English THPT Choose the best answer:

Uyên Phan731

Học sinh
Thành viên
16 Tháng chín 2021
[TẶNG BẠN] TRỌN BỘ Bí kíp học tốt 08 môn
Chắc suất Đại học top - Giữ chỗ ngay!!

ĐĂNG BÀI NGAY để cùng trao đổi với các thành viên siêu nhiệt tình & dễ thương trên diễn đàn.

Choose the best answer

1. It’s foregone ....... that he’ll be top of the class again. A. concept B. proposal C. conclusion D. prediction
2. They didn’t enjoy the movie the first time, so ....... it again is very slim.
A. the likelihood of their seeing B. it’s unlikely they’ll see C. they probably won’t see D. the likelihood of them to see
3. I will keep your application ........ file for the time beeing. A. in B. with C. on D. at
4. The new legislation will go into effect ....... the first of the year. A. as if B. as of C. as though D. as for
5. At parties, Jill was always very ....... and talkative. A. calm B. outgoing C. insecure D. tense
6. “ It’s cold in here ! ” – “ .......... the window ? ” A. Shall I close for you B. Would you like me to close
C. Do you like that I close D. Would you like my closing
7. “ Could you lend me twenty dollars ?” – “ ......... you promise to repay it next week .”
A. In case B. If only C. On condition that D. As long
8. There is a total ......... on smoking in public places in Los Angeles. A. ban B. stop C. restriction D. taboo
9. It’s crucial ........ late, or the tour bus will depart without you. A. your not being B. that you won’t be
C. that you not be D. to be not
10. He took ....... of his meeting with the Prime Minister to argue his case. A. opportunity B. advantage C. chance D. effect
11. ...... who wish to ask for the writer’s signature stand in a line, please. A. These B. They C. There D. Those
12. If you’re planning to leave the office earlier, ....... in mind to tell me about it in advance. A. bear B. put C. hold D. carry
13. Hats like this may have been fashionable in the 1960s, but now they are ...... the times. A. beneath B. under C. over D. behind
14. They promised to give you a rise ? – Yes, that’s ....... to believe.
A. what led them B. what they led C. what I led them D. what I was led

Hien Dang

Cựu Mod tiếng Anh
Thành viên
2 Tháng chín 2021
Nam Định
NEU
1. It’s foregone ....... that he’ll be top of the class again. A. concept B. proposal C. conclusion D. prediction
it's foregone conclusion = it's certain
2. They didn’t enjoy the movie the first time, so ....... it again is very slim.
A. the likelihood of their seeing B. it’s unlikely they’ll see C. they probably won’t see D. the likelihood of them to see
3. I will keep your application ........ file for the time beeing. A. in B. with C. on D. at
keep sth on file: giữ cái gì để tham khảo thêm
4. The new legislation will go into effect ....... the first of the year. A. as if B. as of C. as though D. as for
as of + time: từ lúc đó trở đi

5. At parties, Jill was always very ....... and talkative. A. calm B. outgoing C. insecure D. tense
outgoing: hoà đồng
6. “ It’s cold in here ! ” – “ .......... the window ? ” A. Shall I close for you B. Would you like me to close
C. Do you like that I close D. Would you like my closing
7. “ Could you lend me twenty dollars ?” – “ ......... you promise to repay it next week .”
A. In case B. If only C. On condition that D. As long
If only: chỉ khi

8. There is a total ......... on smoking in public places in Los Angeles. A. ban B. stop C. restriction D. taboo
ban: lệnh cấm
9. It’s crucial ........ late, or the tour bus will depart without you. A. your not being B. that you won’t be
C. that you not be D. to be not
10. He took ....... of his meeting with the Prime Minister to argue his case. A. opportunity B. advantage C. chance D. effect
take advantage of sth: lợi dụng
11. ...... who wish to ask for the writer’s signature stand in a line, please. A. These B. They C. There D. Those
12. If you’re planning to leave the office earlier, ....... in mind to tell me about it in advance. A. bear B. put C. hold D. carry
bear in mind = remember
13. Hats like this may have been fashionable in the 1960s, but now they are ...... the times. A. beneath B. under C. over D. behind
behind the times: lỗi thời

14. They promised to give you a rise ? – Yes, that’s ....... to believe.
A. what led them B. what they led C. what I led them D. what I was led

Chúc bạn học tốt!

Top Bottom