Iam_lucky_girl

Học sinh chăm học
Thành viên
13 Tháng một 2019
Bình Phước
THCS TTLN
[TẶNG BẠN] TRỌN BỘ Bí kíp học tốt 08 môn
Chắc suất Đại học top - Giữ chỗ ngay!!

ĐĂNG BÀI NGAY để cùng trao đổi với các thành viên siêu nhiệt tình & dễ thương trên diễn đàn.

Gồm 3 bài reading
1. Read the following letter, then choose the right answers.

Dear Alice,
I was horrifed when I found that my 12-year-old daughter had been arrested for stealing some make-up from a high street chemist’s, this happened because she had been dared by some older children from her school. She was so frightened that she started crying-which is what attracted the attention of the shop assistant. The police were called and she was given a tell-off at the police station.
Since this terrifying experience, she has been too afraid to go out on her own and cries all the time. My husband doesn’t seem to care that much. He says that she shouldn’t have stolen in the first place and was unlucky to be caught. Now it is over she must learn to live eith. But I feel a failure as a parent and am afraid that my child will turn to crime later on in life.
Yours sincerely.
Keane
Questions:
56. Why has Keane written this letter?
A. to describe her daughter B. to prove how naughty her daughter is
C. to explain a problem D. to defend her daughter’s actions
57. Who do you think Alice is?
A. her husband B. her daughter
C. her old friend D. an advice column in a magazine
58. Why did Keane’s daughter steal things?
A. She was frightened by her friends. B. Her schoolmates urged her to do so.
C. She was attracted by the make-up. D. She was wanted to wear make-up.
59. How did Keane’s daughter feel afterwards?
A. She was frightened. B. She was angry.
C. She wanted to turn to crime. D. She felt she was unlucky.
60. What is the husband’s attitude towards this incident?
A. He is cold. B. He is not worried.
C. He is terrified. D. He thinks she should learn to steal.
2. Fill each of the numbered blanks in the following passage. Use only one word in each space.
Most people know the names of the famous detective Sherlock Holmes and his good friend Dr. Watson. But perhaps you don’t(61) ___________these facts about Sherlock Holmes.
The first Sherlock Holmes story(62) ________written by Arthur Conan Doyle in 1886. Conan Doyle was a doctor and he could only(63) ________his books when he wasn’t busy (64) ________ sick people.
In the stories, Holmes and Watson(65) _________at 221 B Banker street. Hundreds of people form all over the(66) ________still write to Holmes at that(67) _________every week asking(68) _______his help. The building is now a bank and (69) ________is a secretary in the Bank(70) ________reads all Sherlock Holmes’letter.

3. Read the text and circle the answer A, B, C or D for each question.
When we were in England last year, I went fishing with my friend, Peter. Early in the morning we were sitting quietly by the side of a lake when we had an unpleasant surprise. We saw a duck come along with three ducklings paddling cheerfully behind her. As we watched them, there was a sudden swirl in the water. We caught a glimpse of the vicious jaws of a pike-a fish which is rather like a freshwater shark-and one of the ducklings was dragged below the surface.
This incident made Peter furious. He vowed to catch the pike. One three successive mornings we returned to the vicinity and used several different kinds of bait. On the third day Peter was lucky. Using an artificial frog as bait, he managed to hook the monster. There was a desperate fight but Peter was determined to capture the pike and he succeeded. When he had got it ashore and killed it, he weighed the fish and found that it scaled nearly thirty pounds-a record for that district.
71. Why do you think Peter was sitting quietly by the lake?
A. He was fishing B. He was waiting for the pike to appear
C. He wasn’t very talkative D. He was waiting the ducks
72. Which word in the third sentence of the passage suggests that the ducklings were unaware of the danger below them?
A. three B. along C. paddling D. cheerfully
73. Where did the writer fish?
A. near the sea B. in the river C. in the lake D. in the pond
74. How many ducklings were eaten by the pike?
A. one B. two C. three D. four
75. How did Peter feel when he saw the incident?
A. happy B. sad C. angry D. excited
76. What were Peter’s plans about the incident?
A. he caught and killed the pike
B. he decided to catch the pike
C. he caught a frog and used it as a bait for the pike
D. he vowed that he would catch the remaining ducklings
77. How much was the pike worth?
A. about thirty pounds B. about two hundred and forty dollars
C. about 25 pounds D. the passage does not provide the answer
78. The most proper title for the passage is___________
A. mysterious disappearance of ducklings B. revenge on a duck
C. an unlucky pike D. record pike caught by an angry fisherman
79. Peter succeeded in catching the fish___________
A. after a hard struggle B. after a short time
C. very easily D. in a few minute
80. When Peter brought the pike up on the shore ___________
A. it was dead B. it was still alive C. it lay unmoved D. he did not kill it

Các bạn giúp mình và đưa ra lời giải thích, Khi nào giáo viên sửa bài, mình sẽ đăng key nhé.

npan_184

Cựu TMod Anh
Thành viên
10 Tháng mười hai 2018
Quảng Ngãi
THCS Phổ Ninh
Gồm 3 bài reading

