Zelly Nguyễn

Học sinh chăm học
Thành viên
26 Tháng tám 2021
Hưng Yên
THCS Nam Hồng
[TẶNG BẠN] TRỌN BỘ Bí kíp học tốt 08 môn
Chắc suất Đại học top - Giữ chỗ ngay!!

ĐĂNG BÀI NGAY để cùng trao đổi với các thành viên siêu nhiệt tình & dễ thương trên diễn đàn.

Fill in each blank with the correct form of the suitable verb. Each verb is used once only.
lie / get / come / jump / play /
drop / go / tick / break / settle

1. Mike's interest in practicing karate ______ off rather quickly and the boy started to look for a new hobby to take up.

2. It took a short while until Muriel ______ round after she had fainted in the stuffy corridor.

3. There was no sign indicating that the cottage had been ______ into, yet, the owner was sure his precious paintings had been stolen.

4. Luckily, the bomb which ______ off near the bank last Friday didn't kill anybody.

5. I don't quite like the new apprentice's approach. He seems to ______ down on the job.

6. We owe this marvelous wooden church building to the first Christian pioneers who ____ down in this area in the 16th century.

7. Our stay in the town will certainly be a good chance for Michael to visit his grandfather's birthplace, so I'm sure he will _____ at the opportunity.

8. Those naughty boys went on making terrible noise in the park even though they had been
______ off by the annoyed constable.

9. Mr. Simson's illegal practices enabled him to ______ away without paying taxes for almost two years.

10. He claims his role in the plot wasn't important, but I suppose he's trying to _____ it down intentionally.

Tannie0903

Cựu Mod Tiếng Anh
Thành viên
8 Tháng mười hai 2021
Nghệ An
Fill in each blank with the correct form of the suitable verb. Each verb is used once only.
lie / get / come / jump / play /
drop / go / tick / break / settle

1. Mike's interest in practicing karate __dropped____ off(trở nên ít hơn) rather quickly and the boy started to look for a new hobby to take up.

2. It took a short while until Muriel _came_____ round (trở nên tỉnh táo) after she had fainted in the stuffy corridor.

3. There was no sign indicating that the cottage had been ___broken___ into( đột nhập), yet, the owner was sure his precious paintings had been stolen.

4. Luckily, the bomb which __went____ off(nổ) near the bank last Friday didn't kill anybody.

5. I don't quite like the new apprentice's approach. He seems to _lie_____ down on the job.(trốn tránh trách nhiệm)

6. We owe this marvelous wooden church building to the first Christian pioneers who __settled __ down (định cư) in this area in the 16th century.

7. Our stay in the town will certainly be a good chance for Michael to visit his grandfather's birthplace, so I'm sure he will _jump____ at the opportunity.( bắt lấy cơ hội)

8. Those naughty boys went on making terrible noise in the park even though they had been
_ticked_____ off( la mắng trẻ nhỏ vì chúng làm gì sai) by the annoyed constable.

9. Mr. Simson's illegal practices enabled him to __get____ away(bỏ trốn) without paying taxes for almost two years.

10. He claims his role in the plot wasn't important, but I suppose he's trying to __play___ it down (khiêm tốn) intentionally.
Chúc bạn học tốt, nếu thắc mắc gì hãy hỏi thêm nhé!
Bạn có thể ghé thăm topic này để học thêm về phrasal verbs nhé:

-Luyện tập phrasal verbs
Đây là một số kiến thức khác bạn có thể tham khảo nhé:
-Tổng hợp kiến thức các môn

• Love
Reactions: Zelly Nguyễn
Top Bottom