English THPT Choose the word CLOSEST in meaning to the capital words in each of the following questions

Học sinh chăm học
Thành viên
20 Tháng mười hai 2020
[TẶNG BẠN] TRỌN BỘ Bí kíp học tốt 08 môn
Chắc suất Đại học top - Giữ chỗ ngay!!

ĐĂNG BÀI NGAY để cùng trao đổi với các thành viên siêu nhiệt tình & dễ thương trên diễn đàn.

1. "Edward seems like A DOG WITH TWO TAILS this morning" - "Haven't you heard the news? His wife gave birth to a baby boy early this morning"
A. extremely happy B. Extremely disappointed C. exhausted D. very proud
2. I can't STOMACH those silly people who always go around with their mobile phones glued to their ears
A. protest B. accept C. argue D. criticise
3. I simple don't believe the scheme will ever succeed, it's just PIE IN THE SKY
A. likely to swing B. unlikely to happen C. possible to fly D. impossible to devise
4. The security will always be ON HAND in case of emergency
A. ready to help B. able to respond promptly C. completely busy D. professional
5. Did she GET THE BETTER IF you in the argument as to whether milk is good for our health?
A. gain an advantage over B. gain a disadvantage over C. try to beat D. try to be better than
6. Once I realised I WAS NOT CUT OUT FOR the job, I decided to hand in my notice
A. was laid off by the company B. did not have the necessary qualities and abilities
C. did not take the necessary action to resolve D. lacked relevant working experience

Tannie0903

Cựu Mod Tiếng Anh
Thành viên
8 Tháng mười hai 2021
Nghệ An
1. "Edward seems like A DOG WITH TWO TAILS this morning" - "Haven't you heard the news? His wife gave birth to a baby boy early this morning"
2. I can't STOMACH those silly people who always go around with their mobile phones glued to their ears
3. I simple don't believe the scheme will ever succeed, it's just PIE IN THE SKY
A. likely to swing B. unlikely to happen C. possible to fly D. impossible to devise
5. Did she GET THE BETTER IF you in the argument as to whether milk is good for our health?
A. gain an advantage over B. gain a disadvantage over C. try to beat D. try to be better than
6. Once I realised I WAS NOT CUT OUT FOR the job, I decided to hand in my notice
A. was laid off by the company B. did not have the necessary qualities and abilities
C. did not take the necessary action to resolve D. lacked relevant working experience
09721629871. "Edward seems like A DOG WITH TWO TAILS this morning" - "Haven't you heard the news? His wife gave birth to a baby boy early this morning"
a dog with two tails: cực kỳ vui sướng
=> Câu này có thể dùng trí tưởng tượng để làm được nè, nghĩ về con cún hay vẫy đuôi còn có 2 cái đuôi-_-:meomun25( hông có cún dùng icon mèo đỡ nha)

stomach: ủng hộ. chấp nhận
Dịch: tôi không thể nuôt nổi mấy con người ngớ ngẩn luôn đi lại với điện thoại kề kề bên tai

pie in the sky: việc ai đó nói đến mà trông không thể xảy ra
be on hand: sẵn sàng giúp đỡ
5. Did she GET THE BETTER IF you in the argument as to whether milk is good for our health?=> bạn check lại đề thử nhé, mình nghĩ nó phải là of cơ
A. gain an advantage over
B. gain a disadvantage over C. try to beat D. try to be better than
get the better of sb: thắng thế
be not cut out for ( a job): không đủ trình độ khả năng để làm nghề gì đó; không hợp nghề gì đó

Chúc bạn học tốt, tham khảo thêm kiến thức ở đây nhé:
Học IDIOMS theo chủ đề

Top Bottom