Phạm Dương

Cựu Cố vấn tiếng Anh
Thành viên
24 Tháng mười 2018
Hà Nội
Đại học Thương Mại
[TẶNG BẠN] TRỌN BỘ Bí kíp học tốt 08 môn
Chắc suất Đại học top - Giữ chỗ ngay!!

ĐĂNG BÀI NGAY để cùng trao đổi với các thành viên siêu nhiệt tình & dễ thương trên diễn đàn.

Mark the letter A, B, C or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word whose underlined part differs from the rest in the pronunciation in the following question.

Question 1: A. encourage B. entertain C. endanger D. envelop
Question 2: A. medicine B. tennis C. species D. invent
Mark the letter A, B, C or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word that differs from the rest in the position of the main stress in the following question.

Question 3: A. commercial B. essential C. national D. constructive Question 4: A. appearance B. leadership C. telephone D. government Mark the letter A, B, C or D on your answer sheet to show the underlined part that needs correction in the following question.
Question 5:
According to most doctors, massage relieves pain and anxiety, eases depression and speeding up recovery from illnesses.
A. most doctors B. illnesses C. speeding up D. relieves
Question 6: Good scientists always cooperate with each others no matter what theirnationalities are.
A. with B. their C. always D. others
Question 7: Diana would rather that her husband doesn’t work so hard.
A. her husband B. doesn’t work C. Diana D. would rather
Mark the letter A, B, C or D on your answer sheet to indicate the correct answer to the following question.

Question 8: They asked me whether I was working .
A. next day afternoon B. the afternoon followed
C. the following afternoon D. tomorrow afternoon
Question 9: If you are not Japanese, so what are you?
A. nationalized B. nationality C. nation D. national
Question 10: She played confidently, but her timing was not good.
A. a piano B. piano C. the piano D. an piano Question 11: In a modern family, the husband is expected to join hands with his wife to the household chores.
A. do B. make C. run D. take
Question 12: The government plans to bring in new laws parents to take more responsibility for the education of their children.

A. forced B. forcing C. force D. forces
Question 13: broken several world records in swimming.
A. She is said to have B. People say she had
C. It is said to have D. She is said that she has
Question 14: While everyone else in this class prefers working in groups, Alice likes working .
A. on her own B. of her own C. on herself D. in herself
Question 15: I am sure that everything will be all right .
A. in the end B. at the end C. by the end D. for the end
Question 16: Jake, the boy who sat beside me in class, used to wear _ shirt to school.
A. an old cotton white B. an old white cotton
C. a white cotton old D. a cotton old white
Question 17: Without your help, I the technical problem with my computer the other day.
A. can’t solve B. couldn’t have solved
C. wouldn’t solve D. could solve
Question 18: The University administrations are introducing new measures to that the enrolment process runs smoothly.
A. maintain B. ensure C. facilitate D. improve
Question 19: Only one of our gifted students to participate in the final competition.
A. was choosing B. chosen C. has been chosen D. have been chosen Mark the letter A, B, C or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word that is CLOSEST in meaning to the underlined part in the following sentence.
Question 20:
Reaching 35 and obviously aging, Jane has to make up her mind on her future very soon.
A. give a thought about B. Pay attention to
C. prepare a plan for D. make a decision on
Question 21: How many countries took part in the last Olympic Games?
A. participated B. performed C. succeeded D. hosted
Mark the letter A,B,C or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word OPPOSITE in meaning to the underlined word in the following sentence.

Question 22: Why do you join those wires? I think by contrast, you have to split them up
A. paste B. separate C. gather D. unite

Question 23: His career advancement was slow and he did not gain any promotion until he was 40, when he won the position of the company’s Chief Executive.
A. progress B. elevation C. decrease D. rise
Read the following passage and mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate word that best fits each of the the numbered blanks from 24 to 28.

THE FIRST WOMAN SCIENTIST
Hypatia was born in Alexandria, in Egypt, in 370 A.D. For many centuries she was the only woman scientist to have a place in the history books.
Hypatia’s father was director of Alexadria University, and he (24) sure his daughter had the best education available. This was unusual, as most women then had few (25) to study.
After studying in Athens and Rome, Hypatia returned to Alexandria where she began teaching mathematics. She soon became famous for her knowledge of new ideas.
We have no copies of her books, (26) we know that she wrote several important mathematical works. Hypatia was also interested in technology and (27)
several scientific tools to help with her work.
At the time many rulers were afraid of science, and (28) connected with it was in danger.
One day in March 415, Hypatia was attacked in the street and killed.
Question 24:A. saidB. couldC. putD. made
Question 25:A. teachersB. classesC. opportunitiesD. customs
Question 26:A. becauseB. asC. butD. or
Question 27:A. learntB. inventedC. experimentedD. did
Question 28:A. allB. nobodyC. anyoneD. something
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the sentence that best combines each pair of sentences in the following question.

Question 29: I didn’t arrive in time. I was not able to see her off.
A. I arrived very late to say goodbye to her.
B. She had left because I was not on time.
C. I was not early enough to see her off.
D. I didn’t go there , so I could not see her off.
Question 30: We spent about one-third of our lives sleeping. We know relatively little about sleep.

