Ngoại ngữ Đề thi HSG lớp 12 cấp tỉnh 2017 - 2018 (Tỉnh Phú Thọ)

Chou Chou

Cựu Mod tiếng Anh
Thành viên
TV BQT được yêu thích nhất 2017
4 Tháng năm 2017
Phú Thọ
THPT Thanh Thủy
[TẶNG BẠN] TRỌN BỘ Bí kíp học tốt 08 môn
Chắc suất Đại học top - Giữ chỗ ngay!!

ĐĂNG BÀI NGAY để cùng trao đổi với các thành viên siêu nhiệt tình & dễ thương trên diễn đàn.

Bác nào có nhu cầu ôn thi HSG thì tham khảo nhé :D:D

I. LISTENING (20 points)
Part 1. You will hear an English woman called Britta talking to an interviewer about her life in Berlin, the capital of Germany. Write your answers in the space provided. (10 points)

1. Britta started her living in Berlin _____.
A. four years ago B. six years ago C. twenty years ago D. after she left England
2. What does Britta say about living in Berlin?
A. She can’t sleep at night because of the traffic noise. B. She likes living in a big, busy city.
C. She misses the museums and theatres in Bonn. D. Berlin is smaller than Bonn.
3. The area of Berlin where Britta lives is _____.
A. a rather expensive place to live B. a good place to eat out
C. a long way from the city centre D. a new part of the city
4. When travelling in Berlin, Britta mainly goes _____.
A. by bike B. by tram C. by bus D. on foot
5. Britta says that her nephew, Philippe, likes _____.
A. going to the park with her B. doing the shopping with his parents
C. going to a gallery with her D. coming out to drink coffee with her

Write your answers (A, B, C or D) here:

1. ____________

2. ____________

3. ____________

4. ____________

5. ____________
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Part 2. You will hear a radio program about some historic places to visit. For each question, fill in the missing information in the numbered space with ONLY ONE WORD/ NUMBER. (10 points)

HISTORIC PLACES TO VISIT

Black Rock Caves
- Over 2 million years old
- For half a million years, people and animals, especially (1) ________________ , lived here.
- Special evening tours during the month of August evenings.
Salter House
- Built in the year (2) ________________.
- Made famous by the television series called Aunt Dorothy
- All visitors want to see Dorothy's (3) ________________.
The Old Port
- Have a ride on an old tram to the (4) ________________ village
- In the factory, find out how people used to make (5) ________________.
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Write your answers here:

1. ____________

2. ____________

3. ____________

4. ____________

5. ___________
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

II. PHONETICS (5 points)
Part 1. Choose the word whose stress pattern is different from the other three of the group. Write your answers in the space provided.

1. A. mausoleum B. conservative C. disqualify D. magnificent
2. A. optimist B. accuracy C. continent D. artificial
Part 2. Choose the word whose underlined part is pronounced differently. Write your answers in the space provided.
3. A. hysteria B. hypocrite C. hypnotic D. hydroplane
4. A. breath B. break C. thread D. tread
5. A. especial B. content C. molecules D. technique

1. ____________

2. ____________

3. ____________

4. ____________

5. ____________
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
III. VOCABULARY & GRAMMAR (50 points)
Part 1. Choose the correct answer (A, B, C or D) to complete each of the following sentences. Write your answers in the space provided. (30 points)

