Bạch Tử Phong

Học sinh
Thành viên
18 Tháng mười 2020
Hà Nam
THPT CHUYÊN BIÊN HÒA và TRẦN PHÚ
[TẶNG BẠN] TRỌN BỘ Bí kíp học tốt 08 môn
Chắc suất Đại học top - Giữ chỗ ngay!!

ĐĂNG BÀI NGAY để cùng trao đổi với các thành viên siêu nhiệt tình & dễ thương trên diễn đàn.

REVIEW GRAMMAR STRUCTURES
TEST 1:
Part I: Finish each of the following sentences in such a way that it means exactly the same as the sentence printed before it. (10 points)

1. The film is similar to Shakespeare’s Hamlet in a number of ways.
→The film bears some resemblance to Shakespeare's Hamlet.
2. They believe that Oliver failed his exam because he was nervous.
→ Oliver’s failure is believed to have resulted from his nervousness.
3. He imitated George Bush and other politicians in a humorous way.
→He took George Bush and other politicians off.
4. The boy wasn’t allowed to have any friends, so he became an introvert.
→Deprived of friends, the boy became an introvert.
5. The direct aim of the statement is to make the public aware of the present situation.
→The statement boils down to making the public aware of the present situation.
Part II: Rewrite each of the following sentences so that it means exactly the same as the given one. Using the given word in brackets. Do not change the word. (10 points)

1. Turn off all switches before leaving the room. (must)
→You must turn off all switches before you leave the room.
2. “Would you like to go with me to the market, Mai?”- Ha said (invited)
→Ha invited Mai to go with her to the market.

3. As television programmes become more popular, they seem to get worse. (worse)
→The more popular become television programmes, the worse they seem.
4. We were very impressed by the new cinema but found it rather expensive. (by)
→Impressed as we were by the new cinema, we found it rather expensive.
5. I never intended to go to the meeting. (intention)
→I never had any intention to go to the meeting.
Part III: Writing a paragraph (30 points)
In about 120 – 150 words, write a paragraph about effects of electronic devices in learning.
TEST 2:
Part I: Finish each of the following sentences in such a way that it means exactly the same as the sentence printed before it. (10 points)

1.Without your advice, I would never have made a good investment.
If it hadn’t been for your advice, I would never have made a good investment.
2. Her grief was so great that she almost fainted.
So great her grief was that she almost fainted.
3.Mick thought that we were married.
Mick was under the impression that we were married.
4. The only thing that kept us out of prison was the way he spoke the local dialect.
But for his command of the local dialect, we could have been failed.
5.It is not worth asking Ms. Hoa to help. There’s no point in asking Ms. Hoa to help.
Part II: Rewrite each of the following sentences so that it means exactly the same as the given one. Using the given word in brackets. Do not change the word. (10 points)

1. The rain was coming down in torrents. ( cats)
It was raining cats and dogs.
2. The regiment’s reputation was greatly damaged by his outrageous conduct. ( harm)
His outrageous conduct did harm to the regiment’s reputation.
3. You can avoid tooth decay by brushing your teeth regularly. ( prevented)
Tooth decay can be prevented by brushing your teeth regularly.
4. You aren’t allowed to smoke on the tube. ( ban)
Smoking on the tube is banned.
5. They share a lot of hobbies and interests. ( common)
They have many things in common.
In 120 – 150 words, write a paragraph about ways to become a celebrity.
TEST 3:
Part I. Finish each of the following sentences in such a way that it means exactly the same as the sentence printed before it. (10 points)