A. We know relatively little about sleep, as a result, we spend about one-third of our lives sleeping.
B. We shall know more about sleep if we spend more than one-third of our lives sleeping.
C. We spend about one-third of our lives sleeping so that we know relatively little about sleep.
D. Despite spending about one-third of our lives sleeping, we know relatively little about sleep.
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the sentence that is closest in meaning to the following question.

Question 31: I didn’t know you were coming, so I didn’t wait for you.
A. If I had known you were coming, I wouldn’t have waited for you.
B. I would have waited for you if I knew you were coming.
C. If I had know you were coming, I would wait for you.
D. Had I known you were coming, I would have waited for you.
Question 32: No sooner had she put the telephone down than her boss rang back.
A. Scarcely had she put the telephone down when her boss rang back.
B. She had hardly put the telephone down without her boss rang back.
C. Hardly she had hung up, she rang her boss immediately.
D. As soon as her boss rang back, she put down the telephone.
Question 33: Unless we protect the environment, our life will be badly affected.
A. If our life is badly affected, we will protect the environment.
B. If we protect the environment, our life will be badly affected.
C. If we don’t protect the environment, our life won’t be badly affected.
D. If we don’t protect the environment, our life will be badly affected.
Mark the letter A, B, C or D on your answer sheet to indicate the most suitable response to fill in the following exchange.

Question 34: A - “Would you mind lending me your bike?” B - “ ”.
A. Yes, let’s B. Not at all C. Great D. Yes. Here it is
Question 35: -John: “ Would you like to join our volunteer group this summer?”
- Mike: “ ”.
A. I wouldn’t like. Thank you. B. Do you think I would?
C. Yes, you’re a good friend. D. Yes, I’d love to. Thanks.

Read the following passage and mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the correct answer to each of the questions from 36 to 42.

No educational medium better serves as a means of spatial communication than the atlas. Atlases deal with such invaluable information as population distribution and density. One of the best, Pennycooke’s World Atlas, has been widely accepted as a standard owing to the quality of its maps and photographs, which not only show various settlements but also portray them in a variety of scales. In fact , the very first map in the atlas is a cleverly designed population cartogram that projects the size of each country if geographical size were proportional to population. Following the proportional layout , a sequence of smaller maps shows the world’s population density, each country’s birth and death rates, population increase and decrease , industrialization, urbanization , gross national product in terms of per capita income, the quality of medical care, literacy, and language. To give readers a perspective on how their own country fits in with the global view, additional projections despite the world’s patterns in nutrition, calorie and protein consumption, health care, number of physicians per unit of population, and life expectancy by region. Population density maps on a subcontinental scale, as well as political maps, convey the diverse demographic phenomena of the world in a broad array of scales.
Question 36: What is the main topic of this passage ?
A. The educational benefits of atlases. B. Physical maps in an atlas.
C. The ideal in the making of atlases. D. Partial maps and their uses.
Question 37: According to the passage, the first map in Pennycooke’s World Atlas shows
A. the population policy in each country. B. the hypothetical sizes of countries.
C. geographical proportions of each country. D. national boundaries relative to population.
Question 38: In the passage, the word “invaluable” is closest in meaning to .
A. invalid B. priceless C. shapeless D. incremental
Question 39: Which of the following is NOT mentioned in the passage?
A. calorie consumption. B. population decline.
C. a level of education. D. currency exchange rate.
Question 40: The word “layout” in the passage refers to .
A. the cartogram B. the geographical size
C. population D. each country
Question 41: It can be inferred from the passage that maps can be used to_ .

A. identify a shortage of qualified labour.
B. pinpoint ethnic strife in each country.
C. show readers photographs in a new form.
D. give readers a new perspective on their own country.
Question 42: The author of the passage implies that .
A. atlases provide a bird’s eye view of country.
B. atlases can be versatile instruments.
C. maps use a variety of scales in each projection.
D. maps of countries differ in size.
Read the following passage and mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the correct answer to each of the questions from 43 to 50.

MEMORY
"Memorize these words". "Learn this spelling rule". "Don't forget about the quiz tomorrow".
You remember things every day, but how do you do it?
When you want to call a store or an office that you don't call often, you look in the telephone book for the number. You dial the number, and then you forget it! You use your short-term memory to remember the number. Your short-term memory lasts about 30 seconds, or half a minute. However, you don't need to look in the telephone book for your best friend’s number because you already know it. This information is in your long-term memory. Your long-term memory has everything that you remember through the years.
Why do you forget things sometimes? Is there a reason? Yes, there are several. The major reason for forgetting something is that you did not learn it well in the beginning. For example, you meet some new people, and right away, you forget their names. You hear the names but you do not learn them, so you forget them.
You can help yourself remember better. Here are some ideas:
1. Move information from your short-term memory to your long-term memory. You can do this if you practice the new information. Say it to yourself out loud. Think about it.
2. After you learn something, study it again and again. Learn it more than you need to. This process is called overlearning. For example, when you learn new words, practice using them in sentences. Don't try to memorize words from a list only.