1. I couldn't make _____ what he had talked about because I was not used to his accent.
A. out B. by C. on D. up
2. In our team, no person _____ John could finish this tough task in such a short time.
A. other than B. including C. outside D. rather than
3. The assistant suggested _____ the next day when the manager would be there.
A. we are coming back B. to come back C. we will come back D. we came back
4. "There is no further treatment we can give", said Dr Jekyll, "We must let the disease take its ____ ".
A. course B. end C. term D. way
5. You _____ out yesterday without a coat. No wonder you caught cold.
A. mustn’t have gone B. hadn’t gone C. shouldn’t have gone D. haven’t gone
6. _____ of all modern domestic poultry is the red jungle fowl is widely believed.
A. The ancestor B. The ancestor is C. How the ancestor D. That the ancestor
7. Farmers supply crops with phosphorus in areas_____ has removed it from the soil.
A. because of long years of cultivation B. where long years' cultivation
C. with long years of cultivation D. by long years of cultivation
8. She _____ till the early hours listening to pop music.
A. took me up B. kept me up C. caught me up D. held me up
9. Color and light, taken together, _____ the aesthetic impact of the interior of a building.
A. very powerfully influence B. very influence powerfully
C. powerfully very influence D. influence powerfully very
10. Thomas has just purchased _____ .
A. an impressive brownish English wood dining table
B. a brownish impressive wood English dining table
C. an impressive English wood brownish table dining
D. an impressive wood English brownish dining table
11. Jane is a sympathetic listener. She lent me a(n) _____ when I lost my job.
A. mind B. ear C. mouth D. eye
12. Released in 1915, _____.
A. D.W. Griffith’s made an epic film about the Civil War, Birth of a Nation
B. the Civil War was the subject of D.W. Griffith’s epic film, Birth of a Nation
C. D.W. Griffith’s epic film, Birth of a Nation, was about the Civil War
D. the subject of D.W. Griffith’s epic film, Birth of a Nation, was the Civil War
13. - "How often do you visit your grandparents?"
- " ____ so often, even though they live some distance away"
A. Even B. Ever C. Every D. Never
14. Honey is a sweet _____ that is produced by bees.
A. material B. substance C. matter D. fabric
15. _____ is a general category that includes all mental states and activities.
A. What do psychologists call cognition B. Psychologists call it cognition
C. What psychologists call cognition D. Cognition, as it called by psychologists, which
16. Following the guidelines for speaking and voting established by the book, Robert's Rules of Oder, _____ during meetings.
A. and avoid large decision-making organizations' procedural confusion
B. large decision-making organizations avoid procedural confusion
C. is procedural confusion avoided by large decision-making organizations
D. are avoiding procedural confusion in large decision-making organizations
17. She stands a good ____ of winning the beauty contest.
A. possibility B. chance C. opportunity D. certainty
18. Most of us found the Mayor's idea _____ their own candidates for royal honors a little awkward;
but he was right, of course.
A. of having the local people to nominate B. of having the local people nominate
C. of getting the local people nominate D. to let the local people for nominating
19. _____ was her hatred for her father that she did not forgive him until after he had died.
A.
Much as B. Such C. However D. So
20. The collapse in tin prices in the 1980s destroyed the tin-mining industry, ____ former employees
have since turned in desperation to growing coca.
A. all of whom B. none of their C. several of its D. many of whose
21. In many aspects, the problems that John faced are _____ a young man and woman might face today.
A. much like that B. much like those C. like much those D. like much that
22. After years of neglect, there was a huge _____ program to return the city to its former glory.
A. restoration B. preservation C. conservation D. refurbishment
23. Michael doesn’t care what he says. People are often _____ by his outspoken comments.
A. taken off B. taken apart C. taken aback D. taken in
24. Mr. Brown refused to answer the questions on the _____ that the matter was confidential.
A. reasons B. excuses C. grounds D. foundation
25. The man is so arrogant that he is completely _____ to all criticism.
A. impervious B. unaware C. regardless D. unconscious
26. It's only a small flat but it _____ my needs perfectly.
A. settles B. meets C. supplies D. fills
27. You should consider the _____ carefully before you make a decision.
A. safe and sound B. odds and ends C. pros and cons D. spick and span
28. Just think! Next month you'll be _____ and it seems like only yesterday you were a baby.
A. in your teens B. in your teenage C. at your teens D. teenager
29. Only during the early twentieth century _____ in the United States.
A. liquor was prohibited then B. that liquor was prohibited
C. when liquor was prohibited D. was liquor prohibited
30. Thanks to modern irrigation, crops now grow abundantly in areas where once _____ cacti and
sagebrush could live.
A. none other B. not the C. nothing but D. nor

1. ___________

2. ___________

3. ___________

4. ___________

5. ___________

6. ___________

7. ___________

8. ___________

9. ___________

10. ___________

11. ___________

12. ___________

13. ___________

14. ___________

15. ___________

16. ___________

17. ___________

18. ___________

19. ___________

20. __________

21. ___________

22. ___________

23. ___________

24. ___________

25. ___________

26. ___________

27. ___________

28. ___________

29. ___________

30. __________
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Part 2. Choose the word or phrase that is CLOSEST in meaning to the underlined part in each of the following questions. Write your answers in the space provided. (5 points)

1. In rural Midwestern towns of the USA, the decisions that affect most residents are made at general
assemblies in schools and churches.
A. gatherings B. public libraries C. concerts D. prayer services
2. Many of the events have been interpreted and found to coincide with known facts of the past.
Meanwhile, others are prophesied for future generations and currently under investigation.
A. said B. armed C. terminated D. foretold
3. I'd rather stay in a hotel with all the amenities than camp in the woods.
A. expenses B. friends C. sports D. conveniences
4. Many political radicals advocated that women should not be discriminated on the basis of their sex.
A. publicly supported B. rightly claimed C. publicly said D. openly criticized
5. In astronomy, a scale of magnitude from one to six denotes the brightness of aster.
A. signifies B. predicts C. contrasts D. examines