1. We couldn’t have managed without my father’s money.
→ If it hadn’t been for my father’s money, we couldn’t have managed.
2. I had only just put the phone down when the boss rang back.
→ Hardly had I just put the phone down when the boss rang back.
3. It was Walter Raleigh who introduced potatoes and tobacco into England.
→ The English owe the introduction of potatoes and tobacco to Walter Raleigh.
4. “If my members agree to that, I’ll be very surprised,” said the union delegate.
→ The union delegate observed that he would be very surprised if his members agreed to that.
5. While I strongly disapprove of your behavior, I will help you this time.
→ Despite my strong disapproval of your behavior, I will help you this time.
Part II. Use the word given in brackets and make any necessary additions to write a new sentence in such a way that it is as similar as possible in meaning to the original sentence. Do NOT change the form of the given word. You must use between three and six words, including the word given. (0) has been done as an example. (10 pts)

0. Fiona refused to wear her old dress. (not)
Fiona said that ________ she would not wear ________ her old dress.

As long as he could see, Kevin really didn't mind where he sat in the stadium. (difference)
→ As long as he could see, it made no difference to Kevin where he sat in the stadium.

Somebody should have told us that the date had been changed. (informed)
→ We should have been informed the change of the date.

Jane's family persuaded her to enter the competition. (talked)
→ Jane was talked into entering the competition by her family.

We never imagined that Julian might be planning to resign from his job. (occurred)
→ It never occurred to us that Julian might be planning to resign from his job.

Sally was all ready to leave the office when her boss asked her to type up a report (point)
→ Sally was on the point of leaving the office when her boss asked her to type up a report.
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Part III. Write an essay of about 250 words on the following topic (30 pts):
"The widespread use of the Internet has brought many problems. What do you think are the main problems associated with the use of the web? What solutions can you suggest"?

TEST 4:
Part I. Finish each of the following sentences in such a way that it means exactly the same as the sentence printed before it. (10 points)

1. Although she was busy, she managed to find the time to proofread for me.
→ Busy as she was, she managed to find the time to proofread for me
2. I would prefer you to do computer science.
→ I’d rather you did computer science.
3. They continued to say that I was to blame.
→ They persisted in saying that I was to blame.
4. Vietnamese coffee is considered to be one of the best in the world.
→ Vietnamese coffee is
5. “I never used bad language,” she said.
→ She denied using bad language.
Part II. Use the word given in brackets and make any necessary additions to write a new sentence in such a way that it is as similar as possible in meaning to the original sentence. Do NOT change the form of the given word (10 points)

1. If you want to see me, come here by six a.m. (PROVIDED)
→ Provided you want to see me, come here by six a.m.
2. He won’t let anyone touch his records. (OBJECTS)
→ .................................................................................................................................
3. He didn’t think much of the musical show yesterday. (OPINION)
→ ..................................................................................................................................
4. The concert was not as good as he had hoped. (EXPECTATIONS)
→ The concert was not as good as his expectations.
5. We missed the beginning of the concert because we had overslept. (CONSEQUENCE)
→ .................................................................................................................................
Part III. Write an essay of about 250 words on the following topic (30points):

“Group-work builds up team’s as well as individual spirits and brings members closer together”.
What do you think of that matter? Write an essay of about 250 words to support your points.

TEST 5:

1. When she got to the party, everyone was dancing and singing.
- On her …………………............................................................................................................
2. Barbara runs a successful company and she also manages to look after her five children.
- Not only ........................................................................................................................................
3. It is my opinion that you should spend more time practicing English.
-. If I were you, I would spend more time practicing English.
4.. Everyone was surprised that the famous actor had very little money when he died.
- The famous actor ...........................................................................................................................
5. Success in the academic field depends on your ability to amass qualifications.
- The more ......................................................................................................................................
Part II. Rewrite each of the following sentences so that it means exactly the same as the given one. Using the given word in backets. Do not change the word. (10points)

1. The company didn't decide to replace this model. (INTENTION)
................................................................................................................................................
2.In the next few years, we'll probably hear a lot more about the environmental pollution.
( LIKELY)
...................................................................................................................................................
3. If you are in London by any chance, come and see me. (HAPPEN)
-.................................................................................................................................................
4. Fred tried hard to start the car, but without success. (MATTER)
No matter how hard Fred tried to start the car, he was unsuccessful.
5. There's nothing new about crimes of passion (hills)
-..................................................................................................................................................

