English THPT Indicate the the sentence that is correct and closest in meaning:

Uyên Phan731

Học sinh
Thành viên
16 Tháng chín 2021
[TẶNG BẠN] TRỌN BỘ Bí kíp học tốt 08 môn
Chắc suất Đại học top - Giữ chỗ ngay!!

ĐĂNG BÀI NGAY để cùng trao đổi với các thành viên siêu nhiệt tình & dễ thương trên diễn đàn.

Indicate the the sentence that is correct and closest in meaning:

1. Coming second didn’t make her feel any better because she only wanted to win.
A. Should she come second, she will be very disappointed because she always wants to win.
B. She feared that she’d come second due to her not feeling very well. C. Although she only wanted to win, she came second.
D. Coming second was of no consolation because winning was all that mattered to her.
2. Tim tried to be like one of his heroes when he was a young musician.
A. Tim used to be hailed as a hero when he was a young musician. B. Tim was just as good as his heroes in terms of musical talent.
C. It was Tim’s heroes that advised him to study music when he was young.
D. As a young musician Tim modeled himself on one of his heroes.
3. You were not supposed to tell anyone about my news.
A. Supposing you tell anyone about my news, I’ll be very annoyed. B. If I were you, I’d not tell anyone about the news.
C. I’d rather you had kept my news secret instead of telling everyone. D. Tell anyone about my news and you will regret it.
4. Patrick is going to lose his job if he insists on arriving late to work.
A. Because of his lateness, Patrick is going to lose his job. B. If Patrick keeps on turning up late to work, he’s going to lose his job.
C. Patrick’s late arrival has resulted in him losing his job. D. Patrick is bound to lose his job due to his arriving late to work.
5. Don’t bother to read that book. A. What a boring book it is ! B. You mustn’t read that book.
C. That book doesn’t bother me. D. It isn’t worth your reading that book.
6. My boss doesn’t mind what time I start of finish work. A. My boss does not tell me what time I should start or finish work.
B. My boss and I are of one mind about what time I start or finish work.
C. I do not tell my boss what time I start or finish work as he has a lot on his mind.
D. It makes no difference to my boss what time I start or finish work.
7. It won’t be easy for anyone to take over John’s job when he retires.
A. When John retires, he will assign his job to someone who is easy to work with.
B. John’s job is so hard that no one wants to take it over when he retires.
C. No one will have the opportunity to get John’s job when he retires.
D. When John retires, it will be difficult for anyone to step into his shoes.
8. The idea of flexi-time seemed to be popular with our senior manager.
A. Our senior manager seemed in favor of the idea of flexi-time. B. The idea of flexi-time was dismissed by our senior manager.
C. Our senior manager took exception to the idea of flexi-time. D. The idea of flexi-time was alien to our senior manager.
9. The workers were offered a three per cent pay increase but they didn’t accept it.
A. Nothing but a three per cent pay rise would satisfy the workers. B.The workers turned down the offer of a three per cent pay rise.
C. A three per cent pay increase was the absolute maximum the workers were offered.
D. The workers were definite that they would be offered a three per cent pay increase.
10. Bill reckoned that his success was due to incredible luck.
A. Bill was incredibly lucky and successful. B. Thanks to incredible luck, Bill was successful.
C. Bill put his success down to incredible luck. D. Incredible luck contributed a great deal to Bill’s success.

Hien Dang

Cựu Mod tiếng Anh
Thành viên
2 Tháng chín 2021
Nam Định
NEU
1. Coming second didn’t make her feel any better because she only wanted to win.
A. Should she come second, she will be very disappointed because she always wants to win.
B. She feared that she’d come second due to her not feeling very well. C. Although she only wanted to win, she came second.
D. Coming second was of no consolation because winning was all that mattered to her.
2. Tim tried to be like one of his heroes when he was a young musician.
A. Tim used to be hailed as a hero when he was a young musician. B. Tim was just as good as his heroes in terms of musical talent.
C. It was Tim’s heroes that advised him to study music when he was young.
D. As a young musician Tim modeled himself on one of his heroes.
3. You were not supposed to tell anyone about my news.
A. Supposing you tell anyone about my news, I’ll be very annoyed. B. If I were you, I’d not tell anyone about the news.
C. I’d rather you had kept my news secret instead of telling everyone. D. Tell anyone about my news and you will regret it.
4. Patrick is going to lose his job if he insists on arriving late to work.
A. Because of his lateness, Patrick is going to lose his job. B. If Patrick keeps on turning up late to work, he’s going to lose his job.
C. Patrick’s late arrival has resulted in him losing his job. D. Patrick is bound to lose his job due to his arriving late to work.
5. Don’t bother to read that book. A. What a boring book it is ! B. You mustn’t read that book.
C. That book doesn’t bother me. D. It isn’t worth your reading that book.
6. My boss doesn’t mind what time I start of finish work. A. My boss does not tell me what time I should start or finish work.
B. My boss and I are of one mind about what time I start or finish work.
C. I do not tell my boss what time I start or finish work as he has a lot on his mind.
D. It makes no difference to my boss what time I start or finish work.
7. It won’t be easy for anyone to take over John’s job when he retires.
A. When John retires, he will assign his job to someone who is easy to work with.
B. John’s job is so hard that no one wants to take it over when he retires.
C. No one will have the opportunity to get John’s job when he retires.
D. When John retires, it will be difficult for anyone to step into his shoes.
8. The idea of flexi-time seemed to be popular with our senior manager.
A. Our senior manager seemed in favor of the idea of flexi-time. B. The idea of flexi-time was dismissed by our senior manager.
C. Our senior manager took exception to the idea of flexi-time. D. The idea of flexi-time was alien to our senior manager.
9. The workers were offered a three per cent pay increase but they didn’t accept it.
A. Nothing but a three per cent pay rise would satisfy the workers. B.The workers turned down the offer of a three per cent pay rise.
C. A three per cent pay increase was the absolute maximum the workers were offered.
D. The workers were definite that they would be offered a three per cent pay increase.
10. Bill reckoned that his success was due to incredible luck.
A. Bill was incredibly lucky and successful. B. Thanks to incredible luck, Bill was successful.
C. Bill put his success down to incredible luck. D. Incredible luck contributed a great deal to Bill’s success.
  • of no consolation: không làm ai cảm thấy tốt hơn
  • matter to sb: quan trọng với ai
  • model oneself on: lấy hình mẫu từ ai
  • worth doing sth: đáng để làm gì
  • to be in favor of: thích
  • turn down: từ chối
  • put sth down to sth: cho rằng cái gì là kết quả của cái gì
Chúc bạn học tốt!

Reactions: Uyên Phan731
Top Bottom