English THCS Correct the underlined word

Minh Tín

Học sinh tiến bộ
Thành viên
22 Tháng mười 2017
[TẶNG BẠN] TRỌN BỘ Bí kíp học tốt 08 môn
Chắc suất Đại học top - Giữ chỗ ngay!!

ĐĂNG BÀI NGAY để cùng trao đổi với các thành viên siêu nhiệt tình & dễ thương trên diễn đàn.

Each underlined word below is wrong. Correct them with a correct particle.
The river was flooded and Carole and I weren't sure how we would be able to (1) get into.
'Let's take that boat we saw upstream,' I suggested.
'No way!' Carole replied. 'That's stealing, and anyway, we'd never get (2) behind with it!'
We decided to make a raft out of some logs. Carole tore her shirt into strips to tie them together, and then the two of us got (3) round to the raft. Just at that moment, a huge log came floating downstream and Carole shouted to me to get (4)to. We managed to leap back on to the bank just as the log hit our raft and smashed it to pieces.
'We'll never get (5)down the other side now!' I said in despair.
'Don't worry, every problem has a solution. We'll think of something. We'll get (6)across it somehow,' Carole said cheerfully.
She went to the water's edge and stepped in. It wasn't very deep but the current was really swift.
'Come on, silly!' she said, 'I got you (7)on this mess and I'll get you out of it!' She turned and smiled at me.
'Get (8)over me and hold me round the waist,' she said, 'until I can find out how deep it is.'
With the water up to her knees, she signaled to me to climb on her shoulders. She went slowly, pausing with each step to make sure she had a firm foothold. Suddenly, I felt her slip. I screamed, but fortunately, she regained her balance. When we were in shallow water, she told me it was safe for me to get (9)away.
I think we both realised how close we had come to drowning in the swirling waters, and it took us a long time to get (10)back the experience.

minhloveftu

Học sinh tiêu biểu
Thành viên
15 Tháng một 2019
Quảng Trị
Trường Đời
Bạn xem thử nhé
1. across
2. away
3. into
4. back
5. over / round
6. across
7. into
8. over
9. out
10.into (không chắc lắm)

Reactions: anbinhf

Minh Tín

Học sinh tiến bộ
Thành viên
22 Tháng mười 2017
Each underlined word below is wrong. Correct them with a correct particle.
The river was flooded and Carole and I weren't sure how we would be able to (1) get into.
'Let's take that boat we saw upstream,' I suggested.
'No way!' Carole replied. 'That's stealing, and anyway, we'd never get (2) behind with it!'
We decided to make a raft out of some logs. Carole tore her shirt into strips to tie them together, and then the two of us got (3) round to the raft. Just at that moment, a huge log came floating downstream and Carole shouted to me to get (4)to. We managed to leap back on to the bank just as the log hit our raft and smashed it to pieces.
'We'll never get (5)down the other side now!' I said in despair.
'Don't worry, every problem has a solution. We'll think of something. We'll get (6)across it somehow,' Carole said cheerfully.
She went to the water's edge and stepped in. It wasn't very deep but the current was really swift.
'Come on, silly!' she said, 'I got you (7)on this mess and I'll get you out of it!' She turned and smiled at me.
'Get (8)over me and hold me round the waist,' she said, 'until I can find out how deep it is.'
With the water up to her knees, she signaled to me to climb on her shoulders. She went slowly, pausing with each step to make sure she had a firm foothold. Suddenly, I felt her slip. I screamed, but fortunately, she regained her balance. When we were in shallow water, she told me it was safe for me to get (9)away.
I think we both realised how close we had come to drowning in the swirling waters, and it took us a long time to get (10)back the experience.
1. across
2. away
3. on
4. back
5. to
6. round
7. into
8. behind
9. down
10. over

Top Bottom