English THCS Multiple choice

Học sinh chăm học
Thành viên
20 Tháng mười hai 2020
[TẶNG BẠN] TRỌN BỘ Bí kíp học tốt 08 môn
Chắc suất Đại học top - Giữ chỗ ngay!!

ĐĂNG BÀI NGAY để cùng trao đổi với các thành viên siêu nhiệt tình & dễ thương trên diễn đàn.

1. She eventually married her Maths teacher, but she swears she never met him by _________
A. sight B. means C. profession D. design
2. Sales of the new car have _____ in the last two months
A. got over B. passed by C. taken off D. brushed up
3. Money is a small but often effective weapon to keep life's hardships and tragedies _________
A. at length B. out of the way C. out of reachh D. at bay
4. The process of writing a memoir forced me to revisit painful memories, to _____ old wounds I had covered up for years
A. rekindle B. revive C. reopen D. recall
5. After the terrorist attack in New York, the _____ of "you're either with us or you're against us" becomes dominant
A. thinking B. mentality C. temperament D. temper
6. Ms Joyce has spent much of her career as a psychiatrist ______ patients with life-threatening medical conditions to accept psychiatric care
A. instructing B. consulting C. counselling D. directing
7. The old doctor said he had lost _____ of the number of patients he had saved in his life.
A. count B. sight C. memory D. file
8. Some critics have argued that he is too ______ for the past and has too much reverence for it.
A. yearning B. sentimental C. longing D. nostalgic
9. After winning American Idol in 2000, this farmwoman continued to ____ to success in the next two decades
A. sing her voice B. sing her lips C. sing her fame D. sing her way
10. Contrary to current trends, sometimes you do need to ______ your feelings, especially when planning your actions
A. compress B. depress C. oppress D. repress
11. The girl _____ away the dead leaves to reveal the tiny shoot of a new plant
A. scratched B. scraped C. grated D. clawed
12. After his mother's death, he found _______ in the Buddhist rituals of mourning
A. sympathy B. solace C. relief D. condolence
13. Dana White, a communications director at a technology nonprofit in California, saw her social ______ shrink to a precious few during the pandemic
A. webs B. assemblies C. meetings D. circles
14. These ruthless killers are not beasts, and therefore are not completely ____ of emotions or morals
A. devoid B. destitute C. desperate D. incapacitated
15. The concern for human dignity is given vivid ____ in the Christian teachings about how to perform charity work
A. personification B. expression C. voice D. example
16. Today, in an area of roughly 3 square miles, Little Saigon is _____ more than 4,000 Vietnamese American businesses and 200 restaurants
A. shelter to B. residence of C. home to D. headquarters of
17. He was considered a true _____ to a tradition capable of transforming challenges into opportunities for growth
A. legacy B. heir C. hero D. inheritor
18. If I have money to spare, I can be extravagant, but when, as is usually the case, I am hard up, then I am _____
A. the meanest man imaginable B. the man meanest imaginable C. the most imaginable mean man D. the meanest imaginable man
19. After the military attack in 2003, the country went through a long period of political instability, which is likely to last for years
A. to come B. in coming C. coming D. that will come
20. Thanks to the pandemic, she has come to _____ the intimate friendships that blossomed the past year, including with the neighbor who sang with her on her stoop every night at 7 p.m.
A. savor B. solace C. relief D. condolence
21. War can destroy families and leave survivors permanently ______
A. scarred B. to be scaring C. scarring D. to be scarred

