English THCS Reading

LiLiya

Học sinh
Thành viên
3 Tháng mười một 2021
Hà Nội
[TẶNG BẠN] TRỌN BỘ Bí kíp học tốt 08 môn
Chắc suất Đại học top - Giữ chỗ ngay!!

ĐĂNG BÀI NGAY để cùng trao đổi với các thành viên siêu nhiệt tình & dễ thương trên diễn đàn.

Read the text and questions below. For each question, mark the correct letter A, B, C or D on your answer sheet.
I work at a US university where my team and I are trying to learn more about water birds, particularly one called the American black duck. And we’ve just started using an exciting piece of equipment called a ‘night-vision scope’, which allows us to see the ducks in the dark!
We’re worried about black ducks mainly because their numbers have fallen hugely and we don’t know whether there’s enough food on the east coast for these animals. There’s lots of information about their daytime activities, but nothing about what they do at night, because we simply haven’t had the equipment. But this new ‘scope’ will produce really clear pictures, even on moonless nights, so we’ll be able to find out more and make better decisions about looking after the area where they live based on what we learn.
It is very hard work. There are four of us, each working six hours daily. We've studied ducks in different locations, and I’ve had to take a boat to some sites and make notes on every duck I see. The weather hasn't helped - some nights are mild, but more often it's wet. Oh, and it's so quiet I've needed lots of coffee to stop me falling asleep! We've only missed one working day so far, because the snow was too deep even for our special snow vehicles.
Still I like the challenge of it, especially compared to what the summer will bring – hours in a laboratory, where we’ll look at our results together. It’ll be hard to be stuck inside - but it's essential to do this. And I wouldn’t change it for anything!
63. What is Sam Prentice doing in the text?
A. describing how he became a wildlife biologist
B. explaining how he is doing a piece of research
C. suggesting how readers can learn about one type of bird
D. giving a report of success he’s had in his work
64. What is Sam hoping to discover about American black ducks?
A. what their behaviour is like after dark
B. which kind of food they need to live on
C. which animals are responsible for the fall in their numbers
D. what makes the east coast a suitable location for them
65. When Sam spends long periods watching ducks, he
A. dislikes having to deal with low temperatures.
B. finds there’s enough to do to maintain his interest.
C. is glad of the chance to be in a quiet place.
D. sometimes finds it difficult to stay awake.
66. What does Sam say about working inside a lab over the summer?
A. He feels pleased that he’ll avoid the hot weather.
B. He accepts that it’s a necessary part of his job.
C. He's looking forward to studying his results.
D. He’s glad he'll be working with other people.
67. What might Sam say about his experiences of working outdoors?
A. Having the right vehicle for bad weather has meant we’ve still carried on working, whatever it’s been like outside.
B. We decided that we’d only go to sites that were easy to get to, and I’m really glad we made that decision.
C. Sometimes the moon hasn’t been very bright, but our equipment provides the amount of light we need to collect information.
D. The other people in my team are brilliant, but it’s been hard watching ducks in the same place every day.

Reactions: S I M O

S I M O

Cựu Phụ trách nhóm Anh
Thành viên
19 Tháng tư 2017
Nam Định
Trái tim của Riky-Kun
Read the text and questions below. For each question, mark the correct letter A, B, C or D on your answer sheet.
I work at a US university where my team and I are trying to learn more about water birds, particularly one called the American black duck. And we’ve just started using an exciting piece of equipment called a ‘night-vision scope’, which allows us to see the ducks in the dark!
We’re worried about black ducks mainly because their numbers have fallen hugely and we don’t know whether there’s enough food on the east coast for these animals. There’s lots of information about their daytime activities, but nothing about what they do at night, because we simply haven’t had the equipment. But this new ‘scope’ will produce really clear pictures, even on moonless nights, so we’ll be able to find out more and make better decisions about looking after the area where they live based on what we learn.
It is very hard work. There are four of us, each working six hours daily. We've studied ducks in different locations, and I’ve had to take a boat to some sites and make notes on every duck I see. The weather hasn't helped - some nights are mild, but more often it's wet. Oh, and it's so quiet I've needed lots of coffee to stop me falling asleep! We've only missed one working day so far, because the snow was too deep even for our special snow vehicles.
Still I like the challenge of it, especially compared to what the summer will bring – hours in a laboratory, where we’ll look at our results together. It’ll be hard to be stuck inside - but it's essential to do this. And I wouldn’t change it for anything!
A. Having the right vehicle for bad weather has meant we’ve still carried on working, whatever it’s been like outside.
B. We decided that we’d only go to sites that were easy to get to, and I’m really glad we made that decision.
C. Sometimes the moon hasn’t been very bright, but our equipment provides the amount of light we need to collect information.
D. The other people in my team are brilliant, but it’s been hard watching ducks in the same place every day.

We’re worried about black ducks mainly because their numbers have fallen hugely and we don’t know whether there’s enough food on the east coast for these animals. There’s lots of information about their daytime activities, but nothing about what they do at night 64, because we simply haven’t had the equipment. But this new ‘scope’ will produce really clear pictures, even on moonless nights, so we’ll be able to find out more and make better decisions about looking after the area where they live based on what we learn. 67
It is very hard work. There are four of us, each working six hours daily. We've studied ducks in different locations, and I’ve had to take a boat to some sites and make notes on every duck I see. The weather hasn't helped - some nights are mild, but more often it's wet. Oh, and it's so quiet I've needed lots of coffee to stop me falling asleep 65! We've only missed one working day so far, because the snow was too deep even for our special snow vehicles.
Still I like the challenge of it, especially compared to what the summer will bring – hours in a laboratory, where we’ll look at our results together 66. It’ll be hard to be stuck inside - but it's essential to do this. And I wouldn’t change it for anything!

Ngoài ra bạn cũng có thể tham khảo và ủng hộ những topic sau để có sự tiến bộ về nhiều kỹ năng ~
[TIPs] Rewrite the sentences
Ten words a day and some tips for learning
[Dịch thuật] Word order

Luyện thi tốt nghiệp THPTQG môn tiếng Anh
NEXT 0.2
Chia sẻ phương pháp ôn thi
Tổng hợp kiến thức các môn

Chúc bạn một ngày vui vẻ!

Reactions: LiLiya

sensai

Học sinh mới
14 Tháng mười một 2023
Thái Bình

Top Bottom