English THCS Read the passage below and choose the correct word to complete each numbered blank.

thuw21

Học sinh mới
Thành viên
22 Tháng tám 2021
Hải Phòng
THCS Chu Văn An
[TẶNG BẠN] TRỌN BỘ Bí kíp học tốt 08 môn
Chắc suất Đại học top - Giữ chỗ ngay!!

ĐĂNG BÀI NGAY để cùng trao đổi với các thành viên siêu nhiệt tình & dễ thương trên diễn đàn.

DO MEN REALLY MAKE THE BEST CHEFS?
Are men better cooks because they are more passionate and (1) ___ cooking more seriously? Or are women better because they have a natural love for food and don't show off? Maybe it has (2) ___ to do with technical ability - women may be more instinctive, have a better (3) ___ of smell and a greater understanding of food. So it's possible that gender doesn't come into it; it is simply a matter of individual talent. (4) ___, there is certainly a difference when it comes to (5) ___ cooking a career. Restaurant kitchens are a man's world, because men can carry heavy pans, work longer hours and create morebusiness. Yet, (6) ___ the fact that the work is physical and demanding, women are calmer in the kitchen. It goes without (7) ___ that women are capable of becoming top chefs but that's not enough. Although more women are now (8) ___, they seem to have a different attitude towards cooking as a career. Women cook to show they care about
others. As one said, “(9) ___, I'd love to have my own restaurant and get a book published, but I'd (10) ___ teach people to be good home cooks. I'm very traditional - I know it's controversial but I believe a woman's place is at home.”
A. take
B. hold
C. think
D. have
A. nothing
B. something
C. anything
D. none
A. instinct
B. feeling
C. sense
D. touch
A. Moreover
B. In addition
C. Also
D. However
A. wanting
B. planning
C. making
D. doing
A. in spite
B. though
C. despite
D. whether
A. telling
B. saying
C. claiming
D. speaking
A. breaking through
B. breaking up
C. breaking off
D. breaking into
A. Conversely
B. Fortunately
C. Naturally
D. Hopefully
A. prefer
B. better
C. rather
D. fairly

Tam Cửu

Học sinh tiến bộ
Thành viên
29 Tháng mười một 2017
Hải Dương
Đại học
DO MEN REALLY MAKE THE BEST CHEFS?
Are men better cooks because they are more passionate and (1) ___ cooking more seriously? Or are women better because they have a natural love for food and don't show off? Maybe it has (2) ___ to do with technical ability - women may be more instinctive, have a better (3) ___ of smell and a greater understanding of food. So it's possible that gender doesn't come into it; it is simply a matter of individual talent. (4) ___, there is certainly a difference when it comes to (5) ___ cooking a career. Restaurant kitchens are a man's world, because men can carry heavy pans, work longer hours and create morebusiness. Yet, (6) ___ the fact that the work is physical and demanding, women are calmer in the kitchen. It goes without (7) ___ that women are capable of becoming top chefs but that's not enough. Although more women are now (8) ___, they seem to have a different attitude towards cooking as a career. Women cook to show they care about
others. As one said, “(9) ___, I'd love to have my own restaurant and get a book published, but I'd (10) ___ teach people to be good home cooks. I'm very traditional - I know it's controversial but I believe a woman's place is at home.”
A. take
B. hold
C. think
D. have
A. nothing
B. something
C. anything
D. none
A. instinct
B. feeling
C. sense
D. touch
A. Moreover
B. In addition
C. Also
D. However
A. wanting
B. planning
C. making
D. doing
A. in spite
B. though
C. despite
D. whether
A. telling
B. saying
C. claiming
D. speaking
A. breaking through
B. breaking up
C. breaking off
D. breaking into
A. Conversely
B. Fortunately
C. Naturally
D. Hopefully
A. prefer
B. better
C. rather
D. fairly
1C. think
2B. something
3.c sense of smell Khứu Giác
4.D. However
5.D. doing
6.C. despite
7.B. saying
8.d
Break through” là: vượt qua, chọc thủng một điều gì đó.
Break up là:Đập vụn, đập nát
break off Phá, đập vỡ một phần Cắt đứt quan hệ, tuyệt giao
break into Bắt đầu làm gì Được chấp nhận làm gì
9.C. Naturally
10.C. rather
có gì sai em thông cảm

Reactions: thuw21
Top Bottom