English THCS TA

czfkqdc5vr@privaterelay.appleid.com

Học sinh mới
Thành viên
24 Tháng một 2022
[TẶNG BẠN] TRỌN BỘ Bí kíp học tốt 08 môn
Chắc suất Đại học top - Giữ chỗ ngay!!

ĐĂNG BÀI NGAY để cùng trao đổi với các thành viên siêu nhiệt tình & dễ thương trên diễn đàn.

Fill in each blank with a word from the box.
(though - warmer - degrees – from - harm - contaminated - like - increase)
Pollution always seems to be a hot topic. We are constantly aware of how we are changing our planet, (1) __FROM _______ air pollution to the pollution of our drinking water. There are several types of pollution, but do you ever hear about thermal pollution?
Think about where you live. What is the climate (2) _______? If you live a long way north or south of the equator, it is generally pretty cold throughout the year. If you live closer to the equator, it is generally (3) ________. Now imagine if for some reasons, the temperature of your area increased by a few dozen (4)______. For some, this would change how you live your life. You may wear different clothing or build different houses. For others, this might mean that you can no longer live in that area. Too much of a temperature (5) _______ is capable of killing human beings. This would not be a good situation if this were to happen to our planet.
Many types of pollution are very straightforward. Air pollution is the pumping of gases and particles that cause (6) _______ into the air. Water pollution is any type of activity that leads our drinking water sources to become (7) _________. Thermal pollution is lesser-known. In thermal pollution, human activity causes a body of water to increase or decrease in temperature, (8) ______ in the majority of cases it is a temperature increase. This increase or decrease can be thought of in much the same way as our introductory scenario. In some cases, the shift only changes life slightly. In others, it’s game over.
Complete the second sentence so that it means the same as the first one.
1. The rivers and canals are dry because there are many dams in the upstream.
Due to_____________________________________________________.
2. The ocean water became contaminated by liquid petroleum as a result of the oil spills.
Because of_____________________________________________________.
3. Because treated waste water isn’t used and properly managed, health effects occur.
If_____________________________________________________.
4. People continue using plastic, there will be more plastic than fish in the ocean.
Unless_____________________________________________________.
5. The reason why light pollution can cause a hazard is that it can cause diminished visibility.
Since _____________________________________________________.-
6. Cars emit dangerous fumes, so lots of people die of diseases caused by air pollution.
If_____________________________________________________.
7. Let’s encourage our friends to use biological bags instead of plastic ones.
Why_____________________________________________________.?
8. It’s a good idea for the governments to punish the polluters with large fines.
The governmentsshould_____________________________________________________.
Match the sentences.
1. I think only cities have noise pollution.
2. Cars emitting black smoke should be banned.
3. What will you do with these pictures?
4. Today is the hottest day I’ve ever known.
5. What is the name of your project?
6. Radioactive pollution is rare, but it will be a deathly disaster if it happens.
7. Is it true that polluted air is more dangerous than smoking?
8. I usually see people throw trash in the street, but I don’t know what to do then.
9. How can children help to save the earth?
10. Look at the river! There are lots of dead fish.
a. It’s “Save the environment: our work”.
b. But tomorrow may be even hotter.
c. They can save water, paper, electricity... and don’t litter.
d. Terrible! It must be hundreds of them.
e. Banning isn’t the best way. A fine is more appropriate.
f. That’s not true. My grandpa in the countryside suffers from his neighbours every evening. They sing karaoke so loudly.
g. You’re right. A radiation leak can cause huge damage to humans and living creatures.
h. I would politely tell them not to do so if I were you.
i. I just know that both of them are dangerous.
j. I’ll use them for my presentation on Earth Day.
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Hien Dang

Cựu Mod tiếng Anh
Thành viên
2 Tháng chín 2021
Nam Định
NEU
Pollution always seems to be a hot topic. We are constantly aware of how we are changing our planet, (1) __FROM _______ air pollution to the pollution of our drinking water. There are several types of pollution, but do you ever hear about thermal pollution?
Think about where you live. What is the climate (2) ___like____? If you live a long way north or south of the equator, it is generally pretty cold throughout the year. If you live closer to the equator, it is generally (3) ____warmer____. Now imagine if for some reasons, the temperature of your area increased by a few dozen (4)___degrees___. For some, this would change how you live your life. You may wear different clothing or build different houses. For others, this might mean that you can no longer live in that area. Too much of a temperature (5) __increase_____ is capable of killing human beings. This would not be a good situation if this were to happen to our planet.
Many types of pollution are very straightforward. Air pollution is the pumping of gases and particles that cause (6) ___harm____ into the air. Water pollution is any type of activity that leads our drinking water sources to become (7) ___contaminated______. Thermal pollution is lesser-known. In thermal pollution, human activity causes a body of water to increase or decrease in temperature, (8) __though____ in the majority of cases it is a temperature increase. This increase or decrease can be thought of in much the same way as our introductory scenario. In some cases, the shift only changes life slightly. In others, it’s game over.

Match the sentences.
1. I think only cities have noise pollution. - f
2. Cars emitting black smoke should be banned. - e
3. What will you do with these pictures? - j
4. Today is the hottest day I’ve ever known. - b
5. What is the name of your project? - a
6. Radioactive pollution is rare, but it will be a deathly disaster if it happens. - g
7. Is it true that polluted air is more dangerous than smoking? - i
8. I usually see people throw trash in the street, but I don’t know what to do then. - h
9. How can children help to save the earth? - c
10. Look at the river! There are lots of dead fish. - d
a. It’s “Save the environment: our work”.
b. But tomorrow may be even hotter.
c. They can save water, paper, electricity... and don’t litter.
d. Terrible! It must be hundreds of them.
e. Banning isn’t the best way. A fine is more appropriate.
f. That’s not true. My grandpa in the countryside suffers from his neighbours every evening. They sing karaoke so loudly.
g. You’re right. A radiation leak can cause huge damage to humans and living creatures.
h. I would politely tell them not to do so if I were you.
i. I just know that both of them are dangerous.
j. I’ll use them for my presentation on Earth Day.
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Bạn tham khảo nhé. Chúc bạn học tốt!

Ngoài ra bạn có thể tham khảo topic sau để rèn kỹ nặng đọc:
Reading Made Easy

Top Bottom