĂNG BÀI NGAY để cùng trao đổi với các thành viên siêu nhiệt tình & dễ thương trên diễn đàn.

Read the text below. For questions 16- 20, write the letter (A, B, C, or D) of the correct answer in boxes 16- 20 on your answer sheet.
I had been happily working in the same company as a graphics designer for over ten years, so it came as a huge surprise when one day, without warning I was made redundant. In fact, most of the people in my department lost their jobs that day. When the personnel manager gave me the bad news, she explained that the company had been taken over by a big multinational corporation that was demanding a lot of changes.
So, one day I was in a comfortable job with a generous salary and plenty of annual leave and the next day I was unemployed. While it was nice to have time on my hands, I knew I would have to find a job fairly quickly. I soon found out that it wasn't so easy. No one was taking on new staff. Every morning I searched the Classified Ads, but there was nothing suitable, not even part-time positions.
Finally, a friend asked me if I was interested in helping out in her new cake shop. She needed somebody to deal with customers and to help her with the cake designs. At first, she could only pay me by the hour at rather a low hourly rate. To my surprise, I love the work.
I've been a cake designer for three years now. I'm so glad I didn't turn down my friend's job offer. We have so much work and now I'm no longer an employee. My friend and I are now partners in the best cake shop in town.
21.What is the writer's main aim in writing the text?
A. To advise people how to change the job
B. To talk about his changes in career
C. To describe his new job
D. To talk about differences between two jobs
22.What does the writer say about his past job?
A. It was a hard job but high salary.
B. It was a part-time job with low salary.
C. It was an interesting job at a big multinational corporation.
D. It was a comfortable job with high salary.
23.What did the writer do after losing his job?
A. He ran his own business.B. He asked his friend for a part-time job.
C. He tried to find another job.D. He worked part-time job for Classified Ads.
24.What did the writer think about his current job at first?
A. He really loved it.B. The salary was low.
C. He was so interested.D. It was hard.
25.What is the current job of the writer?
A. Graphics designerB. Cake designer
C. Personnel managerD. Employee at the cake shop
Questions 26- 35 (10ms)

Read the text below and fill each of the blanks with one suitable word from the box. For questions 26- 35, write the correct word in boxes 21- 30 on your answer sheet.
The relationship between students and teachers is (1)__________formal in the USA than in many other countries, especially at the college level. American college students do not (2) __________ when their teacher enters the room. Students are generally (3)__________to ask questions in class, to stop in the professor's of lice for extra help, and to phone if they are (4) __________ and need information. (5) ____________teachers allow students to enter class late or leave early, if necessary. (6) __________the lack of formality, students are still expected to be (7) ___________to their teacher and fellow classmates. When students want to ask questions, they usually (8)__________a hand and wait to be (9) _________ on. When the teacher or a student is speaking to the class, it is rude to begin whispering to another classmate. When a test is being given, talking to' a classmate is not only rude but also risky. Most American teachers consider that students who are talking to each other during a test are (10)_________.

1. A. much B. most C. a little D. less
2. A. sit upB. stand upC. go upD. stay up
3. A. encouragedB. encouragingC. to encourageD.encourage
4. A. wantedB. present C. absentD. healthy
5. A. MostB. Most ofC. Many ofD. Much of
6. A. ThoughB. AlthoughC. In spite to D. Despite
7. A. impoliteB. rudeC. politeD. kind
8. A. raise B. holdC. hangD. rise
9. A. goneB. calledC. invitedD. left
10. A. friendlyB. obedientC. cheatingD. playing
PART TWO: WRITING
SECTION 1(10ms)
Finish each of the following sentences in such a way that it means exactly the same as the sentence printed before it. Write your answers on your answer sheet.
31. He prefers going to the cinema to renting a DVD.
He would rather…………………………………………………………………………
32. Tom is a more careful driver than Peter.
Peter doesn’t …………………………………………………………………
33. I am sorry that I didn’t go to the party last Sunday.
I wish ……………………………………………………………………….
34. I’ll call the police if you don’t leave me alone!
Unless………………………………………………………….
35. It’s years since we decorated this room.
We haven’t…………………………………………………………………..
36. I haven’t seen that man here before.
It is the first time .....................................
37. Although his leg was broken, he managed to get out of the car.
In spite of ......................................................................
38. I have learned English for seven years.
I started .........................................................................
39. They spent six hours getting to Paris.
It took ................................................................................
40. How much does your suitcase weigh?
How heavy .........................................................................

Write a letter (about 120 words) to your friend/colleague/ parents/relatives about your favourite sport.
Your letter should include:
- What kind of sport do you like best?
- Can you play it?
- Who is your favourite athlete?

