English THCS You are going to read an article in which four people describe their best teacher. For questions 1-

Song_Ngu_123

Học sinh chăm học
Thành viên
20 Tháng chín 2021
Hà Nam
THCS Trần Phú
[TẶNG BẠN] TRỌN BỘ Bí kíp học tốt 08 môn
Chắc suất Đại học top - Giữ chỗ ngay!!

ĐĂNG BÀI NGAY để cùng trao đổi với các thành viên siêu nhiệt tình & dễ thương trên diễn đàn.

You are going to read an article in which four people describe their best teacher. For questions 1-15, choose from the people (A – D). The people may be chosen more than once.
Which person had a teacher who…
taught more than one member of the same family? 1.______
might have wished their pupils to choose a different career? 2.______
was popular with all the pupils? 3. ______
had to overcome a disadvantage when teaching? 4. ______
made contact after their pupils left school? 5. ______
taught in an unusual physical position? 6. ______
changed their pupils’ behavior? 7. ______
became their teacher as a result of a personal contact? 8. ______
developed their pupils’ physical and mental skills? 9. ______
pointed their pupils in the direction of a successful career? 10. ______
demonstrated a sense of humor? 11. ______
decided what to teach by responding to their pupils’ interests? 12. ______
showed what was necessary instead of talking about it? 13. ______
was also doing another job? 14. ______
put an emphasis on what pupils expressed, not the way they expressed it? 15. ______
MY BEST TEACHER
A
Sandy Ross
Brian Earle, my English teacher was a very intense man with thick glasses, and the fact that he taught a lot of his classes standing on his head was also seen as extremely peculiar. He taught me for just one year and it was probably one of the most creative years of my life. He didn’t believe in giving marks for grammar or punctuation; he implied that the mechanics of writing were not important if you had something to say. When I wrote a short story for him called ‘Army’, he simply wrote across the bottom: 'You’ve just got to keep on writing.’ Those few words of support had a fantastic effect on me in terms of wanting to write and be involved in writing. Brian Earle had a love for teaching and his subject.
B
Rajah Ishtiak
My mother was an editor of Pakistan’s largest newspaper and she knew and liked its librarian, Atif Burkhi. Atif was well-educated and when I was about 12, my mother decided I should learn more about the region’s history and she chose Atif as my tutor. It turned out to be an inspiring move. He would come to our house once a week to teach me, from the end of school until supper. He took me through a lot of history, but after a few lessons I got bored. ‘I know you’re being paid by my parents to teach me this stuff,’ I said, ‘but there are other things in the world.’ He burst out laughing as he so often did and asked: ‘What do you want to talk about then?’ And so we would discuss global issues and world literature.
C
Jennifer Pitt
Everyone loved Miss Young. She taught me between the ages of 13 and 17 and was instrumental in my becoming an actress. She knew I was interested in acting, but it just wasn’t an option in my world. My father was a driving examiner and I wasn’t exposed to acting as a career. It was Miss Young who told me about the National Youth Theatre, which was an organization I was unaware of. She suggested I look into it and think about going there. About ten years after I left school, when I was with the Royal Shakespeare Company and playing fairly high-profile parts, I got a letter from Miss Young saying she was following my career with interest, but as far as I know, she never came to see me perform. She certainly never came to see me backstage.
D
Sarah Parker
Tae Kwon Do is a martial art which has become popular as a sporting activity in recent years. I started learning it in the Ivory Coast in Africa when I was about 13, and later became the country’s first black belt. My teacher, Park Min Ho, had been sent by the Tae Kwon Do federation in Korea to open a club. It was very successful. When he arrived he didn’t know a word of French, so he used to demonstrate rather than explain. At the time my brother and I started learning Tae Kwon Do, we were fighting like mad. But we quickly understood we had to stop fighting because we realized that fighting was about self-defense, not aggression. Tae Kwon Do teaches you to control your anger and control your body. It is very good for your memory, co-ordination and self-discipline. And you are acquiring a philosophy. Later on, Park opened a restaurant and then moved back to Korea. We had a very friendly relationship, but somehow I feel like I was a disappointment to him. He thought I had a future in the sport. But when I was 17, I decided it was not what I wanted to do.

