Reading

lengoctutb

Học sinh tiến bộ
Thành viên
28 Tháng hai 2016
[TẶNG BẠN] TRỌN BỘ Bí kíp học tốt 08 môn
Chắc suất Đại học top - Giữ chỗ ngay!!

ĐĂNG BÀI NGAY để cùng trao đổi với các thành viên siêu nhiệt tình & dễ thương trên diễn đàn.

WOMAN: It’s become trendy in the United States to send young kids to immersion-type language camps to learn a second language. Spanish, Chinese, and French camps are some of the more popular ones. In fact, it’s catching on in public schools as well. There are now well over four hundred schools that offer intensive language programs, up from barely any back in the 1970s. As I look for an intensive language program for my own kids, I’m finding important benefits of being bilingual. First, different parts of your brain are being used. Research has shown that the constant use of two languages exercises certain areas of the brain beyond those of monolingual speakers. Of course, other more obvious benefits include being able to communicate with others in their native language, having a global view that is more open to different cultures and ways of life. All of these reasons should encourage us parents to demand more such programs be made available to our children. The supply of intensive language programs is still way below the demand of those requesting it. Now, if your bilingual child wants to continue with a third language, he or she is also at an advantage. Research also shows that bilinguals outperform monolinguals in acquiring a third language, too.

The speaker is talking about intensive language programs in America. The woman feels that intensive language programs $\cdots$
$A$. are designed to help students learn a third language.
$B$. should become more common in the United States.
$C$. help students study in a different country.
$D$. learn about cultures and languages.

Dương Nhạt Nhẽo

Học sinh tiêu biểu
Thành viên
7 Tháng tám 2018
Lào Cai
Trường THPT số 1 Lào Cai
WOMAN: It’s become trendy in the United States to send young kids to immersion-type language camps to learn a second language. Spanish, Chinese, and French camps are some of the more popular ones. In fact, it’s catching on in public schools as well. There are now well over four hundred schools that offer intensive language programs, up from barely any back in the 1970s. As I look for an intensive language program for my own kids, I’m finding important benefits of being bilingual. First, different parts of your brain are being used. Research has shown that the constant use of two languages exercises certain areas of the brain beyond those of monolingual speakers. Of course, other more obvious benefits include being able to communicate with others in their native language, having a global view that is more open to different cultures and ways of life. All of these reasons should encourage us parents to demand more such programs be made available to our children. The supply of intensive language programs is still way below the demand of those requesting it. Now, if your bilingual child wants to continue with a third language, he or she is also at an advantage. Research also shows that bilinguals outperform monolinguals in acquiring a third language, too.

The speaker is talking about intensive language programs in America. The woman feels that intensive language programs $\cdots$
$A$. are designed to help students learn a third language.
$B$. should become more common in the United States.
$C$. help students study in a different country.
$D$. learn about cultures and languages.
$D$. learn about cultures and languages

Reactions: lengoctutb

Ngố Ngây Ngô

Giải Nhất event Thế giới Sinh học 2
Thành viên
24 Tháng bảy 2018
Quảng Nam
THPT
C help students study in a different country. (Of course, other more obvious benefits include being able to communicate with others in their native language, having a global view that is more open to different cultures and ways of life.)

Top Bottom