1. ____________

2. ____________

3. ____________

4. ____________

5. ____________
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Part 3. Choose the word or phrase that is OPPOSITE in meaning to the underlined part in each of the following questions. Write your answers in the space provided. (5 points)

1. Other characters may think that a problem is inexplicable, but Poe’s detective, Auguste Dupin, finds
it easy to understand.
A.
boring B. mysterious C. evident D. simple
2. There is a general consensus among the teachers about the needs for greater security in schools.
A. disagreement B. statistics C. survey D. concentration
3. He said that the tragedy had been wholly avoidable.
A.
inevitable B. evocative C. explicit D. inescapable
4. Thanks to the invention of the microscope, biologists can now gain insights into the nature of the
human cells.
A. far-sighted views B. spectacular sightings C. poor understanding D. in-depth studies
5. Lighthouses are placed at prominent points on the coast and on islands, reefs, and sandbars.
A. conspicuous B. dangerous C. unnoticeable D. visible

1. ____________

2. ____________

3. ____________

4. ____________

5. ____________
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Part 4. Choose the underlined word or phrase in each sentence that needs correcting. Write your answers in the space provided. (10 points)

1. The Concord can fly across the Atlantic without refueling and carrying 11 tons of freight
A B C D
2. Americans annually import more than $ 3 billion worthy of Italian clothing, jewelry, and shoes.
A B C D
3. Visitors may realize that even though they can’t make their homes in Venice city, they can take
A B
away with them memories of their beauty.
C D
4. The news of the negotiations for a peace treaty between the two presidents were received with mixed emotions
A B C
by the citizens of both countries .
D
5. American pioneers did water systems from logs with holes bored through their centers.
A B C D
6. When radio programs became popular, approximately around 1925, many people stopped attending
A B C D
movies.
7. The Industry Minister blamed lower production figures for a severe shortage of raw material and
A B C D
frequent strikes by workers.
8. Snapping turtles are easily recognized because of the large head, the long tail and the shell that
A B
seems unsufficient to protect the body.
C D
9. The highway patrol advises to take the old route through the city because the interstate highway
A B
is under major repairs.
C D
10. Overlooking the Hudson River in New York, the Cloisters includes parts several medieval
A B C
monasteries and chapels brought from Europe.
D

1. ____________

2. ____________

3. ____________

4. ____________

5. ____________

6. ____________

7. ____________

8. ____________

9. ____________

10. ___________
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

IV. LANGUAGE FUNCTION (5 points).
Choose the letter A, B, C or D to indicate the correct response to each of the following exchanges. Write your answers in the space provided.

1. Peter and Margaret are in a restaurant.
- Peter: “Let me pay for the meal.” - Margaret: “__________ .”
A. It’s on me B. It’s my round C. I’ll make it D. Never remind me
2. A man is talking to Alex when he is on holiday in Paris.
The man: “You haven’t lived here long, have you?”
Alex: “__________”.
A. Yes, just a few days B. No, I live here for a long time
C. No, only three months D. Yes, I have just moved here
3. Michael is going to have a birthday party and he would like to invite Mary to his party.
Michael: “I'm having some friends over for my birthday party this Saturday evening. Would you like to join us?”
Mary: “__________ ”
A. Can I take a rain check? B. Come on. It's your turn.
C. Thanks, but I mustn’t. D. As a matter of fact, I do.
4. A group of students are having a discussion about their assignment on their language lessons.
- Boy: “Would you say that English is a global language?” - Girl: "__________ "
A. Yes, it has. B. I like it.
C. I don’t understand the difference. D. Oh, absolutely.
5. John is at the customs office.
- Customs officer: “Have you got any identification, sir?”
- John: “Well, I haven’t got my passport, but I’ve got my driving license, __________?”
A. will that be all right B. would you, really C. of course D. do you agree with me

1. ____________

2. ____________

3. ____________

4. ____________

5. ____________
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

V. READING COMPREHENSION (70 points)
Part 1. Read the passage and choose the best option to complete the passage. Write your answers in the space provided. (30 points)
WHO ARE CELEBRITIES?