3. Make sure that you understand new information. It is very difficult to remember something that you don't understand. Ask questions when you learn something new to be certain that you understand.
4. Do not listen to music or watch TV when you study. You will remember better if you concentrate on one thing at a time.
5. Try to connect new information with something that you already know. For example, when you learn the name of a new kind of food, think of a similar kind of food that you already know.
6. Divide new information into several parts (about five or six). Learn one part at time and stop for few minutes. Don't sit down and try to learn a very large amount of new information all at once.
7. Try to make a picture in your mind. For example, if you hear or see a new word, make a picture of how it looks to you in your mind. This “mental” picture will help you remember that word the next time you see or hear it.
8. Think of word clues to help you remember information. One very helpful kind of word clue is an acronym. An acronym is a word formed from the first letter of a group of words. For example, many American schoolchildren learn the names of the Great Lakes in the North America by remembering the word homes. Homes is an acronym that comes from the names of the Great Lakes: Huron, Ontario, Michigan, Erie, Superior.
9. Relax when you study! Try to enjoy yourself. You are learning new things every minute. You will remember better if you are happy and relaxed.
Question 43: What is the main idea of the passage?
A. People have short-term and long-term memories and how they can learn to improve their memory.
B. How acronyms help people remember better.
C. What you should do when you forget a phone number.
D. The main reasons for forgetting things.
Question 44: New information is easier to remember if you .
A. keep it on a list. B. understand it.
C. tell it to your friends. D. draw a picture to describe it. Question 45: The following things should help you remember things better when you study, EXCEPT .
A. asking questions when you don’t understand something.

B. connecting new information with something you already know.
C. trying to learn a large amount of new information all at once.
D. overlearning them.
Question 46: Acronyms should help you remember .
A. dates B. telephone numbers C. chemical formulas D. names
Question 47: You move information from your short-term memory to your long-term memory when you .
A. call a friend over and over again. B. practice it by saying it to yourself out loud.
C. relax in front of the TV set. D. write it out on a piece of paper.
Question 48: Which of the following may not be in your long-term memory?
A. the telephone number of a person you don’t call very often.
B. your way home.
C. your date of birth.
D. your address.
Question 49: All of these things would be useless for remembering new words EXCEPT .
A. making a list of them and memorizing them.
B. writing them down in your notebook.
C. putting them in alphabetical order.
D. practicing using them in sentences.
Question 50: The names of the Great Lakes in North America are easier to remember .
A. thanks to the useful acronym homes.
B. when they are connected with the mental picture of your home.
C. if they are near your home.
D. because they remind you of your home.
Đáp án

1-B2-C3-C4-A5-C6-D7-B8-C9-B10-C
11-A12-B13-A14-A15-A16-B17-B18-B19-C20-D
21-A22-B23-C24-D25-C26-C27-B28-C29-C30-D
31-D32-A33-D34-B35-D36-A37-D38-B39-D40-A
41-D42-B43-A44-B45-C46-D47-B48-A49-D50-A
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

LỜI GIẢI CHI TIẾT
Question 1: Đáp án B

Phần gạch chân đáp án B được phát âm là /en/, các đáp án còn lại được phát âm là /in/.
A. encourage /ɪnˈkʌ.rɪdʒ/ (v): khuyến khích, cổ vũ, động viên.
B. entertain /en.təˈteɪn/ (v): giải trí, tiêu khiển.
C. endanger /ɪnˈdeɪn.dʒər/ (v): gây nguy hiểm.
D. envelop /ɪnˈve.ləp/ (v): bọc, bao, phủ.
Question 2: Đáp án C

Phần gạch chân đáp án C được phát âm là /i/, các đáp án còn lại được phát âm là /e/.
A. medicine /ˈme.dɪ.sən/ (n): y học, thuốc.
B. tennis /ˈten.ɪs/ (n): quần vợt.
C. species /ˈspiː.ʃiːz/ (n): loài (sinh vật).
D. invent /ɪnˈvent/ (v): phát minh, sáng chế.
Question 3: Đáp án C

Trọng âm rơi vào âm tiết thứ nhất, các đáp án còn lại rơi vào âm tiết thứ 2.
A. commercial /kəˈmɜː.ʃəl/ (adj): thuộc về thương mại, có lợi nhuận.
B. essential /ɪˈsen.ʃəl/ (adj): cần thiết.
C. national /ˈnæ.ʃən.əl/ (adj): thuộc quốc gia, dân tộc.
D. constructive /kənˈstrʌk.tɪv/ (adj): có tính xây dựng, ngầm hiểu.
Question 4: Đáp án A

Trọng âm rơi vào âm tiết thứ 2, các đáp án còn lại rơi vào âm tiết thứ nhất.
A. appearance /əˈpɪə.rəns/ (n): ngoại hình, sự xuất hiện.
B. leadership /ˈliː.də.ʃɪp/ (n): khả năng lãnh đạp, sự lãnh đạo.
C. telephone /ˈte.lɪ.fəʊn/ (n): máy điện thoại.
D. government /ˈɡʌ.vən.mənt/ (n): chính phủ.
Question 5: Đáp án C