Part III. Writing (30 points)

It is important that children should study hard at school. Time spent playing sports and having fun is time wasted.” Do you agree? Write an essay about 200 words to express your viewpoint.

TEST 6:

- On her ....................................................................................................................................
2. Barbara runs a successful company and she also manages to look after her five children.
- Not only........................................................................................................................................
4.. Everyone was surprised that the famous actor had very little money when he died.
- The famous actor .......................................................................................................................
5. Success in the academic field depends on your ability to amass qualifications.
a The more ....................................................................................................................................
Part II. Rewrite each of the following sentences so that it means exactly the same as the given one. Using the given word in backets. Do not change the word. (10points)

................................................................................................................... .
2.In the next few years, we'll probably hear a lot more about the environmental pollution. ( LIKELY)
...................................................................................................................
-.............................................................................................................................................. .

TEST 7:
Part 1: Finish each of the following sentences in such a way that it means exactly the same as the sentence printed before it. (10 points)

1. The demand was so great that they had to reprint the book immediately.
So great was the demand that they had to reprint the book immediately.
2. It was wrong of you not to call the brigade at once.
You should call the brigade at once.
3. We must continue our efforts, whether there are problems or not.
Regardless ……………………………………………………………………………………...
4. But for their help, we couldn’t have survived the famine.
If it hadn’t been for their help, we couldn’t have survived the famine.
5. The film didn’t come up to my expectations
The film fell ..................................................................................................................................
Part 2: Rewrite each of the following sentences so that it means exactly the same as the given one. Using the given word in brackets. Do not change the word. (10 points)

1. She got a scholarship as soon as she registered for the training course. (SCARCELY)
…………………………………………………………………………………………………….........
2. I think you should be tolerant of other people’s weakness. (ALLOWANCE)
3. You can avoid tooth decay by brushing your teeth regularly. (PREVENTED)
4. "I'm sorry, I didn't call you this morning ",Tom said to Mary. (APOLOGIZED)
Tom apologized for not having called Mary this morning.

5. She prefers reading a book to watching television. (RATHER)
She would rather read a book than watch a television.
Part 3: (30 points)
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Studying the English language in an English speaking country is the best but not the only way to learn the language”. In about 180- 200 words, write a paragraph to state your point of view.
TEST 8:
Part 1: Finish each of the following sentences in such a way that it means exactly the same as the sentence printed before it. (10 points)

1. The telephone rang right after he had left the room.
Hardly had he left the room, the telephone rang.
2. People say that she is the best tennis player of our times.
She is said to be the best tennis player of our times.
3. The furniture was so expensive that I didn't buy it .
The furniture was too expensive for me to buy.
4. He is in a lot of trouble now because he lost his passport yesterday.
If he hadn’t lost his passport yesterday, he wouldn’t be in a lot of trouble now.
5. Norman was sorry he had lost his temper.
Norman regretted having had lost his temper.
Part 2: Rewrite each of the following sentences so that it means exactly the same as the given one. Use the given word in brackets. Do not change the word. (10 points)

1. We have never seen such a wonderful sight before. (FIRST TIME)
It is the first time we have ever seen such a wonderful sight.

2. The children made every effort to please their father (BEST)
The children tried their best to please their father.

3. Scientists say forests are being destroyed by air pollution. (BLAME)

4. This new record is certain to sell a lot of copies. (DOUBT)

5. The company has decided to replace this model. (INTENTION)
…………………………………………………………………………………………………………..

Part 3
: (30 points)
It is said that students should be allowed to use electronic devices in class. Do you agree or disagree with that statement? In about 180- 200 words, write a paragraph to express your point of view.
TEST 9:

1. The man was not able to go on an expedition to the Middle East because of his age.
The man was too ___________________________________________
2. Your silly questions distracted me.
You drove ________________________________________________
3. Go to the international ticket desk immediately on arrival.
As ______________________________________________________
4. His second attempt on the world record was successful.
He broke _________________________________________________
5. This problem cannot be solved instantly.
There is ___________________________________________________

Part II. Rewrite each of the following sentences so that it means exactly the same as the given one. Using the given words in brackets. Do not change the word. (10 points)
1. The two theories appear to be completely different. COMMON
Part III. In many countries, young people leave rural areas for studying and working in cities. What are the causes and effects of this trend? In 160 – 200 words Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. ( 30 points)

TEST 10:

1. I am only interested in why he did it.
→ The only thing..................................................................................
2. House prices have risen dramatically this year.
→ There has been ...............................................................................
3. I can’t understand how this new computer works.
→ This new computer works ..............................................................
4. She didn’t inherit anything under her uncle’s will.
→ Her uncle didn’t .............................................................................
5. I only recognized him when he came into light.
→ Not until ....................................................................................................
Part II. Rewrite each of the following sentences so that it means exactly the same as the given one. Using the given words in brackets. Do not change the word. (10 points)
1. People claim that he was the best tennis player of his times. said
→ He.........................
-5................................................ the best tennis player of his times.
2. They left early because they didn’t want to get caught in the traffic. avoid
→ They left early in order ............................................... in the traffic.
3. Why didn’t they tell me about these changes earlier? should
→ I ............................................................................. about these changes earlier.
4. He had a very traditional upbringing, didn’t he? traditionally
→ He .............................................................................................., wasn’t he?
5. I would like to express my thanks for everything you have done for me. thankful
→ I’d like to say........................................ am for everything you have done for me.
Part III. When choosing a job, the salary is the most important consideration. To what extent do you agree or disagree? In 160 – 200 words Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.( 30 points)

HELP ME! TỐI NAY MÌNH PHẢI NỘP RỒI!
Các bạn vừa chữa luôn những câu mình làm rồi vs nhé.
Không cần làm part III đâu. Chỉ cần làm Part 1,2 của từng test thôi.
THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

Reactions: npan_184

ahn___w

Học sinh gương mẫu
Thành viên
22 Tháng một 2020
Thanh Hóa
Love Sickgirls ❣️
TEST 1:

5. The direct aim of the statement is to make the public aware of the present situation.

3. As television programmes become more popular, they seem to get worse. (worse)
→The more popular become television programmes, the worse they seem.
→Impressed as we were by the new cinema, we found it rather expensive.
In about 120 – 150 words, write a paragraph about effects of electronic devices in learning.
TEST 2:

4. The only thing that kept us out of prison was the way he spoke the local dialect.
5.It is not worth asking Ms. Hoa to help. There’s no point in asking Ms. Hoa to help.

2. The regiment’s reputation was greatly damaged by his outrageous conduct. ( harm)
They have many things in common.
TEST 3:

4. “If my members agree to that, I’ll be very surprised,” said the union delegate.
→ The union delegate observed that he would be very surprised if his members agreed to that.
Part II. Use the word given in brackets and make any necessary additions to write a new sentence in such a way that it is as similar as possible in meaning to the original sentence. Do NOT change the form of the given word. You must use between three and six words, including the word given. (0) has been done as an example. (10 pts)

1.As long as he could see, Kevin really didn't mind where he sat in the stadium. (difference)
→ As long as he could see, it made no difference to Kevin where he sat in the stadium.
2.Somebody should have told us that the date had been changed. (informed)
3.Jane's family persuaded her to enter the competition. (talked)
4. We never imagined that Julian might be planning to resign from his job. (occurred)
5.Sally was all ready to leave the office when her boss asked her to type up a report (point)
→ Sally was on the point of leaving the office when her boss asked her to type up a report.
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
"The widespread use of the Internet has brought many problems. What do you think are the main problems associated with the use of the web? What solutions can you suggest"?

