English THCS Find the mistake and correct it

Minh Tín

Học sinh tiến bộ
Thành viên
22 Tháng mười 2017
[TẶNG BẠN] TRỌN BỘ Bí kíp học tốt 08 môn
Chắc suất Đại học top - Giữ chỗ ngay!!

ĐĂNG BÀI NGAY để cùng trao đổi với các thành viên siêu nhiệt tình & dễ thương trên diễn đàn.

There is a mistake in each sentence below. Find and correct it.
1. One by one, the street lights went on, leaving us in total darkness.
2. The letter was returned to the sender with the words 'Gone over, no longer at this address' written on it.
3. ‘I thought you liked Country and Western music' 'Well, I used to, but I've really gone for it lately.'
4. There's an awful flu virus going up. I hope you don't catch it.
5. What a fascinating story. Do go away!
6. Mark was sure that he had picked up his key, but when he went outside his pockets, he couldn't find it anywhere.
7. I don't think that red blouse really goes for your orange miniskirt, Sophie.
8. 'Did you know that camels can go under water for thirty days?' 'They must get very thirsty!'
9. What a lot of people! Do you think there will be enough food to go without?
10. This is a very complex computer program. You might need to go by the instructions again before you get the hang of it.

Last edited:

npan_184

Cựu TMod Anh
Thành viên
10 Tháng mười hai 2018
Quảng Ngãi
THCS Phổ Ninh
There is a mistake in each sentence below. Find and correct it.
1. One by one, the street lights went on, leaving us in total darkness.
2. The letter was returned to the sender with the words 'Gone over, no longer at this address' written on it.
3. ‘I thought you liked Country and Western music' 'Well, I used to, but I've really gone for it lately.'
4. There's an awful flu virus going up. I hope you don't catch it.
5. What a fascinating story. Do go away!
6. Mark was sure that he had picked up his key, but when he went outside his pockets, he couldn't find it anywhere.
7. I don't think that red blouse really goes for your orange miniskirt, Sophie.
8. 'Did you know that camels can go under water for thirty days?' 'They must get very thirsty!'
9. What a lot of people! Do you think there will be enough food to go without?
10. This is a very complex computer program. You might need to go by the instructions again before you get the hang of it.
1.leaving-left
2.Gone-went
3.Gone-Have gone
4.up-to
5.Do-Let's
6.sure-sured
7.for-with
8.Did-Do
9.go-eat
10.get-have gotten
Chị/anh tham khảo. Chúc anh/chị học tốt!

Reactions: ~ Su Nấm ~

jehinguyen

Cựu TMod Tiếng Anh
Thành viên
9 Tháng năm 2019
Hà Tĩnh
THCS Xuân Diệu
Bạn tham khảo nhé:
1. One by one, the street lights went on, leaving us in total darkness. => off ( dựa theo ngữ nghĩa thì đèn tắt => không gian tối )
2. The letter was returned to the sender with the words 'Gone over, no longer at this address' written on it. => away (go away: rời đi)
3. ‘I thought you liked Country and Western music' 'Well, I used to, but I've really gone for it lately.' => off (go off sth: mất hứng thú với ..)
4. There's an awful flu virus going up. I hope you don't catch it. => around/ round (go (a)round: hoành hành)
5. What a fascinating story. Do go away! => on (go on: tiếp tục. Ở trong câu ý bảo là tiếp tục kể chuyện đi)
6. Mark was sure that he had picked up his key, but when he went outside his pockets, he couldn't find it anywhere. => through (go through sth: kiểm tra)
7. I don't think that red blouse really goes for your orange miniskirt, Sophie. => with (go with sth : hợp với cái gì)
8. 'Did you know that camels can go under water for thirty days?' 'They must get very thirsty!' => without (dựa theo ngữ nghĩa)
9. What a lot of people! Do you think there will be enough food to go without? => around/ round (go around/ round: phân phát, chia phần)
10. This is a very complex computer program. You might need to go by the instructions again before you get the hang of it. => through (go through: đọc lại kĩ )
Chúc bạn học tốt ^^

Top Bottom