English THCS Key Word Sentence Transformation

SGPvodichquocnoi

Học sinh mới
Thành viên
30 Tháng chín 2022
Hà Nội
[TẶNG BẠN] TRỌN BỘ Bí kíp học tốt 08 môn
Chắc suất Đại học top - Giữ chỗ ngay!!

ĐĂNG BÀI NGAY để cùng trao đổi với các thành viên siêu nhiệt tình & dễ thương trên diễn đàn.

Complete the second sentence so that it has a similar meaning to the first sentence, using the
word given. Do not change the word given. You must use between two and six words,
including the word given.

41. It was John’s first visit to America.
never
John ....................................................................................................................................................................................... to America before.
42. This is a very dry part of the country.
hardly
In this part of the country ............................................................................................................................................................... rains.
43. Helen doesn’t like informatics as much as I do.
keen
Helen ......................................................................................................................................................................... informatics than I am.
44. She is only allowed to go out after tidying up her bedroom.
been
She isn’t allowed to go out until ..................................................................................................................................................... up.
45. Talking is prohibited in the library.
supposed
You .................................................................................................................................................................................................... in the library.
46. He blushed when his mother showed his friends pictures of him as a baby.
embarrassed
He ...................................................................................................................................................................................... his mother showing
his friends pictures of him as a baby.
47. Janice asked what my reaction to her decision was.
felt
Janice asked ................................................................................................................................................................................ her decision.
48. William doesn’t have enough money for a birthday present for her.
afford
William ................................................................................................................................................................................................................ her a
birthday present.
49. The field trip was cancelled because the guide was ill.
result
The field trip was cancelled ........................................................................................................................................................ illness.
50. The students and their teacher do not like to participate in the project.
part
Neither the students nor their teacher ...............................................................................................................................................
.....................................................................the project.
51. All the contestants performed brilliantly in the final round.
brilliant
All the contestants ................................................................................................................................................................................................
in the final round.
52. We hadn’t expected the weather to be so bad.
worse
The weather ........................................................................................................................................................................................ expected.
53. Perhaps Rose saw your student’s card in the library, so why don’t you ask her?
have
Rose ................................................................................................................................................................................................... in the library,
so why don’t you ask her?
54. Karen knew that her children had to be home by 6 o’clock.
necessary
Karen knew that .......................................................................................................................................................................................................
her children to be home by 6 o’clock.
55. Kevin was treated unfairly by his colleagues.
deserve
Kevin ........................................................................................................................................................................................ treated that way
by his colleagues.
56. The Burj Khalifar in Dubai is much taller than any other building in the world.
far
The Burj Khalifar in Dubai is .......................................................................................................................................................................
building in the world.
57. There isn’t much chance of the weather improving today.
likely
The weather ................................................................................................................................................................................ bettertoday.
58. Going fishing wasn’t much fun because I went by myself.
gone
I wish I ........................................................................................................................................................................... my own because it
wasn’t much fun.
59. Why didn’t you tell me everyone absent from class yesterday?
should
You ........................................................................................................................................................................ went to class yesterday.
60. Her grandmother can never understand airport announcements.
out
Her grandmother ............................................................................................................................................................................... airport
announcements.

Nguyễn Thị Ngọc Bảo

Cựu TMod tiếng Anh | CN CLB Địa Lí
Thành viên
28 Tháng tám 2017
Nghệ An
Nghệ An
๖ۣۜɮօռìǟƈɛ❦
Complete the second sentence so that it has a similar meaning to the first sentence, using the
word given. Do not change the word given. You must use between two and six words,
including the word given.

never
John ....................................................................................................................................................................................... to America before.
hardly
In this part of the country ............................................................................................................................................................... rains.
keen
Helen ......................................................................................................................................................................... informatics than I am.
been
She isn’t allowed to go out until ..................................................................................................................................................... up.
supposed
You .................................................................................................................................................................................................... in the library.
embarrassed
He ...................................................................................................................................................................................... his mother showing
felt
Janice asked ................................................................................................................................................................................ her decision.
afford
William ................................................................................................................................................................................................................ her a
birthday present.
result
The field trip was cancelled ........................................................................................................................................................ illness.
part
Neither the students nor their teacher ...............................................................................................................................................
.....................................................................the project.
51. All the contestants performed brilliantly in the final round.
brilliant
All the contestants ................................................................................................................................................................................................
in the final round.
52. We hadn’t expected the weather to be so bad.
worse
The weather ........................................................................................................................................................................................ expected.
53. Perhaps Rose saw your student’s card in the library, so why don’t you ask her?
have
Rose ................................................................................................................................................................................................... in the library,
so why don’t you ask her?
54. Karen knew that her children had to be home by 6 o’clock.
necessary
Karen knew that .......................................................................................................................................................................................................
her children to be home by 6 o’clock.
55. Kevin was treated unfairly by his colleagues.
deserve
Kevin ........................................................................................................................................................................................ treated that way
by his colleagues.
56. The Burj Khalifar in Dubai is much taller than any other building in the world.
far
The Burj Khalifar in Dubai is .......................................................................................................................................................................
building in the world.
57. There isn’t much chance of the weather improving today.
likely
The weather ................................................................................................................................................................................ bettertoday.
58. Going fishing wasn’t much fun because I went by myself.
gone
I wish I ........................................................................................................................................................................... my own because it
wasn’t much fun.
59. Why didn’t you tell me everyone absent from class yesterday?
should
You ........................................................................................................................................................................ went to class yesterday.
60. Her grandmother can never understand airport announcements.
out
Her grandmother ............................................................................................................................................................................... airport
announcements.
SGPvodichquocnoiBạn tham khảo câu 41- 50 nhé!
never
John .........................................has never been........................................................... to America before.
hardly
In this part of the country ......................it hardly......................................................................................................................................... rains.
keen
Helen .............................doesn't keen on............................................................................................................................................ informatics than I am.
like = keen on
been
She isn’t allowed to go out until .........................her bedroom has been tidied............................................................................................................................ up.
supposed
You .................................are not supposed to talk................................................................................................................................................................... in the library.
embarrassed
He ...................was embarrassed when................................................................................................................................................................... his mother showing
blush = embarrass
felt
Janice asked .............................how I felt about................................................................................................................................................... her decision.
how sb feel about sth = reaction to sth
afford
William ........................................can not afford to buy.................................................................................................................... her a
birthday present.
result
The field trip was cancelled .........................as a result of the guide's............................................ illness.
as a result of = because of
part
Neither the students nor their teacher ...............................doesn't like to take part in................................................................................................................
take part in = participate in
Tham khảo thêm [TIPs] Rewrite the sentences. Chúc bạn học tốt!

Top Bottom