English 8 revision (unit 4,5,6)

Thái Sơn Long

Học sinh chăm học
Thành viên
21 Tháng ba 2017
[TẶNG BẠN] TRỌN BỘ Bí kíp học tốt 08 môn
Chắc suất Đại học top - Giữ chỗ ngay!!

ĐĂNG BÀI NGAY để cùng trao đổi với các thành viên siêu nhiệt tình & dễ thương trên diễn đàn.

I. Put the following commands and requests into reported speech.

Ex: The teacher said to Tim, “Come into my office, please.”

The teacher asked/ told Tim to come into his/her office.

1. Their mother said to them, “Don’t make so much noise.”

................................................................................................................................................

2. The traffic policeman said, “Show me your driving license, please.”

................................................................................................................................................

3. Mrs. Jackson said to Tim, “Could you give me a hand, please.”

4. The lifeguard said, “Don’t swim out too far, boys.”

5. Nam said to the taxi driver, “Please turn left at the first traffic light.”

6. She said her son, “Go straight upstairs and get into bed.”

7. The policeman said, “Don’t touch anything in the room.”

8. Mary said to John, “Can you carry my suitcase, please?

II. Yesterday morning Mr. Robinson was ill. He went to the doctor and the doctor gave him some advice. Report the doctor’s advice.

Ex: “You should take a few days off.”

The doctor said he should take a few days off.

1. “You should stay in bed for a few days.”

2. “You should take these medicines every four hours.”

3. “You ought to keep your body warm.”

4. “You shouldn’t drink alcohol or smoke.”

5. “You ought not to eat fatty food.”

6. “You should take a little hot milk before sleeping”

III. Put these sentences into directed speech.

clip_image001.gif
Ex: I told Tim to hurry up. “Hurry up!” I said to Tim.

1. The teacher asked Susan to go to the blackboard.

2. He told me not to leave the door open.

3. My mother asked me help her with that heavy box.

4. Mrs. Jackson said Tim should improve his Spanish pronunciation.

5. They asked their mother not to worry about them.

6. Nam’s mother advised he shouldn’t drive too fast.

7. The policeman told me to move my car.

8. The doctor said I should stay in bed for a few days.

IV. Supply the correct form or tense of the verbs in brackets.

1. Hoa’s teacher wants her ........................(spend) more time on Math.

2. I promise I ........................(try) my best next semester.

3. Sandra needs ........................(improve) her English writing.

4. They didn’t try ........................(learn) all new words they ........................(come) across.

5. You should ........................(underline) the word you want ........................(learn).

6. Can you help me ........................(move) this table?

7. Nam always ........................(get) grade A for Physics, but last semester he ........................(get) B. So Nam’s teacher asked him ........................(study) harder this semester.

8. They were proud of ........................(be) so successful.

V. Complete the sentences with the correct word form.

1. What is the correct ........................of this word?(pronounce)
  2. There is room for further ........................in your English. (improve)
  3. My grandmother can read ........................without glasses. (good)
  4. She actively ........................in social work. (participation)
  5. Last year we had an ........................summer holiday. (enjoy)
  6. He was ........................of his achievements in the field of politics. (pride)
  7. You’d better do some ........................for the final exams. (revise)
  8. The ........................of the project made me tense. (important)

VI. Fill in each blank with a suitable preposition.

1. Please wait ........................me a few minutes.

2. You can use dictionary to find ........................new words.

3. They are very proud ........................their new house.

4. My sister is not very good ........................math.

5. Tim should work harder........................his Spanish pronunciation.

6. Do you believe ........................ghosts?

7. Try to learn the meaning of new words ........................heart.

8. I got good grade ........................English and history.

VII. Complete these sentences with “used to” or “didn’t use to”

Ex: I used to go swimming (go swimming) but now I don’t go swimming any more.

1. My father gave up smoking two years ago. He ...............................(smoke) a packet of cigarettes a day.
  2. There ...............................(be) a movie theater here but it closed a long time ago.
  3. Mr. An .................................(not drink) coffee when he was young but he likes it now.
  4. Peter ..............................(have) a motorbike, but last month he sold it and bought a car.
  5. I ...............................(not like) her but we are best friends now.
  6. They came to live in the city last year. They ...........................(live) in a small village in the country.
  7. My sister ............................(play) tennis a lot but she doesn’t play very often now.
  8. When I was a child I ..............................(not study) hard.