Sửa speeding up => speeds up.
Cấu trúc song hành, các động từ đều chia theo chủ ngữ massage, chúng được ngăn cách với nhau bởi dấu phẩy và liên từ and.
Dịch: Theo như nhiều bác sĩ cho rằng, mát-xa làm giảm cơn đau và lo lắng, làm giảm chứng trầm cảm và đẩy nhanh sự phục hồi sau cơn bệnh.
Question 6: Đáp án D

Sửa others => other.
Dạng đúng là each other (nhau): dùng cho 2 đối tượng thực hiện hành động có tác động qua lại. Ví dụ: Mary and Tom love each other.
Dịch: Những nhà khoa học tài giỏi luôn luôn hợp tác với nhau cho dù quốc tịch của họ có là gì đi chăng nữa.
Question 7: Đáp án B

Sửa doesn’t work => not work.
Câu giả định: S1 + would rather that + S2 +(not) V-inf. (Loại câu diễn đạt ý người thứ nhất muốn người thứ 2 làm một việc gì đó, nhưng làm hay không còn tùy vào người thứ 2).
Dịch: Diana muốn rằng chồng mình đừng làm quá sức.
Question 8: Đáp án C

Biến đổi trạng ngữ chỉ thời gian trong câu tường thuật: next afternoon => the following afternoon.
Các đáp án còn lại sai cách chuyển.
Dịch: Họ đã hỏi tôi liệu tôi có làm việc vào chiều hôm sau
Question 9: Đáp án B

Câu hỏi về quốc tịch: what nationality are you? – Bạn là người nước nào?. Dịch: Bạn không phải là người Nhật, vậy bạn là người nước nào?
Question 10: Đáp án C

Dùng mạo từ the trước tên nhạc cụ khi đề cập đến các nhạc cụ đó nói chung hoặc khi chơi các nhạc cụ đó.
Ví dụ: The piano is difficult to play. She teached me how to play the violin.
Dịch: Cô ấy đã chơi piano một cách rất tự tin, nhưng không đúng thời điểm.
Question 11: Đáp án A

(to) do the household chores: làm việc nhà.
Dịch: Trong 1 gia đình hiện đại, người chồng được mong chờ sẽ giúp đỡ vợ mình làm các công việc nhà.
Question 12: Đáp án B

Chủ điểm ngữ pháp liên quan tới Rút gọn mệnh đề quan hệ dạng chủ động, ở đây Đại từ quan hệ bị lược bỏ và động từ chia về V-ing.
Câu đầy đủ là: The government plans to bring in new laws which force parents to take more responsibility for the education of their children.

Dịch: Chính phủ dự định đưa ra những bộ luật mới buộc phụ huynh phải có trách nhiệm hơn nữa trong việc giáo dục con cái.
Question 13: Đáp án A

Câu tường thuật ở dạng câu kể: S tobe said to have PII = It tobe said / People said + that S V O.
Dịch: Cô ấy được đồn rằng đã phá vỡ một số kỉ lục thế giới trong môn bơi lội.
Question 14: Đáp án A

on one’s own = by one’s self: tự thân một mình.
Dịch: Trong khi những người khác trong lớp thích làm việc theo nhóm, Alice lại thích làm việc một mình.
Question 15: Đáp án A

Chú ý: in the end = at the end of N/V-ing.
Dịch: Tôi chắc rằng cuối cùng mọi thứ sẽ ổn thôi.
Question 16: Đáp án B

Trật tự tính từ trong cụm danh từ: an old (Age)+ white (Color)+ cotton (Material) +shirt. Opinion - tính từ chỉ quan điểm, sự đánh giá. (beautiful, wonderful, terrible…)
Size - tính từ chỉ kích cỡ. (big, small, long, short, tall…
Age - tính từ chỉ độ tuổi. (old, young, old, new…)
Shape - tính từ chỉ hình dạng (circular, square, round, rectangle... )
Color - tính từ chỉ màu sắc. (orange, yellow, light blue…)
Origin – tính từ chỉ nguồn gốc, xuất xứ. (Japanese, American, Vietnamese…)
Material – tính từ chỉ chất liệu (stone, plastic, leather, steel, silk…)
Purpose – tính từ chỉ mục đích, tác dụng
OSASCOMP: Ông Sáu Ăn Súp Cơm Ông Mập Phì Question 17: Đáp án B

Câu giả định tương đương với câu điều kiện loại 3 (If S had PII, S would/could have PII)- diễn tả một giả định không có thật trong quá khứ.
Without your help, I couldn’t have solved the technical problem with my computer the other day.
= If it hadn’t been for your help, I couldn’t have solved the technical problem with my computer the other day.
Dịch: Nếu không có sự giúp đỡ từ bạn, thì tôi đã không thể giải quyết được sự cố kĩ thuật này trong máy tính của tôi.

