English THCS Use the word in brackets, complete the second sentence so that it has a similar meaning to the first

Song_Ngu_123

Học sinh chăm học
Thành viên
20 Tháng chín 2021
Hà Nam
THCS Trần Phú
[TẶNG BẠN] TRỌN BỘ Bí kíp học tốt 08 môn
Chắc suất Đại học top - Giữ chỗ ngay!!

ĐĂNG BÀI NGAY để cùng trao đổi với các thành viên siêu nhiệt tình & dễ thương trên diễn đàn.

Use the word in brackets, complete the second sentence so that it has a similar meaning to the first one. DO NOT change the word given.
1. The boy was about to cry when he was punished by his mother. (point)
The boy was _______________________________________ when he was punished by his mother.
2. There aren’t many other books which discuss this problem so well. (discussed)
In few other books _________________________________________________________________.
3. I thought about what had happened all those years before. (mind)
I cast ___________________________________________________________________________.
4. I’m sure it wasn’t Mrs. Smith you saw because she’s in Singapore. (been)
It ___________________________________________________because she’s in Singapore.
5. Andrew is said to be a very good cook. (reputation)
Andrew ________________________________________________a very good cook.

Tannie0903

Cựu Mod Tiếng Anh
Thành viên
8 Tháng mười hai 2021
Nghệ An
Use the word in brackets, complete the second sentence so that it has a similar meaning to the first one. DO NOT change the word given.
1. The boy was about to cry when he was punished by his mother. (point)
The boy was ______on the point of crying_________________________________ when he was punished by his mother.
2. There aren’t many other books which discuss this problem so well. (discussed)
In few other books ___would one see this problem so well discussed______________________________________________________________.
3. I thought about what had happened all those years before. (mind)
I cast my mind back to what has happened all those years before.
4. I’m sure it wasn’t Mrs. Smith you saw because she’s in Singapore. (been)
It __can't have been Mrs. Smith you saw_________________________________________________because she’s in Singapore.
5. Andrew is said to be a very good cook. (reputation)
Andrew ___has the reputation of being____________________________________________a very good cook.

Reactions: chi254
Top Bottom