Bạch Tử Phong

Học sinh
Thành viên
18 Tháng mười 2020
Hà Nam
THPT CHUYÊN BIÊN HÒA và TRẦN PHÚ
[TẶNG BẠN] TRỌN BỘ Bí kíp học tốt 08 môn
Chắc suất Đại học top - Giữ chỗ ngay!!

ĐĂNG BÀI NGAY để cùng trao đổi với các thành viên siêu nhiệt tình & dễ thương trên diễn đàn.

part 1. You are going to read a magazine article in which four different women talk about the
importance of their own personal space. For questions 1-15, choose from the people A-D, The people may be chosen more than once. When more than one answer is required, these may be given in any order.

Which of the women
1. spends her day in conversation with others?
2. would like to take exercise during the day?
3. worries she might upset other people?
4. builds in a special time to be alone at home?
5. builds in a special time to be alone at home?
6. escapes outside to find peace and quiet?
7. likes to prepare mentally for what is to come?
8. gets annoyed if she has no time to herself?
9. gets annoyed if she has no time to herself?
10. thinks other people may feel equally stressed?
11. relies entirely on her home environment for space?
12. feels pressurised by too many demands at work?
13. relies on personal space early in the day?
14. creates space for herself even if she is not at home?
15. has no time to relax during her working day?

A. Katrin
I always need to get away from other people at some point during the day. It’s not that I don't get on with
others. I’ve loads of friends. But I work in a really busy office in the centre of town and from the moment I
leave home each morning it’s non-stop. Crowds on the buses, busy streets, office bustle, phones, e-mail, do
this, do that... By the time the end of the day comes, I’m desperate for some peace and quiet. Even if I’m
going out later in the evening, I always make sure I have at least an hour to myself without anyone being
able to disturb me. I arrive home, make myself a drink and lie on the sofa. I close my eyes and relax by
concentrating on each part of my body in turn, beginning with my neck. Even if I’m away from home, I try
to find the time just to be alone in order to unwind and recharge my batteries. If I don’t make this space for
myself, I feel really tense and irritable.

B. Lia
I share a student flat with three others, so there’s never a quiet moment. When I come back from college in
the evenings it's quite likely that there'll be other people there as well and we’ll all have supper together. It’s
great fun but towards the end of the evening I feel really tired and so I like to disappear by myself for a
while. It’s hopeless to try and find any privacy in the flat, so I go out for a walk. Whatever the weather, I
walk through the park which is quite close. Late at night it's usually empty. There are just shadows and the
rustle of animals and birds. It's very peaceful and it gives me the opportunity to reflect on the day and to
think about what I have to do the next day. When I get back to the flat I like to go straight to bed. Usually I
fall asleep pretty quickly even if the others are still up and chatting or listening to music. If I don’t get this
time to myself. I’ll be like a bear with a sore head the next morning and not nice to know!

C. Beatriz
I'm a night owl and I absolutely hate getting up in the mornings. If people try and talk to me before midday,
I really snap at them. Being an actress means that I work late so it’s important that I create space for myself
at the beginning of each day. And because I use my voice so much, in fact totally depend on it, I like to rest
my voice and just listen to music when I wake up. I don't even want to hear other people's voices. Some
people find this very hard to understand and get quite cross when I tell them not to contact me before noon.
I tell them it's nothing personal, but they still sound offended. I'm sure it must be the same for singers and,
who knows, maybe teachers and lecturers get fed up with hearing the sound of their own voice and simply
long to be by themselves somewhere. In complete silence.

D. Natalie
I work in a call centre, which means I'm constantly on the phone. Apart from lunch and two short breaks
during the day I'm speaking to people all day long. And of course you never get to see who you're speaking
to! By the end of my shift I’m exhausted, not because I’m rushing around or I'm on my feet all day but
simply because I’ve spent the day talking and listening. The breaks are so short that there's no time to do
anything other than get a drink and something to eat. I'd love to be able to go for a walk, but there's nowhere
to escape to within easy walking distance. The building where I work is in the middle of an industrial estate,
you can’t even see a single tree. So my flat is full of house plants and when I get home it’s wonderful to be
able to relax, surrounded by all the greenery. I lie on the floor, stretch out, look up at the plants and try to
imagine I’m in a tropical rainforest miles away!
HELP ME!! Mik đang cần gấp trong sáng nay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THANK YOU!!! <3

S I M O

Cựu Phụ trách nhóm Anh
Thành viên
19 Tháng tư 2017
Nam Định
Trái tim của Riky-Kun
A. I always need to get away from other people at some point during the day. It’s not that I don't get on with
others.8
I’ve loads of friends. But I work in a really busy office in the centre of town and from the moment I
leave home each morning it’s non-stop. Crowds on the buses, busy streets, office bustle, phones, e-mail, do
this, do that... By the time the end of the day comes, I’m desperate for some peace and quiet. Even if I’m
going out later in the evening, I always make sure I have at least an hour to myself without anyone being
able to disturb me. 5
I arrive home, make myself a drink and lie on the sofa. I close my eyes and relax by
concentrating on each part of my body in turn, beginning with my neck. Even if I’m away from home, I try
to find the time just to be alone in order to unwind and recharge my batteries.14
If I don’t make this space for
myself, I feel really tense and irritable.
B. Lia
I share a student flat with three others, so there’s never a quiet moment. When I come back from college in
the evenings it's quite likely that there'll be other people there as well and we’ll all have supper together. It’s
great fun but towards the end of the evening I feel really tired and so I like to disappear by myself for a
while. It’s hopeless to try and find any privacy in the flat, so I go out for a walk. 6
Whatever the weather, I
walk through the park which is quite close. Late at night it's usually empty. There are just shadows and the
rustle of animals and birds. It's very peaceful and it gives me the opportunity to reflect on the day and to
think about what I have to do the next day. 7
When I get back to the flat I like to go straight to bed. Usually I
fall asleep pretty quickly even if the others are still up and chatting or listening to music. If I don’t get this
time to myself. I’ll be like a bear with a sore head the next morning and not nice to know! 9

C. Beatriz
I'm a night owl and I absolutely hate getting up in the mornings. If people try and talk to me before midday,
I really snap at them. Being an actress means that I work late so it’s important that I create space for myself
at the beginning of each day. 13
And because I use my voice so much, in fact totally depend on it, I like to rest
my voice and just listen to music when I wake up. I don't even want to hear other people's voices. Some
people find this very hard to understand and get quite cross when I tell them not to contact me before noon.
I tell them it's nothing personal, but they still sound offended.3 I'm sure it must be the same for singers and,
who knows, maybe teachers and lecturers get fed up with hearing the sound of their own voice and simply
long to be by themselves somewhere. 10
In complete silence.

D. Natalie
I work in a call centre, which means I'm constantly on the phone. Apart from lunch and two short breaks
during the day I'm speaking to people all day long. 1
And of course you never get to see who you're speaking
to! By the end of my shift I’m exhausted 12, not because I’m rushing around or I'm on my feet all day but
simply because I’ve spent the day talking and listening. The breaks are so short that there's no time to do
anything other than get a drink and something to eat. 15 I'd love to be able to go for a walk 2
, but there's nowhere
to escape to within easy walking distance. The building where I work is in the middle of an industrial estate,
you can’t even see a single tree. So my flat is full of house plants and when I get home it’s wonderful to be
able to relax, surrounded by all the greenery. 11
I lie on the floor, stretch out, look up at the plants and try to
imagine I’m in a tropical rainforest miles away!

2D 4C

Top Bottom