VIII. Supply the correct verb form, positive or negative.

Ex: I was very tired, so I went (go) to bed early.

Mrs. Trang didn’t go (go) to work yesterday. She wasn’t feeling well.

1. It stopped raining, so I .........................(take) off my raincoat.
  2. The novel wasn’t very interesting. I .........................(enjoy) it very much.
  3. We went to Kate’s house but she .........................(be) at home.
  4. She was in a hurry, so she .........................(have) time to phone you.
  5. The story was very funny but nobody ...........................(laugh)
  6. Tom was very hungry. He ...........................(eat) like a horse.
  7. The room was so cold, therefore we ..........................(sleep) well.
  8. It was hard work carrying the bags. They ...........................(be) very heavy.
  9. The window was open and a bird ..............................(fly) into the room.
10. It was very hot, so I ..........................(turn) on the air-conditioner.

Hạnh Hạnh Alison

Học sinh
Thành viên
12 Tháng sáu 2017
Vĩnh Phúc

....The mother told them not to make so much noise............................................................................................................................................

The traffic policeman asked me to show him my driving license

Mrs.Jackson told Tim to give him a hand

The lifeguard..told the boys not to swim out too far.......................................................................................................................

...Nam asked the taxi driver to .turn left at the first traffic light.................................................................................................................................

She told her son to go straight upstairs and get into bed................................................................................................................................................

The policeman told me not to touch anything in the room................................................................................................................................................

Marry asked John to carry her suitcase................................................................................................................................................

1. It stopped raining, so I .took........................(take) off my raincoat.
  2. The novel wasn’t very interesting. I .didn't enjoy........................(enjoy) it very much.
  3. We went to Kate’s house but she .......was..................(be) at home.
  4. She was in a hurry, so she ..........didn't have...............(have) time to phone you.
  5. The story was very funny but nobody ............laughed...............(laugh)
  6. Tom was very hungry. He ........ate...................(eat) like a horse.
  7. The room was so cold, therefore we ............didn't sleep..............(sleep) well.
  8. It was hard work carrying the bags. They ...............were............(be) very heavy.
  9. The window was open and a bird ...............flew...............(fly) into the room.
10. It was very hot, so I ...........turned...............(turn) on the air-conditioner.

1. Please wait .................for.......me a few minutes.

2. You can use dictionary to find ..........out..............new words.

3. They are very proud .....of...................their new house.

4. My sister is not very good ............at............math.

5. Tim should work harder...........in.............his Spanish pronunciation.

6. Do you believe ..............in..........ghosts?

7. Try to learn the meaning of new words ..................by......heart.

8. I got good grade ...............at.........English and history.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yêu HM

Học sinh tiến bộ
Thành viên
27 Tháng hai 2017
Bình Thuận
THCS Chợ Lầu

II. Yesterday morning Mr. Robinson was ill. He went to the doctor and the doctor gave him some advice. Report the doctor’s advice.

clip_image001.gif

1. Hoa’s teacher wants her ........................(spend) more time on Math.

2. I promise I ........................(try) my best next semester.

3. Sandra needs ........................(improve) her English writing.

4. They didn’t try ........................(learn) all new words they ........................(come) across.

5. You should ........................(underline) the word you want ........................(learn).

6. Can you help me ........................(move) this table?

7. Nam always ........................(get) grade A for Physics, but last semester he ........................(get) B. So Nam’s teacher asked him ........................(study) harder this semester.

8. They were proud of ........................(be) so successful.

1. What is the correct ........................of this word?(pronounce)
  2. There is room for further ........................in your English. (improve)
  3. My grandmother can read ........................without glasses. (good)
  4. She actively ........................in social work. (participation)
  5. Last year we had an ........................summer holiday. (enjoy)
  6. He was ........................of his achievements in the field of politics. (pride)
  7. You’d better do some ........................for the final exams. (revise)
  8. The ........................of the project made me tense. (important)

1. Please wait ........................me a few minutes.

2. You can use dictionary to find ........................new words.

3. They are very proud ........................their new house.

4. My sister is not very good ........................math.

5. Tim should work harder........................his Spanish pronunciation.

6. Do you believe ........................ghosts?

7. Try to learn the meaning of new words ........................heart.

8. I got good grade ........................English and history.

1. My father gave up smoking two years ago. He ...............................(smoke) a packet of cigarettes a day.
  2. There ...............................(be) a movie theater here but it closed a long time ago.
  3. Mr. An .................................(not drink) coffee when he was young but he likes it now.
  4. Peter ..............................(have) a motorbike, but last month he sold it and bought a car.
  5. I ...............................(not like) her but we are best friends now.
  6. They came to live in the city last year. They ...........................(live) in a small village in the country.
  7. My sister ............................(play) tennis a lot but she doesn’t play very often now.
  8. When I was a child I ..............................(not study) hard.

