English THPT Chọn đáp án đúng :

Uyên Phan731

Học sinh
Thành viên
16 Tháng chín 2021
[TẶNG BẠN] TRỌN BỘ Bí kíp học tốt 08 môn
Chắc suất Đại học top - Giữ chỗ ngay!!

ĐĂNG BÀI NGAY để cùng trao đổi với các thành viên siêu nhiệt tình & dễ thương trên diễn đàn.

Choose the best answer:
1. She got the job ....... of considerable competition. A. in the face B. excluding C. despite D. respective
2. It was difficult for the lecturer to ....... his voice to the back of the hall. A. shout B. raise C. deliver D. project
3. The ....... of the pudding is in the eating ! A. taste B. proof C. quality D. pleasure
4. As children we were very close, but as we grew up we just ....... apart. A. floated B. moved C. drifted D. rolled
5. What’s the ...... rate for this bungalow ? – It’s ten thousand dollars, sir. A. running B. making C. setting D. going
6. Tom trains hard, is talented and eager to win-he is, in ....... , the perfect competitor. A. total B. whole C. short D. part
7. More than thirty people ....... evidence to the court during the four-week trial. A. gave B. explained C. produced D. spoke
8. In this quiz you have the chance to ..... your wits against the most intelligent people in England.
A. set B. pit C. try D. sharpen
9. Do you think she’ll get the good job? – I have my doubts. She’s inexperienced, ....... very shy.
A. in addition B. as well C. let it alone D. not to mention
10. At the age of eighteen, my brother was ...... in the armed forces. A. accepted B. consigned C. enlisted D. recruited
11. Your report should have been perfect. You had ...... time to check it over. A. much too much B. more than enough
C. quite a few D. little enough
12. The company is suspected ....... the trade embargo. A. having broken B. to break C. of breaking D. breaking
13. ....... had I left the hotel when I was surrounded by photographers. A. No sooner B. Immediately C. Just D. Hardly
14. Tickets cost a ...... £6, which for three hours of music is great value for money. A. few B. small C. mere D. bit

Hazu No No Money

Học sinh chăm học
Thành viên
27 Tháng mười 2018
Hà Nội
THCS yên thường
Choose the best answer:
1. She got the job ....... of considerable competition. A. in the face B. excluding C. despite D. respective
2. It was difficult for the lecturer to ....... his voice to the back of the hall. A. shout B. raise C. deliver D. project
3. The ....... of the pudding is in the eating ! A. taste B. proof C. quality D. pleasure
4. As children we were very close, but as we grew up we just ....... apart. A. floated B. moved C. drifted D. rolled
5. What’s the ...... rate for this bungalow ? – It’s ten thousand dollars, sir. A. running B. making C. setting D. going
6. Tom trains hard, is talented and eager to win-he is, in ....... , the perfect competitor. A. total B. whole C. short D. part
7. More than thirty people ....... evidence to the court during the four-week trial. A. gave B. explained C. produced D. spoke
8. In this quiz you have the chance to ..... your wits against the most intelligent people in England.
9. Do you think she’ll get the good job? – I have my doubts. She’s inexperienced, ....... very shy.
10. At the age of eighteen, my brother was ...... in the armed forces. A. accepted B. consigned C. enlisted D. recruited
11. Your report should have been perfect. You had ...... time to check it over. A. much too much B. more than enough

12. The company is suspected ....... the trade embargo. A. having broken B. to break C. of breaking D. breaking
13. ....... had I left the hotel when I was surrounded by photographers. A. No sooner B. Immediately C. Just D. Hardly
14. Tickets cost a ...... £6, which for three hours of music is great value for money. A. few B. small C. mere D. bit

1. She got the job ....... of considerable competition. A. in the face B. excluding C. despite(?) D. respective

Reactions: Uyên Phan731

S I M O

Cựu Phụ trách nhóm Anh
Thành viên
19 Tháng tư 2017
Nam Định
Trái tim của Riky-Kun
Chỉnh sửa lại một số câu và thêm giải thích
In the face of sth = dù có phải đối đầu với (khó khăn thử thách,...)

project + voice = nói một cách to và rõ ràng

=> Một idiom mang ý nghĩa là chỉ được đánh giá một vấn đề khi đã biết rõ (đã thử nghiệm, sử dụng qua) về nó

drift apart = không còn thân thiết

5. What’s the ...... rate for this bungalow? – It’s ten thousand dollars, sir. A. running B. making C. setting D. going
going rate = giá thị trường

in short = nói ngắn gọn

give evidence = to talk and answer questions about something especially in a court of law while formally promising that what one is saying is true (testify)

pit one's wits against = compete with

A. in addition B. as well C. let it alone D. not to mention => đưa ra một ý kiến để nhấn mạnh thứ phía trươc

11. Your report should have been perfect. You had ...... time to check it over. A. much too much B. more than enough = nhiều hơn cần thiết

=> bị nghi ngờ

Đảo ngữ với Hardly when =>
[Lý thuyết] Đảo ngữ - HMF

mere + [money] = chỉ bao nhiêu => ý muốn nhấn mạnh là rất ít, rất bé

Những topic khá hay để học hỏi Academic vocabulary used in essays & How to write right :Tonton4

Top Bottom