Question 18: Đáp án B

Trong các đáp án chỉ có ensure là đi với that + clause.
Các đáp án còn lại:
A. maintain (v): duy trì.
C. facilitate (v): tạo điều kiện thuận lợi.
D. improve (v): tiến bộ, cải tiến.
Dịch: Bộ phận quản lí trong các trường đại học đang đưa ra những biện pháp mới để quá trình tuyển sinh được diễn ra suôn sẻ.
Question 19: Đáp án C

Động từ chia theo chủ ngữ số ít (only one of…) và ở dạng bị động => chỉ có đáp án C là đúng.
Dịch: Chỉ một trong số những học sinh tài năng của chúng tôi là được chọn để tham gia vào cuộc thi cuối cùng.
Question 20: Đáp án D

(to) make up one’s mind on smt = D. (to) make a decision on smt: quyết định về cái gì. Các đáp án còn lại:
A. give a thought about: suy nghĩ về.
B. pay attention to: chú ý tới.
C. prepare a plan for: chuẩn bị cho.
Dịch: Đạt tới 35 tuổi và rõ ràng là đang già đi, Jane sẽ phải quyết định sớm về tương lai của mình.
Question 21: Đáp án A

(to) take part in = A. (to) participate in: tham gia (cuộc đua, cuộc thi). Các đáp án còn lại:
B. perform (v): trình diễn.
C. succeed (v): thành công.
D. host (v): dẫn chương trình, đăng cai tổ chức.
Dịch: Có bao nhiêu quốc gia đã tham gia Thế vận hội Olympic cuối cùng?
Question 22: Đáp án B

Join (v): nối, chắp, ghép lại >< B. separate (v): tách rời, làm chia rẽ. Các đáp án còn lại:
A. paste (v): dán.
C. gather (v): thu thập, tập hợp.

D. unite (v): hợp nhất, đoàn kết.
Dịch: Tại sao cậu lại buộc những cái dây đó lại? Tôi thì nghĩ ngược lại, bạn nên tháo chúng ra.
Question 23: Đáp án C

Advancement (n): sự thăng cấp, thăng chức >< C. decrease (n+v): sự giảm sút, suy giảm. Các đáp án còn lại:
A. progress (n): sự tiến tới, đi lên, phát triển.
B. elevation (n): sự nâng lên, tính cao cả.
D. rise (n+v): sự tăng lên (về số lượng, cường độ), vực dậy,…
Question 24: Đáp án D

(to) make sure: đảm bảo, chắc chắn.
Dịch: […], và ông đảm bảo rằng con gái mình sẽ có được nền giáo dục tốt nhất.
Question 25: Đáp án C

A. teachers: những giáo viên.
B. classes: những lớp học.
C. opportunities: những cơ hội.
D. customs: hải quan.
Chỉ có đáp án C là hợp nghĩa.
Dịch: Điều này là bất bình thường, bởi hầu hết phụ nữ thời đó có rất ít cơ hội để được đi học.
Question 26: Đáp án C

A. because + clause: bởi vì – Liên từ chỉ nguyên nhân.
B. as + clause: bởi vì, khi.
C. but+ clause: nhưng- Liên từ chỉ sự đối lập.
D. or: hoặc.
Chỉ có đáp án C là hợp nghĩa.
Dịch: Chúng ta hiện không có bản sao nào của những cuốn sách của bà, nhưng chúng ta biết rằng bà đã viết ra một số cuốn sách quan trọng liên quan tới toán học.
Question 27: Đáp án B

A. learnt: học.
B. invented: sáng chế, phát minh ra.
C. experimented: làm thí nghiệm.
D. did: làm.
Chỉ có đáp án B là hợp nghĩa.

Dịch: Hypatia cũng quan tâm tới công nghệ và đã phát minh ra một số công cụ khoa học để giúp cho công việc của mình.
Question 28: Đáp án C

A. all: tất cả.
B. nobody: không một ai.
C. anyone: bất cứ ai.
D. something: một số thứ. Chỉ có đáp án C là hợp nghĩa.
Dịch: Vào thời điểm đó, nhiều nhà cai trị rất sợ khoa học, và bất cứ ai liên quan tới nó đều gặp nguy hiểm.
Question 29: Đáp án C

Tôi đã không tới kịp giờ. Tôi đã không thể chào tạm biệt với cô ấy.
= C. Tôi đã không tới đủ sớm để chào tạm biệt với cô ấy. Các đáp án còn lại:
A. Tôi đã tới rất muộn để nói lời chào tạm biệt tới cô ấy.
B. Cô ấy đã đi bởi vì tôi tới không đúng giờ.
D. Tôi đã không tới đó, nên tôi đã không thể chào tạm biệt với cô ấy.
Question 30: Đáp án D

Chúng ta đã dành ra 1/3 cuộc đời để ngủ. Chúng ta biết rất ít về giấc ngủ.
= D. Mặc dù dành ra 1/3 cuộc đời để ngủ, nhưng chúng ta biết rất ít về giấc ngủ. Cấu trúc câu tương phản, đối lập: Despite N/V-ing, S V O (Mặc dù…, nhưng…). Các đáp án còn lại:
A. Chúng ta biết rất ít về giấc ngủ, do đó, chúng ta đã dành ra 1/3 cuộc đời để ngủ.
B. Chúng ta sẽ biết nhiều hơn về giấc ngủ nếu chúng ta đã dành ra nhiều hơn 1/3 cuộc đời để ngủ.
C. Chúng ta đã dành ra 1/3 cuộc đời để ngủ để mà chúng ta biết rất ít về giấc ngủ.
Question 31: Đáp án D

