Hazu No No Money

Học sinh chăm học
Thành viên
27 Tháng mười 2018
Hà Nội
THCS yên thường
[TẶNG BẠN] TRỌN BỘ Bí kíp học tốt 08 môn
Chắc suất Đại học top - Giữ chỗ ngay!!

ĐĂNG BÀI NGAY để cùng trao đổi với các thành viên siêu nhiệt tình & dễ thương trên diễn đàn.

Mọi người chữa hộ mình và giải hộ mình mấy câu bỏ trống với !

a. Circle the word whose underlined part is pronounced differently from the rest
1. A meant B steak C bread D head
2. A extensive B pesticide C institute D congratulate
3. A government B tropical C correspond D economic
4. A chapter B yacht C manage D panel
5. A ancient B evidence C practice D celebrate
b. Circle the word whose main stressed syllable is different from the rest
6. A photography B minority C amateur D heroic
7. A comfortable B politician C uncontrollable D practicality
8. A managerial B determination C unbelievable D inability
9. A mysterious B embroider C volcano D earthquake
10. A infrastructure B parade C distinguish D experience

II-VOCABULARY AND GRAMMAR (7,0 pts)
a. Circle the best options A, B, C or D to complete the sentences
11 The team won the championship four years _________ .
A running B passing C following D rotating
12 Home is a base from which we can go into the world with _________ .
A confide B confident C confidence D confidently
13 He can’t rent this second-hand car, _________ buy a new one.
A let alone B unmentioned C not to reckon D unconsidered
14 The factory paid_______ nearly a million pounds to their employees who were injured in the explosion.
A on B out C back D in
15 His father retired early _________ his healt h.
A on behalf of B ahead of C on account of D in my view
16 She went _________ a bad cold just before the new school year.
A down with B in for C over D through
17 Although they had only been invited for lunch, they _________ until supper time.
A stayed on B stayed out C stayed up D stayed in
18 England _________ 2-2 with Germany in the first round.
A tied B pointed C equaled D scored
19 He thought there was a snake nearby when he heard the _________ noise.
A hissing B crackling C squealing D humming
20 When you put some salt in hot water, it will _________ .
A melt B dissolve C soften D disappear
21 Nani is a _________ member of the Manchester United football club.
A long-lasting B long-term C long-standing D long-suffering
22 The _________ of the headlights from the car behind him blinded Mr. Baker momentarily.
A lightness B brightness C greatness D glitter

b. Give correct forms of the words in the brackets
23 _____Leading____________ is the one skill that can grant you the opportunity to get a good job. (Lead)
24 The talks were totally ____unproductive__________________ . We didn’t reach agreement on anything at all. (product)
25 The boy was very violent and his parents found him ________unmanageble______________ . (manage)
26 I want to study _______engineering_______________ at university. (engineer)
27 The monument was erected in ______________________ of the soldiers who fell for posterity. (remember)
28 He wrote so many ________grammatical______________ sentences in his essay that I couldn’t understand it. (grammar)
29 You mustn’t leave your luggage ____unattended__________________ for even a moment on the train. (attend)
30 The accommodation was _________spacious_____________ and comfortable. (space)

c. Use a verb in column A with an adverb particle in B to form a phrasal verb and fill in each sentence. Each verb can be used only once. There are two extras in each column.

A
get take come break look let sit account run listen

B
into out through of to down off for up round

31 Linna’s new book is due to ______________________ next month. I wonder what the critics will think of it.
32 Scientists are mystified by the sudden rise in global temperature. They are unable to ______________________ it.
33 I don't want my colleagues to ______________ wind _____________ the fact that I'm leaving.
34 John works in that office. I quite often ______________________ him in the streets round here.
35 Kate has a very pleasant manner. I’m sure the children will ____________________ her at once.
36 Although the students ______________________ the entire lecture, none of them is really paying attention to it.
37 The schools will ______________________ next week. It's almost holiday time.
38 Brian's parents have high expectations of him and he is determined not to ______________ them

Ngố Ngây Ngô

Giải Nhất event Thế giới Sinh học 2
Thành viên
24 Tháng bảy 2018
Quảng Nam
THPT
13 He can’t rent this second-hand car, _________ buy a new one.
A let alone B unmentioned C not to reckon D unconsidered
A. let alone : used to emphasize that something is more impossible than another thing
14 The factory paid_______ nearly a million pounds to their employees who were injured in the explosion.
A on B out C back D in
pay out : pay money to s.o
16 She went _________ a bad cold just before the new school year.
A down with B in for C over D through
A go down with : mắc bệnh
18 England _________ 2-2 with Germany in the first round.
A tied B pointed C equaled D scored
A san bằng tỉ số
23 _____Leading____________ is the one skill that can grant you the opportunity to get a good job. (Lead)
leadership
27 The monument was erected in ______________________ of the soldiers who fell for posterity. (remember)
remembrance
28 He wrote so many ________grammatical______________ sentences in his essay that I couldn’t understand it. (grammar)
ungrammatical (phủ định)

31 Linna’s new book is due to _____come out (được xuất bản)_________________ next month. I wonder what the critics will think of it.
32 Scientists are mystified by the sudden rise in global temperature. They are unable to ______account for (giải thích)________________ it.
33 I don't want my colleagues to _______get_______ wind _______of (biết về vấn đề gì)______ the fact that I'm leaving.
34 John works in that office. I quite often _____run into (gặp)_________________ him in the streets round here.
35 Kate has a very pleasant manner. I’m sure the children will ____take to (bắt đầu thích ai đó)________________ her at once.
36 Although the students ________sit through (stay until the end)______________ the entire lecture, none of them is really paying attention to it.
37 The schools will ________break up (cái này hình như là trường cho nghỉ lễ mà nghĩa cụ thể quên rồi :))))______________ next week. It's almost holiday time.
38 Brian's parents have high expectations of him and he is determined not to ______let________ them down ( làm ai thất vọng)

Top Bottom