A celebrity is a person who is easily (1) ______ by people in a certain region or country. Celebrities usually get a lot of media (2) ______ and often are social people. Many become celebrities because of their (3) ______ , after appearing in the media or simply (4) ______ chance. Celebrities who only achieve a small amount of fame are called B- or C-celebrities. In the last decades we have become (5) ___ with famous people. They have led to the rise of gossip magazines and TV shows and (6) _____ work for journalists and paparazzi.
Movie stars, television actors and actresses, high-ranking politicians, successful business people, supermodels and athletes usually become celebrities. A few humanitarian (7) ______ such as Mother Teresa have achieved fame because of their charity work. Some people have become known because of their (8) _____ activities and are regarded as Internet celebrities.
Because celebrities (9) ______ a life that is different from that of normal people, the
(10) ______ is interested in their private lives. Magazines and newspapers follow their every (11) ____ . Celebrities are often shown as glowing examples of success and perfection, or as bad and immoral if they are involved in scandals. In order to make money, celebrities often write books, or create fashion brands and perfumes.
Today’s reality shows often (12) ______ new stars. Normal people have become celebrities simply for taking part in Survivor or Big Brother. In other cases, (13) ______ citizens have become celebrities for ridiculous things that they do. In the past years celebrities have started to (14) ______ social media networking sites like Twitter and Facebook. Such services allow them to (15) ______ directly with their fans without having to rely on the media to promote their stories. In the eyes of their fans, social media makes celebrities more human and down-to-earth people.
1. A. identified B. accepted C. recognized D. seen
2. A. attention B. care C. notice D. thought
3. A. career B. employment C. living D. profession
4. A. for B. by C. through D. with
5. A. enjoyed B. charmed C. involved D. fascinated
6. A. give B. provide C. deliver D. arrange
7. A. advisors B. organizers C. leaders D. heads
8. A. online B. indoor C. outdoor D. offline
9. A. show B. manage C. run D. lead
10. A. culture B. society C. neighborhood D. public
11. A. advice B. move C. gesture D. posture
12. A. invent B. design C. create D. generate
13. A. usual B. routine C. daily D. everyday
14. A. manage B. use C. practice D. work
15. A. communicate B. join C. correspond D. bond

1. ____________

2. ____________

3. ____________

4. ____________

5. ____________

6. ____________

7. ____________

8. ____________

9. ____________

10. ___________

11. ___________

12. ___________

13. ___________

14. ___________

15. ___________
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Part 2. Read the following passages and choose the best answer to each question. Write your answers in the space provided. (40 points)
PASSAGE A
LIFE OF ARCHAIC PEOPLE

Both in what is now the eastern and the southwestern United States, the peoples of the Archaic era (8,000 - 1,000 B.C) were, in a way, already adapted to beginnings of cultivation through their intensive gathering and processing of wild plant foods. In both areas, there was a well-established ground stone tool technology, a method of pounding and grinding nuts and other plant foods, that could be adapted to newly cultivated foods. By the end of the Archaic era, people in eastern North America had domesticated certain native plants, including sunflowers; weeds called goosefoot, sumpweed, or marsh elder; and squash or gourds of some kind. These provided seeds that were important sources of carbohydrates and fat in the diet.
The earliest cultivation seems to have taken place along the river valleys of the Midwest and the Southeast, with experimentation beginning as early as 7,000 years ago and domestication beginning 4,000 to 2,000 years ago. Although the term "Neolithic" is not used in North American prehistory, these were the first steps toward the same major subsistence changes that took place during the Neolithic (8,000-2,000 B.C) period elsewhere in the world.
Archaeologists debate the reasons for beginning cultivation in the eastern part of the continent. Although population and sedentary living were increasing at the time, there is little evidence that people lacked adequate wild food resources; the newly domesticated foods supple-mented a continuing mixed subsistence of hunting, fishing, and gathering wild plants. Increasing predictability of food supplies may have been a motive. It has been suggested that some early cultivation was for medicinal and ceremonial plants rather than for food. One archaeologist has pointed out that the early domesticated plants were all weedy species that do well in open, disturbed habitats, the kind that would form around human settlements where people cut down trees, trample the ground, deposit trash, and dig holes. It has been suggested that sunflower, sumpweed, and other plants almost domesticated themselves, that is, they thrived in human-disturbed habitats, so humans intensively collected them and began to control their distribution. Women in the Archaic communities were probably the main experimenters with cultivation, because ethno archaeological evidence tells us that women were the main collectors of plant food and had detailed knowledge of plants.
1. The passage mainly discusses which of the following aspects of the life of Archaic peoples?
A. The principle sources of food that made up their diet
B. Their development of ground stone tool technology
C. Their distribution of work between men and women
D. Their development of agriculture
2. The word “these” in paragraph 2 refers to ____.
A. experimentation and domestication B. river valleys
C. the Midwest and the Southeast D. seeds
3. According to the passage, when did the domestication of plants begin in North America?
A. 7,000 years ago B. 4,000 to 2,000 years ago
C. Long after the Neolithic period D. Before the Archaic period
4. The word “adequate” in paragraph 3 is closest in meaning to ____.
A. sufficient B. healthful C. varied D. dependable
5. According to the passage, which of the following was a possible motive for the cultivation of plants in
eastern North America?
A. Lack of enough wild food sources
B. Provision of work for an increasing population
C. Desire for the consistent availability of food
D. The need to keep trees from growing close to settlements
6. The phrase “rather than” in paragraph 3 is closest in meaning to ____.
A. in addition to B. instead of C. as a replacement D. such as
7. The plant “sumpweed” is mentioned in order to ____.
A. contrast a plant with high nutritional value with one with little nutritional value
B. clarify which plants grew better in places where trees were not cut down
C. explain the medicinal use of a plant
D. provide an example of a plant that was easy to domesticate
8. The word “thrived” in paragraph 3 is closest in meaning to ____.
A. stayed B. originated C. grew well D. died out
9. According to the passage, which of the following is true about all early domesticated plants?
A. They were varieties of weeds B. They succeeded in areas with many trees
C. They were moved from disturbed areas D. They failed to grow in trampled or damaged areas
10. According to the passage, it is thought that most of the people who began cultivating plants were____.
A. medical workers B. leaders of ceremonies C. women D. hunters