S I M O

Cựu Phụ trách nhóm Anh
Thành viên
19 Tháng tư 2017
Nam Định
Trái tim của Riky-Kun
1. She eventually married her Maths teacher, but she swears she never met him by _________
3. Money is a small but often effective weapon to keep life's hardships and tragedies _________
4. The process of writing a memoir forced me to revisit painful memories, to _____ old wounds I had covered up for years
5. After the terrorist attack in New York, the _____ of "you're either with us or you're against us" becomes dominant
6. Ms Joyce has spent much of her career as a psychiatrist ______ patients with life-threatening medical conditions to accept psychiatric care
7. The old doctor said he had lost _____ of the number of patients he had saved in his life.
8. Some critics have argued that he is too ______ for the past and has too much reverence for it.
9. After winning American Idol in 2000, this farmwoman continued to ____ to success in the next two decades
10. Contrary to current trends, sometimes you do need to ______ your feelings, especially when planning your actions
12. After his mother's death, he found _______ in the Buddhist rituals of mourning
13. Dana White, a communications director at a technology nonprofit in California, saw her social ______ shrink to a precious few during the pandemic
14. These ruthless killers are not beasts, and therefore are not completely ____ of emotions or morals
15. The concern for human dignity is given vivid ____ in the Christian teachings about how to perform charity work
16. Today, in an area of roughly 3 square miles, Little Saigon is _____ more than 4,000 Vietnamese American businesses and 200 restaurants
17. He was considered a true _____ to a tradition capable of transforming challenges into opportunities for growth
18. If I have money to spare, I can be extravagant, but when, as is usually the case, I am hard up, then I am _____
A. the meanest man imaginable B. the man meanest imaginable C. the most imaginable mean man D. the meanest imaginable man
19. After the military attack in 2003, the country went through a long period of political instability, which is likely to last for years
20. Thanks to the pandemic, she has come to _____ the intimate friendships that blossomed the past year, including with the neighbor who sang with her on her stoop every night at 7 p.m.
0972162987Bạn tham khảo ha
by design = theo kế hoạch

A. got over
- vượt qua
- tìm được hướng giải quyết

B. passed by
- không chú ý tới
- ngang qua

C. taken off
- remove
- cất cánh
- rời đi bất ngờ
- tự dưng thành công/ nổi tiếng nhanh chóng

D. brushed up = cải thiện trình độ, kiến thức (về cái gì đó đã học nhưng mà quên)

keep at bay = ngăn cản cái gì tiếp cận tới, gây ra ảnh hưởng

A. rekindle = tái hiện cảm gíac trong quá khứ B. revive = trở về như xưa C. reopen D. recall = nhớ lại

Mình phân vân giữa thinking và mentality. Thinking thiên về opinion còn mentality thiên về mindset

lost count of = không thể nhớ số lượng tổng

8. Some critics have argued that he is too ______ for the past and has too much reverence= deep respect for sth for it.
A. yearning for = ao ước, khát khao B. sentimental C. longing for = yearning for D. nostalgic = hoài niệm, hoài cổ

A. sing her voice B. sing her lips C. sing her fame D. sing her way to success => tìm thấy nhiều văn bản sử dụng cụm này

A. compress = nén (giảm dung lượng) B. depress = giảm lượng C. oppress D. repress = kìm nén (cảm xúc)

Đọc thêm Phrasal verbs tại Luyện tập Phrasal verbs

Last edited:
Reactions: 0972162987

Hien Dang

Cựu Mod tiếng Anh
Thành viên
2 Tháng chín 2021
Nam Định
NEU
claw away: bỏ cái gì đi bằng tay
scrape away: loại bỏ cái gì khỏi một bề mặt bằng cách dùng một dụng cụ sắc

find solace in: tìm thấy sự an ủi
social circle: một nhóm những người có liên quan về mặt xã hội đến nhau

devoid of: thiếu cái gì
give expression: make known
be home to sth: để chỉ vị trí của những thứ đó
a heir to sth: người thừa kế cái gì
for years to come: để nhấn mạnh nó sẽ tiếp tục trong thời gian dài nữa
savor: enjoy completely
leave sb + adj: để lại người nào đó trong tình trạng như thế nào

Chúc bạn học tốt!
Tham khảo topic Từ vựng nâng cao để trau dồi vốn từ vựng nhé!

Reactions: 0972162987
Top Bottom