English THPT Modal verbs

AeRa4869

Học sinh
Thành viên
11 Tháng hai 2022
Hà Nội
[TẶNG BẠN] TRỌN BỘ Bí kíp học tốt 08 môn
Chắc suất Đại học top - Giữ chỗ ngay!!

ĐĂNG BÀI NGAY để cùng trao đổi với các thành viên siêu nhiệt tình & dễ thương trên diễn đàn.

Determine the most appropriate modal verb for each request in order of politeness:
a) Could, you possibly...b) Will you...c) Would you...
d) Can you...e) Could you...
1. The air-conditioner won’t work.
“Oh, excuse me. ... send an electrician to our room? The air-conditioner isn’t working. There must be something wrong with it.”
2. It wasn’t possible to open the window.
“I’m afraid it’s me again. ... help us to open the window. It must be stuck.
3. The shower flooded the whole bathroom.
“Look, our bathroom is full of water – the shower can’t have been properly installed. ... send a plumber up as soon as possible?”
4. There was a lot of noise from below in the middle of the night.
“Look here, we can’t sleep because of the noise coming from the room below ours. ... tell them to stop it at once? They must be having a party.”
5. Next morning, Mona found a half-eaten sandwich in a drawer.
“Look here, what kind of a hotel is this? Our room can’t have been cleaned before we arrived. ... send someone up to clean it straightaway!”
Mong các bạn điền và giải thích vì sao giúp mình ạ. Mình cảm ơn các bạn rất nhiều ạ.
@Tannie0903 @Nguyễn Thị Ngọc Bảo @Hien Dang

Last edited:

Nguyễn Thị Ngọc Bảo

Cựu TMod tiếng Anh | CN CLB Địa Lí
Thành viên
28 Tháng tám 2017
Nghệ An
Nghệ An
๖ۣۜɮօռìǟƈɛ❦
Determine the most appropriate modal verb for each request in order of politeness:
a) Could, you possibly...b) Will you...c) Would you...
d) Can you...e) Could you...
“Oh, excuse me. ... send an electrician to our room? The air-conditioner isn’t working. There must be something wrong with it.”
“I’m afraid it’s me again. ... help us to open the window. It must be stuck.
“Look, our bathroom is full of water – the shower can’t have been properly installed. ... send a plumber up as soon as possible?”
“Look here, we can’t sleep because of the noise coming from the room below ours. ... tell them to stop it at once? They must be having a party.”
“Look here, what kind of a hotel is this? Our room can’t have been cleaned before we arrived. ... send someone up to clean it straightaway!”
Mong các bạn điền và giải thích vì sao giúp mình ạ. Mình cảm ơn các bạn rất nhiều ạ.
@Tannie0903 @Nguyễn Thị Ngọc Bảo @Hien Dang
AeRa4869
Bạn tham khảo bài làm nha. Bạn có thể ghé Nâng cao kĩ năng giao tiếp trong Tiếng Anh.
“Oh, excuse me. Would you send an electrician to our room? The air-conditioner isn’t working. There must be something wrong with it.”
Would you => cách hỏi lịch sự xem ai đó có sẵn sàng giúp đỡ từ đầu ko, nếu họ bận thì có thể không nhờ đến.
“I’m afraid it’s me again. Will you help us to open the window. It must be stuck.
“Look, our bathroom is full of water – the shower can’t have been properly installed. Could you send a plumber up as soon as possible?”
“Look here, we can’t sleep because of the noise coming from the room below ours. Can you tell them to stop it at once? They must be having a party.”
“Look here, what kind of a hotel is this? Our room can’t have been cleaned before we arrived. Could you possibly send someone up to clean it straightaway!”
Coud you possibly => Lịch sự + Diễn tả một cách mãnh liệt hơn
Will you => tình huống có vẻ thân thiện
Could/can you ..... as soon as possible? => Lịch sự + yêu cầu ai đó làm việc gì đó ngay lập tức.
Can/could you tell ...: Bạn có thể nói với ai đó
Chúc bạn học tốt!

• Love
Reactions: AeRa4869
Top Bottom