English THCS Reading

Tannie0903

Cựu Mod Tiếng Anh
Thành viên
8 Tháng mười hai 2021
Nghệ An
View attachment 209156
Mọi người giúp em bài đọc này với ạ ( giúp em về từ vựng và chỉ ra ý cần tìm trong từng câu ạ )
Hoang Anh Tus
Read the following passage and mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the correct
answer to each of the questions from 31 to 35
When you wake up in the morning, do you assume ( cho rằng) that you're going to have a great day or that you're going
to have a difficult day? If you normally have positive expectations, you might consider yourself an optimist( người lạc quan), and if
your expectations are usually negative, you may be a pessimist( người bi quan).
According to research done by the Mayo Clinic, optimism(sự lạc quan/ chủ nghĩa lạc quan) can have a strong positive effect on your health.(35)
Their research shows that optimists may live longer, get colds less often, and be less likely to suffer from
cardiovascular disease( bệnh liên quan đến tim mạch). Optimists may even deal with stress better than pessimists do.
If you think you might be a pessimist and would like to try to be more optimistic, pay attention to what some
call "self-talk." The term "self-talk" refers to( liên quan đến) the automatic thoughts that go through your head all the time. You
know-the ideas, worries, beliefs, and hopes that run through your mind as you're driving, washing dishes, folding
laundry. Are those thoughts negative like, "Everyone knows so much more than I do," or positive like, "I'm
learning a lot at this job"?
If your self-talk is negative, there are some things you can do to steer( chuyển hướng) it in a more positive direction. First,
you can simply stop your negative self-talk. Every time you catch yourself thinking something negative, you can
stop yourself by actually saying. "Stop," out loud. Alternatively, you can revise ( xem xét lại)your self-talk. For example, if you
catch yourself saying, "I'm terrible at giving presentations," revise that to a question like, "How can I improve my
presentation skills?" Another idea is to think of yourself as a friend. When you "hear" a negative sentence(34) go
through your mind, think about whether or not you would feel comfortable saying it to a friend. If the sentence
seems too mean to say to a friend, think about what would sound better.
(Adapted from Select Readings by Linda Lee and Jean Bernard)
Question 31. Which could be the best title for the passage?
A. Are you an optimist or a pessimist?-> chỉ là một phần của đoạn văn
B. Self-talk for health.-> chỉ là một ý nhỏ của đoạn văn
D. Treat yourself better!
C. Thinking negatively: Is it all bad?-> không nhắc đến lợi ích của nó
Question 32. According to paragraph 2, what is NOT a benefit to thinking positively?
B. catch colds less frequently
A. improved life expectancy
C. totally free from stress( -> not totally) D. less chance to contract serious diseases
Question 33. The word "steer" in paragraph 4 is closest in meaning to
A. remove
B. generate
C. turn
D.develop
Question 34. The word "it" in paragraph 4 refers to
D. develop
A. a negative thought
B. an important sentence
D. a stupid question
C. a friend
Question 35. Which of the following is true, according to the passage?
A. Most people tend to engage in negative thoughts rather than positive ones.-> không nhắc tới
B. There is a direct correlation between optimism and health.
C. Presentation skills are not as important as your optimistic thoughts.-> không nhắc tới
D. You can create conscious -> unconscious ( vô thức)thoughts from your head all the time.
Chúc bạn học tốt, nếu thắc mắc gì hãy hỏi thêm nhé!
Bạn có thể ghé thăm topic của mình nhé:
-Ôn thi theo chủ điểm

-Luyện tập phrasal verbs
Đây là một số kiến thức khác bạn có thể tham khảo nhé:
-Tổng hợp kiến thức các môn

Top Bottom