English THPT choose the right verbs provided in the box

nhi115

Học sinh
Thành viên
10 Tháng mười hai 2021
Hải Phòng
[TẶNG BẠN] TRỌN BỘ Bí kíp học tốt 08 môn
Chắc suất Đại học top - Giữ chỗ ngay!!

ĐĂNG BÀI NGAY để cùng trao đổi với các thành viên siêu nhiệt tình & dễ thương trên diễn đàn.

For questions 26-35, choose the right verbs provided in the box, then fill in each blank with a suitable
form of the phrasal verb:

work put set look stand
bear bring carry turn put

26. A huge amount of environmental damage ........................... by the destruction of the rainforests
in the past decades.
27. I'm not going to ........................... an invitation to go to New York!
28. Are you going to ........................... that job.
29. The outlines of rooftops and chimneys ........................... against the pale sky.
30. Evidence ........................... the idea that students learn best in small groups.
31. You need to ........................... improving your writing.
32. Don't let the restaurant's decor ........................... you ..................... - the food is really good.
33. Turn off the water supply before ........................... repairs.
34. I hope things will start to ........................... in the new year.
35. Winter seems to be ........................... early this year.

Tannie0903

Cựu Mod Tiếng Anh
Thành viên
8 Tháng mười hai 2021
Nghệ An
Carry turn put
26. A huge amount of environmental damage ..............was brought about............. by the destruction of the rainforests in the past decades.(bring about=cause)
27. I'm not going to .........turn down.................. an invitation to go to New York!( từ chối)
28. Are you going to ........................... that job.(câu này mình nghĩ turn down cũng thích hợp nên mình vẫn phân vân giữa câu 27 và 28)
29. The outlines of rooftops and chimneys ..............stand out............. against the pale sky.(nổi bật)
30. Evidence ............bears out............... the idea that students learn best in small groups.(xác nhận, chứng thực)
31. You need to ..........work towards................. improving your writing.(cố gắng làm gì)
32. Don't let the restaurant's decor ............put.............. you ...............off...... - the food is really good. (Làm ai đó mất hứng)
33. Turn off the water supply before ..............carrying out ............. repairs.( tiếnh hành sửa chữa)
34. I hope things will start to ...............look up............ in the new year.(trở nên tốt hơn)
35. Winter seems to be .............set in.............. early this year.(bắt đầu)

Reactions: nhi115 and chi254

Trinh Linh Mai

Học sinh tiến bộ
Thành viên
30 Tháng ba 2021
Thanh Hóa
THCS Định Hưng

nhi115

Học sinh
Thành viên
10 Tháng mười hai 2021
Hải Phòng
à ko mình lộn, từ put ở câu 28 á, bạn nghĩ có cụm từ nào thích hợp ko?

Hien Dang

Cựu Mod tiếng Anh
Thành viên
2 Tháng chín 2021
Nam Định
NEU
à ko mình lộn, từ put ở câu 28 á, bạn nghĩ có cụm từ nào thích hợp ko?
Câu 28 mình nghĩ là put in for nhé, trong câu này có nghĩa là apply và có ví dụ trong từ điển như sau:
263835509_605359324135713_1335279176165290367_n.png

Ngoài ra nó cũng có nghĩa là make an official request for sth.
Chúc bạn học tốt!

Reactions: S I M O and nhi115
Top Bottom