Tannie0903

Cựu Mod Tiếng Anh
Thành viên
8 Tháng mười hai 2021
Nghệ An
You are going to read an article in which four people describe their best teacher. For questions 1-15, choose from the people (A – D). The people may be chosen more than once.
Which person had a teacher who…
taught more than one member of the same family? 1.__D____
might have wished their pupils to choose a different career? 2.__D____
was popular with all the pupils? 3. __C____
had to overcome a disadvantage when teaching? 4. _D_____
made contact after their pupils left school? 5. __C____
taught in an unusual physical position? 6. ___A___
changed their pupils’ behavior? 7. __D____
became their teacher as a result of a personal contact? 8. __B____
developed their pupils’ physical and mental skills? 9. ___D___
pointed their pupils in the direction of a successful career? 10. _C_____
demonstrated a sense of humor? 11. __B____
decided what to teach by responding to their pupils’ interests? 12. _B_____
showed what was necessary instead of talking about it? 13. ___D___
was also doing another job? 14. __B____
put an emphasis on what pupils expressed, not the way they expressed it? 15. _A_____
MY BEST TEACHER
A
Sandy Ross
Brian Earle, my English teacher was a very intense man with thick glasses, and the fact that he taught a lot of his classes standing on his head was also seen as extremely peculiar. He taught me for just one year and it was probably one of the most creative years of my life. He didn’t believe in giving marks for grammar or punctuation; he implied that the mechanics of writing were not important if you had something to say. When I wrote a short story for him called ‘Army’, he simply wrote across the bottom: 'You’ve just got to keep on writing.’ Those few words of support had a fantastic effect on me in terms of wanting to write and be involved in writing. Brian Earle had a love for teaching and his subject.
B
Rajah Ishtiak
My mother was an editor of Pakistan’s largest newspaper and she knew and liked its librarian, Atif Burkhi. Atif was well-educated and when I was about 12, my mother decided I should learn more about the region’s history and she chose Atif as my tutor. It turned out to be an inspiring move. He would come to our house once a week to teach me, from the end of school until supper. He took me through a lot of history, but after a few lessons I got bored. ‘I know you’re being paid by my parents to teach me this stuff,’ I said, ‘but there are other things in the world.’ He burst out laughing as he so often did and asked: ‘What do you want to talk about then?’ And so we would discuss global issues and world literature.
C
Jennifer Pitt
Everyone loved Miss Young. She taught me between the ages of 13 and 17 and was instrumental in my becoming an actress. She knew I was interested in acting, but it just wasn’t an option in my world. My father was a driving examiner and I wasn’t exposed to acting as a career. It was Miss Young who told me about the National Youth Theatre, which was an organization I was unaware of. She suggested I look into it and think about going there. About ten years after I left school, when I was with the Royal Shakespeare Company and playing fairly high-profile parts, I got a letter from Miss Young saying she was following my career with interest, but as far as I know, she never came to see me perform. She certainly never came to see me backstage.
D
Sarah Parker
Tae Kwon Do is a martial art which has become popular as a sporting activity in recent years. I started learning it in the Ivory Coast in Africa when I was about 13, and later became the country’s first black belt. My teacher, Park Min Ho, had been sent by the Tae Kwon Do federation in Korea to open a club. It was very successful. When he arrived he didn’t know a word of French, so he used to demonstrate rather than explain. At the time my brother and I started learning Tae Kwon Do, we were fighting like mad. But we quickly understood we had to stop fighting because we realized that fighting was about self-defense, not aggression. Tae Kwon Do teaches you to control your anger and control your body. It is very good for your memory, co-ordination and self-discipline. And you are acquiring a philosophy. Later on, Park opened a restaurant and then moved back to Korea. We had a very friendly relationship, but somehow I feel like I was a disappointment to him. He thought I had a future in the sport. But when I was 17, I decided it was not what I wanted to do.

Reactions: chi254
Top Bottom