Ngoại ngữ ngữ pháp

tuấn noble

Học sinh
Thành viên
10 Tháng bảy 2017
Hà Tĩnh
[TẶNG BẠN] TRỌN BỘ Bí kíp học tốt 08 môn
Chắc suất Đại học top - Giữ chỗ ngay!!

ĐĂNG BÀI NGAY để cùng trao đổi với các thành viên siêu nhiệt tình & dễ thương trên diễn đàn.

8 Make one sentence from each group of sentences, beginning as shown.

1 I got on a train. I wanted to go to a station. The train didn’t stop there.

The train I..got on didn't stop at the station I wanted to go to......................

2 I read a book. You recommended a book to me. This was the book.

The book I........................................................................................................................

3 The ship hit an iceberg and sank. Warning messages had been sent to it. The ship ignored these.

The ship,............................................................................................................................

4 The postman realized I was on holiday. You had sent me a parcel. The postman left it next door.

The postman,....................................................................................................................

5 I used to own a dog. People came to the door. The dog never barked at them. The dog I...........................................................................................................................

6 I bought my bike from a woman. She lives in a house. You can see the house over there.

The woman I....................................................................................................................

7 We went to a beach on the first day of our holiday. It was covered in seaweed. This smelled a lot.

The beach we...................................................................................................................

8 My neighbours have three small children. The children make a lot of noise.

My neighbours never apologize.

My neighbours,................................................................................................................

9 I bought a new computer. It cost me a lot of money.

The new.............................................................................................................................

9 These sentences are all grammatically possible, but not appropriate in speech. Rewrite each sentence so that it ends with the preposition in italics.

1 Margaret is the girl with whom I went on holiday.

...Margaret is the girl I went on holiday..........................

2 The golf club is the only club of which I am a member.

3 That’s the girl about whom we were talking.

4 It was a wonderful present, for which I was extremely grateful.

5 This is the school to which I used to go.

6 Is this the case in which we should put the wine glasses?

7 Can you move the chair on which you are sitting?

8 That’s the shop from which I got my shoes.

9 Is that the person next to whom you usually sit?

10 This is Bill, about whom you have heard so much.

tuananh982

Á quân kiên cường WC 2018
Thành viên
5 Tháng tư 2017
Quảng Trị
THPT

The train I..got on didn't stop at the station I wanted to go to......................

The book I........................................................................................................................

3 The ship hit an iceberg and sank. Warning messages had been sent to it. The ship ignored these.

The ship,............................................................................................................................

4 The postman realized I was on holiday. You had sent me a parcel. The postman left it next door.

The postman,....................................................................................................................

5 I used to own a dog. People came to the door. The dog never barked at them. The dog I...........................................................................................................................

6 I bought my bike from a woman. She lives in a house. You can see the house over there.

The woman I....................................................................................................................

7 We went to a beach on the first day of our holiday. It was covered in seaweed. This smelled a lot.

The beach we...................................................................................................................

My neighbours,................................................................................................................

The new.............................................................................................................................

2. The book I read was the one you recommended to me.
3. The ship, which had ignored the warning messages sent to it, hit an iceberg and sank.
4. The postman, who realized I was on holiday, left the parcel you had sent me next door.
5. The dog I used to own never barked at people who came to the door.
6. The woman I bought my bike from lives in the house you can see over there.
7. The beach we went to on the first day of our holiday was covered in seaweed which smelled a lot.
8. My neighbours, whose three small children make a lot of noise, never apologize.
9. The new computer I bought cost me a lot of money.

9 These sentences are all grammatically possible, but not appropriate in speech. Rewrite each sentence so that it ends with the preposition in italics.

2. The golf club is the only club I am a member of.
3. That's the girl we were talking about.
4. It was a wonderful present, which I was extremely grateful for.
5. This is the school I used to go to.
6. Is this the case we should put the wine glasses in?
7 Can you move the chair you are sitting on?
8. That's the shop I got my shoes from.
9. Is that the person you usually sit next to?
10. This is Bill, who you've heard so much about.

Reactions: tuấn noble

vuhoangnam2001

Cây bút được yêu thích nhất 2017
Thành viên
13 Tháng một 2014
Phú Thọ

The book I read was the one you recommended to me.

The ship, which had ignored the warning messages sent to it, hit an iceberg and sank.

The postman, who realized I was on holiday, left the parcel you had sent me next door.

5 I used to own a dog. People came to the door. The dog never barked at them.
The dog I used to own never barked at people who came to the door.

The woman I bought my bike from lives in the house you can see over there.

The beach we went to on the first day of our holiday was covered in seaweed which smelled a lot.

My neighbours, whose three small children make a lot of noise, never apologize.

The new computer I bought cost me a lot of money.

The golf club is the only club I am a member of.

That's the girl we were talking about.

It was a wonderful present, which I was extremely grateful for.

This is the school I used to go to.

Is this the case we should put the wine glasses in?

Can you move the chair you are sitting on?

That's the shop I got my shoes from.

Is that the person you usually sit next to?

This is Bill, who you've heard so much about.

Top Bottom