TEST 4:

→ Vietnamese coffee is
Part II. Use the word given in brackets and make any necessary additions to write a new sentence in such a way that it is as similar as possible in meaning to the original sentence. Do NOT change the form of the given word (10 points)

→ ..................................................................................................................................
5. We missed the beginning of the concert because we had overslept. (CONSEQUENCE)

“Group-work builds up team’s as well as individual spirits and brings members closer together”.
What do you think of that matter? Write an essay of about 250 words to support your points.

TEST 5:

- On her …………………............................................................................................................
- Not only ........................................................................................................................................
- The famous actor ...........................................................................................................................
- The more ......................................................................................................................................

................................................................................................................................................
2.In the next few years, we'll probably hear a lot more about the environmental pollution.
( LIKELY)
...................................................................................................................................................
-.................................................................................................................................................
-..................................................................................................................................................

It is important that children should study hard at school. Time spent playing sports and having fun is time wasted.” Do you agree? Write an essay about 200 words to express your viewpoint.

TEST 6:

- On her ....................................................................................................................................
- Not only........................................................................................................................................
- The famous actor .......................................................................................................................
a The more ....................................................................................................................................

................................................................................................................... .
2.In the next few years, we'll probably hear a lot more about the environmental pollution. ( LIKELY)
...................................................................................................................
-.............................................................................................................................................. .

TEST 7:

Regardless ……………………………………………………………………………………...
The film fell ..................................................................................................................................
Part 2: Rewrite each of the following sentences so that it means exactly the same as the given one. Using the given word in brackets. Do not change the word. (10 points)

1. She got a scholarship as soon as she registered for the training course. (SCARCELY)

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Studying the English language in an English speaking country is the best but not the only way to learn the language”. In about 180- 200 words, write a paragraph to state your point of view.
TEST 8:

If he hadn’t lost his passport yesterday, he wouldn’t be in a lot of trouble now.
Part 2: Rewrite each of the following sentences so that it means exactly the same as the given one. Use the given word in brackets. Do not change the word. (10 points)

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………..

Part 3
It is said that students should be allowed to use electronic devices in class. Do you agree or disagree with that statement? In about 180- 200 words, write a paragraph to express your point of view.
TEST 9:

1. The man was not able to go on an expedition to the Middle East because of his age.
The man was too ___________________________________________
You drove ________________________________________________
As ______________________________________________________
He broke _________________________________________________
There is ___________________________________________________

Part III. In many countries, young people leave rural areas for studying and working in cities. What are the causes and effects of this trend? In 160 – 200 words Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. ( 30 points)

TEST 10:

→ The only thing..................................................................................
→ There has been ...............................................................................
→ This new computer works ..............................................................
→ Her uncle didn’t .............................................................................
→ Not until ....................................................................................................
→ He.........................
-5................................................ the best tennis player of his times.
→ They left early in order ............................................... in the traffic.
→ I ............................................................................. about these changes earlier.
→ He .............................................................................................., wasn’t he?
5. I would like to express my thanks for everything you have done for me. thankful
→ I’d like to say........................................ am for everything you have done for me.
Part III. When choosing a job, the salary is the most important consideration. To what extent do you agree or disagree? In 160 – 200 words Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.( 30 points)

HELP ME! TỐI NAY MÌNH PHẢI NỘP RỒI!
Các bạn vừa chữa luôn những câu mình làm rồi vs nhé.
Không cần làm part III đâu. Chỉ cần làm Part 1,2 của từng test thôi.
THANK YOU VERY MUCH!
TEST 1:

Đúng hết rồi nha ^^

→The more popular become television programmes, the worse they seem. => television programmes become.
→ Impressed as we were by the new cinema, we found it rather expensive.
TEST 2:

5.It is not worth asking Ms. Hoa to help.
There’s no point in asking Ms. Hoa to help.
Đúng hết rồi nha ^^

They have many things in common. => a lot of hobbies and interests.
TEST 3:

Đúng hết rồi nha ^^

1.As long as he could see, Kevin really didn't mind where he sat in the stadium. (difference)
2.Somebody should have told us that the date had been changed. (informed)
3.Jane's family persuaded her to enter the competition. (talked)
4. We never imagined that Julian might be planning to resign from his job. (occurred)
5.Sally was all ready to leave the office when her boss asked her to type up a report (point)
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

TEST 4:

→ Vietnamese coffee is regarded as one of the best in the world.

