Reading

lengoctutb

Học sinh tiến bộ
Thành viên
28 Tháng hai 2016
[TẶNG BẠN] TRỌN BỘ Bí kíp học tốt 08 môn
Chắc suất Đại học top - Giữ chỗ ngay!!

ĐĂNG BÀI NGAY để cùng trao đổi với các thành viên siêu nhiệt tình & dễ thương trên diễn đàn.

Police Officer: I’ve been in law enforcement for over thirty years, and I’ve seen a lot of changes. We sure did things differently back when I started out on the force. I guess things were simpler then. We didn’t have things like surveillance cameras and Internet websites to help us track and document criminal activity. We had to rely on our eyes, ears, and good old instincts to catch criminals. We went out and talked to people and made sure we got all the details. We observed crime scenes and made conclusions based on our training. We didn't have to rely on computers for everything. Don’t get me wrong; I’m not complaining. I don’t know what we’d do without the technology we have available to us today. I certainly wouldn’t want to turn back the clock. What I’m concerned about is that because we now have all this technology, a lot of cities feel that it’s okay to cut back on the number of officers. Over the past several years, there have been massive police layoffs all over the country. If these cuts continue, the number of crimes will increase. Effective crime-fighting depends on effective use of technology, and on having enough officers on-duty to make a difference. Virtual eyes and ears are poor substitutes for the real things.

A police officer is talking about his job. What is his opinion of the changes in police work?
$A$. Crime will increase if police continue to use technology.
$B$. Cities should continue to increase the number of officers.
$C$. The police should go back to the old way of doing things.
$D$. Replacing officers with technology will have negative effects.

Lê.T.Hà

Học sinh tiến bộ
Thành viên
25 Tháng một 2019
Bắc Giang
Đã thất học :<
we now have all this technology, a lot of cities feel that it’s okay to cut back on the number of officers
If these cuts continue, the number of crimes will increase.
Effective crime-fighting depends on effective use of technology, and on having enough officers on-duty to make a difference
Đáp án D đúng, theo ý ông này công nghệ là tốt, hỗ trợ rất nhiều cho cảnh sát chống tội phạm, nhưng thay thế hoàn toàn con người bằng công nghệ là sai lầm, vì công nghệ cũng cần đủ người vận hành và quyết định

Reactions: lengoctutb
Top Bottom