1. It stopped raining, so I .........................(take) off my raincoat.
  2. The novel wasn’t very interesting. I .........................(enjoy) it very much.
  3. We went to Kate’s house but she .........................(be) at home.
  4. She was in a hurry, so she .........................(have) time to phone you.
  5. The story was very funny but nobody ...........................(laugh)
  6. Tom was very hungry. He ...........................(eat) like a horse.
  7. The room was so cold, therefore we ..........................(sleep) well.
  8. It was hard work carrying the bags. They ...........................(be) very heavy.
  9. The window was open and a bird ..............................(fly) into the room.
10. It was very hot, so I ..........................(turn) on the air-conditioner.

=> Their mother told them not to make so much noise.

=> The traffic policeman told me show him my driving license.

=> Mrs. Jackson asked Tim to give her a hand.

=> The life guard told the boys not to swim out too far.

=> Nam asked the taxi driver to turn left at the first traffic light.

=> She told her son to go straight upstairs and get into bed.

=> The policeman told me not to touch anything in the room.

=> Mary asked Jonh to carry her suitcase.

=> The doctor said he should stay in bed for a few days.

=> The doctor said he should take these medicines every four hours.

=> The doctor said he ought, to keep his body warm.

=> The doctor said he shouldn’t drink alcohol or smoke.

=> The doctor said he ought not to eat fatty food.

=> The doctor said he should take a little hot milk before sleeping.

clip_image001.gif

=> The teacher said to Susan, “Go to the blackboard, please.”

=> He said, “Don’t leave the door open.”

=> My mother said to me, “Please help me with this heavy box.”

=> Mrs. Jackson said to Tim, “You should improve your Spanish pronunciation.”

=> Mrs. Jackson said to Tim, “You should improve your Spanish pronunciation.”

=> Nam’s mother said, “You shouldn’t drive too fast, Nam.”

=> The policeman said to me, “Move your car, please”.

=> The doctor said, “You should stay in bed for a few days”.

1. Hoa’s teacher wants her to spend (spend) more time on Math.

2. I promise I will try (try) my best next semester.

3. Sandra needs to improve (improve) her English writing.

4. They didn’t try to learn (learn) all new words they came (come) across.

5. You should underline (underline) the word you want to learn (learn).

6. Can you help me move (move) this table?

7. Nam always gets (get) grade A for Physics, but last semester he got (get) B. So Nam’s teacher asked him to study (study) harder this semester.

8. They were proud of being (be) so successful.

1. What is the correct pronunciation of this word?(pronounce)
  2. There is room for further improvement in your English. (improve) (Chưa chắc)
  3. My grandmother can read well without glasses. (good)
  4. She actively participated in social work. (participation) (Câu này cũng không chắc nốt :v)
  5. Last year we had an enjoyable summer holiday. (enjoy)
  6. He was proud of his achievements in the field of politics. (pride)
  7. You’d better do some revision for the final exams. (revise)
  8. The important of the project made me tense. (important)

1. Please wait for me a few minutes.

2. You can use dictionary to find out new words.

3. They are very proud of .their new house.

4. My sister is not very good at .math.

5. Tim should work harder on his Spanish pronunciation.

6. Do you believe in ghosts?

7. Try to learn the meaning of new words by heart.

8. I got good grade for English and history.

1. My father gave up smoking two years ago. He (smoke) used to smoke a packet of cigarettes a day.
  2. There used to be (be) a movie theater here but it closed a long time ago.
  3. Mr. An didn't use to drink (not drink) coffee when he was young but he likes it now.
  4. Peter used to have (have) a motorbike, but last month he sold it and bought a car.
  5. I didn't use to like (not like) her but we are best friends now.
  6. They came to live in the city last year. They used to live (live) in a small village in the country.
  7. My sister used to play (play) tennis a lot but she doesn’t play very often now.
  8. When I was a child I didn't use to study (not study) hard.

