Zelly Nguyễn

Học sinh chăm học
Thành viên
26 Tháng tám 2021
Hưng Yên
THCS Nam Hồng
[TẶNG BẠN] TRỌN BỘ Bí kíp học tốt 08 môn
Chắc suất Đại học top - Giữ chỗ ngay!!

ĐĂNG BÀI NGAY để cùng trao đổi với các thành viên siêu nhiệt tình & dễ thương trên diễn đàn.

Put in the to- infinitive or the -ing form of the verbs in brackets.
I used to like going to our local cinema. It was old, and rather uncomfortable, but it had character. Now they've stopped showing films there. The owner would like to go on __________ (1. run) the cinema, but he would need __________ (2. make) a lot of improvements, which would mean __________ (3. spend) tens of thousands of pounds. I remember __________ (4. watch) the last film at the cinema. It was a murder mystery. It was five minutes from the end, and we were trying __________ (5. work) out who the murder was when suddenly all the lights went out and the film stopped. We sat in the dark for a few minutes, and then the owner appeared with a torch. 'I regret __________ (6. tell) you, ' he said, 'that our electricity has failed. I don't mean __________ (7. disappoint) you, but I'm afraid we can't show you the end of the film. We've tried __________ (8. phone) the electricity company, but they say they can't help.' He went on __________ (9. explain) to the audience how the film ended. I didn't understand the story. But I don't regret __________ (10. go) to the cinema that evening.

Last edited:
Reactions: LiLiya

LiLiya

Học sinh
Thành viên
3 Tháng mười một 2021
Hà Nội
I used to like going to our local cinema. It was old, and rather uncomfortable, but it had character. Now they've stopped showing films there. The owner would like to go on __running__ (1. run) the cinema, but he would need __to make__ (2. make) a lot of improvements, which would mean __spending__ (3. spend) tens of thousands of pounds. I remember __watching__ (4. watch) the last film at the cinema. It was a murder mystery. It was five minutes from the end, and we were trying __to work__ (5. work) out who the murder was when suddenly all the lights went out and the film stopped. We sat in the dark for a few minutes, and then the owner appeared with a torch. 'I regret __to tell__ (6. tell) you, ' he said, 'that our electricity has failed. I don't mean __to disappoint__ (7. disappoint) you, but I'm afraid we can't show you the end of the film. We've tried __phoning__ (8. phone) the electricity company, but they say they can't help.' He went on __to explain__ (9. explain) to the audience how the film ended. I didn't understand the story. But I don't regret __going__ (10. go) to the cinema that evening.
Chúc bn học tốt!

Nguyễn Hoàng Vân Anh

Học sinh tiến bộ
Thành viên
20 Tháng tám 2021
Long An
Trường THCS Đông Thành
Đáp án bạn @dieuanhpham09 là đúng ròi. Tuy nhiên mình muốn giải thích thêm vì sao cần điền từ đó nhé;).
(1) Go on + V-ing : Chỉ sự liên tục của hành động, tiếp tục làm việc đang làm
(2) Need + to V: cần làm gì
(3) Mean có nghĩa là gì thì sau mean động từ phải chia dưới dạng V-ing hoặc một mệnh đề, một danh từ.
(4) remember + V_ing: nhớ đã làm gì (trong quá khứ)
(5) try + to V: cố gắng
(6) regret + to V: tiếc vì một tình huống không may nào đó
(7) Mean mang ý nghĩa dự định, mong muốn làm gì thì mean cần to V-inf
(8) try + V-ing: thử làm cái gì
(9) Go on + to V: làm tiếp một việc khác sau khi hoàn tất một việc gì đó
(10) Regret V-ing dùng để nói ta hối tiếc vì đã làm một việc gì đó.

Chúc bạn học tốt!~:rongcon28

Top Bottom