1. ____________

2. ____________

3. ____________

4. ____________

5. ____________

6. ____________

7. ____________

8. ____________

9. ____________

10. ___________
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
PASSAGE B
A DARK, COLD NOVEMBER EVENING

At 7 pm on a dark, cold November evening, thousands of people are making their way across a vast car park. They're not here to see a film, or the ballet, or even the circus. They are all here for what is, bizarrely, a global phenomenon: they are here to see Holiday on Ice. Given that most people don’t seem to be acquainted with anyone who's ever been, the show's statistics are extraordinary: nearly 300 million people have seen Holiday on Ice since it began in 1943; it is the most popular live entertainment in the world.
But what does the production involve? And why are so many people prepared to spend their lives travelling round Europe in caravans in order to appear in it? It can't be glamorous, and it's undoubtedly hard work. The backstage atmosphere is an odd mix of gym class and workplace. A curtained-off section at the back of the arena is laughably referred to as the girls' dressing room, but is more accurately described as a corridor, with beige, cracked walls and cheap temporary tables set up along the length of it. Each girl has a small area littered with pots of orange make-up, tubes of mascara and long false eyelashes.
As a place to work, it must rank pretty low down the scale: the area round the ice-rink is grey and mucky with rows of dirty blue and brown plastic seating and red carpet tiles. It's an unimpressive picture, but the show itself is an unquestionably vast, polished global enterprise: the lights come from a firm in Texas, the people who make the audio system are in California, but Montreal supplies the smoke effects; former British Olympic skater, Robin Cousins, is now creative director for the company and conducts a vast master class to make sure they're ready for the show's next performance.
The next day, as the music blares out from the sound system, the cast start to go through their routines under Cousins' direction. Cousins says, ''The aim is to make sure they're all getting to exactly the right place on the ice at the right time - largely because the banks of lights in the ceiling are set to those places, and if the skaters are all half a meter out, they'll be illuminating empty ice. ''Our challenge'', he continues, ''is to produce something they can sell in a number of countries at the same time. My theory is that you take those things that people want to see and you give it to them, but not in the way they expect to see it. You try to twist it. And you have to find music that is challenging to the skaters, because they have to do it every night.''
It may be a job which he took to pay the rent, but you can't doubt his enthusiasm. ''The only place you'll see certain skating moves is an ice show,'' he says, ''because you're not allowed to do them in competition. It's not in the rules. So the ice show world has things to offer which the competitive world doesn’t''. Cousins knows what he's talking about because he skated for the show himself when he stopped competing - he was financially unable to retire. He learnt the hard way that you can't put on an Olympic performance every night. ''I'd be thinking, these people have paid their money, now do your stuff, and I suddenly thought, I really can't cope. I'm not enjoying it". The solution, he realized, was to give 75 percent every night, rather than striving for the sort of twice-a-year excellence which won him medals.
To be honest, for those of us whose only experience of ice-skating is watching top-class Olympic skaters, some of the movements can look a bit amateurish, but then, who are we to judge? Equally, it's impossible not to be swept up in the whole thing; well, you'd have to try pretty hard not to enjoy it.
1. According to paragraph 1, the writer is surprised to see that although Holiday on Ice is popular, _____.
A. people prefer to see a film, the ballet, or the circus B. people often prefer other types of show
C. few people know someone who has seen it D. most people consider it as a holiday
2. It can be inferred from the phrase "it must rank pretty low down the scale" in paragraph 3 that ___.
A. Holiday on Ice has rather poor working condition B. Skaters do not enjoy working in this place
C. Holiday on Ice has a very dirty place to work D. Skaters do not earn much money from the job
3. Which of the following adjectives can be used to describe the backstage area?
A. glamorous B. relaxing C. messy D. old
4. It is mentioned in paragraph 3 that ___.
A. many companies are involved in the production B. it is difficult to find suitable equipment
C. the show has been staged in many places D. the show needs financial support
5. For Robin Cousins, the aim of the rehearsal is ____.
A. to keep in time with the music B. to adjust the spotlights
C. to be acquainted with the stage D. to position the skaters on the ice
6. Cousins' theory on how to produce shows for different audiences is that ___.
A. he adapts movements to suit everyone B. he presents performances in an unexpected way
C. he varies the routines every night D. he selects suitable music
7. It is suggested in paragraph 5 that skating in shows ____.
A. enables skaters to visit a variety of places
B. is as competitive as other forms of skating
C. can be particularly well paid
D. doesn't force skaters to try out moves appearing in competitions
8. The pronoun "them" in the passage refers to ______.
A. certain skating moves B. some famous skaters
C. some live performances D. certain ice shows
9. The phrase "the hard way" in paragraph 5 most likely means ______.
A. by working very hard B. by having expectations of others.
C. through personal experience D. through doing things again and again
10. Which of the following is the writer's conclusion of Holiday on Ice?
A. Olympic ice-skating is more enjoyable than Holiday on Ice
B. Everyone should enjoy watching Holiday on Ice
C. Holiday on Ice requires more skills than Olympic ice-skating
D. It is hard to know who really enjoys Holiday on Ice