Tôi không biết rằng bạn đã tới, cho nên tôi đã không chờ bạn.
= D. Nếu tôi biết bạn tới, thì tôi đã chờ bạn.
Câu điều kiện loại 3: If S had PII, S would have PII => Dạng đảo ngữ: Had S PII, S would have PII.
Chỉ một giả định không có thật trong quá khứ.
Question 32: Đáp án A

Kiến thức đảo ngữ: No sooner had S PII than S V-ed O (Vừa mới….thì….).
= Hardly/Scarcely/Barely had S PII when S V-ed O.
Dịch: Cô ấy vừa mới đặt điện thoại xuống thì ông chủ gọi điện lại.
Question 33: Đáp án D

Câu điều kiện loại 1: If S V(s/es), S will V. (Unless = If not: Trừ phi, Nếu không). Diễn tả 1 giả định có thể xảy ra ở hiện tại và tương lai.
Dịch: Nếu chúng ta không bảo vệ môi trường, cuộc sống chúng ta sẽ bị ảnh hưởng xấu.
Question 34: Đáp án B

A - “Bạn có phiền không khi cho tôi mượn xe đạp?” B - “ ”.
A. Ừ, có. B. Không có chi. C. Tuyệt. D. Ừ, nó đây. Chỉ có đáp án B là hợp lí.
Đáp án A và D không chọn do mang nghĩa khẳng định, tức là Yes, I would mind– (Có, tôi có phiền), còn C đương nhiên không chọn do hợp ngữ cảnh.
Question 35: Đáp án D

-John: “Bạn có muốn tham gia nhóm tình nguyện của chúng tôi vào mùa hè này không?”
- Mike: “ ”.
A. Tôi không thích. Cảm ơn.
B. Bạn có nghĩ là tôi thích không?
C. Được, cậu đúng là 1 người bạn tốt.
D. Được, tôi thích lắm. Cảm ơn nhé.
Đáp án D là hợp lí nhất, các đáp án còn lại không phù hợp.
Question 36: Đáp án A

Đâu là chủ đề chính của bài?
A. Những lợi ích giáo dục của atlas.
B. Những bản đồ vật lý trong atlas.
C. Ý tưởng trong việc tạo ra atlas.
D. Một phần bản đồ và cách sử dụng chúng.
Dựa vào một số dẫn chứng tiêu biểu trong bài như:
+ “Atlases deal with such invaluable information as population distribution and density” – (Atlas xử lý các thông tin vô giá như sự phân bố và mật độ dân số).
+ “Following the proportional layout , a sequence of smaller maps shows the world’s population density, each country’s birth and death rates, population increase and decrease ,

industrialization, urbanization , gross national product in terms of per capita income, the quality of medical care, literacy, and language. To give readers a perspective on how their own country fits in with the global view, additional projections despite the world’s patterns in nutrition, calorie and protein consumption , health care, number of physicians per unit of population, and life expectancy by region.”- (Theo bố cục tỷ lệ, một chuỗi những bản đồ nhỏ hơn cho thấy mật độ dân số thế giới, tỷ lệ sinh và tử của mỗi quốc gia, dân số tăng và giảm, công nghiệp hoá, đô thị hoá, tổng sản lượng quốc dân trên số thu nhập bình quân đầu người, chất lượng chăm sóc y tế, trình độ học vấn và ngôn ngữ. Để cho độc giả có được cái nhìn về đất nước họ hợp với viễn cảnh toàn cầu như thế nào, các mô phỏng được thêm vào bất kể những khía cạnh của thế giới trong dinh dưỡng, mức tiêu thụ ca-lo và protein, chăm sóc sức khỏe, số bác sĩ trên một đơn vị dân số, và tuổi thọ theo vùng).
=> atlas cung cấp những kiến thức có ích cho việc học tập và giáo dục.
Question 37: Đáp án D

Theo như bài văn, bản đồ đầu tiên trong atlas thế giới của Pennycooke chỉ ra rằng .
A. Chính sách dân số ở mỗi nước.
B. Kích cỡ giả định của các quốc gia.
C. Tỉ lệ địa lý của mỗi nước.
D. Ranh giới quốc gia liên quan đến dân số.
Dẫn chứng ở câu 3+4: “One of the best, Pennycooke’s World Atlas, has been widely accepted as a standard owing to the quality of its maps and photographs, which not only show various settlements but also portray them in a variety of scales. In fact , the very first map in the atlas is a cleverly designed population cartogram that projects the size of each country if geographical size were proportional to population”- (Một trong những atlas thế giới tốt nhất là của Pennycooke, đã được chấp nhận rộng rãi như là một tiêu chuẩn bởi chất lượng các tấm bản đồ và hình ảnh, nó không chỉ cho thấy các khu dân cư mà còn thể hiện được chúng theo nhiều mật độ khác nhau. Trên thực tế, tấm bản đồ đầu tiên trong tập atlas là tấm bản đồ dân số được thiết kế vô cùng khéo léo, phác họa ra kích cỡ của mỗi quốc gia nếu kích cỡ địa lí cân xứng với số dân).
Question 38: Đáp án B

Câu hỏi từ vựng.
Trong đoạn văn, từ “invaluable”đồng nghĩa với _ .
A. invalid (adj): tàn phế.
B. priceless (adj): vô giá (quá quý giá đến mức không thể định giá nổi).

