Zelly Nguyễn

Học sinh chăm học
Thành viên
26 Tháng tám 2021
Hưng Yên
THCS Nam Hồng
[TẶNG BẠN] TRỌN BỘ Bí kíp học tốt 08 môn
Chắc suất Đại học top - Giữ chỗ ngay!!

ĐĂNG BÀI NGAY để cùng trao đổi với các thành viên siêu nhiệt tình & dễ thương trên diễn đàn.

Use the word given in brackets and make any necessary additions to write a new sentence in such a way that it is as similar as possible in meaning to the original sentence. Do NOT change the form of the given word. You must use between three and six words, including the word given.
1. The pie chart didn't make sense to me until Mike explained it. (had)
Only when Mike ___________________________________ it make sense to him.
2.The colour of the library walls will be changed as long as the college authorities agree to pay for it. (subject)
The colour of the library walls will be changed __________________ to pay for it.
3. People say that eating a large meal just before bedtime means you sleep less well. (supposed)
Eating a large meal just before bedtime ________________________ a negative effect on how well you sleep.
4. Perhaps Fiona forgot to take her newspaper with her when she got off the train. (may)
Fiona __________________________________ the train when she got off.
5.The author couldn't think what to call his novel. (come)
The author wasn't able ______________________________ for his novel.
6. I think it is unlikely that there will be any improvement in the situation. (likelihood)
I think ____________________________________ the situation improving.
7. The committee will have to consider many factors before coming to a decision. (account)
The committee will have to _____________________________ before coming to a decision.
8. He will not be put off taking that trip to China. (deter)
Nothing _________________________________ trip to China.
9. Didn't you want me to tell the staff about your resignation? (rather)
Would ______________________________________ the staff know about your resignation?
10. I want to inform you that I was not satisfied with the standard of service in your hotel. (express)
I would ________________________________ with the standard of service in your hotel.

Tannie0903

Cựu Mod Tiếng Anh
Thành viên
8 Tháng mười hai 2021
Nghệ An
Use the word given in brackets and make any necessary additions to write a new sentence in such a way that it is as similar as possible in meaning to the original sentence. Do NOT change the form of the given word. You must use between three and six words, including the word given.
Only when Mike ___________________________________ it make sense to him.
2.The colour of the library walls will be changed as long as the college authorities agree to pay for it. (subject)
The colour of the library walls will be changed __________________ to pay for it.
3. People say that eating a large meal just before bedtime means you sleep less well. (supposed)
Eating a large meal just before bedtime ________________________ a negative effect on how well you sleep.
4. Perhaps Fiona forgot to take her newspaper with her when she got off the train. (may)
Fiona __________________________________ the train when she got off.
The author wasn't able ______________________________ for his novel.
6. I think it is unlikely that there will be any improvement in the situation. (likelihood)
I think ____________________________________ the situation improving.
7. The committee will have to consider many factors before coming to a decision. (account)
The committee will have to _____________________________ before coming to a decision.
Nothing _________________________________ trip to China.
Would ______________________________________ the staff know about your resignation?
10. I want to inform you that I was not satisfied with the standard of service in your hotel. (express)
I would ________________________________ with the standard of service in your hotel.
Zelly NguyễnBạn tham khảo nhé:
Only when Mike had explained the pie chart, did it make sense to him(-> me sẽ hợp lý hơn)
-> only when= not until

The colour of the library walls will be changed ___as long as the agreement is subject to approval by the college authorities _______________ to pay for it.
the action/event is subject to sth: hành động/ sự kiện cần một điều kiện tiên quyết trước khi có thể diễn
Eating a large meal just before bedtime ___is supposed to be ( có thể )_____________________ a negative effect on how well you sleep.
Fiona __may have forgotten to take her newspaper with her in ________________________________ the train when she got off.
The author wasn't able ___to come up with( nghĩ ra) a name___________________________ for his novel.
I think ___there is no/little likelihood(= no chance) of_________________________________ the situation improving.
The committee will have to __take many factors into account( suy xét các yếu tố cẩn thận)___________________________ before coming to a decision.
Nothing _will deter ( ngăn cản) him from taking that________________________________ trip to China.
Would _you rather i had not _____________________________________ the staff know about your resignation?
I would ___like to express my dissatisfaction_____________________________ with the standard of service in your hotel.
Chúc bạn học tốt, nếu thắc mắc gì hãy hỏi thêm nhé!
Bạn có thể ghé thăm topic của mình nhé:
-Ôn thi theo chủ điểm

-Luyện tập phrasal verbs
Đây là một số kiến thức khác bạn có thể tham khảo nhé:
-Tổng hợp kiến thức các môn

• Love
Reactions: Zelly Nguyễn

handsomej

Học sinh mới
10 Tháng năm 2023
Hà Tĩnh
Bạn tham khảo nhé:
Only when Mike had explained the pie chart, did it make sense to him(-> me sẽ hợp lý hơn)
-> only when= not until

The colour of the library walls will be changed ___as long as the agreement is subject to approval by the college authorities _______________ to pay for it.
the action/event is subject to sth: hành động/ sự kiện cần một điều kiện tiên quyết trước khi có thể diễn
Eating a large meal just before bedtime ___is supposed to be ( có thể )_____________________ a negative effect on how well you sleep.
Fiona __may have forgotten to take her newspaper with her in ________________________________ the train when she got off.
The author wasn't able ___to come up with( nghĩ ra) a name___________________________ for his novel.
I think ___there is no/little likelihood(= no chance) of_________________________________ the situation improving.
The committee will have to __take many factors into account( suy xét các yếu tố cẩn thận)___________________________ before coming to a decision.
Nothing _will deter ( ngăn cản) him from taking that________________________________ trip to China.
Would _you rather i had not _____________________________________ the staff know about your resignation?
I would ___like to express my dissatisfaction_____________________________ with the standard of service in your hotel.
Chúc bạn học tốt, nếu thắc mắc gì hãy hỏi thêm nhé!
Bạn có thể ghé thăm topic của mình nhé:
-Ôn thi theo chủ điểm

-Luyện tập phrasal verbs
Đây là một số kiến thức khác bạn có thể tham khảo nhé:
-Tổng hợp kiến thức các môn
Tannie0903dùng từ 2 đến 6 từ mà ạ, câu 2 c dùng hơn từ rồi ấy

Top Bottom