1. ____________

2. ____________

3. ____________

4. ____________

5. ____________

6. ____________

7. ____________

8. ____________

9. ____________

10. ___________
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
VI. WRITING (50 points)
Part 1. Choose the option A, B, C or D that has the same meaning as the sentence provided. Write your answers in the space provided. (5 points)

1. As the traffic is so heavy, it will take us at least an hour to get there.
A. Let’s wait an hour before we go as there is so much traffic on the roads.
B. Since the roads are so busy, we won’t be able to get there in under an hour.
C. Since the roads are full of traffic at this hour, we won’t go now.
D. There are so many cars on the roads that we can’t get there for hours.
2. If I had known you needed a hand painting your house, I would have helped you.
A. I didn’t help you to paint your house because I had no idea that you were doing it.
B. I am planning to help you to paint your house whenever you are ready.
C. Let me know when you are going to paint your house, and I will lend a hand.
D. You didn’t tell me you needed help painting your house; otherwise, I’d have assisted you.
3. While recycling has been concerned by the public, reducing waste has attracted much less attention.
A. Using things again is the best way to reduce the amount of rubbish.
B. People are more interested in recovery and reuse than in creating less rubbish.
C. It is not generally known that reducing waste is more effective than recycling.
D. Recycling is not necessarily the best way of reducing waste, according to the public.
4. Though once quite fatal, the threat of pneumonia has been greatly reduced as a result of antibiotic treatment.
A. A threatening disease which used to be fatal in the past, pneumonia has now been eliminated by antibiotic treatment.
B. Pneumonia was a rather deadly disease in the past, but antibiotic treatment has lessened its dangers very much.
C. Despite its dangers being significantly reduced thanks to antibiotics, pneumonia can still be rather deadly.
D. In order to lessen its deadliness, the threatening disease pneumonia must be treated with antibiotics.
5. The eradication of snakes by humans has resulted in an abrupt rise in rodent populations in certain areas.
A. The number of rodents living in a certain place is directly connected to how many snakes humans are killing.
B. The rate of elimination by humans not only of snakes but also of rodents has gone up significantly in some areas.
C. Had humans not eliminated the snakes in some areas, there would be much smaller populations of rodents living there.
D. By killing snakes, humans have caused the number of rodents in some places to increase drastically.

1. ____________

2. ____________

3. ____________

4. ____________

5. ____________
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Part 2. Choose the sentence that best combines each pair of the following sentences. Write your answers in the space provided. (5 points).