1. It stopped raining, so I took (take) off my raincoat.
  2. The novel wasn’t very interesting. I didn'n enjoy (enjoy) it very much.
  3. We went to Kate’s house but she wasn't (be) at home.
  4. She was in a hurry, so she didn't have (have) time to phone you.
  5. The story was very funny but nobody laughed (laugh)
  6. Tom was very hungry. He ate (eat) like a horse.
  7. The room was so cold, therefore we didn't sleep (sleep) well.
  8. It was hard work carrying the bags. They were (be) very heavy.
  9. The window was open and a bird flew (fly) into the room.
10. It was very hot, so I turned (turn) on the air-conditioner.

Bài cũng không quá khó, bạn chỉ cần tìm hiểu cấu trúc và nắm các thể của từ là làm được à. Tránh tình trạng lần sau đăng bài chất núi nhe bạn T_T.

Phương Trang

Cựu Mod Tiếng Anh
Thành viên
27 Tháng hai 2017
Ninh Bình

--> their mother asked them not to make so much noise

--> The traffic policeman told to show him my driving license

--> Mrs.Jackson told Tim to give him a hand

--> The lifeguard asked boys not to swim out too far

--> Nam told the taxi driver to turn left at the first traffic light

--> She asked her son to go straight upstairs and get into bed

--> The policeman asked not to touch anything in the room

--> Mary told John to carry her suicase

--> the doctor said he should stay in bed for a few day

--> the doctor said he should take those medicines every four hours

--> the doctor said he ought to keep him body warm

--> the doctor said he shouldn’t drink alcohol or smoke

--> the doctor said he ought not to eat fatty food

--> the doctor said he should take a little hot milk before sleeping

clip_image001.gif

--> ''go to the blackboard''the teacher said to Susan

--> ''Don't leave the door open , please'' he said to me

--> ''Help me with this heavy box'' my mother said to me

--> ''You should improve your Spanish pronunciation'' Mrs.Jackson said to Tim

--> ''don't worry about us'' they said their mother

--> '' you shouldn't drive too fast'' Nam's mother said he

--> ''Move your car'' the policeman said to me

--> ''you should stay in bed for a few days'' The doctor said to me

1. Hoa’s teacher wants her spends (spend) more time on Math.

2. I promise I will try (try) my best next semester.

3. Sandra needs to improve (improve) her English writing.

4. They didn’t try to learn (learn) all new words they came (come) across.

5. You should underline (underline) the word you want to learn (learn).

6. Can you help me to move/move (move) this table?

7. Nam always gets (get) grade A for Physics, but last semester he got (get) B. So Nam’s teacher asked him to study (study) harder this semester.

8. They were proud of being (be) so successful.

1. What is the correct pronounciation of this word?(pronounce)
  2. There is room for further improvement in your English. (improve)
  3. My grandmother can read well without glasses. (good)
  4. She actively participate in social work. (participation)
  5. Last year we had an enjoyable summer holiday. (enjoy)
  6. He was proud of his achievements in the field of politics. (pride)
  7. You’d better do some revision for the final exams. (revise)
  8. The importance of the project made me tense. (important)

1. Please wait for me a few minutes.

2. You can use dictionary to find out new words.

3. They are very proud of their new house.

4. My sister is not very good at math.

5. Tim should work harder for his Spanish pronunciation.

6. Do you believe at ghosts?

7. Try to learn the meaning of new words by heart.

8. I got good grade about English and history.

1. My father gave up smoking two years ago. He used to (smoke) a packet of cigarettes a day.
  2. There used to be (be) a movie theater here but it closed a long time ago.
  3. Mr. An didn't use to drink (not drink) coffee when he was young but he likes it now.
  4. Peter used to have (have) a motorbike, but last month he sold it and bought a car.
  5. I didn't used to like(not like) her but we are best friends now.
  6. They came to live in the city last year. They used to live (live) in a small village in the country.
  7. My sister used to play (play) tennis a lot but she doesn’t play very often now.
  8. When I was a child I didn't used to study(not study) hard.

:D:D:D

Top Bottom