C. shapeless (adj): quái gở, kì quái.
D. incremental (adj): thuộc về tiền lãi.
Invaluable (adj) = B. priceless (adj): vô giá (quá quý giá đến mức không thể định giá nổi).
Question 39: Đáp án D

Điều nào sau đây KHÔNG được đề cập tới trong đoạn văn?
A. sự tiêu thụ calo.
B. sự suy giảm dân số.
C. trình độ học thức.
D. tỉ giá ngoại hối.
Dẫn chứng ở dòng 8-14: “Following the proportional layout , a sequence of smaller maps shows the world’s population density, each country’s birth and death rates, population increase and decrease (B), industrialization, urbanization , gross national product in terms of per capita income, the quality of medical care, literacy(C), and language. To give readers a perspective on how their own country fits in with the global view, additional projections despite the world’s patterns in nutrition, calorie and protein consumption (A), health care, number of physicians per unit of population, and life expectancy by region.”- (Theo bố cục tỷ lệ, một chuỗi những bản đồ nhỏ hơn cho thấy mật độ dân số thế giới, tỷ lệ sinh và tử của mỗi quốc gia, sự tăng-giảm dân số, công nghiệp hoá, đô thị hoá, tổng sản lượng quốc dân trên số thu nhập bình quân đầu người, chất lượng chăm sóc y tế, trình độ học vấn và ngôn ngữ. Để cho độc giả có được cái nhìn về đất nước họ hợp với viễn cảnh toàn cầu như thế nào, các mô phỏng được thêm vào bất kể những khuôn mẫu của thế giới trong những vấn đề như dinh dưỡng, mức tiêu thụ ca-lo và protein, chăm sóc sức khỏe, số bác sĩ trên một đơn vị dân số, và tuổi thọ theo vùng).
Question 40: Đáp án A

Từ “layout” trong đoạn văn ám chỉ tới .
A. biểu đồ diện tích.
B. kích thước địa lí.
C. dân số.
D. mỗi quốc gia.
Layout (n): bố cục, bố trí. Khi “layout”được đặt trong ngữ cảnh của đoạn văn nói về atlas, nó ám chỉ và mang nghĩa tương đương với cartogram - biểu đồ diện tích, sơ đồ bố trí.
Question 41: Đáp án D

Có thể được suy ra từ đoạn văn rằng bản đồ có thể được sử dụng để _.

A. Xác định tình trạng thiếu lao động có trình độ.
B. Định vị tình trạnh xung đột sắc tộc ở mỗi quốc gia.
C. Cho người đọc thấy được những bức ảnh dưới một hình thức mới.
D. Đưa cho độc giả một quan điểm mới về đất nước của họ. Từ dẫn chứng ở câu 39 có thể suy ra được đáp án D. Question 42: Đáp án B
Tác giả của bài văn ám chỉ rằng _ .
A. atlas cung cấp cái nhìn toàn cảnh của đất nước.
B. atlas có thể là dụng cụ linh hoạt.
C. bản đồ sử dụng nhiều tỷ lệ đa dạng cho mỗi phép chiếu.
D. bản đồ ở các quốc gia khác nhau về kích cỡ.
Từ dẫn chứng ở câu 39 có thể suy ra được đáp án B, atlas không chỉ cho ta thấy được sơ đồ vị trí địa lí của mỗi quốc gia mà còn cho thấy được những chỉ số khác trong nhiều lĩnh vực như dân số, y tế, trình độ giáo dục, dinh dưỡng, công nghiệp hóa, … => nó là một công cụ linh hoạt.
Question 43: Đáp án A

Đâu là ý chính của bài văn?
A. Con người có trí nhớ ngắn hạn và trí nhớ dài hạn, và cách họ có thể học để cải thiện trí nhớ.
B. Cách viết tắt giúp người ta nhớ tốt hơn.
C. Bạn nên làm gì khi quên số điện thoại.
D. Những lý do chính cho việc hay quên.
Câu hỏi có dạng tìm ý chính của bài nên ưu tiên làm cuối cùng, do đó ta dễ dàng chọn được đáp án A.
Question 44: Đáp án B

Những thông tin mới sẽ dễ ghi nhớ hơn nếu bạn_ .
A. lên danh sách.
B. hiểu nó.
C. nói với bạn bè.
D. vẽ tranh để mô tả nó.
Dẫn chứng ở tip thứ 3: “Make sure that you understand new information. It is very difficult to remember something that you don't understand” – (Hãy đảm bảo rằng bạn hiểu được những thông tin mới, bởi rất khó để ghi nhớ được những điều mà bạn không hiểu).

