English THPT Reading and rewriting

vanthien2904

Học sinh mới
Thành viên
23 Tháng sáu 2022
Bà Rịa - Vũng Tàu
[TẶNG BẠN] TRỌN BỘ Bí kíp học tốt 08 môn
Chắc suất Đại học top - Giữ chỗ ngay!!

ĐĂNG BÀI NGAY để cùng trao đổi với các thành viên siêu nhiệt tình & dễ thương trên diễn đàn.

I never really enjoyed any sports that I played at school. I remember when I played football. I always played as a goalkeeper, but I used to get bored, and I just stood there and listened to music. Then when the other side scored, the rest of my team would shout at me. Later on, I tried tennis which wasn't much better. I used to have this habit of dropping the racket each time I went to hit the ball. The worst thing was when I actually won a game for the first time. I was so excited that I ran and tried to jump over the net but caught my foot on it, fell and broke my arm.
My latest attempt to get in shape was when I tried boxing at a local gym. My first fight was unforgettable. I was ready in the ring, and the bell rang for the start of the first half. I was so nervous that I just closed my eyes and swung. Unfortunately, I punched the referee in the head and knocked him out instead of my opponent. Needless to say that was the end of my boxing career and "embarrassed" was the word for how I felt.
Next I decided to take up horse riding with two old school friends. On our first journey, I managed to control my horse. We took some rest after 30 minutes. Then, when I continued my riding, my horse suddenly misbehaved and ran so fast. I fell off the horse and broke my back. I keep on wanting to try out other sports even though I know I'll never be successful.

Question 1: What is the main aim of the writer in writing this text?
A. Encourage people to play a variety of sports
B. Explain how to play some sports
C. Tell people his sport disasters
D. Warn people against accidents in sports
Question 2: What sports has the writer ever tried?
A. Tennis, football, horse riding, cycling
B. Football, tennis, boxing, horse riding
C. Table tennis, boxing, football, cycling
D. Table tennis, football, boxing, horse riding
Question 3: What was wrong with the writer when he went in for football?
A. He broke his leg.
B. He kicked his teammate.
C. He let the other side score.
D. He shouted at his team.
Question 4: What made the writer feel embarrassed?
A. He knocked the referee out in the first half.
B. He scored for the other team.
C. He fell off the horse.
D. He hit his teammate.
Question 5: Why did the writer break his back?
A. He jumped and caught the ball.
B. He fell off the horse.
C. He was knocked out by his opponent.
D. He ran so fast and fell

Finish each of the following sentences in such a way that it means exactly the same as the sentence printed before it. Write your answers on your answer sheet.
1. The last time it snowed here was 40 years ago
It hasn’t ......................................................................................
2. We didn’t go on holiday because we didn’t have much money
If we ............................................................................................
3. They don’t allow smoking in many public places.
Smoking isn’t..............................................................................
4. Although the traffic was heavy, the little girl crossed the street.
Despite .........................................................................................
5. “Why didn’t you send the report?”, his boss asked.
His boss asked ................................................................................

_dm.ttt

Cựu TMod Anh
Thành viên
7 Tháng sáu 2017
Đắk Lắk
FTU2
I never really enjoyed any sports that I played at school. I remember when I played football. I always played as a goalkeeper, but I used to get bored, and I just stood there and listened to music. Then when the other side scored, the rest of my team would shout at me. Later on, I tried tennis which wasn't much better. I used to have this habit of dropping the racket each time I went to hit the ball. The worst thing was when I actually won a game for the first time. I was so excited that I ran and tried to jump over the net but caught my foot on it, fell and broke my arm.
My latest attempt to get in shape was when I tried boxing at a local gym. My first fight was unforgettable. I was ready in the ring, and the bell rang for the start of the first half. I was so nervous that I just closed my eyes and swung. Unfortunately, I punched the referee in the head and knocked him out instead of my opponent. Needless to say that was the end of my boxing career and "embarrassed" was the word for how I felt.
Next I decided to take up horse riding with two old school friends. On our first journey, I managed to control my horse. We took some rest after 30 minutes. Then, when I continued my riding, my horse suddenly misbehaved and ran so fast. I fell off the horse and broke my back. I keep on wanting to try out other sports even though I know I'll never be successful.

C. Tell people his sport disasters (Tác giả kể về những thảm hoạ của anh ấy khi chơi nhiều môn thể thao khác nhau)
A. He broke his leg.
C. He let the other side score. (Căn cứ: "I always played as a goalkeeper, but I used to get bored, and I just stood there and listened to music. Then when the other side scored...")
A. He knocked the referee out in the first half. (Căn cứ: " I punched the referee in the head and knocked him out instead of my opponent. Needless to say that was the end of my boxing career and "embarrassed" was the word for how I felt.")
D. He hit his teammate.
B. He fell off the horse. (căn cứ: "...my horse suddenly misbehaved and ran so fast. I fell off the horse and broke my back")

Finish each of the following sentences in such a way that it means exactly the same as the sentence printed before it. Write your answers on your answer sheet.
It hasn’t snowed here for 40 years. (The last time + S + V2_ed was + time + ago = S+ have/has not + PP + for + time).
If we had had much money, we would have gone on holiday. (Cấu trúc CĐK loại 3: If + S + had + PP, S + would/could + have + PP).
Smoking isn’t allowed in many public places (bị động)
Despite the heavy traffic, the little girl crossed the street. (Although + S + V = Despite + N/NP).
His boss asked why I hadn't sent the report. (Câu tường thuật).

Bạn có thể hỏi thêm nếu không rõ phần nào nhé!

Lý thuyết câu Tường thuật: Tại đây
Lý thuyết câu Bị động: Tại đây

Chúc bạn học tốt!

Tannie0903

Cựu Mod Tiếng Anh
Thành viên
8 Tháng mười hai 2021
Nghệ An

C. Tell people his sport disasters
A. He broke his leg.
C. He let the other side score.
A. He knocked the referee out in the first half.
D. He hit his teammate.
B. He fell off the horse.

It hasn’t ......................................................................................
If we ............................................................................................
Smoking isn’t..............................................................................
Despite .........................................................................................
His boss asked ................................................................................
vanthien2904Tên bài đăng phải đạt liên quan đến các kiến thức bạn muốn hỏi để giúp các bạn khác có thể biết để tham khảo nhé:Tonton16
Lần sau rút kinh nghiệm nha <33
Chúc bạn học tốt!!

Reactions: vanthien2904
Top Bottom