English THCS For questions 1 - 5, choose the best phrase or sentence A - H (given below the text) to fill each o

Song_Ngu_123

Học sinh chăm học
Thành viên
20 Tháng chín 2021
Hà Nam
THCS Trần Phú
[TẶNG BẠN] TRỌN BỘ Bí kíp học tốt 08 môn
Chắc suất Đại học top - Giữ chỗ ngay!!

ĐĂNG BÀI NGAY để cùng trao đổi với các thành viên siêu nhiệt tình & dễ thương trên diễn đàn.

For questions 1 - 5, choose the best phrase or sentence A - H (given below the text) to fill each of the blanks in the following text. Write on letter (A - H) in corresponding numbered boxes. Three of the suggested answers do NOT fit at all.
SHORT OF FUNDS

You see, I started the job with the highest of hopes. I mean, I’d never really thought of fund - raising as a career, but at the end of the day it’s a job, isn’t it? It pays the bills. Well, it would have done if they hadn’t kept ____________ (81).That was the trouble. First they wanted me to phone their precious sponsors, then they said I should forget them and concentrate on ____________ (82). And of course, I was having to input everything on this all - singing, all - dancing computer - you wouldn’t believe the things it could do! I wasn’t getting on well with my boss either - you could tell I just wasn’t her flavor of the month. Who knows why? ____________ (83). But when she discovered I hadn’t raised any money at all in the whole three months I’d been there it all went pear - shaped and I found myself out on my ear. Well, I never liked it much there anyway. Being unemployed isn’t ____________ (84). I’ve got enough money to tide me over till about September. I’m still looking around for something else, but if there’s absolutely nothing and push comes to shove, I might try and ____________ (85) on the internet. It can’t be that difficult, can it?
A. I must have raised a lot of money to please her
B. the end of the world
C. I must have done something to upset her
D. the end of the tunnel
E. moving the goalpost
F. go on business
G. attracting new donors
H. set up my own business

Reactions: S I M O

S I M O

Cựu Phụ trách nhóm Anh
Thành viên
19 Tháng tư 2017
Nam Định
Trái tim của Riky-Kun
For questions 1 - 5, choose the best phrase or sentence A - H (given below the text) to fill each of the blanks in the following text. Write on letter (A - H) in corresponding numbered boxes. Three of the suggested answers do NOT fit at all.
SHORT OF FUNDS
You see, I started the job with the highest of hopes. I mean, I’d never really thought of fund - raising as a career, but at the end of the day it’s a job, isn’t it? It pays the bills. Well, it would have done if they hadn’t kept ____________ (81).That was the trouble. First they wanted me to phone their precious sponsors, then they said I should forget them and concentrate on ____________ (82). And of course, I was having to input everything on this all - singing, all - dancing computer - you wouldn’t believe the things it could do! I wasn’t getting on well with my boss either - you could tell I just wasn’t her flavor of the month. Who knows why? ____________ (83). But when she discovered I hadn’t raised any money at all in the whole three months I’d been there it all went pear - shaped and I found myself out on my ear. Well, I never liked it much there anyway. Being unemployed isn’t ____________ (84). I’ve got enough money to tide me over till about September. I’m still looking around for something else, but if there’s absolutely nothing and push comes to shove, I might try and ____________ (85) on the internet. It can’t be that difficult, can it?
A. I must have raised a lot of money to please her
B. the end of the world
D. the end of the tunnel
E. moving the goalpost
F. go on business
G. attracting new donors
H. set up my own business
Tham khảo
SHORT OF FUNDS
You see, I started the job with the highest of hopes. I mean, I’d never really thought of fundraising as a career, but at the end of the day it’s a job, isn’t it? It pays the bills. Well, it would have done if they hadn’t kept ____________ (81).That was the trouble. First they wanted me to phone their precious sponsors, then they said I should forget them and concentrate on ____________ (82). And of course, I was having to input everything on this all-singing, all-dancing computer - you wouldn’t believe the things it could do! I wasn’t getting on well with my boss either - you could tell I just wasn’t her flavor of the month. Who knows why? ____________ (83). But when she discovered I hadn’t raised any money at all in the whole three months I’d been there it all went pear-shaped and I found myself out on my ear. Well, I never liked it much there anyway. Being unemployed isn’t ____________ (84). I’ve got enough money to tide me over till about September. I’m still looking around for something else, but if there’s absolutely nothing and push comes to shove, I might try and ____________ (85) on the internet. It can’t be that difficult, can it?
83 A. I must have raised a lot of money to please her
84 B. the end of the world
D. the end of the tunnel
81 E. moving the goalpost
F. go on business
82 G. attracting new donors
85 H. set up my own business

Ngoài ra bạn cũng có thể tham khảo và ủng hộ những topic sau để có sự tiến bộ về nhiều kỹ năng ~
[TIPs] Rewrite the sentences
Ten words a day and some tips for learning
[Dịch thuật] Word order

Luyện thi tốt nghiệp THPTQG môn tiếng Anh
NEXT 0.2
Chia sẻ phương pháp ôn thi
Tổng hợp kiến thức các môn
Chúc bạn một ngày vui vẻ!

Top Bottom