Question 45: Đáp án C

Những điều sau đây sẽ giúp bạn ghi nhớ mọi thứ tốt hơn khi học, NGOẠI TRỪ .
A. đặt câu hỏi khi bạn không hiểu.
B. kết nối những thông tin mới với những điều bạn đã biết.
C. cố gắng tiếp thu một lượng thông tin lớn cùng một lúc.
D. overlearning chúng.
Dẫn chứng ở tip thứ 6: “6. Divide new information into several parts (about five or six). Learn one part at time and stop for few minutes. Don't sit down and try to learn a very large amount of new information all at once” – (Chia nhỏ thông tin mới ra thành một vài phần (khoảng 5 hoặc 6). Học một phần và dừng lại vài phút. Đừng chỉ ngồi đó và cố gắng ghi nhớ một lượng lớn thông tin mới cùng 1 lúc).
Question 46: Đáp án D

Các từ viết tắt sẽ giúp bạn ghi nhớ .
A. ngày tháng.
B. số điện thoại.
C. công thức hóa học.
D. họ tên.
Dẫn chứng ở tip 8: “8. Think of word clues to help you remember information. One very helpful kind of word clue is an acronym. An acronym is a word formed from the first letter of a group of words. For example, many American schoolchildren learn the names of the Great Lakes in the North America by remembering the word homes. Homes is an acronym that comes from the names of the Great Lakes: Huron, Ontario, Michigan, Erie, Superior” – (Nghĩ tới những từ manh nha sẽ giúp bạn ghi nhớ thông tin tốt hơn. Một trong những kiểu từ manh nha hữu ích đó là từ viết tắt. Từ viết tắt là một từ được cấu tạo nên từ chữ cái đầu tiên của một nhóm từ. Ví dụ như, nhiều học sinh Mĩ học tên Hồ Ngũ Đại ở Bắc Mĩ bằng cách ghi nhớ từ “homes”. “Homes” là từ viết tắt bắt nguồn từ chữ cái đầu của tên 5 hồ: Huron, Ontario, Michigan, Erie, Superior)
=> Từ ví dụ có thể suy ra chữ viết tắt có thể giúp bạn ghi nhớ được những cái tên tốt hơn.
Question 47: Đáp án B

Bạn di chuyển thông tin khỏi trí nhớ ngắn hạn tới trí nhớ dài hạn khi bạn .
A. gọi điện cho một người bạn nhiều lần.
B. luyện tập nó bằng cách nói to với bản thân.
C. thư giãn trước tivi.

D. viết nó ra giấy.
Dẫn chứng ở tip 1: “1. Move information from your short-term memory to your long-term memory. You can do this if you practice the new information. Say it to yourself out loud. Think about it” – (Để di chuyển thông tin ra khỏi trí nhớ ngắn hạn để tới trí nhớ dài hạn. Bạn có thể làm được nếu bạn luyện tập với những thông tin mới. Nói to chúng với bản thân. Nghĩ về chúng).
Question 48: Đáp án A

Điều nào sau đây không ở trong trí nhớ dài hạn của bạn?
A. số điện thoại của một người mà bạn không gọi tới thường xuyên.
B. con đường về nhà.
C. ngày sinh của bạn.
D. địa chỉ của bạn.
Dẫn chứng ở phần đầu: “When you want to call a store or an office that you don't call often, you look in the telephone book for the number. You dial the number, and then you forget it! You use your short-term memory to remember the number” – (Khi bạn muốn gọi điện tới một cửa hàng hoặc một văn phòng mà bạn không gọi tới thường xuyên, bạn tra số điện thoại đó trong danh bạ. Bạn quay số, và sau đó bạn quên nó. Bạn đã sử dụng trí nhớ ngắn hạn để nhớ số đó).
Question 49: Đáp án D

Tất cả những điều sau đây có thể không hiệu quả cho việc ghi nhớ những từ mới, NGOẠI TRỪ .
A. lên danh sách và ghi nhớ chúng.
B. viết chúng ra sổ nhớ.
C. sắp xếp chúng theo thứ tự bảng chữ cái.
D. thực hành việc sử dụng chúng bằng các câu.
Dẫn chứng ở tip 2: “2. After you learn something, study it again and again. Learn it more than you need to. This process is called overlearning. For example, when you learn new words, practice using them in sentences. Don't try to memorize words from a list only”- (Sau khi bạn tiếp thu một điều gì đó, hãy nghiền ngẫm nó nhiều lần. Tìm hiểu về nó nhiều hơn. Qúa trình đó gọi là overlearning. Thí dụ, khi bạn học từ mới, hãy luyện tập việc sử dụng chúng thành các câu hoàn chỉnh. Đừng chỉ nhớ chúng trên sách vở).
Question 50: Đáp án A

Tên gọi của Ngũ Đại Hồ ở Bắc Mĩ dễ nhớ .

A. nhờ vào từ viết tắt hữu ích “homes” .
B. khi chúng liên quan tới bức tranh tinh thần gia đình của bạn.
C. nếu chúng ở gần nhà bạn.
D. bởi vì chúng gợi nhớ bạn về gia đình của mình.
Dẫn chứng ở tip 8:“8. […]. For example, many American schoolchildren learn the names of the Great Lakes in the North America by remembering the word homes. Homes is an acronym that comes from the names of the Great Lakes: Huron, Ontario, Michigan, Erie, Superior” – ([…] Ví dụ như, nhiều học sinh Mĩ học tên Hồ Ngũ Đại ở Bắc Mĩ bằng cách ghi nhớ từ “homes”. “Homes” là từ viết tắt bắt nguồn từ chữ cái đầu của tên 5 hồ: Huron, Ontario, Michigan, Erie, Superior)

Top Bottom