1. People make alcohol to enjoy themselves. It is alcohol that has bad effects on their mental and
physical health.

A. Despite of making alcohol to enjoy themselves, it is alcohol that has bad effects on their mental and physical health.
B. Despite having had bad effects on their mental and physical health, people make alcohol to enjoy themselves.
C. Although people make alcohol to enjoy themselves, it is alcohol that has bad effects on their mental and physical health.
D. Though making alcohol to enjoy themselves, it is alcohol that has bad effects on their mental and physical health.
2. The agreement ended six- month negotiation. It was signed yesterday.
A. The agreement ended six- month negotiation was signed yesterday.
B. The agreement which was signed yesterday lasted six months.
C. The negotiation which lasted six months was signed yesterday.
D. The agreement which was signed yesterday ended six- month negotiation.
3. The Napoleonic Wars lasted from 1799 to 1815. It affected almost every European country.
A. Hardly a country in Europe managed to escape the effects of the Napoleonic Wars of 1799 – 1815.
B. Between 1799 and 1815, it was difficult for many European countries not to be affected by the Napoleonic Wars.
C. It was between 1799 and 1815 that many countries of Europe were affected by the Napoleonic Wars.
D. The Napoleonic Wars, which began in 1799 and ended in 1815, influenced many countries in Europe.
4. Nam was defeated by the former champion in three sets in the inter-school table tennis game.
He finally lost the championship.

A. Having been defeated by the former champion in three sets, Nam did not hold the title of inter-school table tennis champion.
B. Although Nam defeated the former champion in three sets, he did not win the title of inter-school table tennis champion.
C. Having defeated the former champion in three sets, Nam won the inter-school table tennis championship.
D. Being defeated by the former champion in three sets, Nam lost the chance to play the final game of inter-school table tennis championship.
5. You ought to think harder about what you want to study before you make your choice. Therefore, you
can make the most of your future.

A. You should think about what you want to study, but don’t choose anything until you have also thought about its relevance to your future.
B. In order to have the best chance for your future, you shouldn’t decide until you’ve thought more about what you want to study.
C. So as not to regret your choice in the future, don’t hesitate to make a decision about what you want to study.
D. If what you want to study does not provide a good future for you, then you should think harder about the relevance of your choice.

1. ____________

2. ____________

3. ____________

4. ____________

5. ____________
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Part 3. Complete the sentences by using the suggested words/ phrases. Make all the changes and additions if necessary. Write your answers in the space provided. (10 points)
1. Scientists/ eager/ researches/ how/ save/ natural resources/future uses.
………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..………………………………………
2. Though/ leg/ broken/ crash/ he/ managed/ get out/ car/ before /exploded.
…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………
3. Since/ established/ after World War II,/ the United Nations /actively/ carry out/ conventions/ stop wars/ bring peace/ nations worldwide.
..........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
4. burglar/ catch/ red-handed/ police/ when/ he/ break/ flat.
…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………
5. Why/ the denial/ equal rights/ women/ draw/ little attention/ society/ until/ 19th century?
…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………
Part 4. Rewrite the following sentences with the given words in such a way that the second sentence has the same meaning as the first one. Do not change the form of the word in brackets. Write your answers in the space provided. (10 points).

1. You should think about the price before you decide whether to buy it or not. (consideration)
You should…………………………………………………………………..………………………..
2. If we’d arrived a moment later, we would have missed the ferry. (time)
We ……………………………………………………………………………………………………
3. We wouldn’t want to restrict the freedom of the students. (impose)
We wouldn’t want to …………………………………………………..……………………………..
4. It is difficult to know what my reaction would have been in that situation. (how)
I am not……………………………………………………………………………………………….
5. I suddenly realized the meaning of a “freebie” (dawned)
It ………………………………………………………………………………………………………

Part 5. All students should be required to study Art and Music in high schools. Do you agree or disagree with the statement? In about 150 words, write a paragraph to express your opinion. Use specific reasons to support your idea. (20 points)

================ THE END =================
KEY:

I. LISTENING (20 points)
Part 1: 10 points
(5x2p)

1. A

2. B

3. B

4. A

5. C
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Part 2: 10 points (5x2p)

1. tiger(s)

2. 1765

3. kitchen(s)