Reactions: Lê Minh Huyền

_dm.ttt

Cựu TMod Anh
Thành viên
7 Tháng sáu 2017
Đắk Lắk
FTU2
I had been happily working in the same company as a graphics designer for over ten years, so it came as a huge surprise when one day, without warning I was made redundant. In fact, most of the people in my department lost their jobs that day. When the personnel manager gave me the bad news, she explained that the company had been taken over by a big multinational corporation that was demanding a lot of changes.
So, one day I was in a comfortable job with a generous salary and plenty of annual leave and the next day I was unemployed. While it was nice to have time on my hands, I knew I would have to find a job fairly quickly. I soon found out that it wasn't so easy. No one was taking on new staff. Every morning I searched the Classified Ads, but there was nothing suitable, not even part-time positions.
Finally, a friend asked me if I was interested in helping out in her new cake shop. She needed somebody to deal with customers and to help her with the cake designs. At first, she could only pay me by the hour at rather a low hourly rate. To my surprise, I love the work.
I've been a cake designer for three years now. I'm so glad I didn't turn down my friend's job offer. We have so much work and now I'm no longer an employee. My friend and I are now partners in the best cake shop in town.
B. To talk about his changes in career (nói về những thay đổi trong sự nghiệp của tác giả)
(Bài đọc này nói về hành trình tác giả từ khi làm 1 nhà thiết kế đồ hoạ được hơn 10 năm và bị sa thải. Sau đó anh ta liên tục tìm kiếm việc làm trên các trang quảng cáo mỗi ngày nhưng vẫn không tìm được chỗ phù hợp. Cuối cùng anh ta bén duyên với công việc tại 1 tiệm làm bánh từ 1 lời mời của người bạn.)

D. It was a comfortable job with high salary. (Căn cứ vào câu: "So, one day I was in a comfortable job with a generous salary and plenty of annual leave and the next day I was unemployed.")
C. He tried to find another job. (như đã giải thích ở câu 1) D. He worked part-time job for Classified Ads.
A. He really loved it.B. The salary was low. (Căn cứ: "At first, she could only pay me by the hour at rather a low hourly rate.")
A. Graphics designerB. Cake designer (Căn cứ: "I've been a cake designer for three years now. ")

Chúc bạn học tốt!

Bạn có thể tham khảo thêm reading made easy để luyện kỹ năng đọc của bản thân nhé!

Last edited:

Tannie0903

Cựu Mod Tiếng Anh
Thành viên
8 Tháng mười hai 2021
Nghệ An
Read the text below. For questions 16- 20, write the letter (A, B, C, or D) of the correct answer in boxes 16- 20 on your answer sheet.
Questions 26- 35 (10ms)

Read the text below and fill each of the blanks with one suitable word from the box. For questions 26- 35, write the correct word in boxes 21- 30 on your answer sheet.
The relationship between students and teachers is (1)__________formal in the USA than in many other countries, especially at the college level. American college students do not (2) __________ when their teacher enters the room. Students are generally (3)__________to ask questions in class, to stop in the professor's of lice for extra help, and to phone if they are (4) __________ and need information. (5) ____________teachers allow students to enter class late or leave early, if necessary. (6) __________the lack of formality, students are still expected to be (7) ___________to their teacher and fellow classmates. When students want to ask questions, they usually (8)__________a hand and wait to be (9) _________ on. When the teacher or a student is speaking to the class, it is rude to begin whispering to another classmate. When a test is being given, talking to' a classmate is not only rude but also risky. Most American teachers consider that students who are talking to each other during a test are (10)_________.

SECTION 1(10ms)
Finish each of the following sentences in such a way that it means exactly the same as the sentence printed before it. Write your answers on your answer sheet.
In spite of ......................................................................
I started .........................................................................
It took ................................................................................
How heavy .........................................................................

Write a letter (about 120 words) to your friend/colleague/ parents/relatives about your favourite sport.
- Can you play it?
vanthien2904Questions 26- 35 (10ms)

2. A. sit upB. stand up( đứng lên)C. go upD. stay up
3. A. encouraged( được khuyến khích) B. encouragingC. to encourageD.encourage
4. A. wantedB. present C. absent( vắng mặt)D. healthy
5. A. Most( hầu hết) B. Most ofC. Many ofD. Much of
although/though + S + V; in spite of /despite + N/ving

7. A. impoliteB. rudeC. polite( lịch sử)D. kind
8. A. raise ( giơ lên) B. holdC. hangD. rise
9. A. goneB. called( gọi)C. invitedD. left
10. A. friendlyB. obedientC. cheating( gian lận)D. playing
Chúc bạn học tốt!!

Reactions: vanthien2904

Hien Dang

Cựu Mod tiếng Anh
Thành viên
2 Tháng chín 2021
Nam Định
NEU
Questions 26- 35 (10ms)

SECTION 1(10ms)

- Can you play it?
vanthien2904
He would rather…………go to the cinema than rent a DVD………………………………………………………………
Cấu trúc would rather do sth than do sth
Peter doesn’t ……………drive as carefully as Tom does……………………………………………………
Cấu trúc so sánh
I wish ………………I had gone to the party last Sunday……………………………………………………….
Cấu trúc câu wish
Unless…………you leave me alone, I'll call the police……………………………………………….
Cấu trúc câu điều kiện với unless
We haven’t………………decorated this room for years…………………………………………………..
It is the first time ...........I have ever seen that man here..........................
Cấu trúc it is the first time + thì hiện tại hoàn thành
In spite of ...........his broken leg, he managed to get out of the car...........................................................
In spite of + Noun/noun phrases
I started ................learning English seven years ago.........................................................
It took ...............them six hours to get to Paris.................................................................
Cấu trúc it takes sb + thời gian + to do sth
How heavy ...............is your suitcase..........................................................

Chúc bạn học tốt!
Ghé qua topic [TIPs] Bài tập viết lại câu (Rewrite the sentences) để tham khảo thêm về dạng bài này nhé

Top Bottom