English THPT Đọc hiểu

thanhthuy12hul

Học sinh mới
Thành viên
7 Tháng ba 2022
Đà Nẵng
[TẶNG BẠN] TRỌN BỘ Bí kíp học tốt 08 môn
Chắc suất Đại học top - Giữ chỗ ngay!!

ĐĂNG BÀI NGAY để cùng trao đổi với các thành viên siêu nhiệt tình & dễ thương trên diễn đàn.

Find eight examples of the verb tell in the text.
If you’re a regular reader of this blog, you’ll be familiar with my 30-day challenges. You’ll also know that, although I don’t always succeed in these personal challenges, I like to think I learn something along the way. (And you’ll probably also know that I have a very patient roommate here – hi, Taylor!)
So are you a good communicator? I like to think I am. I have a wide vocabulary, and I know how to speak to people. What I’m less confident about is my ability to listen. So last month’s challenge – you guessed it – was to become a better listener. For the last 30 days, when speaking to someone face-to-face, I’ve followed this four-point plan:
1 Pay attention. Pretend you’re going to tell someone else about this conversation in an hour. (This really makes you concentrate!)
2 Maintain eye contact. (But don’t do this all the time – it makes people anxious.)

3 Don’t interrupt. (This is a really tough one!)

4 Do not check your phone. (Sounds obvious when you read it, right?)
Oh, and in case anyone is wondering, I didn't tell my roommate Taylor at the beginning of the month about my plan to become a better listener. However, I did tell her yesterday when I'd finished my challenge. So here's what I learned:

Number 1 really works. Honestly – try it! I could probably still tell you the details of a conversation I had with Taylor at the start of the month. (Don’t worry, Taylor – I’m not telling anyone your secrets here!) This, more than anything, improved my listening skills.

Number 2 is interesting. The idea is to show a polite level of interest by looking at the other person when he or she is talking, but not all the time. (That would be like an interrogation!) I tried the triangle technique – five seconds looking at each eye, then five seconds at the mouth. It feels strange to begin with, but it allows you to show interest with your eyes without making the other person feel too uncomfortable.

Number 3 is the hardest. The problem is that we want to share similar experiences – it’s natural. When friends tell us a story about something that happened to them, we want to tell them about a similar thing that happened to us. But sometimes it’s better if we just listen.

Number 4 wasn't so hard. It's just a bad habit really, and it's impossible to do two things at once!

And did Taylor notice anything different about our conversations? Well, no, she didn’t, actually. But, interestingly, she did say that she thought we’d gotten along really well recently.

Tannie0903

Cựu Mod Tiếng Anh
Thành viên
8 Tháng mười hai 2021
Nghệ An
If you’re a regular reader of this blog, you’ll be familiar with my 30-day challenges. You’ll also know that, although I don’t always succeed in these personal challenges, I like to think I learn something along the way. (And you’ll probably also know that I have a very patient roommate here – hi, Taylor!)
So are you a good communicator? I like to think I am. I have a wide vocabulary, and I know how to speak to people. What I’m less confident about is my ability to listen. So last month’s challenge – you guessed it – was to become a better listener. For the last 30 days, when speaking to someone face-to-face, I’ve followed this four-point plan:
1 Pay attention. Pretend you’re going to tell someone else about this conversation in an hour. (This really makes you concentrate!)
2 Maintain eye contact. (But don’t do this all the time – it makes people anxious.)

Oh, and in case anyone is wondering, I didn't tell my roommate Taylor at the beginning of the month about my plan to become a better listener. However, I did tell her yesterday when I'd finished my challenge. So here's what I learned:

Number 1 really works. Honestly – try it! I could probably still tell you the details of a conversation I had with Taylor at the start of the month. (Don’t worry, Taylor – I’m not telling anyone your secrets here!) This, more than anything, improved my listening skills.

Number 2 is interesting. The idea is to show a polite level of interest by looking at the other person when he or she is talking, but not all the time. (That would be like an interrogation!) I tried the triangle technique – five seconds looking at each eye, then five seconds at the mouth. It feels strange to begin with, but it allows you to show interest with your eyes without making the other person feel too uncomfortable.

Number 3 is the hardest. The problem is that we want to share similar experiences – it’s natural. When friends tell us a story about something that happened to them, we want to tell them about a similar thing that happened to us. But sometimes it’s better if we just listen.

Number 4 wasn't so hard. It's just a bad habit really, and it's impossible to do two things at once!

And did Taylor notice anything different about our conversations? Well, no, she didn’t, actually. But, interestingly, she did say that she thought we’d gotten along really well recently.
thanhthuy12hulFind eight examples of the verb tell in the text.
1 Pay attention. Pretend you’re going to tell someone else about this conversation in an hour.(1) (This really makes you concentrate!)

Oh, and in case anyone is wondering, I didn't tell my roommate Taylor at the beginning of the month about my plan to become a better listener(2). However, I did tell her yesterday when I'd finished my challenge(3). So here's what I learned:

Number 1 really works. Honestly – try it! I could probably still tell you the details of a conversation I had with Taylor at the start of the month.(4) (Don’t worry, Taylor – I’m not telling anyone your secrets here!)(5) This, more than anything, improved my listening skills.

Number 3 is the hardest. The problem is that we want to share similar experiences – it’s natural. When friends tell us a story about something that happened to them,(6) we want to tell them about a similar thing that happened to us.(7) But sometimes it’s better if we just listen.

Mình chỉ tìm được bảy cái thôi bạn ak:"((( :Tuzki13

Chúc bạn học tốt, nếu thắc mắc gì hãy hỏi thêm nhé!
Bạn có thể ghé thăm topic của mình nhé:
-Ôn thi theo chủ điểm

-Luyện tập phrasal verbs
Đây là một số kiến thức khác bạn có thể tham khảo nhé:
-Tổng hợp kiến thức các môn

thanhthuy12hul

Học sinh mới
Thành viên
7 Tháng ba 2022
Đà Nẵng
1 Pay attention. Pretend you’re going to tell someone else about this conversation in an hour.(1) (This really makes you concentrate!)

Oh, and in case anyone is wondering, I didn't tell my roommate Taylor at the beginning of the month about my plan to become a better listener(2). However, I did tell her yesterday when I'd finished my challenge(3). So here's what I learned:

Number 1 really works. Honestly – try it! I could probably still tell you the details of a conversation I had with Taylor at the start of the month.(4) (Don’t worry, Taylor – I’m not telling anyone your secrets here!)(5) This, more than anything, improved my listening skills.

Number 3 is the hardest. The problem is that we want to share similar experiences – it’s natural. When friends tell us a story about something that happened to them,(6) we want to tell them about a similar thing that happened to us.(7) But sometimes it’s better if we just listen.

Mình chỉ tìm được bảy cái thôi bạn ak:"((( :Tuzki13

Chúc bạn học tốt, nếu thắc mắc gì hãy hỏi thêm nhé!
Bạn có thể ghé thăm topic của mình nhé:
-Ôn thi theo chủ điểm

-Luyện tập phrasal verbs
Đây là một số kiến thức khác bạn có thể tham khảo nhé:
-Tổng hợp kiến thức các môn
Trần Ngọc ftugiúp mình bài này vs ạ https://diendan.hocmai.vn/threads/u...entences-with-the-correct-past-tenses.849318/

Top Bottom