He objects to anyone else touching his records.
He had a low opinion of the musical show yesterday.
We missed the beginning of the concert as a consequence of oversleeping.

TEST 5:

- On her going to the party, everyone was dancing and singing.
- Not only does Barbara run a successful company but she also manages to look after her five children.
- If I were you, I would spend more time practicing English.
4. Everyone was surprised that the famous actor had very little money when he died.
- The famous actor had very little money when he died which was contrary to everyone's thought.
- The more qualifications you have, the more successful you are in the academic field.

=> The company had no intention to replace this model.
( LIKELY)
=> In the next few years, we'll be likely to hear a lot more about the environmental pollution.
=> Should you happen to be in London, come and see me.
=> No matter how hard Fred tried to start the car, he was unsuccessful.
=> Crimes of passion are as old as the hills.

TEST 6:

- On her going to the party, everyone was dancing and singing.
- Not only does Barbara run a successful company but she also manages to look after her five children.
- If I were you, I would spend more time practicing English.
4. Everyone was surprised that the famous actor had very little money when he died.
- The famous actor had very little money when he died which was contrary to everyone's thought.
- The more qualifications you have, the more successful you are in the academic field.

=> The company had no intention to replace this model.
( LIKELY)
=> In the next few years, we'll be likely to hear a lot more about the environmental pollution.
=> Should you happen to be in London, come and see me.
=> No matter how hard Fred tried to start the car, he was unsuccessful.
=> Crimes of passion are as old as the hills.

TEST 7:

Regardless of whatever problems, we must continue our efforts.
The film fell short of my expectations.

=> Scarcely had she registered for the training course when she got a scholarship.

=> I think you should make allowance for other people’s weakness.

TEST 8:

=> Scientists blame air pollution for destroying forests.

=> Without doubt this new record will be sold a lot of copies.

=> The company has had intention to replace this model.

Part 3
TEST 9:

The man was too old to go on an expedition to the Middle East.
You drove me to distraction with your silly questions.
As soon as you arrive, go to the international ticket desk.
He broke the world record on his second attempt.
There is no instant solution to this problem.

=> The two theories appear to have got nothing in common.

2. Although we were impressed by the new cinema, we found it rather expensive. AS
=> Much as we were impressed by the new cinema, we did find it rather expensive.

3. The accident victim was having increasing difficulty in breathing. DIFFICULT
=> The accident victim was finding it increasingly difficult to breathe.
4. Teams of experts are examining the damage to the building. EXAMINED
=> The damage to the building is being examined by teams of experts.
5. You didn't think carefully enough before you decided. OUGHT
=> You ought to have thought more carefully before you decided.
Part III. In many countries, young people leave rural areas for studying and working in cities. What are the causes and effects of this trend? In 160 – 200 words Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer
. ( 30 points)

TEST 10:

→ The only thing I am interested in is why he did it.
→ There has been a dramatic risen in house prices this year.
→ This new computer works too complicated for me to understand.
→ Her uncle didn’t leave her anything in his will.
→ Not until he came into light did I recognized him.

→ He is said to have been the best tennis player of his times.
→ They left early in order to avoid getting caught in the traffic.
→ I should have been told about these changes earlier.
→ He was traditionally brought up, wasn’t he?
→ I’d like to say how thankful I am for everything you have done for me.

Bạn tham khảo nha ^^

Top Bottom