English THCS Complete the following passage by choosing A, B, C or D to fill in each blank.

Song_Ngu_123

Học sinh chăm học
Thành viên
20 Tháng chín 2021
Hà Nam
THCS Trần Phú
[TẶNG BẠN] TRỌN BỘ Bí kíp học tốt 08 môn
Chắc suất Đại học top - Giữ chỗ ngay!!

ĐĂNG BÀI NGAY để cùng trao đổi với các thành viên siêu nhiệt tình & dễ thương trên diễn đàn.

Complete the following passage by choosing A, B, C or D to fill in each blank.
Last year Gladys Kalema became the Ugandan Wildlife Service's chief and only vet after (1) _____ for the Royal Veterinary College in London. She was the first person to fill the post for 30 years and at the age of 26, easily the youngest.
If Gladys did nothing else, caring for the world's (2) ______ population of 650 gorillas would alone justify her wages. Since the 1970s, gorillas have (3) ______ severely from war and poaching. Now for $150 each, tourists can be led through the forest and come within five meters of gorilla – no closer, for (4) ______ of transmitting diseases such as measles and flu.
The gorillas here make a small but viable population. (5) ______ in the national parts the usual animals, elephants, rhinos, giraffes, are either not there or present in insignificant numbers which are dangerously out of (6) ______ with the creatures around them. If Uganda stays calm, wildlife may, in (7) _______, return by itself. But Gladys believes the country cannot wait. Animals must be brought in to swell tourism and provide (8) ______to expand her work.
Despite her difficulties, Gladys feels more useful and fulfilled than she would be anywhere else. "At this moment, my friends from vet school are reading the best way to (9) ______ a cat or dog, and here am I planning to translocate elephants. In my small (10) _______ I am part of the reconstruction and rehabilitation of my country."
1. A. leaving B. qualifying C. graduating D. passing
2. A. living B. surviving C. continuing D. lasting
3. A. endured B. harmed C. died D. suffered
4. A. risk B. fear C. fright D. danger
5. A. Somewhere B. Anywhere C. Elsewhere D. Nowhere
6. A. balance B. relation C. comparison D. equality
7. A. terms B. years C. ages D. time
8. A. figures B. funds C. accounts D. savings
9. A. treat B. prescribe C. heal D. operate
10. A. means B. manner C. method D. way

Reactions: _dm.ttt

_dm.ttt

Cựu TMod Anh
Thành viên
7 Tháng sáu 2017
Đắk Lắk
FTU2
Complete the following passage by choosing A, B, C or D to fill in each blank.
Last year Gladys Kalema became the Ugandan Wildlife Service's chief and only vet after (1) _____ for the Royal Veterinary College in London. She was the first person to fill the post for 30 years and at the age of 26, easily the youngest.
If Gladys did nothing else, caring for the world's (2) ______ population of 650 gorillas would alone justify her wages. Since the 1970s, gorillas have (3) ______ severely from war and poaching. Now for $150 each, tourists can be led through the forest and come within five meters of gorilla – no closer, for (4) ______ of transmitting diseases such as measles and flu.
The gorillas here make a small but viable population. (5) ______ in the national parts the usual animals, elephants, rhinos, giraffes, are either not there or present in insignificant numbers which are dangerously out of (6) ______ with the creatures around them. If Uganda stays calm, wildlife may, in (7) _______, return by itself. But Gladys believes the country cannot wait. Animals must be brought in to swell tourism and provide (8) ______to expand her work.
Despite her difficulties, Gladys feels more useful and fulfilled than she would be anywhere else. "At this moment, my friends from vet school are reading the best way to (9) ______ a cat or dog, and here am I planning to translocate elephants. In my small (10) _______ I am part of the reconstruction and rehabilitation of my country."
1. A. leaving B. qualifying C. graduating D. passing
2. A. living B. surviving C. continuing D. lasting
3. A. endured B. harmed C. died D. suffered
4. A. risk B. fear C. fright D. danger
5. A. Somewhere B. Anywhere C. Elsewhere D. Nowhere
6. A. balance B. relation C. comparison D. equality
7. A. terms B. years C. ages D. time
8. A. figures B. funds C. accounts D. savings
9. A. treat B. prescribe C. heal D. operate
10. A. means B. manner C. method D. way

Bạn cũng có thể tham khảo thêm các kiến thức khác tại: https://diendan.hocmai.vn/threads/t...o-ban-hoan-toan-mien-phi.827998/#post-4045397
Chúc bạn học tốt!

Top Bottom