4. fishing

5. sweet(s)
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

II. PHONETICS (5 points)

1. A

2. D

3. D

4. B

5. C
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

III. VOCABULARY & GRAMMAR (50 points)
Part 1: 30 points (30 x1p)

1. A

2. A

3. D

4. A

5. C

6. D

7. B

8. B

9. A

10. A

11. B

12. C

13. C

14. B

15. C

16. B

17. B

18. B

19. B

20. D

21. B

22. A

23. C

24. C

25. A

26. B

27. C

28. A

29. D

30. C
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Part 2: 5 points (5 x1p)

1. A

2. D

3. D

4. A

5. A
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Part 3: 5 points (5 x1p)

1. C

2. A

3. A

4. C

5. C
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Part 4: 10 points (10 x1p)

1. C

2. C

3. D

4. B

5. A

6. C

7. C

8. C

9. A

10. C
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

IV. LANGUAGE FUNCTION: 5 points (5 x 1p)

1. B

2. D

3. A

4. D

5. A
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

V. READING COMPREHENSION (70 points)
Part 1: 30 points (15 x2p)

1. C

2. A

3. D

4. B

5. D

6. B

7. C

8. A

9. D

10. D

11. B

12. C

13. D

14. B

15. A
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Part 2: 40 points (20 x 2p)
PASSAGE A

1. D

2. A

3. B

4. A

5. C

6. B

7. D

8. C

9. A

10. C
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
PASSAGE B

1. C

2. A

3. C

4. A

5. D

6. B

7. D

8. A

9. C

10. B
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

VI. WRITING (50 points)
Part 1: 5 points (5 x 1p)

1. B

2. D

3. B

4. B

5. D
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Part 2: 5 points (5 x 1p)

1. C

2. D

3. A

4. A

5. B
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Part 3 (10 points) (5 x 2ps)
1. Scientists are eager to do the researches on how to save/ how we (can) save the/our natural resources for future uses.
2. Though his leg was broken in a/the crash, he managed to get out of the/his car before it exploded.
3. Since established after World War II, the United Nations has actively carried out conventions to stop wars and bring peace to the nations worldwide.
4. The/A burglar was caught red-handed by the police when he was breaking into the/ a flat.
5. Why did the denial of equal rights to women draw little attention from the/ our society until the 19th century?
Part 4 (10 points) (5 x 2p)
1. You should take the price into consideration before you decide whether to buy it or not.
2. We arrived (just) in time to catch the ferry/ get the ferry/ board on the ferry.
3. We wouldn’t want to impose (any) restrictions on the freedom of the students.
4. I am not sure/ certain how I would have reacted in that situation.
5. It suddenly dawned on me what a "freebie" was/ what was the meaning of a "freebie".

Part 5. (20 points)
Chú ý: Nếu bài viết lạc đề, không cho điểm

Mô tả tiêu chí đánh giá

Điểm tối đa

Bố cục

- Câu chủ đề (Topic sentence) mạch lạc, nêu được ý chính của đoạn văn.
- Bố cục hợp lí rõ ràng phù hợp yêu cầu của đề bài.
- Có thể có câu kết luận (Concluding sentence) tóm tắt ý chính của đoạn văn, hoặc đưa ra một gợi ý, một quan điểm hay một dự đoán.

Phát triển ý

- Phát triển ý có trình tự logic, đủ thuyết phục người đọc.
- Có các ý triển khai (supporting ideas) trong đoạn văn.
- Có dẫn chứng, ví dụ, ... đủ để bảo vệ ý kiến của mình.

Sử dụng ngôn từ

- Sử dụng ngôn từ đa dạng phù hợp, liên quan đến chủ đề đoạn văn.
- Sử dụng ngôn từ đúng văn phong/thể loại.
- Sử dụng từ nối các ý cho bài viết uyển chuyển.

Ngữ pháp, đấu câu, và chính tả

- Sử dụng đúng dấu câu.
- Chính tả: viết đúng chính tả.
+ Lỗi chính tả gây hiểu nhầm/sai lệch ý sẽ bị tính một lỗi (trừ 1% điểm của bài viết).
+ Cùng một lỗi chính tả lặp lại chỉ tính là một lỗi.
- Sử dụng đúng thời, thể, cấu trúc câu đúng ngữ pháp.
- Độ dài: 140-160 từ

Tổng

[TBODY] [/TBODY]

ng.htrang2004

Cựu Mod Anh
Thành viên
9 Tháng chín 2017
Hà Tĩnh
THPT chuyên Đại học Vinh - ViKClanha
Part 5. All students should be required to study Art and Music in high schools. Do you agree or disagree with the statement? In about 150 words, write a paragraph to express your opinion. Use specific reasons to support your idea. (20 points)
trời ơi, bài viết luận của em những 180 từ luôn

Reactions: Chou Chou

Ve Ri Tas

Banned
Banned
12 Tháng một 2018
Du học sinh
Oxford University
Chỗ t năm trc ra đề là hcọ sinh có nên được yêu cầu đánh giá giáo viên bở nhà trường không :V khó vch -_-

Top Bottom