Dear Alice,
I was horrifed when I found that my 12-year-old daughter had been arrested for stealing some make-up from a high street chemist’s, this happened because she had been dared by some older children from her school. She was so frightened that she started crying-which is what attracted the attention of the shop assistant. The police were called and she was given a tell-off at the police station.
Since this terrifying experience, she has been too afraid to go out on her own and cries all the time. My husband doesn’t seem to care that much. He says that she shouldn’t have stolen in the first place and was unlucky to be caught. Now it is over she must learn to live eith. But I feel a failure as a parent and am afraid that my child will turn to crime later on in life.
Yours sincerely.
Keane
Questions:
2. Fill each of the numbered blanks in the following passage. Use only one word in each space.
Most people know the names of the famous detective Sherlock Holmes and his good friend Dr. Watson. But perhaps you don’t(61) ___________these facts about Sherlock Holmes.
The first Sherlock Holmes story(62) ________written by Arthur Conan Doyle in 1886. Conan Doyle was a doctor and he could only(63) ________his books when he wasn’t busy (64) ________ sick people.
In the stories, Holmes and Watson(65) _________at 221 B Banker street. Hundreds of people form all over the(66) ________still write to Holmes at that(67) _________every week asking(68) _______his help. The building is now a bank and (69) ________is a secretary in the Bank(70) ________reads all Sherlock Holmes’letter.

When we were in England last year, I went fishing with my friend, Peter. Early in the morning we were sitting quietly by the side of a lake when we had an unpleasant surprise. We saw a duck come along with three ducklings paddling cheerfully behind her. As we watched them, there was a sudden swirl in the water. We caught a glimpse of the vicious jaws of a pike-a fish which is rather like a freshwater shark-and one of the ducklings was dragged below the surface.
This incident made Peter furious. He vowed to catch the pike. One three successive mornings we returned to the vicinity and used several different kinds of bait. On the third day Peter was lucky. Using an artificial frog as bait, he managed to hook the monster. There was a desperate fight but Peter was determined to capture the pike and he succeeded. When he had got it ashore and killed it, he weighed the fish and found that it scaled nearly thirty pounds-a record for that district.
72. Which word in the third sentence of the passage suggests that the ducklings were unaware of the danger below them?
A. after a hard struggle B. after a short time
C. very easily D. in a few minute
80. When Peter brought the pike up on the shore ___________
A. it was dead B. it was still alive C. it lay unmoved D. he did not kill it

Các bạn giúp mình và đưa ra lời giải thích, Khi nào giáo viên sửa bài, mình sẽ đăng key nhé.
56. C
57. D
58. B
59. A
60. B
61. know
62. was
63. wrote
64. caring
65. live
66. world
67. address
68. for
69. there
70. who
71. B
72. D
73. C
74. A
75. C
76. A
77. D
78. C
79. A
80. B

Chị/anh tham khảo! Chúc anh/chị học tốt!!

Tzuyu-chan

Học sinh tiến bộ
HV CLB Địa lí
Thành viên
16 Tháng một 2019
Thanh Hóa
THCS Nguyễn Du

Ngố Ngây Ngô

Giải Nhất event Thế giới Sinh học 2
Thành viên
24 Tháng bảy 2018
Quảng Nam
THPT
B. her daughter (I was horrifed when I found that my 12-year-old daughter ....)
ở trên tác giả chào Alice "Dear Alice" tức người nhận thư là Alice kể về vấn đề của con bà Keance nha. Nên mình đồng ý với bạn trên D đúng
A. He was fishing ( Early in the morning we were sitting quietly by the side of a lake when we had an unpleasant surprise. )
câu này mình đồng ý với bạn
câu 76 mình nghĩ là B (This incident made Peter furious. He vowed to catch the pike. ) Câu hỏi chỉ là plan thôi nên mình nghĩ thế
câu này là A nhỉ (he weighed the fish and found that it scaled nearly thirty pounds-)

Reactions: Iam_lucky_girl

Iam_lucky_girl

Học sinh chăm học
Thành viên
13 Tháng một 2019
Bình Phước
THCS TTLN
Em xin đăng đáp án và giải thích ạ
Dear Alice,
Yours sincerely.
Keane
Questions:
Tại sao Keane viết lá thư này? để giải thích một vấn đề (vấn đề ở đây là con gái 12 tuổi của cô bị đình chỉ vì cướp đồ trang điểm)
Dẫn chứng: "this happened because she had been dared by some older children from her school. "
Dẫn chứng: "My husband doesn’t seem to care that much. "

Most people know the names of the famous detective Sherlock Holmes and his good friend Dr. Watson. But perhaps you don’t(61)know these facts about Sherlock Holmes.
The first Sherlock Holmes story(62)was
written by Arthur Conan Doyle in 1886. Conan Doyle was a doctor and he could only(63) write his books when he wasn’t busy (64)with sick people.
In the stories, Holmes and Watson(65)live at 221 B Banker street. Hundreds of people form all over the(66) world still write to Holmes at that(67) address every week asking(68) for his help. The building is now a bank and (69) there is a secretary in the Bank(70) who reads all Sherlock Holmes’letter.

Dẫn chứng: "Early in the morning we were sitting quietly by the side of a lake when we had an unpleasant surprise."
Dẫn chứng: "This incident made Peter furious."

Dẫn chứng: "He vowed to catch the pike."